PDA

View Full Version : tom papp tunnels

nitro557
10-04-2001, 05:27 AM
is anyone running a tom papp tunnel and what do you think of the hull,i was looking at warhawk but every pump manufacturer i talk to recomends his hull

lostlake
10-04-2001, 06:47 AM
Hey nitro, I am running a Tomm Papp Tunnel, but with the deck top installed , the bottom is the same, they have 2 different tops to put on.. Look at the pic's under Finally pic's of my EDge under this forum, might be on page 2 or 3 by now...LL

SCOTT
10-04-2001, 06:59 AM
I have seen and raced against them.They are bad ass!This cat coach raced one in the 9:50/9:99 class,beat me in the finals one time.also a cat named rand hugel ran one about 142 mph,him and hearld bruce were the kings of bgj.I have a gullwing and if i were to get another jet it would be one of those.

nitro557
10-04-2001, 07:17 AM
im looking to put my 750hp ford init with 200hp juice and put it to a american turbine sd309 pump, im not looking to race national events just to be fast on the lake every hull maker says they have the best safest product but his name seems to come up in every conversation , i want to run safe

ChetCapoli
10-04-2001, 08:42 AM
hey nitro,
if you get an edge i would put an aggressor pump in it. The guys mentioned above are running aggressor stuff from what i understand.
Chet

JETBOAT BRIAN
10-04-2001, 08:48 AM
I HAVE A TOM PAPP EDGE 21 TUNNEL, BLOWN ROLLER 502 WITH AT 309 PUMP BUILT BY PROBOAT EAST STRICTLY A LAKE CRUISER IT IS THE MOST STABLE WELL BEHAVED TUNNEL I'VE EVER DRIVEN. IT TAKES THE ROUGH WATER VERY WELL,NO RATTLES OR VIBRATION AT ALL,THE GELCOAT IS BEAUTIFUL STILL BOAT IS A 96 MODEL BUILT UP IN 98 I THINK YOU WOULD BE VERY HAPPY WITH THIS TUNNEL

SCOTT
10-04-2001, 09:03 AM
Chet..
Be carefull about aggressor stuff! you need lots of h.p. to run good with there stuff,im talking like 1200 h.p.Ive tryed one of there impellers and lost 2 tenths and 2 mph.I ran it as an A and turned 5800 and cut it in steps till I was turning 6500 and never got the speed back that I had with the berkley impeller.Some of the other racers had the same results.The guys that ran good were blown boats or un blown fuel.
LITTLE DISCLAIMER.In no way am i slamin aggressor.They were always very helpfull.
[This message has been edited by SCOTT (edited October 04, 2001).]

froggystyle
10-04-2001, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
hey nitro,
if you get an edge i would put an aggressor pump in it. The guys mentioned above are running aggressor stuff from what i understand.
Chet
Shocker! LOL

Terrible Buddhist
10-04-2001, 10:19 AM
My Unlce has an Edge 21 ft with a 580 twin turbo making 22lbs of boost. WHAT A RIDE!!! That thing is so stable...in rough water you hit it and it just goes up on top of everything...just a NICE boat. He had an agressor...it sucked. He had more problems with that thing...the quality control is just not there. He went back to a Berkely bowl.

Ghighway
10-04-2001, 10:55 AM
Chet you are about as transparent as cellophane. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/2up.gif So your back to Chet now

jeff-in-ky
10-04-2001, 11:07 AM
I am also running a 21' Edge, it was also built by Tim at Proboat in GA. It is an extremely stable and well built boat. You may want to call him (770-928-1533)as he is also very familiar with Warhawk boats. Tom Papp also builds a 19' Stealth if you want the ultimate go fast ride, just not much room.

Terrible Buddhist
10-04-2001, 11:59 AM
Hey Chet, I heard all the real fast ones like this run
http://www.castlecraft.org/images/boat-menu.jpg Aggressor pumps...in fact they just came out with a new boat especially made for them, so you can't be seen with it http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
http://www.castlecraft.org/images/duckboat-menu.jpg

nitro557
10-04-2001, 12:06 PM
i spoke with tim , thanks for the tip he was very helpful and he said warhawk was a very nice boat and for what im lookin to do as far as a river/lake toy its a dam good boat , thanks everyone for your thoughts

rivercrazy
10-04-2001, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know the difference between the bottom designs on a 21 Eliminator Daytona, The Papp 21' Edge and Placecrafts 22' tunnel?
Will each one run just as well with a jet?

