PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Cobra and their 27ft V???

DryHeatOnly
12-01-2004, 08:53 PM
I have a friend who's interested in the Cobra 27' with a 496HO (deep V w/ open bow). I don't know of anyone who has one.
He's also looking at the Shockwave 29' Magnatude ;)
Got any info I can pass onto him?
DHO

Parker Dreamin
12-01-2004, 08:58 PM
We just got the 26 Cobra Razor.. took a look at both the 26 and the 27. The 27 has a bit more room but the 26 is more of a performance type boat.....from what they say they are two totaly different boats, but they do look the same. Thats my .02
We have had it on the water twice so far this month and love it. Nothing bad to say at all.

FRENCHIE
12-01-2004, 09:00 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............well you know what my .02 is !!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) and no im not on the SHOCKWAVE payroll!!!!! :p :p

Boozer
12-01-2004, 09:00 PM
I have a friend who's interested in the Cobra 27' with a 496HO (deep V w/ open bow). I don't know of anyone who has one.
He's also looking at the Shockwave 29' Magnatude ;)
Got any info I can pass onto him?
DHO
Tell him to go by Cobra and check it out in person if he hasnt already. Their shop is located on holt about 1/2 block east of Central pretty much across the street from Dana.
A friend of mine has a 26 Razor and absolutely loves it. From what I've seen their work is nothing less then top notch and I know a few forum members have in recent months taken delivery of Cobras. Tequilla-John seems to be pretty happy with his he'd probably be a good person to talk to.
You should know better then anyone else that if he wants a Shockwave team shockwave aka Frenchie is the guy to praise Shockwave all day. If Shockwave doesnt have Frenchie on the payroll now then they need to add him for all the praising he does. If they gave him a dime for everytime he praised Shockwave he'd probably have a couple million bucks by now.

throwerb
12-01-2004, 09:01 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............well you know what my .02 is !!!!!!!!!!! ;) ;) and no im not on the SHOCKWAVE payroll!!!!! :p :p
They better find a way to pay you. ;)

Boozer
12-01-2004, 09:01 PM
See what I'm sayin!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Sam,
Make sure he gets a 525 in that thing.......
CJG
:cool:

Parker Dreamin
12-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Tell him to go by Cobra and check it out in person if he hasnt already. Their shop is located on holt about 1/2 block east of Central pretty much across the street from Dana.
A friend of mine has a 26 Razor and absolutely loves it. From what I've seen their work is nothing less then top notch and I know a few forum members have in recent months taken delivery of Cobras. Tequilla-John seems to be pretty happy with his he'd probably be a good person to talk to.
You should know better then anyone else that if he wants a Shockwave team shockwave aka Frenchie is the guy to praise Shockwave all day. If Shockwave doesnt have Frenchie on the payroll now then they need to add him for all the praising he does. If they gave him a dime for everytime he praised Shockwave he'd probably have a couple million bucks by now.
Tequilla John and myself own the same boat.

DryHeatOnly
12-01-2004, 09:06 PM
I was at Shockwave today and saw your name on the "Salesman of the Month" plaque for June-Sept! ;) :D :D

FRENCHIE
12-01-2004, 09:08 PM
i might know of a 25' tremor with a scorching hot motor if he's interested!!?? reason for sale......owner wants to upgrade to 29' tremor, now that wifey got her new toy!!!! :wink: :)

FRENCHIE
12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
I was at Shockwave today and saw your name on the "Salesman of the Month" plaque for June-Sept! ;) :D :D
................. :frown: :jawdrop: you mean Barry scratched me off of OCtober!!!??? :rolleyes: :p

DryHeatOnly
12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
Hey Booze...Yeah, he checked out the Cobra in person and was impressed. He also checked out the 27' Dana but thought it was a little narrow for his needs. The Dana was built for more performance.
Oh, and Frenchie has good reason to praise those Shockwaves ;) :D

DryHeatOnly
12-01-2004, 09:12 PM
i might know of a 25' tremor with a scorching hot motor if he's interested!!?? reason for sale......owner wants to upgrade to 29' tremor, now that wifey got her new toy!!!! :wink: :)
Now's the time of year to do it. ;)
Tell Nicki congrats on the new ride. I got my wife some new wheels too, but not like hers or Mrs Kilr. She got a new Suburban...having 3 kids will do that to a person ;)

DryHeatOnly
12-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Tequilla John and myself own the same boat.
Have you GPS'd your top end yet with a typical load? 496Mag's?

