PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Impeller info

canuck1
11-26-2004, 03:52 PM
OK fill me in
some say its faster
some say its quicker
Chet says it costs too much
is it worth the money to detail a SS impeller?

Squirtin Thunder
11-26-2004, 03:55 PM
Any impeller !!!

bp
11-26-2004, 04:18 PM
i'd answer that question, but it's top secret, and you know how it is around here, givin' secrets away to foreigners... :eek:

Squirtin Thunder
11-26-2004, 04:33 PM
i'd answer that question, but it's top secret, and you know how it is around here, givin' secrets away to foreigners... :eek:
Thats funnny !!! :messedup:

canuck1
11-26-2004, 04:45 PM
OK I'm callin out Tom Brown to deal with you :cool:

steelcomp
11-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Why would you want to "Detail" an impeller for a Mudsucker?
Wow...was that a humorous smackdown...meant in fun? :2purples:
OK...who are you and what have you done with Jack!! :crossx: :D

steelcomp
11-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey bp..nice to see ya back. Been a little BUSY??? :cool:

canuck1
11-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Why would you want to "Detail" an impeller for a Mudsucker?
so I can kick your ass with 1/3 the power :cool:

Squirtin Thunder
11-27-2004, 09:06 AM
"so I can kick your ass with 1/3 the power"
Bring It On ... That is if you can get it across The Border. :D
That will be an expencive ass woooooppin !!!!
I think about $2000. Then a very long trip home with your tail tucked between your legs. :yuk:

Nucking futs
11-27-2004, 03:15 PM
Does anyone ever have their impeller balanced? Just fishing........ :notam:

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
11-27-2004, 03:54 PM
Who the **** is Chet?

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
11-27-2004, 03:56 PM
I believe Jack does that when he blueprints your impeller :D Budlight

steelcomp
11-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Who the **** is Chet?
Nobody. :sleeping:

canuck1
11-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Does anyone ever have their impeller balanced? Just fishing........ :notam:
Yes after everytime that it gets repaired or cut

canuck1
11-27-2004, 04:29 PM
"so I can kick your ass with 1/3 the power"
Bring It On ... That is if you can get it across The Border. :D
cool i'll pick the river :eek:

bottom feeder
11-28-2004, 08:30 AM
OK fill me in
some say its faster
some say its quicker
Chet says it costs too much
is it worth the money to detail a SS impeller?
Faster= yes
Quicker= Yes
everything costs to much
It is a much better value than detailing an aluminum one
Mud tends to build up in slow moving water like beaver dams this is why they are jumped over, it causes little or no damage to the impeller while flying across :p

berk
11-28-2004, 09:02 AM
i wish i knew how to find beaver dams. hell i live in the beaver state and have never seen a beaver in my life! hmmm. that would be a good name for a strip club "THE BEAVER DAM"

Cs19
11-28-2004, 09:02 AM
How about this..
Say you have a berk jet that is tight, all clearances are tight, otherwise bone stock other than a race shaft, and you have say 680 horsepower. What does everyone think is the single best improvement you can make to the pump itself, not the hardware, the pump itself.. flow the bowl? ultimate wear ring? stuffer?prep the impeller front and back? speed coat everything? :rolleyes: :D whats the single best improvement..? Or can it not get any better?

Squirtin Thunder
11-28-2004, 09:06 AM
How about this..
Say you have a berk jet that is tight, all clearances are tight, otherwise bone stock other than a race shaft, and you have say 680 horsepower. What does everyone think is the single best improvement you can make to the pump itself, not the hardware, the pump itself.. flow the bowl? ultimate wear ring? stuffer?prep the impeller front and back? speed coat everything? :rolleyes: :D whats the single best improvement..? Or can it not get any better?
I know !!!!
And cs19 knows I know !!!
So I won't answer right now !!!
Jim

Jake W2
11-28-2004, 09:14 AM
DETAIL THE IMP. :idea:
Jake

steelcomp
11-28-2004, 11:29 AM
I'd say it's a toss up between the impeller and the bowl, but if I had to choose, I'd do the impeller. I really don't think one should be done without the other.

bp
11-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey bp..nice to see ya back. Been a little BUSY??? :cool:
yah, i thot phoenix wore me out, but that other thread has kilt me.. no more i say, no more at all!!! i kwit, i've hadit!!! :hammerhea its like the idiots behind marks boat; "its all wrong, all wrong i tell ya :2purples: :2purples: :hammerhea :hammerhea
chris, i dunno,.... perhaps try 12 difrent whirlly gigs, and if one makes it go 1mphfaster, it's the right one??? perhaps that lonely one growing fur in the corner?? yes that one? it does not look well liked. mebbe it is -THE ONE? must-go-stare-at-yellow-thing----

