PDA

View Full Version : I didn't want to post this.............

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 08:17 PM
But if it helps one women to get a mamogram, then it is worth it......
I really didn't want to post this thread. I had a cute picture of me, with my left breast,covered by a pastie and half my bikini top, all ready to send to everyone with the news....."My biopsy came out fine"
Well,
The bad news is my biopsy had "suspicious" findings. The doctor that examined it isn't sure if it is cancer. The report called it a tubular carcenoma(sp)
So to be safe, my doctor wants to treat this as if it were cancer and remove the mass.
So, this friday December 3rd, I will go to the outpaitent area of San Antonio Hospital and have a wire inserted into the mass, then I will have a "safe" radio-active" dye injected into me, so as to "light up" the lymph nodes. (I guess you have a lot, I thought it was one big one) Then toward the end of the day, (I guess Matt and I should bring books) my doctor will remove the mass and have a pathologist examine it. From the mass, he will be able to determine the stage of my cancer, if it is cancer.
If he isn't sure, or it is cancer, then my doc will remove the lymph node(s) that drains for that area.
Then I will follow up with 5 weeks of radiation treatment five days a week. My doc says it only gives you a small sunburn and most people are able to work through it.
The Good News is....I am anxious to have this "thing" taken out of me ASAP!! My spirits are up, I'm glad they found this early and it is so small and a "laid back" type of cancer according to my doctor. So we caught it early and it is small.
I just read my surgery orders for tomorrow and I guess they are doing a biopsy of my lymph nodes as well. (ouch)
So my goal in writing this was to encourage those friends of mine that have not had mamograms to go and have one. This was found by accident. I went to my doc for a normal checkup and she said it was time for my anual mamogram and ultrasound. So please encourge all the women you know and love to have mamograms done.
Take Care,
Deb

FRENCHIE
12-02-2004, 08:19 PM
my sis inlaw just found lumps and had em checked also...she tried to put it off, and not tell anyone for some time...until Nicki found otu an dgave here crap!!!! its improtant for you women!!! :lightsabe :cool:

mbrown2
12-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Deb, really sorry to hear that and hope everything goes well with the procedure...my thoughts are with you.

topless
12-02-2004, 08:22 PM
OMG Deb, I hate to hear this. You will for sure be in my prayers. I share things at work too so all of us can pray together so be assured that that will happen tomorrow. Be strong and positive....the best medicne there is. :rollside:

LVJAKAZ
12-02-2004, 08:22 PM
You sound positive!! hang in there and good luck:) That is such scarry news, i am so sorry. Please, Please let us know how you are :)

Mrs.Racer277
12-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Deb- I am so sorry to hear this. I had a scare a few years back but was lucky. Now I only have to do Ultrasounds once a year. Much easier. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Dia

Mrs CP 19
12-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Hang in there! Attitude is everything. Breast cancer is not the threat it used to be and I have every hope that you will be fine. Great job being brave and encouraging others to have a mammogram. I have been in chemo for 6 months now ( not breast cancer, mine is inoperable), and start radiation next month. What ever the diagnosis, get as informed as you can about your situation. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! Jill

Kilrtoy
12-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Deb I wish you nothing butthe best, You have a great attitude, KEEP IT UP.
If you start to get down , just think it could be worse, I could be pestering you in person....

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 08:28 PM
The offending boob............. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Deb_s_left_boob-med.jpg
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers :chi:

Mandelon
12-02-2004, 08:38 PM
You went public. :supp: And I thought I was special... :D Best of luck, hoping for the best news. ;)

racecar.hotshoe
12-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Hang in there kid we are all behind you!If there is anything we can do to help let us know,(No artificial inseminating turkeys)........ :D

Tom Brown
12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Deb_s_left_boob-med.jpg
Deb, if it turns out to be nonmalignant, do you mind if I masturbate to this picture?
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. :smile:
Your friend,
Tom

