PDA

View Full Version : Super Size Me Thread on RRL by RiverDave...

RiverOtter
12-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Just wanted to give River Dave credit for his thread. I read it yesterday and I also want to see the movie. My question is (maybe RiverDave is reading this) to anyone that has seen the movie. Is it something I could let my 7 & 9 year old watch? Is it too graphic, bad language, above their heads, etc...?? I have been preaching to them for 9 years now how bad that food is and the only reason we go there is to get a worthless pos toy that they lose interest in before we even throw the bag away.

Umongus
12-02-2004, 06:09 PM
I have the DVD. I saw it and it's pretty interesting stuff. Nothing that a child couldn't watch in my opinion, but I don't have kids so I'm far from an expert. I don't recall any bad language. It's a well done flick thats pretty thought provoking....worth a look. I was never a big McD's fan but I like an occasional Big Mac. It hasn't kept me away.
Tony

RiverOtter
12-02-2004, 06:17 PM
I have the DVD. I saw it and it's pretty interesting stuff. Nothing that a child couldn't watch in my opinion, but I don't have kids so I'm from an expert. I don't recall any bad language. It's a well done flick thats pretty thought provoking....worth a look. I was never a big McD's fan but I like an occasional Big Mac. It hasn't kept me away.
Tony
Is is just or does McD's taste different than it did when I was a kid (30+ years ago)

Umongus
12-02-2004, 06:24 PM
I don't eat it often enough to tell. I've always liked the fries though and those probably taste better that they did in the past. Damn, now I'm making myself hungry :D

HOSS
12-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Is is just or does McD's taste different than it did when I was a kid (30+ years ago)
Ever since the government listed what actually can be mixed in the batch and still be classified as beef they have tasted different. They say a colon is quite delicious by itself.

RiverOtter
12-02-2004, 07:43 PM
Ever since the government listed what actually can be mixed in the batch and still be classified as beef they have tasted different. They say a colon is quite delicious by itself.
Yet another reason to pass up the golden arches :yuk:

diggler
12-03-2004, 07:51 AM
Since i saw it two months ago, I haven't eaten fast-food since. Really grossed me out after seeing the movie.

racecar.hotshoe
12-03-2004, 07:57 AM
What movie is it?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-03-2004, 08:35 AM
It changed my outlook completely. I don't eat a whole lot of it but when i do, i won't be going to Mickey Dee's. and my kids will never eat chicken nuggets again. The movie gave some alarming statistics that affected me big time. There is just a smarter way to eat. The thing about Mcdonalds is that it is convienent (sp). It's there and we are used to it. it used to be a reward for me to go there. now it is an excuse for us to not make lunch or dinner or to just say "ef it, lets go grab a big mac".

RiverOtter
12-03-2004, 08:50 AM
What movie is it?
Super Size Me
Diggler - Is the movie kid safe?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-03-2004, 08:52 AM
it's kid safe. i am not sure they are going to get it. although i don't know how old the kids are!!
its pretty long and a kid may think its boring.

JB in so cal
12-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Hoofs, snouts, asses...

RiverOtter
12-03-2004, 08:55 AM
it's kid safe. i am not sure they are going to get it. although i don't know how old the kids are!!
its pretty long and a kid may think its boring.
7&9. I've broken them from going all the time. Just going for the kill now :D

Bad Baja
12-03-2004, 09:58 AM
Its a life changing movie, atleast for me it was. I dont think I can ever eat at Mc Donalds again.

RiverOtter
12-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Its a life changing movie, atleast for me it was. I dont think I can ever eat at Mc Donalds again.
What's the deal about the nuggets? They must be made of moose lips or something. :confused:

Tom Brown
12-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Hoofs, snouts, asses...
Not the kind of stuff you want in a burger but exactly the kind of stuff you want in a sandbar party. :cool:

RiverOtter
12-03-2004, 10:03 AM
Not the kind of stuff you want in a burger but exactly the kind of stuff you want in a sandbar party. :cool:
Hoofs???? Reminds me of Bachelor Party. :D

Forkin' Crazy
12-03-2004, 10:18 AM
Hoofs, snouts, asses...
Don't forget the tongues!!!
I hate fast food. McD, BK, Wendy's..... they all suck.
I try to eat better and use local restaurants. Quality is usually better by far!

RiverOtter
12-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Don't forget the tongues!!!
I hate fast food. McD, BK, Wendy's..... they all suck.
I try to eat better and use local restaurants. Quality is usually better by far!
Same here, just trying to break the LittleOtters