PDA

View Full Version : HTM molds sold to Howard Boats ???

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-28-2004, 08:42 PM
Well....
A little bird told me that Leah has sold most of the HTM molds to Howard Boats....She may have kept the mold for the 30'.
Could it be true ????
"HTM by Howard Boats"
Later,
CJG
:cool:

al cole'holic
11-28-2004, 08:44 PM
Well....
A little bird told me that Leah has sold most of the HTM molds to Howard Boats....She may have kept the mold for the 30'.
Could it be true ????
"HTM by Howard Boats"
Later,
CJG
:cool:
I know after the accident she tried pretty hard to get Cole to buy em...

Evo22
11-28-2004, 08:46 PM
really, hmmm thats interesting :idea: I know that they are not doing very well?

Kilrtoy
11-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Speaking of COLE
what was the scoop on that whole dealeo, Why is everyone scared to talk.....

77charger
11-28-2004, 08:47 PM
Well....
Could it be true ????
"HTM by Howard Boats"
Later,
CJG
:cool:maybe they can revive htm by mirage again.
:D

Evo22
11-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Speaking of COLE
cuz nobody wants too get shot :220v: I know alittle bit

Evo22
11-28-2004, 09:00 PM
we have a couple orders from her so who knows??????

Kim Hanson
11-28-2004, 09:06 PM
I thought it was all about the accident.........( . )( . )........... :(
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72HPIM0503.JPG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-28-2004, 10:14 PM
cuz nobody wants too get shot :220v: I know alittle bit
You mean...."Nobody else" want's to get shot !!!!!
:jawdrop:

Evo22
11-28-2004, 10:15 PM
You mean...."Nobody else" want's to get shot !!!!!
:jawdrop:
lol yea and tied up and beaten up :boxingguy poor vinny

al cole'holic
11-28-2004, 10:30 PM
lol yea and tied up and beaten up :boxingguy poor vinny
...who the hell is vinny, and what exactly do you do Evo that HTM would be putting orders in from you?

framer1
11-29-2004, 05:59 AM
So what's the true story on HTM :confused: Where's Roln(sp) when you need him :D

fourspeednup
11-29-2004, 10:13 AM
So what's the true story on HTM :confused: Where's Roln(sp) when you need him :D
I'll let him know about this thread, he can't view the site from work anymore :rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
11-29-2004, 10:23 AM
I thought it was all about the accident.........( . )( . )........... :(
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/72HPIM0503.JPG
I've still got that sticker on both sides of my trailer. Always good conversation starter. Hard to believe it was 3 years ago already.

NOTALENT
11-29-2004, 10:26 AM
I've still got that sticker on both sides of my trailer. Always good conversation starter. Hard to believe it was 3 years ago already.
what are u guys talking about??? whats the story??

NashvilleBound
11-29-2004, 10:31 AM
what are u guys talking about??? whats the story??
I dont know the whole story so I dont want to quote, but the way I understand it is they were testing a boat with twin blown motors and one siezed going 140+...on Castaic Lake of all places...with NO safety gear on!!!!
4 guys died. Including Leah's(sp?) husband, the owner of HTM. I also heard they were sitting on egg crates to save on weight...making speed passes. CRAZY! The details someone else with correct info will have to post.

uvindex
11-29-2004, 10:33 AM
what are u guys talking about??? whats the story??From SCMA Headings February 2002 issue: "On Friday afternoon, January 11, High Torque Marine (HTM) owner, Steve Coulombe, two HTM employees, Ken Lane and Nelson Brinkman, and HTM customer Chuck Wiseman died on Lake Castaic from injuries sustained during a single boat accident while testing a new 30-foot HTM model."

NashvilleBound
11-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Here's a little clip of the news......
By Amy Raisin
Staff Writer
A Sheriff Deputy looks over one of the engines recoverd along with the boat at Lake Castaic Wednesday. (David Crane / Daily News)
CASTAIC -- The wreckage of the 30-foot speedboat that sank and claimed four lives Jan. 11 was salvaged Wednesday from the depths of Castaic Lake -- the shattered structure and tangle of wires revealing the horror of the high-speed crash.
In a painstaking process, divers raised the vessel from about 250 feet of water in 50-foot increments, securing fresh air bags in five intervals before towing the twin-hull catamaran to the lake's main launch ramp.
The three-hour recovery mission, a joint effort of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, county lifeguards and county parks police, marked the next phase of the investigation, authorities said.
"It's a crime scene until homicide investigators say it's an accident scene. Now it's up to the lead investigators to reconstruct (it)," said sheriff's Deputy Richard Pena. He said the condition of the boat, autopsy reports and witnesses' accounts will help in the reconstruction.
Steve Coulombe, owner and president of the boat design and manufacturing firm High Torque Marine, was testing the twin-engine prototype Jan. 11, reportedly at about 80 mph, when it flipped and sank.
The body of Ken Lane, the La Canada Flintridge man who built the engines, was recovered shortly after the crash. The bodies of Coulombe and friend Chuck Wiseman were recovered from the lake bottom a week after the sinking. The fourth body -- that of Nelson Brinkman, an assistant engine builder for HTM -- was recovered Saturday.
The speed boat in which four people were killed is raised out of the water at Lake Castaic Wednesday. (David Crane / Daily News)
Four divers waited in shallow water while the crew of a lifeguard boat, whipped by strong winds, brought in the wrecked catamaran Wednesday. The bow of the white, blue and yellow craft looked brand new as it was towed from the water, but when the stern emerged, the impact of the crash that killed four friends was apparent. The stern trailed a tangled mass of wiring and cables that stretched about 30 feet, where a gleaming engine sat in a few inches of water.
On the left side of the boat, there were large fractures in the fiberglass and a gaping hole where the port engine, which searchers did not find, had been. The right side of the boat showed less damage.
It took two flatbed tow trucks to haul the wreckage to a yard where investigators will attempt to reconstruct the moments leading up to the deadly crash.
"By the damage -- the entire port-side engine is ripped out -- it looks as though the boat was traveling faster than 35 mph," Pena said. "But that's what the investigators will try and determine."

