PDA

View Full Version : Newport Beach Boat Parade

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-02-2004, 03:35 PM
does anyone know when it is, I think we should get a group and go down there and watch it from the water.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-02-2004, 03:40 PM
I found it
Event: 96th Annual Newport Harbor Christmas Boat Parade
When: Wednesday, December 15, 2004
6:30 pm
Where: Newport Harbor
Price: FREE (see below)
What: The 96th Annual Newport Harbor Christmas Boat Parade will take place December 15-19. Join over a million viewers as you watch beautifully decorated yachts, boats, kayaks and canoes sail along the harbor. Hosted by the Commodores Club of the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce, the parade begins at Collins Island each evening at 6:30 p.m., and will last approximately two and a half hours. Providing the backdrop for the parade is the Ring of Lights waterfront home and business decorating competition. For more information, visit www.christmasboatparade.com
Comments: FREE for spectators, entry fee for participating boats.
I think saturday the 18th looks good in my book

jdogginla
12-02-2004, 03:43 PM
I say we decorate your boat with Rainbow Flags and a Beaumont Banner and put Frenchie on the bow with the shorts pulled up and the cowboy hat! ROTFL!@#$%%#$ :hammer2: :D

Quality Time
12-02-2004, 03:49 PM
I'll be there either Friday, Saturday or both. Not sure yet.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-02-2004, 04:09 PM
I'll be there either Friday, Saturday or both. Not sure yet.
if you go saturday lets hook-up to watch the parade, I will get there around 11AM, and hang out all day and have lunch at hooters :D

FRENCHIE
12-02-2004, 04:13 PM
if you go saturday lets hook-up to watch the parade, I will get there around 11AM, and hang out all day and have lunch at hooters :D
now dont this lunch go against everything weve just talked about!!!!??? :yuk: :jawdrop: :rolleyes: :argue:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-02-2004, 05:01 PM
now dont this lunch go against everything weve just talked about!!!!??? :yuk: :jawdrop: :rolleyes: :argue:
nope i have self control :boxingguy besides its the weekend ;)

BADBLOWN572
12-02-2004, 05:06 PM
The 18th looks good for me. I will have our 28 in the water for the event. Leaving it in the slip for a week. Usually head out around Sundown and end up at Hooters for some after parade coctails. Would be down for meeting up with some board people and making it a get together.
Danny
BB572
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598RAPTOR.JPG

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-02-2004, 06:04 PM
The 18th looks good for me. I will have our 28 in the water for the event. Leaving it in the slip for a week. Usually head out around Sundown and end up at Hooters for some after parade coctails. Would be down for meeting up with some board people and making it a get together.
Danny
BB572
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598RAPTOR.JPG
sounds good i will look for you

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 06:17 PM
Can we decorate our boats and be in the parade?
That would be fun!
If not, we can launch at Huntington Harbour and idle around looking at the decorated mansions.
Does anyone know about the Chino Boat Parade?
(That would be fun as well)
:D

Krazy K
12-02-2004, 06:38 PM
That would be fun!
If not, we can launch at Huntington Harbour and idle around looking at the decorated mansions.
Chino Boat Parade?? Where are you going to have it? The cow troughs? :D :D :D

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 06:41 PM
Am I totally blonde?
Is there no Chino Boat Parade, where people tow their boats around decorated and throw candy at children...(did I dream this?) :jawdrop:

Krazy K
12-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Aaaahhhhh, that explains it!! Maybe they do do that. There is a neighborhood up off the south side of the 60 west of Euclid that have decorated their houses to the tilt. Do they still do that?

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Am I totally blonde?
Is there no Chino Boat Parade, where people tow their boats around decorated and throw candy at children...(did I dream this?) :jawdrop:
YEA there is, but i dont know it is

JustMVG
12-02-2004, 07:33 PM
SYA can i hitch a ride with you guys?
MikeVG

voodoomedman
12-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Here's the Chino Deal. The street off of Euclid and the 60 is San Antonio and it is called "Christmas Street" some good stuff in there but some people have moved away so really only one cul de sac is really good. There are a few small streets around the area that a pretty nice but small. If you really want to see a tricked out neighborhood go up Carnelian north of the 210 (Vineyard turns into Carnelian above Foothill. There is a neighborhood up there that is amazing. When you get up there then there are signs telling you where to go. You can park and walk or you can drive. On a weekend expect it to take a couple of hours to wait to get in and then get through if you are driving. Walking is much faster.
Chino Boat Parade. There isn't one. There is one in Chino Hills though. They tow their boats through the neighborhoods and they are decorated and stuff. If you want more info call Chino Hills City Hall.
Since there are no more rep points I want you all to mail me some green chicklets in the mail for all that info. :D

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Here's the Chino Deal. The street off of Euclid and the 60 is San Antonio and it is called "Christmas Street" some good stuff in there but some people have moved away so really only one cul de sac is really good. There are a few small streets around the area that a pretty nice but small. If you really want to see a tricked out neighborhood go up Carnelian north of the 210 (Vineyard turns into Carnelian above Foothill. There is a neighborhood up there that is amazing. When you get up there then there are signs telling you where to go. You can park and walk or you can drive. On a weekend expect it to take a couple of hours to wait to get in and then get through if you are driving. Walking is much faster.
Chino Boat Parade. There isn't one. There is one in Chino Hills though. They tow their boats through the neighborhoods and they are decorated and stuff. If you want more info call Chino Hills City Hall.
Since there are no more rep points I want you all to mail me some green chicklets in the mail for all that info. :D
It's called Thoroughbred, my sister in law lives there :D

Quality Time
12-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Sounds like a plan. If I go Saturday, I was thinking on making a run to Long Bech or Dana earlier in the day if the weahter coperates.

