PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Banshees

wsuwrhr
12-03-2004, 05:54 PM
Something I have been developing for the past three months has finally come to fruition, that is a word right?
Anyway, I was wondering how many of the forum members have Banshees, and what kind of work have you done to them, or not at all?
I will have something to display that will showcase what I can do with a machine tool.
Brian

BADBLOWN572
12-03-2004, 06:02 PM
I've got a couple right now.
Two are stock and one is slightly modified. Pipes, skid plates, carb work, suspension, etc... No major mods YET.

Jordy
12-03-2004, 10:38 PM
You have to narrow it down a little more. I've done a little bit of work, both internally and externally... :smile:

bullseye
12-04-2004, 05:25 AM
i have a 89 banshee toomey pipes ,29 kiehn carbs ,been bored 2 x ,new crank,rods ,2 nd gear ,. use to ride at dumont alot but not so much any more cannot get a calm weekend up there

MagicMtnDan
12-04-2004, 06:00 AM
I once made a woman howl like a banshee. :D (and I made her dream come to fruition) :D

spectratoad
12-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Something I have been developing for the past three months has finally come to fruition, that is a word right?
Brian
Fruition, We can't use fruition it is not a real word.
Jim you don't work in the advertising department do you? :rolleyes:

wsuwrhr
12-04-2004, 07:34 AM
You have to narrow it down a little more. I've done a little bit of work, both internally and externally... :smile:
Narrow it down to what?
What kind of work have you done, and how serious are you about your Banshees?
Brian

Flying Tiger
12-04-2004, 07:45 AM
I've got a couple right now.
Two are stock and one is slightly modified. Pipes, skid plates, carb work, suspension, etc... No major mods YET.
Danny,
You're invited to Dumont the week after Christmas to stay with us.
Strong talk Her454 may make an appearance too.
-Ross
www.bluetraxx.com

Jordy
12-04-2004, 07:59 AM
Narrow it down to what?
What kind of work have you done, and how serious are you about your Banshees?
Brian
I have quite a bit done to it motor wise, as well as cosmetic. It's in the rolling pictures at the top of the Other Toys forum on River Rat Life.

wsuwrhr
12-04-2004, 08:01 AM
Alright then tighty lips, this isn't a street race.
2-4-8-10-12-14 stroke?
Brian

BIGTYME
12-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Engine wise I only have Filter, Pipes, and have it jetted. Other than that I have, Fullbore Plastics, +2 A-Arma, ELKA shocks, tag bars, ITP rims, cascade seat and a whole bunch more, fun to ride, rides like a caddy!
http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/watermark.php?file=3333/68400060006-med.jpg

Jordy
12-04-2004, 11:54 AM
I didn't go really crazy on mine as I still want something to dune, rather than just drag out to the hill and race until it brakes. Did all the dress up billet engine panels, lazer star lights, Works front shocks, 4" extended swing arm with the Lone Star Hondacentric carrier. That's about it.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8154&stc=1

LicktySplitJr
12-04-2004, 12:17 PM
I got an 03 limited edition with pipes,k&n,jets,boost bottle, milled head, mild port work, works dual rate w/res., lonestar a-arms, eibach rear spring and custom paint done by myself ;) . Wanted to do some more motor work before the season started but we all know how that works. Can never be fast enough

wsuwrhr
12-12-2004, 11:52 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63gearbox.JPG
Here it is.
BILLET 20MM stoker case.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-12-2004, 11:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63crank.JPG

wsuwrhr
12-12-2004, 11:56 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63bottomcase.JPG

wsuwrhr
12-12-2004, 11:57 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63bottomcasebottom.JPG

wsuwrhr
12-12-2004, 11:59 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63assembled.JPG

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 12:01 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63leftsideview.JPG

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 12:02 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63rightside.JPG

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 12:04 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63topscasetop.JPG

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 12:06 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63productionrun.JPG

BADBLOWN572
12-13-2004, 06:52 AM
Damn! That is sweet. I might be needing a new case too. Broke the cast motor mounts on one of my bikes. If cant be welded, need new case. :(

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Damn! That is sweet. I might be needing a new case too. Broke the cast motor mounts on one of my bikes. If cant be welded, need new case. :(
You can weld anything aluminum.
New stock cases are 3 or 4 hundred.
There might be some used cases laying around soon.....
Call that number I pmed you for Racers Edge if you want to get that taken care of.
Brian

Jordy
12-13-2004, 07:36 AM
Hell, I'd go with the new cases just for the bling factor. They look good Brian. :D

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks Jordan.
We are hoping for 130HP with a "STOCK" T-Rex cylinder on Gasoline. Probably up to 150 on full tilt.
180HP on Alcohol, and 300HP on Nitro set on kill.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 06:01 PM
bumpty
Sandbar moves too fast
Brian

bordsmnj
12-13-2004, 07:37 PM
watcha got for us thumper guy's?? finding parts for the yfz 450 is still tricky sometimes.nice looking stuff yuh got there Brian. i put in a new ims/roll stem today with tag tapered bars.....it's coming along.next year look out for the 508cc mod :rollside:
ps 180hp???Banshee?????phuuuuuck!!!! i've had small pick up trucks that didn't have that much power.nice!

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 08:59 PM
watcha got for us thumper guy's?? finding parts for the yfz 450 is still tricky sometimes.nice looking stuff yuh got there Brian. i put in a new ims/roll stem today with tag tapered bars.....it's coming along.next year look out for the 508cc mod :rollside:
ps 180hp???Banshee?????phuuuuuck!!!! i've had small pick up trucks that didn't have that much power.nice!
Wierd thing is most people with Yamahas, the Banshee as an exception, don't work on the bikes too much.
We have 4 yfz's in the shop right now.DASA (http://www.teamracersedge.com)
Hondas are the big deal for aftermarket, but we do some stuff for Yamahas too. Whatever you want to do, shoot a call, we will take care of your rides.
Brian

Bense468
12-13-2004, 10:42 PM
a 20 mil job is unreal. Have you seen what the 10 mil Robert De La Hoya has done by port magic runs. Or Dan Hull with his 14 mill.
I doubt there will be a huge market on ***boat, but you may want to try planetsand.
I got some work done to my shee, but nothing close to that as I still dune. I have a noss machine head with the new 18 cc domes running 33mm carbs, v force reeds...with a dune port, and a few tricks here and there. Its strickly race gas, but I am still on stock cylinders. Lots of billet, look good parts etc.
are you making anything usefull for the duner?

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 11:16 PM
a 20 mil job is unreal. Have you seen what the 10 mil Robert De La Hoya has done by port magic runs. Or Dan Hull with his 14 mill.
I doubt there will be a huge market on ***boat, but you may want to try planetsand.
I got some work done to my shee, but nothing close to that as I still dune. I have a noss machine head with the new 18 cc domes running 33mm carbs...with a dune port. Its strickly race gas, but I am still on stock cylinders. Lots of billet, look good parts etc.
are you making anything usefull for the duner?
Bense,
I wasn't trying to sell them here, rather show them off.... :cool:
You need to try out a DASA (http://www.teamracersedge.com) cylinder from Racer's Edge in Riverside. We do lots of useful for the duner, what do you need?
Brian

RiverDave
12-13-2004, 11:19 PM
Jesus Brian... LOL That's pretty bad ass if I do say so myself!!
RD

Bense468
12-13-2004, 11:22 PM
Bense,
I wasn't trying to sell them here, rather show them off.... :cool:
You need to try out a DASA (http://www.teamracersedge.com) cylinder from Racer's Edge in Riverside. We do lots of useful for the duner, what do you need?
Brian
Oh brian..I wasn't trying to say you couldn't place them up here. I could care less about that. I hope you didn't take it that way.
I have seen the t-rex cylinders with the power valves...Bitchen stuff. Just not sure if it would be something I would even need as a duner. My banshee runs hard for what it is and is very reliable. I would be interested in what you have going on through.

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Jesus Brian... LOL That's pretty bad ass if I do say so myself!!
RD
Comming from you RD, thats a compliment, thanks.
I can do lots more than custom license plate frames. :rollside:
I have about three months in development, design and production. About 500 hours.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 11:26 PM
Oh brian..I wasn't trying to say you couldn't place them up here. I could care less about that. I hope you didn't take it that way.
I have seen the t-rex cylinders with the power valves...Bitchen stuff. Just not sure if it would be something I would even need as a duner. My banshee runs hard for what it is and is very reliable. I would be interested in what you have going on through.
No sir,
I was just saying that I was showing them off, letting Banshee owners know what is store for them when they pull up to the hill. :supp:
When they get smoked, I just wanted to extend my appologies, and let them know where to get in line....
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 11:29 PM
If you rode the PV cylinder you would change your mind. Tremendous bottom end, with no change in the top. The PV closes the roof of the exhaust port changing the port timing allowing more torque. It opens up and allows for a larger port up top. It will change the party big time for your ATV.
You would be amazed at how little you would have to shift to ride the dunes.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 11:41 PM
watcha got for us thumper guy's?? finding parts for the yfz 450 is still tricky sometimes.
I am still wondering what kinds of parts you are looking for,
Brian

Bense468
12-13-2004, 11:44 PM
If you rode the PV cylinder you would change your mind. Tremendous bottom end, with no change in the top. The PV closes the roof of the exhaust port changing the port timing allowing more torque. It opens up and allows for a larger port up top. It will change the party big time for your ATV.
You would be amazed at how little you would have to shift to ride the dunes.
Brian
I can get all of the parts pretty cheap from my brother...but how much are we looking at through you or your buddies?

wsuwrhr
12-13-2004, 11:47 PM
I can get all of the parts pretty cheap from my brother...but how much are we looking at through you or your buddies?
Who is your brother? Just curious.
Did you look at Dasa's website?
I don't know the prices, but I am pretty sure they are on the site. I will look.
BTW....I am not selling these parts, the cylinders and cases can only be had at my buddies' shop.
Come on by and check it out sometime.
Brian

Bense468
12-13-2004, 11:55 PM
where are you out of. I am in La Verne

RiverRatMike
12-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Who is your brother? Just curious.
Did you look at Dasa's website?
I don't know the prices, but I am pretty sure they are on the site. I will look.
BTW....I am not selling these parts, the cylinders and cases can only be had at my buddies' shop.
Come on by and check it out sometime.
Brian
Very cool stuff there Brian! Thinking of a Raptor 350 for the G/F but also got my mind on a new Banshee.

wsuwrhr
12-14-2004, 07:24 AM
where are you out of. I am in La Verne
Riverside/Mira Loma
60 fwy and Pedley exit,1 mile east of the 60/15 interchange.
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Very cool stuff there Brian! Thinking of a Raptor 350 for the G/F but also got my mind on a new Banshee.
I am considering putting the wife on a banshee also.
Brian

TOBTEK
12-14-2004, 07:50 AM
Brian....have you contacted Cory @ Alba Yamaha/Alba action sports yet? they sell and work over one or two Banshee's a yr :rolleyes: . If you haven't you should! If its trick they can and will sell it....my take is only 10% of everything you sell :D

Krumbsnatcher
12-14-2004, 07:57 AM
I am considering putting the wife on a banshee also.
Brian
Stock Banshee with some bling for the lady. She rides at night and parties on it in the day. She loves the thing easy to ride and light. Her nickname around the camp is Pinned!
That is some impressive work, you did. We will be on the loop from X-mas day till new years. Look for the party on the point.
Oh yeah, I ride a YZ250 and prefer two-wheels.

Dave C
12-14-2004, 08:53 AM
you guys are nuts.... which is a good thing IMO! :2purples:
Thanks Jordan.
We are hoping for 130HP with a "STOCK" T-Rex cylinder on Gasoline. Probably up to 150 on full tilt.
180HP on Alcohol, and 300HP on Nitro set on kill.
Brian

GrapeApe
12-14-2004, 10:07 AM
Stock Banshee with some bling for the lady. She rides at night and parties on it in the day. She loves the thing easy to ride and light. Her nickname around the camp is Pinned!
That is some impressive work, you did. We will be on the loop from X-mas day till new years. Look for the party on the point.
Oh yeah, I ride a YZ250 and prefer two-wheels.
Krumbsnatcher - Where you at the Point on Thanksgiving? I think we met.. I was staying with SDMikey.. With the Lab Puppy...
*** Grape Ape ***

KACHINA KEN
12-16-2004, 01:39 AM
Thats crazy!! CNC is a beautiful thing.

superdave013
12-17-2004, 04:31 AM
Gotta bump the bling back up to the top. Nice work there Brian. Well, it's nicer then nice! lol