PDA

View Full Version : "Jay and Silent Bob" (Silent Bob aka Kevin Smith)

FMluvswater
11-30-2004, 04:36 AM
I'm such a junkie for these movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back). I haven't seen Jersey Girl yet cuz I can't quite wrap my mind around a Kevin Smith flick without J & SB in it ... but I'll eventually have to take the chance cuz it's Kevin Smith so it can't completely suck (Kevin Smith is a comedic genius IMO. :cool: ) .
Anyone else like his movies? What's your favorite one? Which is worst one? Favorite scene/monologue/line?
My favorite K.S. flick so far is Clerks (the one what started it all) but I don't have a contender for worst cuz the rest are all tied for one and a halfth place! :D
My favorite Clerks scene is the one of Dante and Randall in the car. :D LMAO just thinking about it! BTW - I can't stand Dante! :rolleyes: Give him some cheese already! :D

Bad2DBone
11-30-2004, 05:43 AM
I have yet to see any of his movies. :( But I did see part of one over the holiday weekend. Not sure which one it was but Jay and SB were in a fast food place getting food and some extremely gorgeous gal, think it was Shannon Elizabeth, and Jay starts day dreaming and what not then the hitch a ride with her and her friends who are all going to some save the animal rally or something.
I only saw about 10 minutes but it looked hilarious. :notam:

Racer277
11-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
It simply makes me laugh.
Oh yeah, and the girls in the leather outfits :)

MikeF
11-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Cute naked chicks just don't fall out of the sky!? :cool:

Jetdriver
11-30-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm such a junkie for these movies (Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back). I haven't seen Jersey Girl yet cuz I can't quite wrap my mind around a Kevin Smith flick without J & SB in it ... but I'll eventually have to take the chance cuz it's Kevin Smith so it can't completely suck (Kevin Smith is a comedic genius IMO. :cool: ) .
Anyone else like his movies? What's your favorite one? Which is worst one? Favorite scene/monologue/line?
My favorite K.S. flick so far is Clerks (the one what started it all) but I don't have a contender for worst cuz the rest are all tied for one and a halfth place! :D
My favorite Clerks scene is the one of Dante and Randall in the car. :D LMAO just thinking about it! BTW - I can't stand Dante! :rolleyes: Give him some cheese already! :D
Jersey girl was IMO really a good movie. It may be lacking the traditional Jay and Silent Bob, but it makes up for it with a really good performance by George Carlin! My fav. is still Chasing Amy!

Drunk tank
11-30-2004, 06:52 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! I wonder who else knows where that came from :D

RiverDave
11-30-2004, 10:27 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! I wonder who else knows where that came from :D
I know.. ;)
My favorite one was Clerks by far and away.. The 2nd place was Chasing Amy all the rest follow there after.
RD

FMluvswater
11-30-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm sure the quote is "Beautiful, naked, big-titted women just don't fall out of the sky." :D Gotta love Jay! :D (Told you I'm a junkie, lol.)
Bad2DBone you'll enjoy Strike Back even more if you watch the other ones first! The inside jokes just kill! :D
Racer77 - The leather suits were no big deal to me but that chick that played Faith on Buffy The Vampire Slayer was one of the ones wearing one and that was a big deal to me. She's awesome! :cool:
JetDriver - Thanks for the Jersey Girl review makes me a lot less reluctant to see it now. George Carlin eh? PARTY RECORDS! :cool:
Chasing Amy my fave line is "What you don't know about me I can just about squeeze into the Grand fuc king Canyon."
RiverDave - "Bunch of savages in this town." :D Damn, Clerks really was brilliant! :cool:
I think I'm gonna have to watch them all again this week. :)

Hallett19
11-30-2004, 01:39 PM
I have a picture with Kevin Smith at the playboy mansion with his famous confused look with his hands out, he is a really nice guy and very sharp.