Bre
12-02-2004, 10:13 PM
There is a Light Parade in Chino Hills. I will find out when it is and let you guys know. My mom runs the Pick Up Stix in Chino Hills.... we just sat on their back patio and watched it last year. The kids loved it :shift:

voodoomedman
12-02-2004, 10:19 PM
There is a Light Parade in Chino Hills. I will find out when it is and let you guys know. My mom runs the Pick Up Stix in Chino Hills.... we just sat on their back patio and watched it last year. The kids loved it :shift:
Did I hear something about free mushroom chicken at Pick Up Stix in Chino Hills??????????

Bre
12-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Did I hear something about free mushroom chicken at Pick Up Stix in Chino Hills??????????
Hahahaha
My mom actually is out at the Irvine one right now. She ran the Chino Hills one for the last 4 years. But my little brother just moved up to ass. manager.... so I think she is gonna be changing stores for good. My mom doesn't hook shit up. She gives a discount :rolleyes: :p
Now my bro will zero it out everytime :D Gotta love him ;)

Dawn Patrol
12-02-2004, 10:24 PM
My mom runs the Pick Up Stix in Chino Hills.... we just sat on their back patio and watched it last year. The kids loved it :shift:
Pick Up Stix is pretty damn good Grub.....
Bre, Where is it located?

voodoomedman
12-02-2004, 10:25 PM
Hahahaha
My mom actually is out at the Irvine one right now. She ran the Chino Hills one for the last 4 years. But my little brother just moved up to ass. manager.... so I think she is gonna be changing stores for good. My mom doesn't hook shit up. She gives a discount :rolleyes: :p
Now my bro will zero it out everytime :D Gotta love him ;)
Here that everyone. Go into Pick up Stix in Irvine and say to the ASS. Manager, "aren't you Bre's brutha" and voila, free chinese food!!!!

Bre
12-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Here that everyone. Go into Pick up Stix in Irvine and say to the ASS. Manager, "aren't you Bre's brutha" and voila, free chinese food!!!!
No he is now at the Chino Hills one... my mom is at the Irvine one :D

Bre
12-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Pick Up Stix is pretty damn good Grub.....
Bre, Where is it located?
Off of Grand and Peyton.

voodoomedman
12-02-2004, 10:33 PM
No he is now at the Chino Hills one... my mom is at the Irvine one :D
Good cuz if I was gonna drive to Irvine I would say screw Chinese I'm going to Roy's.

Bre
12-02-2004, 10:36 PM
:p
Nope my bro is here.
I use their salad dressing almost everyday on my salads at home.... it is good :rollside:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-03-2004, 11:45 AM
bump

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-03-2004, 12:23 PM
That would be fun!
sounds good, I hope we can meet up

FRENCHIE
12-03-2004, 05:23 PM
sounds good, I hope we can meet up
im in.............32'!!!! ;) :hammer2:

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-03-2004, 05:34 PM
im in.............32'!!!! ;) :hammer2:
you sure you have permission

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-06-2004, 01:36 PM
ttt

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 03:42 AM
post count

THOR
12-10-2004, 07:54 AM
SYA,
you should hit up the Huntington Harbour xmas cruise. Drop your rig in at the end of warner or Edinger and you can check out all the killer homes. They do them up nice!

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-12-2004, 06:35 PM
SYA,
you should hit up the Huntington Harbour xmas cruise. Drop your rig in at the end of warner or Edinger and you can check out all the killer homes. They do them up nice!
sounds good I plan on launching early on saturday maybe 10 so I can spend the day in newport and Huntington

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-13-2004, 04:48 PM
bump

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-14-2004, 04:56 PM
Bump

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-14-2004, 05:10 PM
info
Event: 96th Annual Newport Harbor Christmas Boat Parade
When: December 15-19, 2004
6:30 pm
Where: Newport Harbor
Price: FREE (see below)
What: The 96th Annual Newport Harbor Christmas Boat Parade will take place December 15-19. Join over a million viewers as you watch beautifully decorated yachts, boats, kayaks and canoes sail along the harbor. Hosted by the Commodores Club of the Newport Beach Chamber of Commerce, the parade begins at Collins Island each evening at 6:30 p.m., and will last approximately two and a half hours. Providing the backdrop for the parade is the Ring of Lights waterfront home and business decorating competition. For more information, visit www.christmasboatparade.com
Comments: FREE for spectators, entry fee for participating boats.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-14-2004, 09:26 PM
to the top

Havasu Hangin'
12-15-2004, 04:50 AM
Bump
SYA- I'll look for you out there. I think we're going to eat a Villa Nova and then be on a friend's boat.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-15-2004, 10:40 PM
to the top