PDA

View Full Version : Ever heard of Manton Pushrods???

WheelerDealer
12-04-2004, 05:53 PM
Have any of y'all heard of or seen any Manton Pushrods? I was told by a local machine shop/engine builder that they were very nice and that they would make them out of either 4130 or 4140 depending on application and that they will custom make just about any pushrod you can dream up. He said that they used to run them in Eddie's Top Fuel Motors (he was Eddie Hill's crew chief the last couple years of Eddie's career) and that they were really tough. He runs them in all of his Pro Mod motors he builds for people as well.

steelcomp
12-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Have any of y'all heard of or seen any Manton Pushrods? I was told by a local machine shop/engine builder that they were very nice and that they would make them out of either 4130 or 4140 depending on application and that they will custom make just about any pushrod you can dream up. He said that they used to run them in Eddie's Top Fuel Motors (he was Eddie Hill's crew chief the last couple years of Eddie's career) and that they were really tough. He runs them in all of his Pro Mod motors he builds for people as well.
Mantons have been around for a long time. Good push rod.

wsuwrhr
12-04-2004, 06:03 PM
No sir, I have used Smith brothers for my custom length deals.
Brian

Squirtin Thunder
12-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Mantons have been around for a long time. Good push rod.
Almost as long as Eddie !!!
Is he still around ????

WheelerDealer
12-04-2004, 06:22 PM
Eddie is definitely still around. His main hobby now is RC airplanes and helicopters. He does have a pretty cool tunnel hull V-drive with a 540BBC and a powerglide in it that he take out to the local fishing lake during the spring and summer months during the week and makes a few passes in. He is the only guy in the whole damn state that can leave his truck on the boat ramp with his trailer still in the water while he goes out to play and nobody will say anything to him. He is a legend in our home town. He also has a heavily nitrous injected C-5 Vette and a right hand drive Lola with an aluminum injected small block in it. I spent many nights as a kid hanging out in his shop...memories, memories :) :)

Squirtin Thunder
12-04-2004, 07:24 PM
Just checkin !!!

BlownNitro540
12-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Manton pushrods, are there any other?

cstraub
12-05-2004, 05:55 AM
Manton makes some of the nicest stuff.
Chris