PDA

View Full Version : I Slept With The Enemy

Flying Tiger
11-30-2004, 04:40 AM
I've dated a few local girls, one being Lawyer and activist with the Sierra Club.
I feel educate, don't hate gained from other peoples examples that are active in keeping waterways and offroading places open.
I'll get back to that.
If you read political active offroading forums (ASA CORVA Friends of Oceano Dunes),, the Sierra Club and other environmental groups members are invited into discussions in an attempt to appeal to reason.
You will come away from these discussions understanding that these environmentalists won't appeal to reason,, and really do rely on lies.
I invited their lawyer, Barbara, out to the dunes on a recent trip to see & meet the people that she is trying to control.
Barbara wanted to know when everyone starts burning tires and crankcases?
I asked her where the hell did she hear that?
Interesting, Barbara showed up with her 2 stroke Suzuki quad,, and we rode to Comp Hill.
Comp hill at Dumont is almost fraternal. A very friendly, family gathering place. Everyone was wonderful to her. Many people engaging and showing her we're not the monsters the leaders of extreme environmental groups make us out to be.
Campsites neat and tidy, most people picking up after themselves, many expressing concern over fees and closures. 99% + of areas that were open just 20 years ago are now closed. Just a few small areas are left,, and the extremists want that closed too.
But Barbara is stuck in her ways, like the rest of them. But she did admit it was an eye opener as to how passionate us duners are, and what a fun sport it is.
Neither of us came away changing each others minds though.. except I will no longer date Barbara.
My resolve to fight against closures is even stronger.

Blown 472
11-30-2004, 05:56 AM
Did you aleast hate f uck her??

MagicMtnDan
11-30-2004, 06:21 AM
I've dated a few local girls, one being Lawyer and activist with the Sierra Club.
I feel educate, don't hate gained from other peoples examples that are active in keeping waterways and offroading places open.
I'll get back to that.
If you read political active offroading forums (ASA CORVA Friends of Oceano Dunes),, the Sierra Club and other environmental groups members are invited into discussions in an attempt to appeal to reason.
You will come away from these discussions understanding that these environmentalists won't appeal to reason,, and really do rely on lies.
I invited their lawyer, Barbara, out to the dunes on a recent trip to see & meet the people that she is trying to control.
Barbara wanted to know when everyone starts burning tires and crankcases?
I asked her where the hell did she hear that?
Interesting, Barbara showed up with her 2 stroke Suzuki quad,, and we rode to Comp Hill.
Comp hill at Dumont is almost fraternal. A very friendly, family gathering place. Everyone was wonderful to her. Many people engaging and showing her we're not the monsters the leaders of extreme environmental groups make us out to be.
Campsites neat and tidy, most people picking up after themselves, many expressing consern over fees and closures. 99% of areas that were open just 20 years ago are now closed. Just a few small areas are left,, and the extremists want that closed too.
But Barbara is stuck in her ways, like the rest of them. But she did admit it was an eye opener as to how passionate us duners are, and what a fun sport it is.
Neither of us came away changing each others minds though.. except I will no longer date Barbara.
My resolve to fight against closures is even stronger.
It's great that you made the effort to show these blockheads what their rules and laws do and who they affect. Of course you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
They're set in their thinking and their ways and no amount of reason and truth will make them see the light. Even if the facts stare them in the face for a full weekend out in the dunes, they just don't get it.
When they ban all vehicles from Death Valley (for example) how many people do they think will walk around DV to explore it? Their actions keep those who love these places out - very few who want to explore these remote areas by vehicle will go there and walk.
Thanks for trying and for sharing the truth with another environmentalist who'd rather keep those who love these places out so that no one can enjoy them.
PS: Blown, go take your meds instead of posting your insulting, repulsive, ignorant, hateful stuff.

Blown 472
11-30-2004, 06:27 AM
It's great that you made the effort to show these blockheads what their rules and laws do and who they affect. Of course you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
They're set in their thinking and their ways and no amount of reason and truth will make them see the light. Even if the facts stare them in the face for a full weekend out in the dunes, they just don't get it.
When they ban all vehicles from Death Valley (for example) how many people do they think will walk around DV to explore it? Their actions keep those who love these places out - very few who want to explore these remote areas by vehicle will go there and walk.
Thanks for trying and for sharing the truth with another environmentalist who'd rather keep those who love these places out so that no one can enjoy them.
PS: Blown, go take your meds instead of posting your insulting, repulsive, ignorant, hateful stuff.
It was a joke, jesus you need to get laid.
Flying Tiger what you need to do is fight them and the only way you are going to do that is get to the people that make the laws ie greasy politians. You need a lobbiest and collect money as the law makers only understand money and votes, perhaps a petition that everyone signs or everyone kicks money and the lobbiest talks to the law maker and makes his point via the cash.

CAHotRodBoy
12-01-2004, 06:35 PM
I've found that most of these so called "environmentalists" live in the city and never get out to the places they are trying to protect. You are right, they just listen to and believe the BS they are fed. I'd like to take them and drop them into the middle of the areas they they say they are so pationate about and see how long they can survive.
I hope you at least got the chance to do Barbara. At least that way when you see one of the "F*ck the Sierra Club" stickers you can say "I did"!!! :D :D :D

ssanddemon
12-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Being a Sanddemon, I spend a truly massive amount of time in the dunes on my quad and bike. Thankfully here in OR there have been enough cool heads who are content to make strict laws regarding drinking, curfews and trash removal. The riding clubs have regular clean ups of the camping areas and do a good job of policing the dunes in their own right by intimidating the young punks when they get too far out of control. It used to be a pain in the butt to be a good citizen when riding and I felt constrained by the rules, but now that I am an old man of 34 I can really appreciate the areas we have left and go out of my way to leave a good impression. It seems real shame that those who are so truly ignorant could have any effect on dune usage there in CA. We do have some areas here that have been set aside for hiking, animals and etc. The funny thing is that they are totally unused! You will never see hiker scaling a dune, priod. It is just no fun. I guess they may like to hike to the edge of the sand and look out, but I doubt it. More likely, it is just a power trip for the environmentalists. As for the critters, they don't spend much time on the sand, either. For them, it is a foreign landscape, with neither food or cover. -Though in the forest area where I ride a lot it fairly teems with deer and elk. We seem them regularly, and they have no fear of dirtbikes whatsoever. Just like most organisms, forest creatures learn not to fear that which hasn't harmed them in the past. Which is, conversely, why my hackles raise and fangs come out when I see an environmentalist.

LVjetboy
12-02-2004, 03:42 AM
"It was a joke, jesus you need to get laid."
By Jane Fonda's illegitimate daughter...Barbara.
:)

Blown 472
12-02-2004, 03:47 AM
"It was a joke, jesus you need to get laid."
By Jane Fonda's illegitimate daughter...Barbara.
:)
Huh?

JustMVG
12-02-2004, 05:53 AM
And sadly alot of the money that is donated to these Enviro groups is from folks who would never go to the places anyway, and they donate because of the lies spewed to them from the groups, oh well such is life.
MikeVG

Seadog
12-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Most of these groups do not want to come to agreements or find room for compromise. They are raking in huge cash to fund a fight. No fight, no cash. Look at Bill Clinton whenever a tax bill came up. No matter how close both sides were, he was always out there vowing not to let the Republicans destroy everything. Then you would hear about a democrat fund raiser to continue the battle.
The same with the environmentalists. Compromise costs them donations. Even if your cause wins, the funding dries up. So then you have to find a new or more extreme cause. It is the best of schemes, get on the bandwagon for a 'noble cause' and get rich. The modern snake oil evangelists.