PDA

View Full Version : Since I'm not Marrying Topless: SPAM - For sale - 1972 Tahiti Jet

diggler
12-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Well, I held out for a good (12hrs?) or so... I finally decided I had no room for the second boat, so here it goes.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4509088871
Topless, will we ever reconcile? :confused:

Tahiti350
12-02-2004, 06:37 AM
I can't get to E-bay from here, can you post a pic adn the details , or PM me?
GaryB> Tahiti350

diggler
12-02-2004, 06:58 AM
I can't get to E-bay from here, can you post a pic adn the details , or PM me?
GaryB> Tahiti350
Here's the text of the ad. Since I'm just trying to get rid of it to make room, I set the reserve low. If you offer me $4k, it's yours.
You are bidding on a classic 1972 Tahiti Jetboat restored completely in 2002 with a clear title. This is a rare Tahiti that is a splash off the early 1970's Sidewinder model. For those that are familiar, OldRigger's father rigged the boat originally in 1972 as is evidenced and verified by the serial plate initials. I purchased a new boat in September and this one has to go now because I don't have room anymore. (Reserve is LOW)
This classic starts with a stock 455 Oldsmobile, that was bored .030 over in the 2002 rebuild, and has only 80 hours on the new engine. The engine has full oil restrictors inside block to heads to correct the typical oiling problems Oldsmobiles have. In addition a new crank, connecting rods, pistons were installed in 2002 as well. New oil cooler and remote oil filter combined with HV oil pump and 10qt pan as of 2003. The engine also has Scorpion roller-rockers in high-flow, stock C-heads. There is an Edelbrock Torker intake manifold matched to a new Holley 750cfm carbuerator. The exhaust is water injected Bassett over-transom headers. (they're in great shape with minimal "bluing") In addition, a MSD 6AL ignition with rev limiter is also matched to the engine. Finally, the boat is equipped with a 2004 manual Place Diverter for those rooster tails that folks like so much. The jetpump is a Berkeley JC model, with an Aluminum "A" impeller and matched loader grate.
Single axle trailer with removable tongue (great for putting into a garage!) fully restored in 2002. New bearings, spindles, wheels and rims in 2004.
You can expect a solid 70mph out of the boat. Any faster is not safe as the horsepower exceeds the design of the hull. (porpoising and chine-walking)
Vehicle Condition
The boat is in good condition, with a few paint scratches to the graphics. The bilge is clean and free of oil and debris as well. There is no express warranty with the boat and it is sold as/is. It is in excellent running condition and is turn-key and ready to go.
In 2000, the transom was completely replaced due to rot. In 2002, the floor and stringers were completely ripped out and replaced with new wood and eight layers of fiberglass. The new stringer was completely wrapped in fiberglass to prevent future water contamination as well. The boat was flipped upside down in 2002 for fiberglass work to the bottom to correct all gouges. At this time, the new paint and graphics were applied. In 2003, the rigging was completely replaced with all new wiring and fuse protection. (I'm an electrical engineer). The interior was replaced with four bucket seats to ensure room for a cooler in the second row. The boat was Coast Guard inspected in 2003 and passed the safety inspection.

diggler
12-02-2004, 11:54 AM
ttt

diggler
12-03-2004, 07:52 AM
ttt (again, sorry folks)

Tahiti350
12-03-2004, 08:17 AM
Good price for a nice sounding boat, unfortunately, I have to have seats for 5, and want to push well past the 70 mph mark. Will probably stay with the current boat at least this year, adn save some $$. I hope you find a good home for it soon, and thanks for posting the info.
GaryB> Tahiti350

topless
12-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Well, I held out for a good (12hrs?) or so... I finally decided I had no room for the second boat, so here it goes.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4509088871
Topless, will we ever reconcile? :confused:
Don't sell our boat! I'll forgive you honey cakes! ;)

diggler
12-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Ahhhh, Topless........
I'm sorry to say that the boat must go. However, I do have the new one that is still eligible to be classified as "community property". Be quick though.. the new one may go next year for a larger boat. :D

jackpunx
12-06-2004, 11:57 AM
its on Ebay.. you should put somewhere in the add that it goes 100+ mph.. and that they will get all the chicks with this boat.. then post a pic of topless.. ..lol

diggler
12-06-2004, 12:02 PM
its on Ebay.. you should put somewhere in the add that it goes 100+ mph.. and that they will get all the chicks with this boat.. then post a pic of topless.. ..lol
Ha ha! I just wanted to make sure I was COMPLETELY honest in the posting, because I knew the ***boat folks would run me through the coals for posting bullshit like that! :D

topless
12-06-2004, 12:05 PM
Ahhhh, Topless........
I'm sorry to say that the boat must go. However, I do have the new one that is still eligible to be classified as "community property". Be quick though.. the new one may go next year for a larger boat. :DThats OK, the bigger the better. Who ever said size doesn't matter was lying. :jawdrop:

diggler
12-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Thats OK, the bigger the better. Who ever said size doesn't matter was lying. :jawdrop:
I put shame to the "Asian" stereotype! :D Maybe because I'm only half-Asian? Does that mean my ***** is at a 45degree angle then? :jawdrop:
LMAO, I kill myself! ha ha

jackpunx
12-06-2004, 12:10 PM
Ha ha! I just wanted to make sure I was COMPLETELY honest in the posting, because I knew the ***boat folks would run me through the coals for posting bullshit like that! :D
yep.. they would.. Im just messing .. good luck on the sale of your boat ;)