PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Hot Spots?

V-MAX4 POWER
12-01-2004, 06:55 AM
Can anyone tell me where the hot boating is in Michigan? Finishing a 20' Cole jet with a BBC 8-71 blower motor and am looking to go play for summer 2005. I have been to Brower Park (Hardy Dam) which is very cool just looking for different spots. Any help appreciated. Randy

sanger rat
12-01-2004, 04:12 PM
Here you go. http://www.michigan***boats.com/ When I'm not with the club I'm on the Saginaw river.

V-MAX4 POWER
12-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Sanger Jet, I emailed you before I seen this post. Where at on the Saginaw River do you go. Do you make any of the MHBA meets? Randy

sanger rat
12-04-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm only a couple of blocks from the launch by the Chevy plant. 5 mins and I'm in the water. During the week I'll run from Bay City to Saginaw. Holiday weeks I stay away from here. I'm going to hit a many MHBA meets as I can this year. I was bummed that I didn't make it up to Oscoda. I heard that its the best. Where are you running at up there?

V-MAX4 POWER
12-07-2004, 04:43 PM
SANGER RAT, most of the boating we do is on Hubbard Lk. MHBA had a meet up here a couple of years ago, wish they would have another one, it is an awesome lake. 8 miles long, 4 miles wide and 3 great sand bars. If you get a chance you should come up in the summer, it's only a couple hour drive from Bay City. Oscoda is cool but you definitely should try to make Hardy Dam at least once. Awesome river, badd azz boats and a lot of them.

sanger rat
12-07-2004, 06:04 PM
Are you going to the MHBA Christmas party at Midland Jan.29th? That is when they will set the meets for 05. We could bring up Hubberd lake. Sounds cool to me.

V-MAX4 POWER
12-07-2004, 07:11 PM
I will definitely put it on the calander.

sleekster
01-13-2005, 01:17 PM
i have a place on wixom lake just outside midland mi. great lake to boat on about 12 mi long couple of resturants and marinas nice sand bar about 1/2 mile long right in the middle of all the action, seen a few jets out there besides myself ( 1979 sleekcraft 18' bbc berkely ) would like to see more. there is a nice public launch or 3 gas station/marina launches if anyone belongs to mich hot boat maybe you could bring the subject of having a informal meet, i know sevral year ago they was talk of a organized jet fest on the lake but liability problems supposibly prevented it.

sanger rat
01-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Hey Sleekster, How do you get to the sandbar from the public launch?

sleekster
01-21-2005, 05:03 AM
no problem Sanger Rat, i assume you are talking about the public ramp that puts you in to what is called the Tobacco river side, if you were to drive into the water off the ramp turn left head towards the dam go under the M-30 bridge and Strykers marina will be on your left continue straight you will pass some houses on the left then you will see a cut to your left go past that and the sand bar will be on your left hand side you will see boats anchored there all the time, it is awsome you can walk about 50 feet from shore and still only be about in 3 feet of water pure sand bottom.

sanger rat
01-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Ok. I know where you are talking about. I went there once and the water was so ruff I had to get out of there. Its only about a 1/2 hr drive for me. Are you there every weekend in the summer? We'll have to hook up.

sleekster
01-22-2005, 05:42 AM
yeah i go up there pretty much every weekend, we should hook up i have a boat ramp right on my property so it makes it convienent. i know what you mean about it getting rough out there sometimes it can make for a scary ride.but in the mornings or evenings when it calms down it is a nice ride. if ti gets to rough we just take out the pontoon and kick back maybe do a little tubeing, it's all good.

allyss2000
01-22-2005, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=V-MAX4 POWER]Can anyone tell me where the hot boating is in Michigan? Finishing a 20' Cole jet with a BBC 8-71 blower motor and am looking to go play for summer 2005. I have been to Brower Park (Hardy Dam) which is very cool just looking for different spots. Any help appreciated. Randy[/QUOTE
Yes Hardy, on any given weekend probably has more Hot Boats than any lake in the state. I own a cottage up there (Croton Pond) & do alot of boating on Hardy & Croton. BUT you really should try the Torch Lake chain, to me it's the nicest in the Midwest !! Scott :D

sanger rat
01-23-2005, 08:58 AM
That sure does look nice. http://www.fishweb.com/maps/antrim/torchlake/clamriver/