PDA

View Full Version : Boat Insurance...Need Help

WaltersCamp
07-05-2002, 10:44 AM
I have a 1998 Mach22 with a Merc Promax 225 and pay a little over $2000 /year. My own insurance company called me and said that I'm paying outrageous prices and that I should look around to find a better deal. Well, I have been unable to find anything for less.
Can anyone give me advice on a good and inexpensive insurance company?

TOBTEK
07-05-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by WaltersCamp:
I have a 1998 Mach22 with a Merc Promax 225 and pay a little over $2000 /year. My own insurance company called me and said that I'm paying outrageous prices and that I should look around to find a better deal. Well, I have been unable to find anything for less.
Can anyone give me advice on a good and inexpensive insurance company?
MR W/CAMP...Have you called some of the phone numbers in the back of ***boat? there are a few numbers for ins co's in there..by the way, I,m looking for a MACH22 myself. How does your run with the 225? everything ive read says it needs a 300 or 300x. And I really dont want two motors to worry about back there! How do you like yours?..toby

WaltersCamp
07-08-2002, 08:48 AM
Two words.... Too Slow.
I run around 68mph with 2 people using a 26 degree prop with 1" holes. I'm waaaay over proped. I can't even pull a skier or wakeboarder out of the water.
Stick with the 300x. You'll be a lot happier.
Also, I've called everywhere. It looks like $2k /year is about normal for insurance.
[This message has been edited by WaltersCamp (edited July 08, 2002).]

Screaming Pete
07-08-2002, 09:28 AM
Half that is the norm unless you have some marks on your record call buzz at PMI ask about a layup period and he will help you (954) 583 5558 also a friend of mine this weekend said something about AM but still researching
Screaming Pete

TOBTEK
07-08-2002, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WaltersCamp:
Two words.... Too Slow.
I run around 68mph with 2 people using a 26 degree prop with 1" holes. I'm waaaay over proped. I can't even pull a skier or wakeboarder out of the water.
Stick with the 300x. You'll be a lot happier.
Also, I've called everywhere. It looks like $2k /year is about normal for insurance.
[This message has been edited by WaltersCamp (edited July 08, 2002).][/QUOT
walters....have you thought about selling your 225 and mounting a new 300x? im sure you could find someone wanting yours, maybe a dealer will take yours in trade?

WaltersCamp
07-09-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Screaming Pete:
Half that is the norm unless you have some marks on your record call buzz at PMI ask about a layup period and he will help you (954) 583 5558 also a friend of mine this weekend said something about AM but still researching
Screaming Pete
I have to give a big THANK YOU to Pete. You have cut my insurance in half!
You have a reserved seat in my boat anytime.

Screaming Pete
07-15-2002, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by WaltersCamp:
I have to give a big THANK YOU to Pete. You have cut my insurance in half!
You have a reserved seat in my boat anytime.
Walters Camp, do you ever boat down by Pacacho or martinez I'd love to have a silver with ya?
s/p

WaltersCamp
07-16-2002, 01:53 PM
I used to camp at Hidden Shores with some friends in their motor home, but not anymore due to the fact that it was older than 10 yrs and was kicked out.
Martinez is just a freakin zoo, nowday's. And I don't have a motor home to camp at Picacho.
Someday I'll have to make that trip down from Walter's to "Be Seen" and "Hollywood" sandbars. I here the water gets REAL shallow and takes about 2 hours from where I'm at.
If you ever make it up river, I'm usually the only DCB out on the water. But that's a long haul for a Coors Light.
Anyway, thanks again! If you see a single DCB with red and charcoal lines, that's me. Stop on by and grab yourself a cold one.