PDA

View Full Version : Raylar

phebus
12-01-2004, 08:48 PM
So, after all the talk a while back about their product, has anyone installed it on their boat yet?

LHC30Victory
12-01-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm waiting with you, Can't afford two of those set ups without corporate sponsorship :)

shadow
12-02-2004, 05:08 AM
So, after all the talk a while back about their product, has anyone installed it on their boat yet?
Sweet package!

Stealth Marine
12-02-2004, 07:26 AM
We are doing a full Raylar 106 conversion to a customers 496Mag HO in about 2 weeks time.
We WILL be running the boat with a GPS before and after to document real world results of his $11,000 investment. If your interested, I would be happy to share the results....

dicudmore
12-02-2004, 07:30 AM
We are doing a full Raylar 106 conversion to a customers 496Mag HO in about 2 weeks time.
We WILL be running the boat with a GPS before and after to document real world results of his $11,000 investment. If your interested, I would be happy to share the results....
11K? What does that buy in terms of parts???
I'm assuming that includes your time R&R and tear down on the engine....
Very curious how this thing runs.

Stealth Marine
12-02-2004, 07:57 AM
11K? What does that buy in terms of parts???
I'm assuming that includes your time R&R and tear down on the engine....
Very curious how this thing runs.
he is going for the full tilt setup.
That price will include EVERYTHING Raylar makes and all of their accessories/upgrades as well as all labor associated with it.
BigPower Cylinder Heads with Roller Rockers
CoolGap intake Manifold
Camshaft
Pistons and Rods
Forged Crankshaft
Gaskets, Connecting Rods
BigPower Headers and Risers
Reprogramed ECM
Our expectation is that his 496Mag HO should generate a true 550HP when all is said and done with a near factory stock reliability factor.
His plan is to run it for a season as a normally aspirated engine, then remove the intake manifold and convert the engine over to being a Forced Induction system.

shadow
12-02-2004, 08:07 AM
Hopefully i should be able to give some results on the Raylar set up as well. ;)

dicudmore
12-02-2004, 09:23 AM
Our expectation is that his 496Mag HO should generate a true 550HP when all is said and done with a near factory stock reliability factor.
His plan is to run it for a season as a normally aspirated engine, then remove the intake manifold and convert the engine over to being a Forced Induction system.
COOL :D

Stealth Marine
12-02-2004, 10:55 AM
COOL :D
Its NOT a cheap way to build Horsepower.
But it appears to be a VERY solid dependable route to go.
And considering that he is planning on supercharging the engine down the road, he will be set up for it VERY nicely well in advance and will not have to worry about any internal failures up the road from the extra stress of the blower.

Ivan Dan
12-02-2004, 01:48 PM
he is going for the full tilt setup.
That price will include EVERYTHING Raylar makes and all of their accessories/upgrades as well as all labor associated with it.
BigPower Cylinder Heads with Roller Rockers
CoolGap intake Manifold
Camshaft
Pistons and Rods
Forged Crankshaft
Gaskets, Connecting Rods
BigPower Headers and Risers
Reprogramed ECM
What type of boat is your customer doing this to? What kind of speed gains is he hoping to see with the 125 HP gain?

Ducatista
12-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi Chris....well did Mike have any success on my problem? :(
Bob

Stealth Marine
12-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Hi Chris....well did Mike have any success on my problem? :(
Bob
We were going to take your boat out on the lake the last 2 days, but the wind has made it ugly. We will try again tomorrow morning if the lake is calm enough. Not that your boat will have any problem on the water, But we like to be really carefull about putting it back on the trailer, and rough water never helps that...