Liberator TJ1984
11-29-2004, 04:19 PM
My engine builder recommends balancing the impeller also, I have watched him spin a few and would be amazed at how far some are out, so I am sold on it, he takes the comple assy. impeller,shaft,inducer,etc, makes everything up then balances complete :idea:

Cs19
11-29-2004, 04:40 PM
the idiots behind marks boat; "its all wrong, all wrong i tell ya :2purples: :2purples: :hammerhea :hammerhea
I just picked up on this BP. LOL.
Its all wrong..

steelcomp
11-29-2004, 07:38 PM
yah, i thot phoenix wore me out, but that other thread has kilt me.. no more i say, no more at all!!! i kwit, i've hadit!!! :hammerhea its like the idiots behind marks boat; "its all wrong, all wrong i tell ya :2purples: :2purples: :hammerhea :hammerhea
Breathe, Bob...breathe. :lightsabe
chris, i dunno,.... perhaps try 12 difrent whirlly gigs, and if one makes it go 1mphfaster, it's the right one??? perhaps that lonely one growing fur in the corner?? yes that one? it does not look well liked. mebbe it is -THE ONE? must-go-stare-at-yellow-thing----
That's what the last guy that tried that yellow whirley gig thought...notice it's back in the corner covered with cobwebs and dust.
Didn't that cost him the championship????
bp...you don't know nuthin! Just look atcha! Can't tune a motor, can't cut a light. Sheesh. Ya think you'll ever figure it out? :supp: :redface: :cool:

pops1
11-30-2004, 08:42 AM
cool i'll pick the river :eek:
The Canuck's answer- Needs a whole River just to get running. Clue- Down here most guys run 1/4 mile or so for a race. That way you never get too far away from your cooler. :D

TIMINATOR
11-30-2004, 07:58 PM
POPS 1: gonna have broadband in about a week, I'll send ya the before and after pump videos, and if ya decide that there not POPSsecret, I'll post it! I'll call ya! TIMINATOR

pops1
12-01-2004, 09:22 AM
POPS 1: gonna have broadband in about a week, I'll send ya the before and after pump videos, and if ya decide that there not POPSsecret, I'll post it! I'll call ya! TIMINATOR
Thanks Tim- Canuck I was not serious- and besides we just sent our president in the cold to thank you guy's, for, for, for, Allowing our planes to land, God Bless you Guy's. I did see that a lot of people showed up with banners and flags to greet him also, thaT WAS NICE :coffeycup

canuck1
12-01-2004, 09:48 AM
The Canuck's answer- Needs a whole River just to get running. Clue- Down here most guys run 1/4 mile or so for a race. That way you never get too far away from your cooler. :D
I guess our attention span is longer than yours, we can handle running for more than a few seconds and aren't scared to get too far away from the trailer :D

canuck1
12-01-2004, 09:50 AM
Thanks Tim- Canuck I was not serious- and besides we just sent our president in the cold to thank you guy's, for, for, for, Allowing our planes to land, God Bless you Guy's. I did see that a lot of people showed up with banners and flags to greet him also, thaT WAS NICE :coffeycup
I really got to hand it to Bush when he thanked everyone that waved with all five fingers

pops1
12-01-2004, 10:22 AM
I really got to hand it to Bush when he thanked everyone that waved with all five fingers
Yes I seen that also. All of them had that V thing with the fingers, like you see on that Space Program with Capt KROCK.

texas-19
12-01-2004, 12:32 PM
Yes I seen that also. All of them had that V thing with the fingers, like you see on that Space Program with Capt KROCK.
Good one.
Hey Canuck,none of those parts on your boat came from the U.S.A. did they?

