PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a friend that sells Cingular phones?

JustMVG
11-25-2004, 01:10 PM
I am looking at getting the new Motorola Razor phone, and my contract is up in Jan 05 anyone sell these and can i get real nice HB discount? The wife will kill me if i shell out close to 500 bucks on a cell phone.... Thanks MikeVG

Dr. Eagle
11-25-2004, 02:19 PM
No, I don't know anyone that sells the phones, but I do build their cell sites... :D

JustMVG
11-25-2004, 02:49 PM
Dr eagle why are you always so helpful :D , didn't Cingular just get alot of AT+t's towers? All i know is i am getting more Bars in places i didn't get any, so i guess this is a good thing, thought about switching but will stay w Cingular they've been good to me.
MikeVG hope you are having a great T Day Doc.

Dr. Eagle
11-25-2004, 03:02 PM
Just make sure you get a phone that is capable of both GSM 850 and GSM 1900. Then you will have more bars.
Cingular bought AT&T wireless and will be moving all their current customers in California and Nevada to the "Cingular Blue' network. That means basically you will be moving over to the old AT&T Wireless network. Because AT&T Wireless has 850 MHz spectrum that propagates better and penetrates buildings better, your service should be better.
T-Moblie is getting the keys to the old Cingular system shortly...

JustMVG
11-25-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks Doc, good stuff to know, i want the Motorola Razor it has all the features i want . MVG

Dr. Eagle
11-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks Doc, good stuff to know, i want the Motorola Razor it has all the features i want . MVG
While I sometimes disliked things like power consumption and such, Motorola has always had the best Radio Frequency (RF) performance of any phones. I used to really like them until they decided not to make Digital phones in the early 90s. Then they were playing catch up for a long time... I think they caught up... :)

Sleek-Jet
11-25-2004, 07:35 PM
I'm still nursing my Digital Star-Tac along, I love that phone, even if it is outdated. None of the new phone have tripped my trigger, but the "Razor" looks interesting, to bad it's Cingular...

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
11-26-2004, 08:58 AM
No, I don't know anyone that sells the phones, but I do build their cell sites... :D
will the at&t deal allow us cingular users better coverage in Arizona? cingular is not so good over there....

Cas
11-26-2004, 09:21 AM
call Tim at 530-318-6262
He has a Cingular outlet in South Lake Tahoe that sets us up, good friend of ours. Just let him know Steve and Eileen said hi. Not sure he can can a deal though.

Doctor Feniks
11-26-2004, 09:34 AM
i bought one of these phones about 2 wks ago......very nice. you won't be disappointed.

JustMVG
11-26-2004, 12:08 PM
i bought one of these phones about 2 wks ago......very nice. you won't be disappointed.
Now thats what i want to hear!!!! Did you get any of the wireless headsets thatare available for that model, if you did how is it working out?
MikeVG

Beautiful Noise
11-26-2004, 12:28 PM
will the at&t deal allow us cingular users better coverage in Arizona? cingular is not so good over there....
What works good in Arizona at least the Parker area is the old AT&T ..TDMA..service which they still have they just don't advertize it OR give the good promotions with it,The GSM Service doesnt work which is the same as Cingular service.I have AT&T mainly for the Parker service,The wife has Cingular because I work for SBC who owns Cingular. :)

Cas
11-26-2004, 01:12 PM
with AT&T and Cingular joining up, I'm hoping the service increases bit time, we'll see

JustMVG
11-26-2004, 03:37 PM
I've had Cingular for more than 5 years and i have noticed a big increase in the amount of areas i get reception now, although, sometimes the call goes thru but gets a bit staticy(if it isn't a word it is now) but then gets clear right away.
MVG

Doctor Feniks
11-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Now thats what i want to hear!!!! Did you get any of the wireless headsets thatare available for that model, if you did how is it working out?
MikeVG
yep....got a motorola bluetooth headset that works awesome. i have programmed most of my most used contacts into the voice memory so that i can dial them by voice control with the headset. plus the phone has the extended bluetooth feature that lets you connect up to 100 yards away (rather than the usual 30 yards). also, the camera on this phone is amazing. it takes very good pics that seem to have great calarity and color....and it has zoom. i really can't say enough about this phone.

Debbolas
11-26-2004, 09:06 PM
yep....got a motorola bluetooth headset that works awesome. i have programmed most of my most used contacts into the voice memory so that i can dial them by voice control with the headset. plus the phone has the extended bluetooth feature that lets you connect up to 100 yards away (rather than the usual 30 yards). also, the camera on this phone is amazing. it takes very good pics that seem to have great calarity and color....and it has zoom. i really can't say enough about this phone.
Hey Doc,
How's it going? :cool:

Dr. Eagle
11-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt it. Arizona was an all 1900 MHz market for AT&T, I was the program manager for the original network deployment there in 1995/1996. Coverage around Phoenix, the I 10 corridor to Tucson and Tucson, pretty well covered. The rest of the state is hit and miss...

Doctor Feniks
11-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Hey Doc,
How's it going? :cool:
not too bad. just got back from the parents house and am absolutely stuffed. we had our thanksgiving dinner today as my wifes family had a big get together yesterday and i was unable to split my time between her family and mine. hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Debbolas
11-26-2004, 10:49 PM
not too bad. just got back from the parents house and am absolutely stuffed. we had our thanksgiving dinner today as my wifes family had a big get together yesterday and i was unable to split my time between her family and mine. hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Oh, yes , just grand! ;)
getting ready for the big get together tomorrow, 45 of Screams closest family members........... :boxingguy
I think we are ready.......... :idea:

Doctor Feniks
11-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Oh, yes , just grand! ;)
getting ready for the big get together tomorrow, 45 of Screams closest family members........... :boxingguy
I think we are ready.......... :idea:
hahaha....did he make another t-shirt for this get together??