PDA

View Full Version : contact info for boat hauling

Chris Winn
11-30-2004, 09:43 AM
I have local light parade in my town this weekend (Villa Park), and I need to find a service that can haul my boat (29ft Magic) from the storage in needles to my house (i'm off the 55 freeway).
does anyone have a phone # or contact for a sevice that can do this for me?
I would do it myself, but I have to be out of town until late Friday night, also what is fair to pay (is it per mile?)

Chris Winn
11-30-2004, 09:52 AM
Geez- 77 people logged on and not one who can help????

Jordy
11-30-2004, 09:53 AM
Might want to give them more than 9 minutes before you start getting sassy. ;)
Instant gratification isn't fast enough. ;)

Chris Winn
11-30-2004, 09:56 AM
you are right, geez when i saw your reply, i thought i might have an answer for sure (you usually have them for item such as this)

Jordy
11-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Can't help ya hauling into California. Most the companies I know that do OTR stuff run trucks and trailers, moving heavy equipment.
Yellow pages perhaps??? Let your fingers do the walking. :D :D :D

RP1
11-30-2004, 10:08 AM
maybe try one of those RV places. They usually have guys they contract with to deliver trailers long distances.

Mrs. Psycho Squid
11-30-2004, 10:22 AM
I know that Flathead owns a trucking / Car hauling company in Bullhead. PM me your # and I can pass it along to him.

Havasubum
11-30-2004, 10:27 AM
i may even consider doing it for you if im free this weekand if your interested let me know

Chris Winn
11-30-2004, 10:28 AM
i called afew places in the online yellow pages, most of them wanted a fee for driving from Riverside (where most of them are loacated) to Needles. last year i found a company (i lost the # for them) that did it for around $220 or so (and they were bonded and insured), so i am hoping that someone has a recomendation of a company that they have used or know someione who has used them.
i do appriciate all of the feedback though!

Squirtin Thunder
11-30-2004, 10:34 AM
i called afew places in the online yellow pages, most of them wanted a fee for driving from Riverside (where most of them are loacated) to Needles. last year i found a company (i lost the # for them) that did it for around $220 or so (and they were bonded and insured), so i am hoping that someone has a recomendation of a company that they have used or know someione who has used them.
i do appriciate all of the feedback though!
You have to remember that with the higher fuel costs it will be way higher, also last min. shit cost more. I am in Bullhead, tell me do you have surgebrakes or electric ???? Also what is the wieght of the package ??? Zip code would also be helpfull ???
Jim

Chris Winn
11-30-2004, 10:42 AM
You have to remember that with the higher fuel costs it will be way higher, also last min. shit cost more. I am in Bullhead, tell me do you have surgebrakes or electric ???? Also what is the wieght of the package ??? Zip code would also be helpfull ???
Jim
Hello Jim,
true, and i do understand that the fuel has cost is higher. the boat is about 6500lbs max (i think more along the lines of 6000lbs), and my zip code is 92867. the trailer has electric brakes (dual disk) on a triple axle trailer
thanks

Quality Time
11-30-2004, 11:05 AM
Whoever you use, ask to see thier insurance and what they are covered for. I found out that a number of these outfits do not carry enough insurance to replace a performance boat. Your insurance is null and void the moment they hook-up. I used Powerboat Transport Concierge. Sorry don't have the number with me, but they advertise on the other boating related sites.
Best of Luck.

al cole'holic
11-30-2004, 11:15 AM
..ah, screw that...gimme $200 and I will bring it home for you tomorrow. I'm heading to PS today :D

Chris Winn
11-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Hello QT,
thanks that is excellent information, i do need to consider that when doing this, i will look them up to see what they might charge.

1ASKYDV
11-30-2004, 11:53 AM
Should have asked a little sooner!
I would have brought it back home for ya last weekend. For free.
(maybe a six pack!) :smile:
Larry
VPHS class of 88!

Chris Winn
11-30-2004, 12:35 PM
Should have asked a little sooner!
I would have brought it back home for ya last weekend. For free.
(maybe a six pack!) :smile:
Larry
VPHS class of 88!
hello Larry,
damn, that is allways my luck, i would have gladly bought you a case of anything for that!
i was class of 93, i just bought a house back there about 3.5 years ago, i love that area.

wildbillg
11-30-2004, 12:56 PM
we use a guy to haul our boats to and from shows.
His name is
Dave Rigney
909-499-2079
He does charge by the mile and is very reliable. If he cant do it he may have one of his other drivers do it if he can...........
Good luck :coffeycup

Chris Winn
11-30-2004, 12:58 PM
thanks guys (and girls),
i have been contacted by a few people, and have some good leads. i really do appriciate the help on this.
Chris

PHOTOGLOU
12-04-2004, 01:11 PM
I have local light parade in my town this weekend (Villa Park), and I need to find a service that can haul my boat (29ft Magic) from the storage in needles to my house (i'm off the 55 freeway).
does anyone have a phone # or contact for a sevice that can do this for me?
I would do it myself, but I have to be out of town until late Friday night, also what is fair to pay (is it per mile?)
Didn't you just get a new Suburban Break it in go get it want someone to go and get it with you?????????