NOTALENT
11-29-2004, 10:55 AM
wow...I remember hearing about that...Total tragedy..

Infomaniac
11-29-2004, 11:05 AM
The original thread that was going at the time. All the others are still available if you search.
Mr Pumps HTM thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11694&highlight=mrpumps)

11-29-2004, 11:05 AM
Reading that story totaly brings me back to that day.(shivers) :frown:

Goodtime$
11-29-2004, 12:18 PM
Which molds, if any were sold? i know that they have a new 26ft Deckboat that got great reviews in ***boat.

superdave013
11-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Speaking of COLE
The guys building the TR2 don't seem very scared.
http://www.v-driveboat.com/images/gallery/photos/34_000_0703.jpg
Hey Info, there was a few other threads that were deleted. The one from barney's site is one I'm glad is not around any longer.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-29-2004, 05:00 PM
All I heard is that it was a SHADY deal gone bad and Jim Cole got a bullet through the shoulder. Then the bad guys gathered up the employees and took their drivers licenses and told them that if they showed up for work tomorrow they would kill them and their families.....
Well.....That would do it for me !!!!
CJG

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-29-2004, 05:01 PM
So.....
Can anyone confirm the HTM sale to Howard thing ????
CJG
:idea:

dicudmore
11-29-2004, 05:13 PM
So.....
Can anyone confirm the HTM sale to Howard thing ????
CJG
:idea:
I can neither confirm nor deny

LAVEYSABRE575
11-29-2004, 05:15 PM
I just hung up with lea and dorian at HTM i am good friends with both of them and they said its completely untrue that they sold any of there molds they are building 24s,30s and there deck boat there is no plans on selling any of them...setting the record straight ...derek

TOBTEK
11-29-2004, 05:21 PM
I just hung up with lea and dorian at HTM i am good friends with both of them and they said its completely untrue that they sold any of there molds they are building 24s,30s and there deck boat there is no plans on selling any of them...setting the record straight ...derek
THANKS DEREK....now get back to work :p hows life up North?

LAVEYSABRE575
11-29-2004, 05:24 PM
slow over here,and yourself? sorry congrats on the new member of the family....

SHAKEN Not Stirred
11-29-2004, 05:25 PM
Hey....Thanks Derek !!!!!!
Glad to hear that Leah is still in the game.....
CJG

mike37
11-29-2004, 05:34 PM
I emaild them yester day and glad to say got the same respons they are not selling any molds and still doing good business and will keep going

dicudmore
11-29-2004, 05:52 PM
I emaild them yester day and glad to say got the same respons they are not selling any molds and still doing good business and will keep going
good for them, I'm glad to hear it :D

TOBTEK
11-29-2004, 05:59 PM
slow over here,and yourself? sorry congrats on the new member of the family....
Hey thanks on Baby. We were swamped the day before Thanksgiving, but a slow weekend.

OutCole'd
11-29-2004, 06:08 PM
And there you have it. Just the facts.
Thanks.

roln 20s
11-29-2004, 07:34 PM
And there you have it. Just the facts.
Thanks.
Thanks for the voicemail Zack--I'm on it. I have left Mike at Howard a voicemail to get any different information (maybe insider). Just like the post before, I would highly doubt that: A) Lea would sell the HTM molds, especially since they are still in demand and its a business I know she wants to see continue to build, grow and improve B) Mike is one to revamp the entire Howard line and make it what he wants, and what his customers want--hence the 25 and 28 Bullet, and the soon to be 28 Deckboat. He prides himself in tooling bad ass boats--I'll go out on a limb and say that Howard will NEVER aquire a hull from anyone else under the Gene/Mike ownership.
Very interesting topic, crazy how things start so fast and spread. I know I still remember that day as well- reading all of the horrible news, shocked, and beyond disbelief--I wish Lea and HTM the best, ALWAYS.
Roln 20s

Craig
11-30-2004, 03:56 AM
Patrick, who owned the company when they did the 26 cat?