PDA

View Full Version : 2-Stroke Mechanics

BADBLOWN572
12-01-2004, 08:56 AM
Yes, I know that this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I also know that most of you don't look in the Dock area and most of you do ride. So here goes...
Does anyone know a good 2-stroke mechanic? Siezed my Banshee over Thanksgiving and I cant figure out why. Had plenty of oil, coolant, and fuel was mixed at 32:1 so definitely not lean. I need to find out what went wrong and what I can do to get it fixed. I had it over at Trinity in September and had them go over the bike to make sure it was ready for the season, but that didn't do a lot of good. Also might want to put some more power to the bike so I can beat 3DO up the hill this time. ;) Anyone know of a good mechanic? I would prefer someone who likes side jobs and knows their stuff.
Danny

BoatFloating
12-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Yes, I know that this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I also know that most of you don't look in the Dock area and most of you do ride. So here goes...
Does anyone know a good 2-stroke mechanic? Siezed my Banshee over Thanksgiving and I cant figure out why. Had plenty of oil, coolant, and fuel was mixed at 32:1 so definitely not lean. I need to find out what went wrong and what I can do to get it fixed. I had it over at Trinity in September and had them go over the bike to make sure it was ready for the season, but that didn't do a lot of good. Also might want to put some more power to the bike so I can beat 3DO up the hill this time. ;) Anyone know of a good mechanic? I would prefer someone who likes side jobs and knows their stuff.
Danny
Danny, I don't know of any but Jeffy might. Trinty does good work why don't you wnat them to do it $$$$$$$$

BADBLOWN572
12-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Well $$$ is one reason, the second reason is that Trinity is so booked right now that they say that they won't be able to get to it until the middle of January.

BoatFloating
12-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Well $$$ is one reason, the second reason is that Trinity is so booked right now that they say that they won't be able to get to it until the middle of January.
Wow that sucks..... Jeffy might have someone for you...

Goodtime$
12-01-2004, 04:34 PM
Blowinz up your 4wheeler, i have a friend in Dana Point who did all my work on my honda, he is in college now so side cash could be a good thing, ill call him. If not bite the bullet and take it into a dealer, or call Nicoll Racing in San Clemente.
best of luck

TUNNEL MAN
12-01-2004, 07:22 PM
Pro_tec in Murrieta ask for Wayne they are dam good

Speedin' Ian
12-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Maybe you got a partial blockage in the main jet, causing the motor to lean out. Rebuild that thing yourself, it's easy! Then take the carb a part and make sure a peace of sand or something isn't blocking the main jet. Also you may have got an air bubble in the cooling system somewhere, causing the water pump to cavitate (not very likely).

H20 Party Starter
12-08-2004, 09:10 PM
hey Danny.... U fix it yet? Didn't I hear somethin about some Shitsuki quads too? :idea:
Josh

sigepmock
12-09-2004, 08:01 AM
BadBlown,
Is the Banshee fixed yet? If not I have a guy who builds Banshee's for me and all my buddies. He just did my wife's Banshee and the thing scares the hell out of me, way fast. He's up in Hesperia and is reasonbly priced. Even my buddies that work at Yamaha take their race bikes to this guy, he know his stuff. Let me know if your interested and I'll PM you his number.
Chris