PDA

View Full Version : Sound Testing at other ramps?

CJ
11-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Anyone know what is or will be going on at any of the other ramps? I will have some trouble once I get my boat in the water and want to know where I should go.

Havasu_Dreamin
11-30-2004, 11:12 AM
From what I have heard they will be testing at Windsor as well after the first of the year.

RiverOtter
11-30-2004, 11:23 AM
From what I've heard they won't be testing at any of our ramps :D

throwerb
11-30-2004, 12:32 PM
From what I've heard they won't be testing at any of our ramps :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D

RiverOtter
11-30-2004, 12:39 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Word Up Throwerb!! :D

throwerb
11-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Word Up Throwerb!! :D
I think my new neighbors are going to hate my boat. Better take you out with me the first few times to translate. ;) :D

AzLakeLizard
11-30-2004, 01:27 PM
No testing at Powell as of this date!... they may always change their minds though! (they seem to be good at that!) ;)

RiverOtter
11-30-2004, 01:58 PM
I think my new neighbors are going to hate my boat. Better take you out with me the first few times to translate. ;) :D
I accept!! I can transulate big block thru hull to small block thru drive. I'm certified :D

Krumbsnatcher
11-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Anyone know what is or will be going on at any of the other ramps? I will have some trouble once I get my boat in the water and want to know where I should go.
I was talking to a ranger at Windsor and they said once the law is passed they plan on enforcing it!
The problem is that you will all ready be on the water and at 50ft they will test yah!
Just another reason to limit the boats on havasu and get more drunks off the water. I all ready purchased a set of GGB's for mine, hope they keep the bastards away. My 540 likes to rumble loud, especially since the exhaust is ported under the swimstep.
Time will tell..

Essex502
11-30-2004, 03:51 PM
There already is a noise law in Arizona and it is 86 dB(A) at 50'. I talked to a Ranger at Windsor back in October who was testing informally to get an idea of what they were up against. I have it from him that they would be testing and warning at first then getting serious later in the year.
There is pressure to reduce traffic on the lake due to increasing visitors since Mead and Powell are low. The ranger said that a variety of LE will begin getting a lot more hard-nosed about noise, registration and intoxication on Havasu. They will be taking a zero tolerance approach to these issues as the year progesses. This is from the ranger's conversation with me. I think they are serious. The ranger claimed to that this last season was the highest fatality season ever and that LE felt they had to do something.
I would expect private launch ramps such as the Nautical Inn's won't see the noise testing happen.

Boatcop
11-30-2004, 03:53 PM
I was talking to a ranger at Windsor and they said once the law is passed they plan on enforcing it!
Once what law is passed? Arizona has always had a noise level law, and Arizona Officers can't enforce California law. Especially from the Arizona shoreline. There is no talk of changing Arizona's laws anytime soon.
All that can be tested in Arizona is 86db @ 50 feet. Now how is THAT going to be checked at a ramp?
If Arizona Officers, State Park or otherwise, begin using California Standards, let me know. I'll tell you who to call.