PDA

View Full Version : Spy Photo of 2007 Ford "Suburban Fighter"

MagicMtnDan
11-30-2004, 07:09 AM
Everest? Expedition Max? We've heard it called several things, but here is the first picture of Ford's extended Expedition.
Longer? You bet. The stretched Expedition is potentially as much as 16 inches longer than the standard model.
The Expedition will be redone for the 2007 model year, and it will once again be riding on a modified F-150 platform. In addition to the standard model, there will be this Suburban/Yukon XL-sized Expedition.
This test vehicle is likely powered by a V-6 diesel, but an optional 6.2-liter V-8 - referred to as the Hurricane - may follow for the 2008 or 2009 model year.
http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/8700_image.jpg

GHTRIM
11-30-2004, 07:11 AM
Nice, But its still a Ford :D

ahhell
11-30-2004, 07:11 AM
I love a car dressed in leather
or is it too ugly to go out in public without a mask......... :rolleyes:

WUTWZAT
11-30-2004, 07:57 AM
Is that the fashionista model with the optional BDSM interior package complete with handcuffs and whip? I knew Ford was always looking for a niche market, maybe they are trying to get people preparred for when it goes in for service.
Jason :hammer2:

RiverOtter
11-30-2004, 08:58 AM
Since I don't have to worry about rep points anymore... :D Why does Ford continually underpower their vehicles?? V6 diesel??? :rolleyes: Come On! Maybe it's a hybrid or something. If the 6.2 is the diesel that'd be good.

Brewzed
11-30-2004, 09:50 AM
That's funny, I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

little rowe boat
11-30-2004, 09:57 AM
Ford always ahead of the game and building them better than anyone else.

little rowe boat
11-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Since I don't have to worry about rep points anymore... :D Why does Ford continually underpower their vehicles?? V6 diesel??? :rolleyes: Come On! Maybe it's a hybrid or something. If the 6.2 is the diesel that'd be good.
The V6 diesel will still out tow the duramax.

NOTALENT
11-30-2004, 10:02 AM
Ford always ahead of the game and building them better than anyone else.
wow..dont take this to the head or anything...but u Ford Lover's are STUCK ON STUPID!!! :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
11-30-2004, 10:04 AM
:lightsabe :boxingguy

RandyH
11-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Its going to get interesting for sure. Should be fun seeing them try to meet the new fuel mileage standards. I heard GM is working on the variable timing again like the old Northstar motors. Power will be hard to find. Better order my new XL now I guess.
RandyH

RiverOtter
11-30-2004, 10:14 AM
The V6 diesel will still out tow the duramax.
Since I still have a Burb I don't have a diesel. In fact I am some what of a "Diesel Tard" But how can a V6 diesel out tow/perform a V8 Durmax or a V8 Powerstroke :confused: ?? When or should I say If GM ever puts a diesel in the Burb I'll be the 1st in line at the dealership to buy one.

FastTimmy
11-30-2004, 10:19 AM
Maybe someone will make a lift kit for it :D

prosthogod
11-30-2004, 10:29 AM
I own an Excursion and a suburban(wife), so why doesn't Ford look at the demand for the excursion and keep building it. And of course build a bigger expedition with a full sized diesel.

RiverOtter
11-30-2004, 11:44 AM
I own an Excursion and a suburban(wife), so why doesn't Ford look at the demand for the excursion and keep building it. And of course build a bigger expedition with a full sized diesel.
I think the lack of demand it just the point. Most of these big SUV's including mine are driven by moms hauling kids around. I haven't ever seen anything writen down but I just bet Burb's and Yukon XL's sell circles around Excursions. I personally would love to have an Excursion just to get the diesel but MrsRiverOtter put the Ki-bosh on the Excursion because it was too big.

HOSS
11-30-2004, 11:48 AM
wow..dont take this to the head or anything...but u Ford Lover's are STUCK ON STUPID!!! :D
LMAO :eat:

cdog
11-30-2004, 11:58 AM
Since I still have a Burb I don't have a diesel. In fact I am some what of a "Diesel Tard" But how can a V6 diesel out tow/perform a V8 Durmax or a V8 Powerstroke :confused: ?? When or should I say If GM ever puts a diesel in the Burb I'll be the 1st in line at the dealership to buy one.
They're comming in 2006. I've got a friend with the inside info and he's heard from a reliable source that the Sub will get the duramax in 06 with the new body style. I'm a waitin too. They are also testing a edge juice type controller so you can tune the Sub to your application. Sounds pretty bitchen. So far they've got 700 FT. Pounds of TQ out of it. I can't wait.

RiverOtter
11-30-2004, 12:01 PM
They're comming in 2006. I've got a friend with the inside info and he's heard from a reliable source that the Sub will get the duramax in 06 with the new body style. I'm a waitin too. They are also testing a edge juice type controller so you can tune the Sub to your application. Sounds pretty bitchen. So far they've got 700 FT. Pounds of TQ out of it. I can't wait.
700 LbFt of Tourque!!!! Crap, I'll have to grow up and get a boat worthy of being towed by that!!! That would jerk the trailer out from under the Happy Chappy. :D

little rowe boat
11-30-2004, 12:11 PM
Don't worry we wont take it the wrong way,we just consider the source and the mentality. :D