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 08:51 PM
You went public. :supp: And I thought I was special... :D Best of luck, hoping for the best news. ;)
I PM'd a few friends about this and several of them suggested that I post this.......(ah, your special Mandy) :D
Hang in there kid we are all behind you!If there is anything we can do to help let us know,(No artificial inseminating turkeys)........
Scream says your a sick puppy, funny, but sick..........lol :D
Tom Brown]Deb, if it turns out to be nonmalignant, do you mind if I masturbate to this picture?
and Tom..............I think your a sick puppy.............lol :D
Deb I wish you nothing butthe best, You have a great attitude, KEEP IT UP.
Thanks KILRTOY, :D

FMluvswater
12-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Hope all goes well with the surgery Deb. You're in my thoughts and prayers. Your positive attitude is such an inspiration. :)

BarryMac
12-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Best of luck Deb, with your positive attitude I am certain that everything will turn out fine, you are in my thoughts and prayers...

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 08:55 PM
Thanks guys!
I was feeling kinda nervous about tomorrow.........but now
I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy .............(maybe it's the thermal blanket and the two cats on my lap?) LOL :wink:

RiverKitty
12-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Deb, thank you so much for sharing your story with everyone. You are a very brave and amazing lady!!! Your right, if it can help one other person, it was worth it!!! You know we're always here for you no matter what you need! Good luck tomorrow ...you'll be in my prayers....and of course we'll need a follow up report! :)
Much Love ~RiverKitty :D

Huckleberry
12-02-2004, 09:03 PM
Hang in there Deb. As a former cancer patient, I was given a 20% chance of survival by two difference oncologists. I made up my mind that I was going to be one of those 20% because I was not going to let some microscopic thing kick my a$$. Attitude is a huge part of the battle. The rest is having a highly competent oncologist, the help and support from family/friends, and prayers to the man above.
Don't sweat radiation. I had 2500 rads of radiation to the center of my chest and 1500 rads to my neck. They are very careful to only expose the effected area to the radiation, thus eliminating nearly all side affects. It's not like the old days when they exposed your entire chest to it just to kill a tumor in a small area. That is what made folks sick and have trouble eating. The biggest bummer of radiation therapy is having to go there five days a week. I did it for six weeks, and it gets real old. But, I'm still here to bitch about it twelve years later, so it couldn't have been that bad!!!

Sweet Addiction
12-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Deb Hope all goes well. I am sure everything will be fine. Wishing you luck.
My Grandmother is going through the same thing right now. She told me they found something and that it has to be removed. I do not remember what they were going to do because those words are to big for my vocabulary. I kinda feel bad now because stuff like this does not run in our family, and literally I don't know what to say,do or act. So I feel unsupportive I guess, I will call it. :(
Jared.

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Hang in there Deb. As a former cancer patient, I was given a 20% chance of survival by two difference oncologists. I made up my mind that I was going to be one of those 20% because I was not going to let some microscopic thing kick my a$$. Attitude is a huge part of the battle. The rest is having a highly competent oncologist, the help and support from family/friends, and prayers to the man above.
Don't sweat radiation. I had 2500 rads of radiation to the center of my chest and 1500 rads to my neck. They are very careful to only expose the effected area to the radiation, thus eliminating nearly all side affects. It's not like the old days when they exposed your entire chest to it just to kill a tumor in a small area. That is what made folks sick and have trouble eating. The biggest bummer of radiation therapy is having to go there five days a week. I did it for six weeks, and it gets real old. But, I'm still here to bitch about it twelve years later, so it couldn't have been that bad!!!
Cool, so it isn't that bad? I've heard that most people can work through it, I hope I can. I've been through a lot in my life, survived a lot...and I'm still here. I will fight this!!
Thats good to hear about the radiation. Congrats on being cancer free for 12 years!
Deb, thank you so much for sharing your story with everyone. You are a very brave and amazing lady!!! Your right, if it can help one other person, it was worth it!!! You know we're always here for you no matter what you need! Good luck tomorrow ...you'll be in my prayers....and of course we'll need a follow up report!
Thanks kitty, your one of the peeps that helped me make up my mind to post this..... :p
Do you think I could take my laptop with me to the hospital and post from there?!?! :rolleyes:

