PDA

View Full Version : Question for Rexone

Foggerjet
12-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Mike, I need to order new steering and reverse cables, Gettin' kinda tight. Is there a standard deal for a 19' boat w/teleflex? Do I need to pull them out and measure them? I'll order them from you when I figure out what the hell I need.
thanks
fog

Taylorman
12-01-2004, 01:55 PM
The old cables may have letter markings on them showing the length

Rexone
12-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Mike, I need to order new steering and reverse cables, Gettin' kinda tight. Is there a standard deal for a 19' boat w/teleflex? Do I need to pull them out and measure them? I'll order them from you when I figure out what the hell I need.
thanks
fog
Like TM said there should be markings on the cables that will help. We need to determine the "type" of Teleflex system we are dealing with as there are several possibilities there. Many times the length will be stamped right into the cable jacket, sometimes not. There really is no "standard" length, it depends on how the boat is rigged as to exactly what length cables were used. The f/r cable is likely a 43BC type cable if it has a bulkhead type mounting on the back end at the jet. If it is a clamp on it is likely a 43C. But as always we need way more detail to determine. Just give a call if we can help.

Foggerjet
12-03-2004, 06:41 AM
Thanks, Mike and Taylorman.
fog

Foggerjet
03-26-2005, 09:01 PM
OK, 4 mo. later. I went out and drug the strg. cable out of the boat. I had to unbolt the rack from the bottom of the helm and pull the cable through the gunnel (bitch). Anyway the cable does have markings stamped in it. This baby is 30 yrs old and I could barely make it out but, here goes. The cable says SS124 17ft OV2392. It still has the rack attached. It says right on it "replace entire assembly" :cry: I looked at Rex's website and couldn't find this # or any cables like this, but I was probly looking in the wrong place. Does this sound like a good #? I need one bad. Thanks
fog

Oldsquirt
03-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Pictures would probably help a lot. :)
By any chance does the cable/rack assembly look like this? Does is mount to the helm(which contains the pinion) with four 1/4" bolts?
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/620-362015.JPG
If so, I know Mike can help you out.

Foggerjet
03-27-2005, 05:24 AM
OLDSQUIRT, yes it looks like that. I actually found that on CP's site after I posted the #'s. I'll call Rex on monday and see what they say. Nothing against CP, but I'd rather do business with Mike. Thanks,
fog

Oldsquirt
03-27-2005, 07:03 AM
Foggerjet, I knew CP had a clearer pic. Rex does carry those cables.
They are on Page 98 (http://www.rexmar.com/page98.html)

Rexone
03-27-2005, 07:40 PM
OK, 4 mo. later. I went out and drug the strg. cable out of the boat. I had to unbolt the rack from the bottom of the helm and pull the cable through the gunnel (bitch). Anyway the cable does have markings stamped in it. This baby is 30 yrs old and I could barely make it out but, here goes. The cable says SS124 17ft OV2392. It still has the rack attached. It says right on it "replace entire assembly" :cry: I looked at Rex's website and couldn't find this # or any cables like this, but I was probly looking in the wrong place. Does this sound like a good #? I need one bad. Thanks
fog
The Teleflex 124 is the older style rack system. It's no problem to get the replacement rack/cable assy although I don't have on the shelf.. prolly a day or two. Let me know if you need. That one isn't on the website yet. It won't interchange with the Morse/Hardin style rack. And yes it is replaced only as a complete assy from Teleflex (rack and cable).

1Bahnerjet
03-27-2005, 07:56 PM
this one is for a VERY Short Boat...
http://www.cpperformance.com/images/620-362015.JPG

Foggerjet
03-28-2005, 06:13 AM
Thanks for the help, I'll call the sales dept. today and get it ordered.
fog

Foggerjet
03-28-2005, 06:53 PM
I called Rex today and spoke to Jason, he said that I would be better off just buying the whole shootin' match with a new helm and everything. The cable cost $136 and the whole kit is $150. I guess I want the whole thing. I'll call and order it. Thanks for the help, Mike and everyone else.
fog