PDA

View Full Version : Start up business

Boozer
12-02-2004, 01:07 PM
Do any of you do or know of business advisors? I dont know the exact title but I guess thats a start as to what I'm looking for.
I want to start up a business and dont even know where to begin because this business is unlike anything I've ever seen or heard of before. I'd really like to find someone who would be able to instruct me on what to do to get the business started and make sure it is successful. And also someone who isnt going to take my idea and use it for themselves after I tell them about it.

jdogginla
12-02-2004, 01:40 PM
sent you a pm :cool:

HM
12-02-2004, 01:41 PM
There are lots of books - check Amazon.
Make sure you look into Inc'ing yourself. I am actually in the act of setting up an LLC in CA for my mortgage/insurance business and moving my personal corporation over to Wyoming - the inventor of the LLC, although my personal corporation is a C corp.
there are people who will help you setup a CA LLC for less than $1000 and have you ready for business within 5 days, Dave at Corp95. 800-859-6696. He specializes in CA, NV, and WY corporations.
But, I reccommend reading up on the subject first:
"If your clueless about starting your own business" Godin
"What no one ever tells you about starting your own business" Norman
"Inc and grow rich" (I forget the author). this was the best.
Good luck.

ColeTR1
12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
I want to start up a business and dont even know where to begin because this business is unlike anything I've ever seen or heard of before.
When I first started my business I did it as a DBA (Doing business As) all you have to do is get a business license from the city you live in first. When they ask how much money your going to make tell them a small number like $2000.00 that will make your license less. Next if your name is part of the company like (Boozer And Associates) you don’t have do a bunch of other stuff. All you have do is run a add in the local newspaper call them and they will help. After you do those to things you can take your business license to the Bank and get a DBA account. If you are selling a product you will need to charge sells tax. You go to the California state franchise tax board for that. It is all easy and you will get help from everyone. Good Luck