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Deb Hope all goes well. I am sure everything will be fine. Wishing you luck.
My Grandmother is going through the same thing right now. She told me they found something and that it has to be removed. I do not remember what they were going to do because those words are to big for my vocabulary. I kinda feel bad now because stuff like this does not run in our family, and literally I don't know what to say,do or act. So I feel unsupportive I guess, I will call it. :(
Jared.
Just call her and tell her you love her.... :D
One of the hardest things about this was telling my loved ones..........Everyone reacted a little differently. My kids and husband took it very well. My mom is in TOTAL denial as is some of my friends. But I guess what ever works for them... ;)

voodoomedman
12-02-2004, 09:11 PM
Good Luck and God Bless. I had a couple of Lymph nodes removed from my pelvic area a few months back and they came back benign. Those suckers are everywhere and eating the wrong foods can make them swell up. My mother-in-law has had mastectomy and hysterectomy due to cancer. It can go from one end of the spectrum to the other. Be very positive, and say some prayers. Everything will be okay in the end.
Are you having surgery at the main hospital or at the surgery center and at what time????? I think the surgery center is closed right now. My wife is a circulating RN in the OR at San Antonio. If you have surgery under her watch I'll make sure you get extra special care. :)

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Good Luck and God Bless. I had a couple of Lymph nodes removed from my pelvic area a few months back and they came back benign. Those suckers are everywhere and eating the wrong foods can make them swell up. My mother-in-law has had mastectomy and hysterectomy due to cancer. It can go from one end of the spectrum to the other. Be very positive, and say some prayers. Everything will be okay in the end.
Are you having surgery at the main hospital or at the surgery center and at what time????? I think the surgery center is closed right now. My wife is a circulating RN in the OR at San Antonio. If you have surgery under her watch I'll make sure you get extra special care. :)
I am always up for a little "extra special care"..........I will be at the main hospital. I have to check in like I'm staying overnight. I hope I get to go home....No offense to your wife, but I don't like staying at the hospital, you can never get any sleep.....I'm checking in at 6:30 but my surgery is at the end of the day. (I don't think my doctor likes me :rolleyes: ) It will be a lot of waiting around, I guess. My doctor is Dr. Spevick (sp). I have to have the wire inserted and then go to nuclear medicine to have the dye put in.....then I just wait around, the nurse I spoke to said I was his last patient of the day. Maybe he is just squeezing me in?

JustMVG
12-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Squeezing you, hmmm whats wrong with this DR.!!!??? Thats the last thing you need, well from Scream maybe a little squeezy won't hurt, Good luck Debb with the procedure, prayers w you tonight, Mike VG and Family

Huckleberry
12-02-2004, 09:18 PM
People will react in many different ways when they learn of your cancer. Many, and I mean MANY will pull back as they truly do not know how to react, or they truly do not know how to handle it. Then there are those who you never thought would be such huge supporters will come out of the woodwork. Either way, they all still care about you. It just odd how some folks react to it.
You'll do well with your positive attitude. Be tough, don't give up, and don't be afraid to ask for help and support from those who surround you.

voodoomedman
12-02-2004, 09:19 PM
I am always up for a little "extra special care"..........I will be at the main hospital. I have to check in like I'm staying overnight. I hope I get to go home....No offense to your wife, but I don't like staying at the hospital, you can never get any sleep.....I'm checking in at 6:30 but my surgery is at the end of the day. (I don't think my doctor likes me :rolleyes: ) It will be a lot of waiting around, I guess. My doctor is Dr. Spevick (sp). I have to have the wire inserted and then go to nuclear medicine to have the dye put in.....then I just wait around, the nurse I spoke to said I was his last patient of the day. Maybe he is just squeezing me in?
No offense taken. My wife does not work on the patient floors. She is in surgery. OR = operation room. You may be spevack's last op for the day but not the hospitals. My wife works until 11pm. There are surgeries all day and night albeit most of the scheduled stuff is during the day. No hospital is good to stay at for the most part. Doctors always tell you that you should go home as soon as possible. Only stay at the hospital if absolutely necessary. Surgeries are a different story. Some hospital's are much better than others. You are in good hands at San Antonio.

