PDA

View Full Version : Karting this Sunday 12/5/04 Open practice

jackpunx
12-02-2004, 01:36 PM
We'll be out at Moran Track Info (http://www.moranraceway.com/) On sunday. Its near Palm springs.. In Beaumont.. Where you dont have to be from there to run it HARD!! :rollside:

jackpunx
12-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Looks like Rain on sunday.. we may go to willow springs instead on sat

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 11:41 AM
What kind of chassis do you run?

jackpunx
12-03-2004, 12:13 PM
What kind of chassis do you run?
CRG and TonyKart

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Right on, I am a regional sales manager for SSC Racing. Let me know if you ever need anything for your CRG.

jackpunx
12-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Right on, I am a regional sales manager for SSC Racing. Let me know if you ever need anything for your CRG.
thats Awesome!.. I will thanks
Actually.. I will be needing some gear..
I'll let you know on that one
I see you site is under construction. Let me know when your ready and I may be able to help you with some of your Online traffic..
I work for one of the top 2 ISP's in the search department
Mark :D

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 12:36 PM
I am blowing out all of our non current Gearbox driving suits, shoes, and gloves. Our website should be up this weekend. We changed the entire (what a pain in the ass) thing. Are you going to willow for sure this Sunday?

100+Placecraft
12-03-2004, 12:42 PM
Jack, do you race at Willow? I'm in the Willow springs Kart Club. My son races!
Do you ever get out to practice during the week?
Gelcoat, we're looking for sponsors for the 05 season. Running all of WKA west and willow club.

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Gelcoat, we're looking for sponsors for the 05 season. Running all of WKA west and willow club.
Check your PM

LakesOnly
12-03-2004, 01:01 PM
http://www.moranraceway.com/media/trackaerial_main.jpg
http://www.moranraceway.com/media/galleryteaser.jpg
Nice looking track, full mile, several configuratrions.
I miss my 80cc shifters... :(
LO

jackpunx
12-03-2004, 01:04 PM
I am blowing out all of our non current Gearbox driving suits, shoes, and gloves. Our website should be up this weekend. We changed the entire (what a pain in the ass) thing. Are you going to willow for sure this Sunday?
I'll have to get some stuff from you..I need a new suite and shoes..
Sunday will be rained out.. so were looking at going up tomorrow.. I have to take my daughter to the dentist..If I can get her mom to do it then Im in.. if you go up keep your eye out for a lifted Grey f250 crew cab long bed with an OP6 and parker allstars sticker on the back window

jackpunx
12-03-2004, 01:06 PM
Jack, do you race at Willow? I'm in the Willow springs Kart Club. My son races!
Do you ever get out to practice during the week?
I dont race.. we just do it for fun.. I only do it durring the winter when its to cold to boat..
I think there is a lot of us that kart .. we should try to get something going..
FYI..if you dont own a Kart.. you can rent them and ride with us that do.. so dont let that keep you from coming :D

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 01:07 PM
I'll have to get some stuff from you..I need a new suite and shoes..
Sunday will be rained out.. so were looking at going up tomorrow.. I have to take my daughter to the dentist..If I can get her mom to do it then Im in.. if you go up keep your eye out for a lifted Grey f250 crew cab long bed with an OP6 and parker allstars sticker on the back window
Moran or Willow?

jackpunx
12-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Moran or Willow?
looks like willow is has an event this weekend.. so it would be moran.. Although its looking bleek for me.. We are all talking about the weekend of 12/19/04

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure what i have going on tomorrow, maybe ill take one of our Rotax karts out and see you up there. If not, give me a call or drop me an email if you want to order some stuff.
Andy
(888)772-5278 Ext.23
awurst@sscracing.com

jackpunx
12-03-2004, 01:21 PM
thanks Andy will do :) To tell you the truth.. its not looking good for us tomorrow. But I'll post again when we confirm the plans for the 19th. And My friends and I will most def order some stuff from you. :D

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Right on!

hugh jascock
12-03-2004, 02:12 PM
better get your karting fix in before xmas because the 2 or 3 weeks after xmas are demolition derby days! hey andy have the road rebel shifter chassis's hit 5 grand yet? :cool:
1.33 for a euro sucks big time.

Racer277
12-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Wish I could join you boys, it being the wifes bday and all, I might get in trouble if I went (wouldn't be the first time...).
I run a CRG Heron with a Honda 125, just for fun though.
I'll let you know about the 19th dealio, but I think we're in Dumont.
WTGC, I'll get ahold of you next week, maybe it's christmas goodie time.
PT is one of my Hero's!

JustMVG
12-03-2004, 02:54 PM
I saw the PTK avatar and wondered if ti was just something you liked now i know where to go for my daughters stuff.
MikeVG
Where can you rent and be able to with you guys, is that at the track? 'cause i'd like to get my butt out there and have some fun w ya guys....

jackpunx
12-03-2004, 03:22 PM
I saw the PTK avatar and wondered if ti was just something you liked now i know where to go for my daughters stuff.
MikeVG
Where can you rent and be able to with you guys, is that at the track? 'cause i'd like to get my butt out there and have some fun w ya guys....
Yea.. I think they have some programs for Rotax rental at the track.. you have to check on that one.. but I know that Pits was renting rotax's for a while.. I think they are still doing it.. for about 150-200 a day.. its good for a fix.. KRC also is a lot of fun.. but its a class and not the same as doing it with your buddies.
Mark

jackpunx
12-03-2004, 03:23 PM
better get your karting fix in before xmas because the 2 or 3 weeks after xmas are demolition derby days! hey andy have the road rebel shifter chassis's hit 5 grand yet? :cool:
LOL.. yep.. lots of traffic and new drivers.. :)

Racer277
12-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Hey M and M,
When I do finally get out there with you guys, you can drive mine. I almost always take someone with me and share. It is much easier to load/unload, and short stints (~15min) are all I need. As long as you are under 185, and 5-10, you should be fine. Otherwise, rental is the way to go.
It really is a blast, and shows that even NeckCar drivers got mad skills. Try putting in two perfect laps in a row, anywhere (well, except Perris), it isn't easy!

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 04:08 PM
For now the Rebel is still at $3795.00 for a roller, but that will change shortly. The Euro sux!

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 04:11 PM
MikeVG
I am almost positive that Moran has piston port karts for rent, they arent on a CRG chassis, but still fun. Mike Manning Karting probably has some Rotax karts for rent at Willow.

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-03-2004, 04:13 PM
WTGC, I'll get ahold of you next week, maybe it's christmas goodie time.
PT is one of my Hero's!
Let em know, I always have deals for fellow HB members.

hugh jascock
12-03-2004, 04:22 PM
For now the Rebel is still at $3795.00 for a roller, but that will change shortly. The Euro sux!
if this keeps up we will all be driving trashmagic or marGAY karts!

Sane Asylum
12-03-2004, 07:22 PM
if this keeps up we will all be driving trashmagic or marGAY karts!
I'm in the wrong forum...........This must be HOTKART........
OK......Since I'm here............What's the best way to introduce my six year old to karting?? I don't want him out there with the idiots and want him to get some basic skills early......
Lemme know.......

100+Placecraft
12-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Sane
My son is 7 and races a kid kart. He started when he was 6.
I think the best thing to do is to go out to a race and watch and find out about, talk to some parents, you can ask me. Then I would take our child to a class at one of the tracks that offers them, one, they should have a kart so you dont have to buy one only to find out that they hate it and two its less frustrating for you when your child doesnt listen to the instructions because its not you teaching them. The instructor has alot more patience and a good knowledge of flags and lap times etc......
I'm going out the monday to willow and the tuesday before X-Mas to Adams. Anybody off for X-Mas break?

WaTchTheGelCoat
12-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Sane
My son is 7 and races a kid kart. He started when he was 6.
I think the best thing to do is to go out to a race and watch and find out about, talk to some parents, you can ask me. Then I would take our child to a class at one of the tracks that offers them, one, they should have a kart so you dont have to buy one only to find out that they hate it and two its less frustrating for you when your child doesnt listen to the instructions because its not you teaching them. The instructor has alot more patience and a good knowledge of flags and lap times etc......
I'm going out the monday to willow and the tuesday before X-Mas to Adams. Anybody off for X-Mas break?
I totally aggree

Racer277
12-04-2004, 10:39 PM
If he likes it after two or three classes, you can get a kart. Many of the track days (during the week) you will be by yourself. At first it's kind of cool to own a track for a day for $25, after a few of those, you will make sure to hook up with people going out there.
At Grange, they have a seperate practice during each day just for kids. There will be 3-4 kids going around the course, and you can walk out there to help etc.
The instructor at Perris is very good with children (makes it fun for them), and the track is very simple for them to learn.
Good Luck!

