PDA

View Full Version : Njba 2005 ?

billet racing
12-04-2004, 12:41 PM
When do they announce the schedule?

bp
12-04-2004, 04:18 PM
i think at the first drivers meeting, which is usually about 10 minutes after the first warmup call :rolleyes:

bp
12-04-2004, 04:20 PM
:d

bp
12-04-2004, 04:28 PM
jerry, even though the first race will probably be in mid/late march sometime, i wouldn't expect to hear much as far as schedule until mid/late february. it just takes some time to get everything organized and firmed up with the county, and all the interested parties. that would be my best guess anyways.
need to get back to work on the yellow thing..... are you an butch gonna come back out and play?

UBFJ #454
12-04-2004, 08:50 PM
NJBA Tentative Race Dates For 2005:
Mar 19-20, April 16-17, May 21-22, June 18-19, Sept 24-25, Oct 15-16 and Nov 12-13, 2005 ... All Lake Ming (Outside Bakersfield, CA) ...
This according to Willis' last post on the subject.

Cs19
12-04-2004, 09:03 PM
March 19th-20th?? I cant wait that long. :D
How about a test and tune session after the new year out at the river? thinking early to mid feb. ? gotta blow the cobwebs out right?

UBFJ #454
12-04-2004, 09:49 PM
We won't be "Re-Rigged" by then ...

bp
12-05-2004, 07:32 AM
March 19th-20th?? I cant wait that long. :D
How about a test and tune session after the new year out at the river? thinking early to mid feb. ? gotta blow the cobwebs out right?
isn't river racin' and test and tunin the same thing :D :D :D

bp
12-05-2004, 07:37 AM
NJBA Tentative Race Dates For 2005:
Mar 19-20, April 16-17, May 21-22, June 18-19, Sept 24-25, Oct 15-16 and Nov 12-13, 2005 ... All Lake Ming (Outside Bakersfield, CA) ...
This according to Willis' last post on the subject.
this goes back to the original question. njba won't "announce" anything until they have a "relatively firm" schedule, depending on agreements with other parties, and if there are conflicts.

UBFJ #454
12-05-2004, 08:19 AM
bp -
Fully realize what your saying and know your right ... Was simply posting what Willis had last put out concerning the "Tenative" 2005 Schedule.
While March is quite awhile away, we'll probably need every day of it to get the boat back together given how far Mike now has her "Stripped Down". When this next storm blows through, we'll finish the last of the "Bottom Tweeking" Jack, Jeff, Mike and I agreed should be done as the next step ... After that, we'll modify/adjust and make some new loaders to match the "Tweeked" keel & intake area ... Have finally determined the boats Static CG (Rigged, but, w/o motor) to within about 1/4 inch for future planning calc's ...
Always something to do with a Race Boat in the "Off Season" ... Really No Off Season At All ... Just Different Types of Activities and Ways To Spend Money ... Oh Well, The Saga Continues ... Are We Having FUN Yet? Oh Yeah ... :D :D :D

BlownNitro540
12-05-2004, 09:06 AM
What happened to NJBA racing at Chowchilla?

BlownNitro540
12-05-2004, 10:20 PM
What happened to NJBA racing at Chowchilla?
Anybody?????

billet racing
12-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Yeah, me and Butch will be out to play, just in different classes. His new ride will keep him in the 10's with you. Depending what I do on this new setup, I may be there with you too. Played at the Pond with Butch, and we ran side by side. Evenly matched, except he had to keep stopping for fuel, while I cruised the whole lake waiting for him.

bp
12-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Anybody?????
the bottom line was the club lost a lot of money from that race in '03, which caused a lot of problems toward the end of that year that upset many people. this year, when it came time to decide whether to go or not, it boiled down to cost. apparently, it would have cost almost double, so we raced at ming. don't know if they will try again, could have been an insurance thing?
maybe ihba could go back there. chowchilla is a nice track to run on.

UBFJ #454
12-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I doubt the IHBA will Race @ Chowchilla in the very near future ... I think they are quite Happy with their Merced Race and that pretty much negates a Chowchilla race ... Not enough time in their year's total schedule ... But ... Who Knows, Anything Can Happen In Racing.

bp
12-06-2004, 05:34 PM
I doubt the IHBA will Race @ Chowchilla in the very near future ... I think they are quite Happy with their Merced Race and that pretty much negates a Chowchilla race ... Not enough time in their year's total schedule ... But ... Who Knows, Anything Can Happen In Racing.
well, for some years there was more than one ihba race a season at chowchilla. i think ihba would be more than happy to go back there, no matter what went on with merced. hell, i think charlie would be more than happy to support a race on any legitimate course in the state, if he's willing to go so far as san diego bay???
i've been to pretty much every ihba race in ca over the past 6 years, except merced (and sd doesn't really count), and nothing even comes close to redbluff as a true ihba event. an ihba event is red bluff, the world finals, marble falls, gadsden, augusta. ya just have to be there to understand. chowchilla usta be that way way back, so did ming way way back, so did san dimas. i cannot be convinced the market isn't there. somebody just hasn't figured out how to tap it. ali sure has it figured out up north..