canuck1
12-01-2004, 12:42 PM
Good one.
Hey Canuck,none of those parts on your boat came from the U.S.A. did they?
I don't know if they were built in the States or Canada but I do Know they were built in America. As for the Bush comment I thought what he said was great

jweeks123
12-02-2004, 12:25 AM
so I can kick your ass with 1/3 the power :cool:
lets assume you actually believe this.
why do you think this is so? what feature of your boat would give it that superiority?
your motor has less power, so it's not the motor.
your jet is apparently stock, so it's not the jet.
that leave the hull. is it a V or a tunnel? what feature of the hull makes it perform better than other jet boats?
these tin boat intrigue me, but they're not around my area of calif so we don't get to see if they really kick ass with 1/3 the power
jw

pops1
12-02-2004, 10:08 AM
why do you think this is so? what feature of your boat would give it that superiority?
that leave the hull. is it a V or a tunnel? what feature of the hull makes it perform better than other jet boats?
these tin boat intrigue me, but they're not around my area of calif so we don't get to see if they really kick ass with 1/3 the power
jwI wil help you out here. 47 or so years ago, we raced outboards. the biggest motor was a 58A merc. now thats 50 HP. So when you mount it on the 14' outboard you put a big prop on it. now our's ran 54MPH doing this- not a bad speed for power yet the secret was what it took to do this. This is no B/S -You ran a rope from bow eye to rear of transom. As you had such a large prop it took would not go on plain at all. So what you did was get a co-pilot who climbed up the rope and hung over the bow, bouncing untill she fell to plaine. now as it started to take off, he climbs back to the transom and now both Driver & co-pilot set with there asses on transom waiting for the speed to come. Races were always running start and each turn the co goes forward and hangs over the bow to keep the plaine.
Now in Jet River Racing this same would apply. You start your race in Alberta and by Manatoba you have a real good speed going to finish in Ontario.
There biggest problem is the Beer Cooler is to heavy, so its left in Alberta shipped via Fed Ex to Ontario, which beats the boat to Ontario so the cooler is waiting when they arrive. And that is how you Yanks would get beat with less horsepower. Hope this explains.

canuck1
12-02-2004, 10:25 AM
jw
Yes, I do believe this
1/4" steel plate
motor has plenty of power
I never said the pump was stock
20 degree v , sprint hull
a stock zz4 will run 80, what does the average glass hull take to run 80
and the most important thing I GET TO PICK THE RIVER

canuck1
12-02-2004, 10:36 AM
I wil help you out here. 47 or so years ago, we raced outboards. the biggest motor was a 58A merc. now thats 50 HP. So when you mount it on the 14' outboard you put a big prop on it. now our's ran 54MPH doing this- not a bad speed for power yet the secret was what it took to do this. This is no B/S -You ran a rope from bow eye to rear of transom. As you had such a large prop it took would not go on plain at all. So what you did was get a co-pilot who climbed up the rope and hung over the bow, bouncing untill she fell to plaine. now as it started to take off, he climbs back to the transom and now both Driver & co-pilot set with there asses on transom waiting for the speed to come. Races were always running start and each turn the co goes forward and hangs over the bow to keep the plaine.
Now in Jet River Racing this same would apply. You start your race in Alberta and by Manatoba you have a real good speed going to finish in Ontario.
There biggest problem is the Beer Cooler is to heavy, so its left in Alberta shipped via Fed Ex to Ontario, which beats the boat to Ontario so the cooler is waiting when they arrive. And that is how you Yanks would get beat with less horsepower. Hope this explains.
See the first problem in this story is the outboard motor, the second is the beer cooler, if you had an aluminum cooler.......
As Bottom Feeder has said in the past its all about the acceleration, 300' not 3 miles

bottom feeder
12-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Yea what's that A$$ %#$& know! :messedup:

pops1
12-02-2004, 03:36 PM
See the first problem in this story is the outboard motor, the second is the beer cooler, if you had an aluminum cooler.......
As Bottom Feeder has said in the past its all about the acceleration, 300' not 3 milesDang -Aluninium I forgot that one. Hey I asked you on another post- How long is your season. From to:

Willis
12-02-2004, 04:59 PM
Hey,
:messedup:
You can't let the secret weapon out! Then everybody will know!
Willis

jweeks123
12-02-2004, 11:23 PM
Yes, I do believe thisbut you need better answers to make others believe.
1/4" steel plate?????you carry 1/4"steel plates around in the boat to make it fast.
where could you possibly put them to increase speed?? it's just extra weight
motor has plenty of powerbut you said you can kick ass with 1/3 the power. just give us a number for hp so we can get an idea of how it compares to plastic boats.
I never said the pump was stockwell yur asking here about impeller work, so i guess you don't have any. what part of th ejet isn't stock.
20 degree v , sprint hullso how does this translate into more speed? is the boat extremely light?
a stock zz4 will run 80what does it weight. how much hp. how do you setup the hull.
please explain.
jw