hugh jascock
12-04-2004, 10:56 PM
sane,
im assuming you are near phoenix and the phoenix kart racing association would be the track/club for you.
if you want more info go to http://www.ekartingnews.com and check out the forums there.
good luck and all i can say is it will be the most fun you can have with you're son. :)

100+Placecraft
12-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Who's kids here race?

hugh jascock
12-05-2004, 10:47 AM
Who's kids here race?
my son has a couple of trophy's lying around here! he's at button willow right now for the pro race.
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/images/karts-calendar.gif

100+Placecraft
12-05-2004, 10:54 AM
What does your son race?
We're done for the season, starting back up in Feb. at the WKA at willow then I think the next race is at buttonwillow, never been there.
My son races kid kart.

hugh jascock
12-05-2004, 11:12 AM
What does your son race?
We're done for the season, starting back up in Feb. at the WKA at willow then I think the next race is at buttonwillow, never been there.
My son races kid kart.
thats our old 125 icc kart in the pic. he doesn't race alot anymore. he makes a pretty good chunk of change tuning for other people and manages a kart shop in corona. he use's what he learned in karting to support his boating habbit!

Goodtime$
12-05-2004, 01:04 PM
Does anyone have a line on a decent CRG used kart. Sold my Toni Kart a couple years ago with my motos and looking for a fun kart to practice with.
Thanks guys. 125 shifter, im fat. Nothing crazy, just basic set up.

JustMVG
12-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Hey M and M,
When I do finally get out there with you guys, you can drive mine. I almost always take someone with me and share. It is much easier to load/unload, and short stints (~15min) are all I need. As long as you are under 185, and 5-10, you should be fine. Otherwise, rental is the way to go.
It really is a blast, and shows that even NeckCar drivers got mad skills. Try putting in two perfect laps in a row, anywhere (well, except Perris), it isn't easy!
I fit the Height but not the weight criteria, off by about 60lbs, yup i be a Fatass my guess is it'll be hard to even find a rental for me at my present weight. Guess i'll have to stick to driving the Mustang on Trackdays or use the F4I . MikeVG

hugh jascock
12-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Does anyone have a line on a decent CRG used kart. Sold my Toni Kart a couple years ago with my motos and looking for a fun kart to practice with.
check the classifieds at "www.ekartingnews.com" or call extreme karting in anaheim. if you just want to have fun get a "tag" kart,125cc electric start, 29 h.p. no gearbox no headaches.
h/j

Racer277
12-05-2004, 07:54 PM
I fit the Height but not the weight criteria, off by about 60lbs, yup i be a Fatass my guess is it'll be hard to even find a rental for me at my present weight. Guess i'll have to stick to driving the Mustang on Trackdays or use the F4I . MikeVG
Dang it your right!
We stripped down my buddy and got him in the seat (he's about your size), but he couldn't breath. :2purples: Slight panic, quick exit, he's ok and doesn't want to try again. :eek:

Goodtime$
12-06-2004, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the help, i still want another shifter. no shift no fun

Hustler
12-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Can some one delete this thread please. All of this talk is making me want to go out and get a cart. I dont need to start another hobby, my bank account cant afford it :sqeyes: :D

jackpunx
12-06-2004, 09:16 AM
Can some one delete this thread please. All of this talk is making me want to go out and get a cart. I dont need to start another hobby, my bank account cant afford it :sqeyes: :D
Joe,
You come with me.. I'll have you in something you cant afford in no time..lol :D
Seriously.. its a blast.. although I dont do it as much as i used to .. we still have a blast when its not to hot.. but my boat comes first..
Most of the reason I dont sell the kart is that some of the people that I have met through karting are so cool its a good way to stay connected with them.

hugh jascock
12-06-2004, 10:43 AM
check this out, it's in az. though. http://www.kartingaz.com./Forsale.html

JustMVG
12-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Dang it your right!
We stripped down my buddy and got him in the seat (he's about your size), but he couldn't breath. :2purples: Slight panic, quick exit, he's ok and doesn't want to try again. :eek:
You'll never see me panic, and if he fit i will be more than willing to try, the thrill of being low to the ground and flyin', will always outweigh(yes pun intended :D ) any panic i could ever have, closest thig to panic for me in years was saying "I Do" everything after doing something like that is cake. :D :rolleyes: ;) , so next time lemme know and i should be fitting in no time, Thanks MikeVG