DryHeatOnly
12-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Sam,
Make sure he gets a 525 in that thing.......
CJG
:cool:
Yeah, that's what he really wants. Of course, I told him to go with twin 496HO's :D

voodoomedman
12-01-2004, 09:21 PM
First tell him to go Check out Ultra. You pass right by it when you get off the freeway to go to Shockwave. I would definately look at Ultra. But between the two I would lean towards Shockwave and I would venture to say that for about the same cost you are going to get a much larger boat with the Shockwave. Lastly, if he decides on Cobra then he probably won't be dissapointed.

Kilrtoy
12-01-2004, 09:22 PM
What motor(S) are you getting

FRENCHIE
12-01-2004, 09:23 PM
First tell him to go Check out Ultra. You pass right by it when you get off the freeway to go to Shockwave. I would definately look at Ultra. But between the two I would lean towards Shockwave and I would venture to say that for about the same cost you are going to get a much larger boat with the Shockwave. Lastly, if he decides on Cobra then he probably won't be dissapointed.
the key here sam is youll pass right by it!! (ultra that is!!) :hammer2: :hammer2: :D

Kilrtoy
12-01-2004, 09:23 PM
Now's the time of year to do it. ;)
Tell Nicki congrats on the new ride. I got my wife some new wheels too, but not like hers or Mrs Kilr. She got a new Suburban...having 3 kids will do that to a person ;)
hey guys Im practical, She drives the new truck when she drops the kids off at school and picks them up and she drives the vette to and from work and while they are in school......

DryHeatOnly
12-01-2004, 09:24 PM
He was stopping by Ultra and Caliber we left Shockwave today. I havn't talked to him since then.

FRENCHIE
12-01-2004, 09:24 PM
What motor(S) are you getting
.......im gonna be as secretive as you with the whole thing and our plans!!!
but now im in stage #1!!! ;) :p

DryHeatOnly
12-01-2004, 09:25 PM
the key here sam is youll pass right by it!! (ultra that is!!) :hammer2: :hammer2: :D
;) :D

FRENCHIE
12-01-2004, 09:25 PM
He offered me Oct and Nov if I get the 29 :)
we could split a 34' and both share December!!! i think brenda and nicki would look good together on it!!!?? :D ;) ;) :idea:

12-01-2004, 09:30 PM
He offered me Oct and Nov if I get the 29 :)
I thought you were leanin towards an east coast boat say 32' or so?

FRENCHIE
12-01-2004, 09:34 PM
I am still figuring it all out Gary
youll never figure it all out!!! :hammer2: :hammer2: ;)

FRENCHIE
12-01-2004, 09:36 PM
I thought you were leanin towards an east coast boat say 32' or so?
well looks like mny sushi attempt for friday is out!! so what about lunch...in say the corona area on friday!!?? and a little trip to introduce ya to a good friend of mine?????
can you handle it?? we can do an early lunch if ya please!!! let me know!!?? :confused: :hammer2: :hammer2: ;)

Kilrtoy
12-01-2004, 09:39 PM
So what engines MR FRENCHIE are you looking at

voodoomedman
12-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Your killing me Frenchie!!!!! I'm trying to play nice but...........

FRENCHIE
12-01-2004, 09:42 PM
So what engines MR FRENCHIE are you looking at
nice shinny ones!!! :D we can chat this weekend!!! :hammer2: :cool:

12-01-2004, 09:47 PM
well looks like mny sushi attempt for friday is out!! so what about lunch...in say the corona area on friday!!?? and a little trip to introduce ya to a good friend of mine?????
can you handle it?? we can do an early lunch if ya please!!! let me know!!?? :confused: :hammer2: :hammer2: ;)
I'll be bangin out calls on friday,tryin to git ready for a lil trip you know :eek:

Kilrtoy
12-01-2004, 09:51 PM
nice shinny ones!!! :D we can chat this weekend!!! :hammer2: :cool:
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, sounds BLUE to me.....
or should I say BLUES

Parker Dreamin
12-02-2004, 07:43 AM
Have you GPS'd your top end yet with a typical load? 496Mag's?
Only have about 5 hours on it so still in the breakin period. At 4000 rpms we gps at about 58mph, full tanks, with two fat boys.

Tequila-John
12-02-2004, 12:59 PM
For sure.....

dicudmore
12-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Me thinks Gary likes the AZ sales tax better.....
and there are LOTS of AZ builders to choose from.
Although, that 32 Sunsation is pretty nice too. Think I heard Gary say something nice about it while we were in Avalon a few weeks back... :D

FRENCHIE
12-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Me thinks Gary likes the AZ sales tax better.....
and there are LOTS of AZ builders to choose from.
Although, that 32 Sunsation is pretty nice too. Think I heard Gary say something nice about it while we were in Avalon a few weeks back... :D
...he's under alot of pressure!! i will say no more!!!! ;) :hammer2: :hammer2: