PDA

View Full Version : Froggystyle, pop the cherry yet?

phebus
11-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Froggy, first boat out of the mold yet? Updates please :shift:

welk2party
11-29-2004, 05:24 PM
Yes please.

Phat Matt
11-29-2004, 05:28 PM
I saw the video of the process this weekend. It's pretty slick to see the vaccuum suck in all the resin!

HCS
11-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Subscribe to the site. You'll get all the updates. ;)

phebus
11-29-2004, 05:31 PM
I'm subscribed, but I haven't seen a boat out of the mold yet. I know it went in......updates :hammer2:

Froggystyle
11-29-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the interest guys...
I will give you a quick "pre-update". The infusion went awesome, and I spent today prepping the new fuel tank for installation. On that note, I have a killer fuel tank company here in San Diego if anyone needs one....
Once the 125 gallon tank is installed, we will pop both halves and join them at the parting line. We can't do that until the tank is in though, as it is covered by the deck mold.
So, we will all see what the boat looks like late this week. It is already basically released all around on the mold, so we are very optimistic.
More this week. Update will go out in the next couple of days.
Thanks again,
Wes

HCS
11-29-2004, 05:36 PM
Can't wait to see!

phebus
11-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Thanks Wes, been following your project from the beginning, and it's getting real exciting now.

dicudmore
11-29-2004, 05:51 PM
COOL WES :D
Looking forward to it :cool:

Sane Asylum
11-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the interest guys...
I will give you a quick "pre-update". The infusion went awesome, and I spent today prepping the new fuel tank for installation. On that note, I have a killer fuel tank company here in San Diego if anyone needs one....
Once the 125 gallon tank is installed, we will pop both halves and join them at the parting line. We can't do that until the tank is in though, as it is covered by the deck mold.
So, we will all see what the boat looks like late this week. It is already basically released all around on the mold, so we are very optimistic.
More this week. Update will go out in the next couple of days.
Thanks again,
Wes
Gotney great pics oh great sucker of resin???????????

Tom Brown
11-29-2004, 07:56 PM
The birth of a dream. We're at 4 centimeters. :cool:

BoatFloating
11-29-2004, 08:39 PM
Wes
Wes, so what happens if you need to get at tank or god forbid replace it can you get to it?

OutCole'd
11-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Wes, so what happens if you need to get at tank or god forbid replace it can you get to it?
I would think your screwed. That's how my Magic is also. The tanks are the first thing going in.

WetWillie
11-29-2004, 09:28 PM
Common brother I figured you knew that!

HCS
11-29-2004, 09:34 PM
The birth of a dream. We're at 4 centimeters. :cool:
We're!!!!!!! :supp: That's not somewhere you want to be. :messedup:

BoatFloating
11-30-2004, 08:25 AM
Common brother I figured you knew that!
BF repair kit... :supp:

Froggystyle
11-30-2004, 09:37 AM
This is a serious dilemma for the build team. We know that the fuel tank will not last forever, but we have given it every shot at doing just that. For one, it is made of 5/16" aluminum, which is seriously thick. Second, the entire underside is bent, not welded which makes a better more durable seam. Third, there is no foam bedding it, which is the nemesis of all fuel tanks,
(and a terrible way to bed them for that matter as it holds water).
While designing the deck layout, we "de-cored" a cutout section around the fuel tank that will allow you to do a repair with only minimal impact to the strength of the boat. In addition, we used a solid, commercially available gelcoat color on the floor there, and put most of the seams underneath our floormats to hide any repairs. Lastly, the tank bolts in, so you don't have to worry about ruining your boat to get out the tank.
A tank going bad is a bad deal. It can happen, so we did everything we could to minimize what the damage would be if it did. With proper and regular freshwater use, it should go the distance. Plus, we put a 1/2" pickup line in it to allow for extremely high performance use. Baffles, etc...
This is a good tank. There should be no dramas. We also have a stainless tank available for the saltwater versions.
Anyway, there is an update going out this week with a bunch of pics of the infusion, plus we are trying to sort out a quick video of the process for everyone.
If anyone is having problems getting the updates, go ahead and re-register today or tomorrow to ensure you get it.
Squirts up!!!!
Wes

topless
11-30-2004, 11:03 AM
Are you going to have tee shirts? :cry:

BoatFloating
11-30-2004, 11:21 AM
Good info Wes. How much saltwater use would constitute
a stainlees tank???

Unforgiven
11-30-2004, 11:52 AM
he builds boats not tee shirts...get to work and make me money!!!

Tom Brown
11-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Ironic, coming from you. :D
Trident t-shirts :) (http://www.tridentboats.com/store/categoryPages/shirts.cfm?itemid=8&categoryID=2)