Tom Brown
12-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Deb, I'd offer to take over your ***boat role while you're in the hospital but I don't know how to be kind and cheery with a warm wish for everyone so I'll just hang out like always and get break commandments with Hoolign.

Bling Bling
12-02-2004, 09:25 PM
Hello Deb,I don't think we have met in person, but I enjoy reading your posts. The one on top I thank you for sharing. I've been through this with my Mother, Father and Mother in law, it sucks. Good luck, keep up beat and stay positive. Cadie and I wish you the best. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 09:38 PM
No offense taken. My wife does not work on the patient floors. She is in surgery. OR = operation room. You may be spevack's last op for the day but not the hospitals. My wife works until 11pm. There are surgeries all day and night albeit most of the scheduled stuff is during the day. No hospital is good to stay at for the most part. Doctors always tell you that you should go home as soon as possible. Only stay at the hospital if absolutely necessary. Surgeries are a different story. Some hospital's are much better than others. You are in good hands at San Antonio.
Thanks!!
I feel much better now....I had two of my three children at San Antonio :D
Deb, I'd offer to take over your ***boat role while you're in the hospital but I don't know how to be kind and cheery with a warm wish for everyone so I'll just hang out like always and get break commandments with Hoolign.
Thanks Tom..................lol :D
Hello Deb,I don't think we have met in person, but I enjoy reading your posts. The one on top I thank you for sharing. I've been through this with my Mother, Father and Mother in law, it sucks. Good luck, keep up beet and stay positive. Cadie and I wish you the best.
Thanks all good wishes are welcome................... :cool:

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 09:43 PM
People will react in many different ways when they learn of your cancer. Many, and I mean MANY will pull back as they truly do not know how to react, or they truly do not know how to handle it. Then there are those who you never thought would be such huge supporters will come out of the woodwork. Either way, they all still care about you. It just odd how some folks react to it.
You'll do well with your positive attitude. Be tough, don't give up, and don't be afraid to ask for help and support from those who surround you.
It was like that when my first husband died. People I thought I could count on, just disapeared, and people, who I never really thought about, pulled me through.....

Outnumbered
12-02-2004, 09:59 PM
Deb, my thoughts and prayers are with you. My mom just went trhu this and it turned out to be nothing. Same thing happened to my mother-in-law a fews years back. All turned out OK even with a cancer history in the family.
My wife and both daughters were born at San Antonio. I have nothing but good things to say about that little hospital. It has a great reputation and I'm sure all will work out well. The people there are very nice and will make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Best of luck.
OL

ahhell
12-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Debbo, Donna and I will be thinking and praying for you tommoroww (mispelled just for you) Have Matt call me, and maybe Donna can swing in tomorrow after work... :wink:

Nubbs
12-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Hope all goes well for you. :smile:

Debbolas
12-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Debbo, Donna and I will be thinking and praying for you tommoroww (mispelled just for you) Have Matt call me, and maybe Donna can swing in tomorrow after work... :wink:
YOU! haven't you noticed how well I spell tomorrow now? lol :wink:
I would LOVE to see Donna tomorrow....I have to go in at 6:30, but my surgery won't be until later (last patient of the day) so I think after they stick the wire in my chest and fill my lymph nodes with radiactive dye (just kidding, I know it's "SAFE" radioactive dye.........I would love some company while I am sitting around, reading and writing my christmas card list........... :wink:
Deb, my thoughts and prayers are with you. My mom just went trhu this and it turned out to be nothing. Same thing happened to my mother-in-law a fews years back. All turned out OK even with a cancer history in the family.
Thank you........... :wink:

ahhell
12-02-2004, 10:06 PM
I'll talk to her and see what shes got on the sched. for the day.....heres a hug :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

burtandnancy
12-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Good luck neighbor. Nancy went thru this about 8 years ago, and she's better than ever. By the way, she was a head nurse at your hospital for 31 years. She still sits with cancer patients and spends a lot of time with the "ladies". She'd love to help if possible...

bunny 166
12-02-2004, 11:00 PM
But if it helps one women to get a mamogram, then it is worth it......
I really didn't want to post this thread. I had a cute picture of me, with my left breast,covered by a pastie and half my bikini top, all ready to send to everyone with the news....."My biopsy came out fine"
Well,
The bad news is my biopsy had "suspicious" findings. The doctor that examined it isn't sure if it is cancer. The report called it a tubular carcenoma(sp)
So to be safe, my doctor wants to treat this as if it were cancer and remove the mass.
So, this friday December 3rd, I will go to the outpaitent area of San Antonio Hospital and have a wire inserted into the mass, then I will have a "safe" radio-active" dye injected into me, so as to "light up" the lymph nodes. (I guess you have a lot, I thought it was one big one) Then toward the end of the day, (I guess Matt and I should bring books) my doctor will remove the mass and have a pathologist examine it. From the mass, he will be able to determine the stage of my cancer, if it is cancer.
If he isn't sure, or it is cancer, then my doc will remove the lymph node(s) that drains for that area.
Then I will follow up with 5 weeks of radiation treatment five days a week. My doc says it only gives you a small sunburn and most people are able to work through it.
The Good News is....I am anxious to have this "thing" taken out of me ASAP!! My spirits are up, I'm glad they found this early and it is so small and a "laid back" type of cancer according to my doctor. So we caught it early and it is small.
I just read my surgery orders for tomorrow and I guess they are doing a biopsy of my lymph nodes as well. (ouch)
So my goal in writing this was to encourage those friends of mine that have not had mamograms to go and have one. This was found by accident. I went to my doc for a normal checkup and she said it was time for my anual mamogram and ultrasound. So please encourge all the women you know and love to have mamograms done.
Take Care,
Deb
Hey sweetie--I'm reading this and thinking of when we met...you are a positive, terrific lady who will lick this ,NO PROB! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow--please pm or call if you need anything...as for side effects, a sunburn??? Don't we all get that all summer long? ;) :D You can handle that easy!!! ;) ;) Love ya honey and keep us all posted...Cindy

jdf
12-02-2004, 11:14 PM
deb the boating familyis here for you i will say a prayer for you ......bambam

Forkin' Crazy
12-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Damn, I hate it for you, but I love your attitude!! The sooner the better!
Thoughts, love, and prayer goin' out to ya!
Paul

clownpuncher
12-02-2004, 11:29 PM
That's some scary stuff to go through Deb, but, it seems to me you have it beat by 99% with your great attitude. I'll venture to guess that no matter what the outcome you'll have a great view on things. In either case I'll pray for you, in fact, right now. Keep us updated. Roland

RiverOtter
12-03-2004, 04:09 AM
Good luck Deb. I hope all goes well.

bunny 166
12-03-2004, 06:49 AM
Good morning Deb--me again. I hope everything goes OK today;i woke up thinking of you and wanted to send my love and best wishes for a good day. Keep us all up to date, honey. :)

Windy
12-03-2004, 06:50 AM
Deb...keep your spirits up girl and you'll be ok. :)

Wally_Gator
12-03-2004, 07:00 AM
We are thinking of you Deb.
My Aunt and Grandmother have had breast cancer and are healthy and happy.
The folks over there at San Antonio are great. Keep up the positive attitude.
The Gators...

jeepinscott
12-03-2004, 07:04 AM
Good luck Deb, Tandi and I will be pulling for you.
Tandi had a mass removed from her left breastice two years ago and it turned out malignant. I know the anxiety you are going through, remember we are all thinking about you.

MagicMtnDan
12-03-2004, 07:10 AM
Deb, no one deserves to go through this process of getting the news, dealing with the anxiety and then the procedure in the hospital. I'm hoping that this is the worst of it for you. You have a kind heart and give a lot to people and I truly hope this will soon be a distant memory. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and your family and wish you all the best. :)

91nordic29
12-03-2004, 07:24 AM
i will be thinking of you deb. i hope you are able to be comfortable and try not to fret too much (unavoidable). my mom had the most invasive type of breast cancer and has been cancer free for 2 years.

OLDRAT
12-03-2004, 07:29 AM
Chin up Deb, things will be fine. This is what the the exams are for, thank
God they found it when they did. You will be back in pasties at the lake
before you know it!! ;)
:clover: A wee bit of the Irish luck will come in handy.
OR

beer hunter
12-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Get well soon Deb! :coffeycup :rollside: :)

Flyinbowtie
12-03-2004, 08:05 AM
We are praying for you, and hope it goes well today.
Your attitude is awesome...

welk2party
12-03-2004, 08:06 AM
Deb, I am confident that you will get through this without a hitch. Your one of the coolest people I know. Take care, keep your spirits up, and you WILL be fine. :D

redneckgirl
12-03-2004, 08:14 AM
You are in my thoughts and payers!!!! Things will turn out fine :D
RNG

MRS. MAINEVENT
12-03-2004, 08:15 AM
Really sorry to hear of the news and we will keep you in our pryers and thank you for taking your experience -so far-, to help others be aware, it really shows what a strong and thoughtful person you are. Colleen :D

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-03-2004, 08:20 AM
I hope everything works out for you :D :D

DryHeatOnly
12-03-2004, 08:22 AM
I wish you the best Deb. Keep up that great attitude :)
DHO

lurid
12-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Hope everything goes well

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-03-2004, 08:30 AM
Deb-
Good luck and God bless you. You have more support here on the boards than you know what to do with!!! :clover: :clover: :clover: :clover:

Mrs. Restless22
12-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Awww Deb....*HUGGGSSSS*
I wish I could reach out and hug you. Breast Cancer runs in my family and I have seen my beautiful Great Grandma, Grandma, and Aunt have a breast removed from this. Yours obviously doesnt sound that severe,but I tell you they are in such high spirits afterwards because it was caught before it spread through their bodies.
I think Im to young to start these checks, but on the other hand, I guess its better to be safe then sorry... :confused:
I wish you the best of luck today, and for the next few weeks. Keep a smile on your face sweetie. Your in our thoughts! ;)
Shawna

Keithb87
12-03-2004, 08:33 AM
My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Mrs Luvnlife
12-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Deb, we are and will be thinking of you and we wish you the best with a positive outcome!! Hang in there, you're positive attitude only makes you stronger! ;)
The Luvnlife's

RP1
12-03-2004, 08:35 AM
I hope all goes well and stay in good spirits.

Beautiful Noise
12-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Deb,You our in our Prayer's and Thoughts today.

Havasu47
12-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Best of luck, you are in our prayers....

HOOTER SLED-
12-03-2004, 10:58 AM
I didn't read through this whole thread, just the first part. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck Deb. Hope everything works out well. ;) ;)

Tom Brown
12-03-2004, 11:05 AM
I'll bet having that dye line in place feels weird. She's probably been there for about 6 hours now and I'll bet she's really bored.
Hang in there, Deb. We're thinking of you. :)

Slib77
12-03-2004, 11:30 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you Deb.
I never realized how scary this thing is. My dad just had a malignant tumor removed from his brain two weeks ago tomorrow. It is really tuff trying to understand how someone can change so quick, and become helpless so fast.
Hang in there and be strong.
God Bless,
Serge

redi4fun
12-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Hang in there Deb, if you indeed have tubular carcinoma the prognosis is excellent. Your doctor is treating it aggressively which in my opinion is the right thing to do. If your nodes come up clear you are in good shape. DO NOT underestimate the power of attitude as well as family and friends. I have seen many a people beat whatever comes there way with the support of other and a great attitude. :smile: Take Care

Mrs CP 19
12-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Have been thinking about her all day! I hope we will get a 'good news' update soon!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
12-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Me too! God's probably saying "Shut up already! I hear ya!" LOL I'm sure with her great attitude and family around her, she'll be fine. Thinkin' of ya Deb!
Angie

Mrs.Racer277
12-03-2004, 06:05 PM
I can't get her out of my mind. Has anyone heard anything????

voodoomedman
12-03-2004, 06:14 PM
I can't get her out of my mind. Has anyone heard anything????
Not me. My wife expected it to be a busy day at the hospital so I may not get a call from her tonight. If I hear anything positive I will let ya know.

Tom Brown
12-03-2004, 06:29 PM
If everything is ontime, she could be out of surgery by now.
I wonder how many of us realize how much some of the other forum members care about us. Someone special like Deb has made a lot of friends online and, I have no doubt, in the rest of her life too.
Warm thoughts, Deb. :)

ahhell
12-03-2004, 06:41 PM
The wifey went to see her about 1:00 and she was in good spirits and Matt was by her side...im expecting a call soon, when i hear anything i'll let it be known :frown: :D

ahhell
12-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Just got off the phone with Matt and the frozen sections all came back O.K. 99% chance all is good....no radiation...nada...just some odd cells, no malignancy...in recovery right now.
Matt and Debbo want to thank all for their thoughts and prayers and Matt said she'll probably be on her laptop later....... :D :D :D :D

Tom Brown
12-03-2004, 06:54 PM
:) :) :) :) :)
Thanks for the update. :)

Slib77
12-03-2004, 06:59 PM
:) :) :) Fantastic :) :) :)

Mrs CP 19
12-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Wonderful news, thanks. But PLEASE, let's not forget the message she gave all of us (women, anyway), get your mammogram! You guys have that prostate check, and no complaining!

Tom Brown
12-03-2004, 07:12 PM
HOSS checks his own. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65010)

ahhell
12-03-2004, 07:27 PM
Wonderful news, thanks. But PLEASE, let's not forget the message she gave all of us (women, anyway), get your mammogram! You guys have that prostate check, and no complaining!
I work in a X-Ray office that does 20+ Mammos a day....and 2-3 a week are positive!!!!...please get one done Ladies
No...they wont let me do the Mammo's, I keep offering for the 20-40 year old group........ :)

Mrs. casean
12-03-2004, 07:30 PM
DEB!!! I am sooo happy to hear it is not cancer or anything else alarming! I just read this for the first time and couldn't believe it! I am so sorry you had to go through any scare... but you are so right and thank you for helping us women open our eyes are the possibilities we can encounter. I wish you the best recovery and your good spirits are so inspiring!!!

essexjet
12-03-2004, 07:35 PM
Deb so glad to hear that everything will be fine. We were in my thoughts all day today. Time for a drink!!! :D

RiverKitty
12-03-2004, 08:15 PM
Wooo Hooo!!! That's my girl!!! :D
She so lucky to have such a great hubby to take care of her!!!
By the way Deb & Scream....Tom told me that it's a medically proven fact that lots of sex will cure anything!!!! :crossx: :p
Seriously, I'm so happy to hear all went well!!!
LUV YOU GUYS!!! :D :D :D xoxoxoxo ~RK

OutCole'd
12-03-2004, 09:19 PM
Great news Deb!! Glad to hear everything turned out OK!!!!!!

Dr. Eagle
12-03-2004, 09:43 PM
:cool: :cool: :cool: Cool... I was thinking of you guys!!! I'm glad it is looking OK! :cool: :cool: :cool:

voodoomedman
12-03-2004, 11:05 PM
I just got a call from my wife and Deb's surgery went great... As you probably already know her lumps were benign. Everything is okay. Deb my wife said it was very nice meeting you and she is sorry that she didn't see when you left but her next surgery was three hours long and she couldn't get out to say goodbye. I told you she'd take care of you. First thing she did when she got in today was request to be in Dr. Spevack's room.

JustMVG
12-03-2004, 11:48 PM
Glad to see everything is working out for ya, them prayers that were said for ya, someone must have been listening, or posting?!! :D , God was an HB'er you know, happy for ya and relieved too.
MikeVG

91nordic29
12-04-2004, 04:55 AM
Yippppeeee!!!!!!

Mr.Havasu
12-04-2004, 06:32 AM
Gald to here you are doing well sweety. What a nice thing to read first thing this morning.

topless
12-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Deb, I'm soooo happy for you......(see? It was us and our prayers.) Seriously, I'm glad all turned out for the best but what a scare!!!! :eek: