PDA

View Full Version : Being a stepdad.....

Kindsvater Flat
12-02-2004, 08:32 PM
isn't all that bad. Here is a little clip from Bodega Bay after thanksgiving.
The one in pink is my niece. The other 2 are the step kids.
Video (http://www.schoutenranch.com/video/sophia.wmv)

MissSSTahoe
12-02-2004, 09:17 PM
I have a two year old son and i am sparated with my ex and have been with a wonderful man who has taken the father role to the best it could be. I am very thankful every day that he is in our life and wouldn't have it any other way. I am glad you are enjoying the joys of fatherhood and envolving yourself in a child who needs a father figure.

Kindsvater Flat
12-02-2004, 10:41 PM
I have a two year old son and i am sparated with my ex and have been with a wonderful man who has taken the father role to the best it could be. I am very thankful every day that he is in our life and wouldn't have it any other way. I am glad you are enjoying the joys of fatherhood and envolving yourself in a child who needs a father figure.
Its nice when you get a good one. :D

JustMVG
12-02-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm a Stepdad to three girls, although we had a very tough first year, things have gotten great, going on 6 yrs together, yeah we have our moments, but all families do, complete, or blended all families can work, ours took a little longer than some and shorter than others.
I love my/our girls with all my heart, and am so very proud of them and what they accomplish not only in school, but here at home, as a step, we'll always get the "your not my REAL dad" every once in a while, but for us those days are getting farther and farther apart.
Mike VG
Kindsvater hows things witcha??

Kindsvater Flat
12-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Things are good other than the kids go get corrupted this weekend at there dads. Other than that just hanging out working on projects.
Mike

JustMVG
12-02-2004, 11:47 PM
Same here but the oldest is staying and going to motorcycle show in Long Beach, we both need some dirt riding gear , and i need some more street stuff. Mike

Forkin' Crazy
12-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Sounds like you are a good guy. Very respectable!
I had mine taken away------unless it is my weekend to have him. Add it up and it's not very many days, but I'll take what I can get. My stupid X bitch offers to let me have him two weeks in the summer, but I am working my ass off (7 days/week, 14-16 hrs/day, I farm too), and the farm is not the safest place for children when they are young.
You da man!

Kindsvater Flat
12-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Dude the farm is the best place for kids. They have nothing but fun out here. I turned the 12 yr old loose on the tractor this year. Sure he wiped out a few rows of corn but didn't we? I just remind them if the like there fingers don't go sticking there hands it stuff. I only have one area thats off limits to them on the farm.

JustMVG
12-03-2004, 06:48 AM
I only have one area thats off limits to them on the farm.
And that would be the sheep!!!?
Not fair Dad, you get to have all the fun, Rank has it's privilages son....... :D
MikeVG

Wally_Gator
12-03-2004, 06:53 AM
I am a stepdad to two fine boys. Took on the father role from day one.
The real father hasn't tried to see them or talk to them in over three years.
Not to mention child support. We won't go there. Hopefully soon I will be able to call them my own as I am adopting them.
No farms here to turn them loose on.

Forkin' Crazy
12-03-2004, 07:06 AM
Dude the farm is the best place for kids. They have nothing but fun out here. I turned the 12 yr old loose on the tractor this year. Sure he wiped out a few rows of corn but didn't we? I just remind them if the like there fingers don't go sticking there hands it stuff. I only have one area thats off limits to them on the farm.
You know, that's the part I am scared of, getting hurt. He is getting older now, and should be able to handle it. At first he was too young and there was too much stuff to get into. I don't have a wifey now so he has no where to go when it is nap time and it is over 100* in the middle of the day. I do take him in the boat a lot and almost have him driving my small ski-boat by himself.
Sorry to get a bit off topic. You guys rock!!!