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
10-04-2001, 01:06 PM
GGGOOOOODDDDDAAAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!! CHETSBACK!!!!!!!!! Hey Chet what is it with you and aggressor? I like there stuff and can't wait to get my hands on the new DUAL impeller pump but damn dude give it a rest. You MUST be suckin someone's dick over there. Take the dick OUT of your throat dude, it's cutting off the oxygen to your brain. IAM JUST JIVIN WITHYA DUDE!!!!!! Lighten up CHESTER!

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
10-04-2001, 01:09 PM
Hey Jeff in KY...UHHHHHHHH... is that KY as in JELLY? or Kentucky? LOL!!!!!!!!
[This message has been edited by BLOWNDRAGBOAT (edited October 04, 2001).]

jetboatjake
10-04-2001, 01:54 PM
Hey I have a 1999 21 edge that I may want to sell to a good home. 540 cu in,B&M blown chevy. If you are interested E-me at rbrtrucking@aol.com I can send pics and details.

ChetCapoli
10-04-2001, 05:04 PM
Hey BDB,
Do you have something you want to say here??? All i did was mention something about aggressor and it's like i stuck my head in a beehive..geesh. Your the one on the loudspeaker about aggressor's new dual pump setup right and your a dealer for them right?
Why are you pickin on me with the "no comments" "suckin @#$$" stuff? I dont get it....I'm on your side bud...if you remember i like their stuff. These folks are slammin the stuff you sell so why not pick on the them and the other "cheerleaders" on here instead with all their billboards and pictures???
BTW, ghighway and TB
Do you always slam somebody you dont know? You lost me here...What's the deal? If you have something you want to say to me i'm all ears. seeya.
Chet

ChetCapoli
10-04-2001, 05:08 PM
hey scott,
what kind of boat do you have with what kind of power?
thanks
chet

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
10-04-2001, 05:44 PM
First off CHET...You need to learn how to read. ESPECIALLY THE LAST SENTENCE. You know,The one where I said I WAS JUST JIVIN WITH YA. Learn how to take a joke dude. Secondly, I damn sure don't see anyone in here slammin me for anything. As I said before LIGHTEN UP DUDE. You don't see Kevin from KY getting attitude cause I cracked on him do ya? He probably knows how to laugh at something funny. Lastly, as far as the aggressor dual drive pump goes, I am simply informing my fellow jetters on the latest news on a long overdue concept. It just so happens that it's made by YOUR favorite company. I am inpartial. They as well as every other company out there, has it's good points and it's bad. To all by REAL bud's out there in cyberworld....WWAAAZZZZZZUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

ChetCapoli
10-04-2001, 07:21 PM
i'm with ya if your jokin..no problem, just seemed to be more to it cuz you pointed my direction more than once and you never answered the last couple questions that i asked ya..so how would you take it? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
seeya

SCOTT
10-05-2001, 06:39 AM
CHET.....
CALIFORNIA PERFOFMANCE 18' SPRINT 325 LBS.750 HP.Aggressor stuff didnt work for me.

Terrible Buddhist
10-05-2001, 07:27 AM
Am I slamming you Chet? ummmm...ya I guess I am. It seems every time you post it has something to do with those crappy pumps. Only this time, rather than hang your stick out to be chopped, you said 'I hear thats what all the fast boats are running' Come on...all the fast boats tried them, got marginal to no performance gains from them and picked up a bunch of headaches on the way. If I constantly came on here and told everyone how great it would be to put a Yugo engine in their boat because they were so light and you would get great performance gains out of them...I would get slammed too...more to the point I would expect it and not start to cry about it. MAYBE and this is a BIG MAYBE Agressor has gotten their stuff together on this new pumps and it won't be the dissapointment the first generation was.

Blown509Liberator
10-05-2001, 07:59 AM
I looked long and hard at the 21' Phantom back in 1998 I was ready to put money down but could not work up a Delivery deal here in Chiocago or a half way point. I have seen a few out here nice boats. One thing that scared me was he out sources his glass work ( from what I was told) and that could have affected Quality. I looked at 4 tunnel hulls Daytona, Cougar, Edge and Liberator. The bottoms of the Daytona and liberator are the same and the center sponson has the radius bump in it that is need to load the pump. The cougar did not. I am not sure what the Edge bottom looks like. As for the Liberator I am some what happy with it. The Glass work and Gel is very good. I bought the boat with no motor or pump. Liberator did set my intake. I was not happy with the interior and the gauge wiring was real bad. But all in all the Boat is well built and it has more freaboard than the Daytona (read more weight. As for a tunnel hulls ride you just can not beat it, faster it runs the better it rides. I will never go back to a v hull again.
MikeW

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
10-05-2001, 09:47 AM
HEY T.B. WAAAAAZZZZZZUPPPPP!!!!!!!! Anymore prospects on the boat? Go check out the boat in the pictures thread. The one called UNCHAINED is for sale. I am thinking about buying it from the guy. He emailed me yesterday and offered it forsale. Its a great deal from what I can tell. I requested more pics but haven't seen any as of yet. Email me for the asking price. I don't want to publicise his business. Talk to ya soon.

Terrible Buddhist
10-05-2001, 12:09 PM
I must say that is an impressive boat...not much my taste though...I like a little more versitle boat...I LOVE to Waterski! That boat looks like it would be fun for tubers though http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
The boat is coming along..I finally got some money from the insurance company after the moving company destroyed it. It will remain a twin turbo 468 for a couple years...I am building the 580 over time, but I think I have decided to go Fuel Injected. I will post some more pictures when I get back from vacation...I am going on a cruise tonight on a BIG boat...Royal Caribbeans Explorer of the Seas...there are benefits to working for a travel agency.

ChetCapoli
10-05-2001, 08:27 PM
Hey scott,
Who sets up your boat or do you work on it yourself and what kind of speed are you running?
thanks--chet
Hey TB,
Seems like you've had a real bad experience with those "crappy" pumps. What is so crappy about them?? Notice that 2001 daytona of GS has that crappy stuff in it?? Maybe that's why it's already been traded in and for sale again?? Guess 40K for "state of the art" everything is overrated eh??? What do you think is in his head when he builds those boats for himself???Any ideas there bud??
BTW, I've havent had any problems.....(lucky?) maybe that's why i'm so puzzled with it all and with your attitude. Then again maybe 80 is slow in a v bottom with a BAD hook and nobody has the heart to tell me it's the aggressor junk. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif I see your on my side of town so maybe when my boats' done i'll pay you a visit and you can show me your "good" stuff and give me a good whoopin! I'm always up for a whoopin, its' how your learn! I'll even bring the donuts. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
You seem to be pretty amazed i'm so happy with their stuff like i'm out of my mind...why is that so hard to believe??
Let me know if you would
Thanks--chet

1000mhz
10-05-2001, 09:55 PM
Hey Chet stop crying after you get slammed. Its a F'n forum, take it like a man!
http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/cwm/3dlil/nonono2.gif
http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/cwm/3dlil/cry.gif

SCOTT
10-06-2001, 07:22 AM
Chet....
I do all my own work,I do pumps for side money.I build my own motors and friend's motors.I make any custom parts I need as I am a machinest and have a lathe and mill in my gorage and a cnc mill at work if I need some fancy shit.My boat runs 9:80's 102mph and is a pump gas ski boat.
Chet,if you dont race you wouldnt know if the aggressor stuff slowed you down,you cant feel a couple tenths!
Im admiting to 9:80....but im puting together a bigger motor/high compression.I expect it to run a little better than that.I need to go to castaic,I keep hearin' bout this cat Willis! [/B][/QUOTE]
[This message has been edited by SCOTT (edited October 06, 2001).]

ChetCapoli
10-06-2001, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1000mhz:
[B]Hey Chet stop crying after you get slammed. Its a F'n forum, take it like a man!
Hey 1000,
Ok MR. "adm sucks" wa wa wa, i got #%$@ed by adm, everyone feel sorry for me. Me wine??? At least i got some cheese here to enjoy mine pal! Why not get the whole story that was started back 6 months ago before you start in with me ok?
BTW, Scott
i step aside here...another do it yourselfer like myself, hats off to you. Still puzzles me with that kind of power not being able to make aggressor shit run. I notice on the other forum there the guy who owns hi-tech performance runs nothing but on his own boat and goes 108 in a 23' daytona like tunnel on pump gas. As for mine.. i'll just have to wait and see.
good luck to you
Chet

Ghighway
10-06-2001, 08:54 PM
HEY CHET!!!!!!! COME UP FOR AIR!!!!!! Your posts at this point are getting stale. You have stated your opnion over and over on those pumps and if I owned that company I would hire a hit man to shut you the f^%&k up! You are single handedly ruining their reputation by having a bone head such as yourself acting as a spokesperson. I understand you have reciently had your multi personalities exposed by the board adm. but flipping names doesn't hide the stink of your posts. Just try and I'll bet you might be capable of posting something worthwhile
Ghighway