FMluvswater
11-30-2004, 01:48 PM
I have a picture with Kevin Smith at the playboy mansion with his famous confused look with his hands out, he is a really nice guy and very sharp.
I watched most of "An Evening With Kevin Smith". It was him standing on a stage at a podium at a couple of college campuses talking about his work, behind the scenes goings on during the creative/casting processes and about the characters in his movies. He came across just as you've described. He seemed like a cool person. :)

eKolbe
11-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Jay and Silent Bob stike back is my favorite. Lot of great moments in the movie. Will Farrell was hilarious, his best role. Plus all the inside digs on the internet, Affleck & Damon bagging each other's movies...etc...
"Remember, folks... stimulation of the C.L.I.T is not recommended"
"****bean that was them wasn't it"
Jersey Girl, was ok. The beginning is slow. There's absolutely no chemistry between J'lo and Ben on the film. But once, she's gone (dare I say it) Ben showed some good acting skills, his best ever. I know my wife cried a time or two during the movie.

Racer277
11-30-2004, 02:31 PM
Racer77 - The leather suits were no big deal to me but that chick that played Faith on Buffy The Vampire Slayer was one of the ones wearing one and that was a big deal to me. She's awesome! :cool:
:)
Eliza Dushku :cool:
The oldest chick (Missy) of the four is Kevin Smith's wife. :mix:
"See, here's the pulse. And this is your finger, far away from the pulse, jammed straight up your ass. Say, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel? "

FMluvswater
11-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Jay and Silent Bob stike back is my favorite. Lot of great moments in the movie. Will Farrell was hilarious, his best role. Plus all the inside digs on the internet, Affleck & Damon bagging each other's movies...etc...
"Remember, folks... stimulation of the C.L.I.T is not recommended"
"****bean that was them wasn't it"
Jersey Girl, was ok. The beginning is slow. There's absolutely no chemistry between J'lo and Ben on the film. But once, she's gone (dare I say it) Ben showed some good acting skills, his best ever. I know my wife cried a time or two during the movie.
I'm just curious if you or anyone else would enjoy Strike Back so well if you hadn't seen the other movies (best guess) ? :idea:
I watched them out of order. I saw Chasing Amy first, then Clerks, Mallrats, Dogma, and Strike Back. After watching Clerks and Mallrats I rewatched Chasing Amy and picked up a lot more of the humor and ironies I'd missed previously. By the time I watched Strike Back I'd watched the other 4 movies several times and I nearly choked on my popcorn in the theatre from laughing so hard!
"A Jay and Silent Bob movie? Feature length? Who'd pay to see that?" :D That damn near killed me!
Oh good another Jersey Girl review - thank-you. :cool: Maybe I'll go to the vid store today. :)

Racer277
11-30-2004, 02:53 PM
I watched J and S strike Back first. Made me laugh enough to watch the others (I wouldn't have otherwise). Then watched J and S again and it became classic.
I couldn't have stood Dogma if it wasn't for the others, but they are all good when in order.
Just my .02
:D :D

FMluvswater
11-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Eliza Dushku :cool:
The oldest chick (Missy) of the four is Kevin Smith's wife. :mix:
"See, here's the pulse. And this is your finger, far away from the pulse, jammed straight up your ass. Say, would you like a chocolate covered pretzel? "
Yeah that's her! She had her own show on Fox for a while but it's been cancelled already. Tru Calling. I liked it. Hope she gets another good role soon. :cool:
Yeah he talked a bit about how he and his wife got together ... he spoke very mm how should I say this .... candidly? :D I was LMAO at the anecdotes he shared. :D
:supp: Okay I admit it you stumped me ... there was a chocolate covered pretzel bit in Mallrats and a reference to it in one of the others and I don't know which one that quote is from :redface: I'm gonna have to look it up. :cry: I'm a disgrace to the term junkie. :o

Racer277
11-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Brodie is surprised they don't know there is a movie being made based on their lives.
They don't have their fingers on 'the pulse' of what's going on.
But the other references are why he really is a good writer. Everything somehow ties together. Really fun! :rollside:

FMluvswater
11-30-2004, 03:05 PM
I watched J and S strike Back first. Made me laugh enough to watch the others (I wouldn't have otherwise). Then watched J and S again and it became classic.
I couldn't have stood Dogma if it wasn't for the others, but they are all good when in order.
Just my .02
:D :D
Strike Back is definitely a classic - gots nostalgia bits from all the other movies! :D Cool to know it works even as a stand alone, though. :cool:
Dogma was pretty dark compared to the others and I appreciate dark humor. :cool:

FMluvswater
11-30-2004, 03:18 PM
Brodie is surprised they don't know there is a movie being made based on their lives.
They don't have their fingers on 'the pulse' of what's going on.
But the other references are why he really is a good writer. Everything somehow ties together. Really fun! :rollside:
Okay I looked it up and it all came back to me! :D I've got all 5 on my puter ... marathon time soon. :D
Kevin Smith is a genius; truly gifted! :cool: He writes gold!

eKolbe
11-30-2004, 03:26 PM
IMHO, to get the most out of it you definitely have to see some of the others first. Otherwise it’s just to over the top. I initially saw it in the theatres with people that weren’t familiar with the genre or Kevin Smith and they just didn’t get as much out of it as I did. When we left I had to explain the Good will hunting connection, jay and silent bob relationship etc… and Jay’s Trailer Park vulgarity is just to much for some if they aren’t built up to it. They lose the humor in it and just relate it to being obscene.
It’s one of my favorite movies, that seems to be in a rare movie that gets better with time. I rewatch it, and all the Damon, Affleck and Jason Bigg’s digs are even truer today. Plus Will Farrell was unknown at the time. Now watching him it is classic work.
Jay and Silent Bob Stike Back along with Super Troopers are by far the funniest movies in the last 10 years to me. I may have to go rent them again. :D

totenhosen
11-30-2004, 04:15 PM
It's all about Mallrats and than Chasing Amy in a close second.

InKahntrol
11-30-2004, 04:57 PM
I rank Mallrats first and Chasing Amy second. Next time you're down in the so-cal area, you should check out Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash. Its in Westwood near UCLA, and I go in there at least once a week. Kevin owns two of these comic book stores, one in NJ and one in CA. Both are STOCKED with memorbilia from all of his movies, including the Bluntman & Chronic outfits, Silent Bob's Batman helmet from Mallrats, the Bongsaber, the Cockknocker outfit, Liv tyler's underwear from Jersey Girl, and lots of stuff from Dogma. Also, Jason Mewes (the actor who plays Jay) is sort of the defacto manager of the store, so he's in there at least three or four times a week. Plus, they have free video games (zelda, mario, mortal combat). As you can tell, I'm a fan.
Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?

Racer277
11-30-2004, 06:42 PM
I rank Mallrats first and Chasing Amy second. Next time you're down in the so-cal area, you should check out Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash. Its in Westwood near UCLA, and I go in there at least once a week. Kevin owns two of these comic book stores, one in NJ and one in CA. Both are STOCKED with memorbilia from all of his movies, including the Bluntman & Chronic outfits, Silent Bob's Batman helmet from Mallrats, the Bongsaber, the Cockknocker outfit, Liv tyler's underwear from Jersey Girl, and lots of stuff from Dogma. Also, Jason Mewes (the actor who plays Jay) is sort of the defacto manager of the store, so he's in there at least three or four times a week. Plus, they have free video games (zelda, mario, mortal combat). As you can tell, I'm a fan.
Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?
That's the best info I've gotten off the boards all day!
Thanks IK, I'll be there!

CrazyHippy
11-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Dogma was my 1st.. and still my favorite.
The buddy christ just sealed the deal. George Carlin was hilarious :D
BJH

Debbolas
11-30-2004, 10:02 PM
He said it!!
Dogma is the best film, way to funny....Buddy Christ, Chris Rock falling out of the sky, the angel and the tequila....lol :rollside: Alanis Morset as God, excellent choice :)
I LOVE that film!!