View Full Version : Poly lock ?

Taylorman
12-02-2004, 10:16 AM
How tight does the poly lock set screw need to be on rocker arms?

Moneypitt
12-02-2004, 10:22 AM
I'm sure there is a torque spec, but a hex "T" handle will get them tight enough. Just be sure to hold the actual nut in place while tightening the set screw. Also, if using roller rockers, be SURE the recessed side if the roller axle is UP. .............MP

Squirtin Thunder
12-02-2004, 11:08 AM
How tight does the poly lock set screw need to be on rocker arms?
I always make them tight and then holding the adjuster nut and the set screw together I rotate about an 1/8 of a turn. That is on hydrolic lifters only with a half turn preload. This way you know they will not come loose.
Jim

GofastRacer
12-02-2004, 11:21 AM
I do the same with solids but I leave the lash loose and then sneak up on it with the wrench after tightening the set screw!..

Taylorman
12-02-2004, 11:28 AM
I do the same with solids but I leave the lash loose and then sneak up on it with the wrench after tightening the set screw!..
Do you sometimes succeed in scaring it when you sneak up on it? JJ LOL
Thanks guys. You guys probably think im a real dumb a@@ with all the stupid questions ive been asking lately about valves and rocker arms. Thanks for all the answers.

cstraub
12-02-2004, 11:41 AM
15 to 20ft/#'s.
Chris

GofastRacer
12-02-2004, 11:55 AM
15 to 20ft/#'s.
Chris
Sounds about right!. ;)

GofastRacer
12-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Do you sometimes succeed in scaring it when you sneak up on it? JJ LOL
Thanks guys. You guys probably think im a real dumb a@@ with all the stupid questions ive been asking lately about valves and rocker arms. Thanks for all the answers.
We all have asked the same questions at one time or another, that's the only way to learn!.. :)

Infomaniac
12-02-2004, 12:35 PM
I stop short of the actual adjustment. Tighten the lock and finish the adjustment. Normally the last 1/8 turn.

Taylorman
12-02-2004, 01:27 PM
I stop short of the actual adjustment. Tighten the lock and finish the adjustment. Normally the last 1/8 turn.
Hey info, got my Gen VI block yesterday. Looks like its in pretty good shape. I'll be calling you pretty soon. I won't be building it to soon, i have a second kid due in May. After we get past that, i'll get that project in gear.