PDA

View Full Version : Hands Down Best Head Unit Enclosure

flat broke
11-29-2004, 12:58 PM
I have to give a huge shout out to Franky here on the boards for putting out what I feel is hands down, the best head unit enclosure/mounting system available.
The deal is super rigid and is beaucoup stylish to boot.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3583DSCN3048-med.JPG
It has a pretty much water tight o-ring sealed front plate that easily removes to gain access to the unit. The tinting on the cover still allowed my factory remote to work just fine.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3583DSCN3047-med.JPG
This pic shows it without the cover. The head unit mount/enclosure itself is just the center most piece. I fabbed up the bezel to cover the hole from the old flip down deal I used to have.
The thing I loved the most about this moutning system is that the head unit bolts directly to the side mounting plates so it is a zero flex install. Very strong and doesn't vibrate AT ALL.
I can't see why these haven't shown up as factory rigging options with the high end guys like DCB and the like. Anyhow, Thanks Franky for putting out a bitchen product that works great and looks bitchen. FYI he can do em in tons of colors etc. Hit him up for more info.
Thanks,
Chris

phebus
11-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Where do we get more info? What is Franky's screenname? Looks good.

flat broke
11-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Screen Name is Franky.
Company is Ventura Speed and Marine in LHC.
Chris

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 01:52 PM
What is the cost of one of those..

HP350SC
12-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm interested as well. Looks similar to CP's billet mount which is $150. Would be real nice if somebody made one for XM control head too. :cool:

franky
12-14-2004, 07:17 AM
If you are interested, PM me. I make the ones in the CP catalog. Will send it out, you pay. If you don't like, send it back, but you will like it though, it is a nice piece if I say so myself. The big difference is that it MOUNTS THE HEAD UNIT SOLID, NO MOVEMENT!. This is not just a cover, plus no hinges to break.

franky
12-26-2004, 05:58 PM
HP350
Are you talking about the little Delphi XM add on face thing?
Frank