Stealth Marine
12-02-2004, 04:08 PM
What type of boat is your customer doing this to? What kind of speed gains is he hoping to see with the 125 HP gain?
Probably not a whole lot.
Maybe 4-5mph, but we honestly do not know, and thats why we will run the boat before and after under indenticle conditions to document what "really" happened to the total performace of the boat.
BUT..The whole point of this exercise is to prepare the engine for having a supercharger put onto it in the next 12 months, and making certain that he gets at least 400 solid hours out of the engine with the charger in place running medium high boost.
The customer has a 24ft Cheetah Fastcat

shadow
12-02-2004, 04:39 PM
Probably not a whole lot.
Maybe 4-5mph, but we honestly do not know, and thats why we will run the boat before and after under indenticle conditions to document what "really" happened to the total performace of the boat.
BUT..The whole point of this exercise is to prepare the engine for having a supercharger put onto it in the next 12 months, and making certain that he gets at least 400 solid hours out of the engine with the charger in place running medium high boost.
The customer has a 24ft Cheetah Fastcat
Chris,with the added 125HP :confused:
I would say thats a very conservative 4-5mph.I would venture to guess double that.Good luck either way.I'm covinced that the Raylar packages is the only way to go if you want to keep the motor reliable,gain HP,and the appearance is awesome,Hell of alot better looking than the stock 496HO.
Keep us posted and hopefully some pic,s.

Raylar
12-02-2004, 10:02 PM
;) Hey Guys:
So far the biggest test I have been put to is the challange of keeping all our US suppliers keeping their committments on our parts that we use for our heads and kits. I will tell you, developing and engineering new equipment is far easier than getting some of these suppliers to keep their shipping schedules and get us our parts. Anyway, we are now receiving our parts to finish this production run of heads and manifolds and we now have some full kits to get our project boats underway. In the next month we should be able to get a boat or two up and testing with our new BigPower kits. As soon as the test data is in I will post the results here for all to see. Still, I would like to remind everyone following these threads that every boat type, size and drive setup is different and so the proper dial in of added horsepower and torque requires some testing with props, trim angles, etc to get the best results. These results will vary based on hull shapes, bottom types, x-dimension, boat weight, water type, condtions, temperatures, humidity and such. There is no one hard and fast formula with boats to equate horsepower increases with speed increases. Every boat will expierence different results based on all these factors, but in general a well dialed in boat should acheive good speed increases with good levels of increased power. We know our kits produce a lot more power but how each boat type and size will fare will depend on a lot of factors. The one thing we are doing is also making sure that our parts help 496 engines develop great power with reliablility and good efficient engine life. We are looking forward to a lot of boaters enjoying their boats with Raylar equipment. Good things take some time, but they tend to last longer.

Stealth Marine
12-03-2004, 07:29 AM
Chris,with the added 125HP :confused:
I would say thats a very conservative 4-5mph.I would venture to guess double that.Good luck either way.I'm covinced that the Raylar packages is the only way to go if you want to keep the motor reliable,gain HP,and the appearance is awesome,Hell of alot better looking than the stock 496HO.
Keep us posted and hopefully some pic,s.
I would ALWAYS prefer to be conservative when I tell a customer what to expect.
If we nail it dead on and he comes away with a +10mph gain, then all of us will be VERY HAPPY indeed.
But first we will build it and test it and then I will report back to everyone Exactly what REALLY happend on the water. At that point we can all draw our own conclussions as to the true value of the upgrade.

prosthogod
12-03-2004, 07:52 AM
This sounds like a great setup, but how does it compare to the 600hp package rom AZ speed and marine?

welk2party
12-03-2004, 08:02 AM
I am anxious to hear how this comes together. Would love to put something like this in my boat.

Stealth Marine
12-03-2004, 09:15 AM
This sounds like a great setup, but how does it compare to the 600hp package rom AZ speed and marine?
It "should" go head to head with it as they are both doing the same things in a similar manner.
But real world results are what we are all looking for.
Dyno tests only tell you so much, and everyone is always skeptical of the numbers the companies publish.

dicudmore
12-03-2004, 09:23 AM
It "should" go head to head with it as they are both doing the same things in a similar manner.
But real world results are what we are all looking for.
Dyno tests only tell you so much, and everyone is always skeptical of the numbers the companies publish.
true that, it will be nice to get a real reading on the set-up once it is on the water, also the info coming from a neutral party :D

Stealth Marine
12-03-2004, 09:36 AM
true that, it will be nice to get a real reading on the set-up once it is on the water, also the info coming from a neutral party :D
Make NO mistake, I WANT this package to be GOLDEN.
I would love to have a rock solid pat answer to all the people that come in here with 496Mags and want to boost output and NOT sacrifice reliability. So I am very much hoping this whole thing comes together and shines!.