PDA

View Full Version : Best interior cleaner??

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 08:06 AM
I finally have the sled here at the house, with my shop getting complete and want to take all the cushions completely out, as well as all the junk, and clean it 100%. Regardless if I sell it :notam: at least it will be clean. I was thinking soapy water and a soft scrub brush first then what for a final deep clean?

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 08:11 AM
I use Flite and it works good on the white.

Mrs.Racer277
12-05-2004, 08:42 AM
For cleaning forget the scrub brush. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works great. :D :D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 08:46 AM
Yea I would never even dream of putting a scrub brush on my interior :eek:

Cas
12-05-2004, 09:07 AM
I've been using Folex Carpet Stain Remover. I was cleaning a spot on the carpet and was too lazy to get out of the boat to get the vinyl cleaner so I just used the Folex, been using it ever since.

BarryMac
12-05-2004, 09:08 AM
Yeap what Mrs Racer said, Mr Clean Magic Eraser is the shit...

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 09:14 AM
I was going to use that on some of the scuffs... the scrub brush is a soft bristled brush that will not hurt or mark anything...just get into the cracks and such. I use ZEP vinyl clearner but if its not already somewhat clean it just smears the dirt around.

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Yea I would never even dream of putting a scrub brush on my interior :eek:
I my life kids spill things and dont tell you till the next day. So it will get into the cracks to completely clean the boat! Trust me, its VERY soft bristled!!

jamessampica
12-05-2004, 09:18 AM
Mrs. Racer where do you get at?
JIM S

Jordy
12-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Yeppers. Most grocery stores and even hardware stores have them. Did wonders on my boat that I clean and keep spottless all the time. Got stains out that were on it when I bought the boat and could never get out. Good stuff. :D

Mrs.Racer277
12-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Mrs. Racer where do you get at?
JIM S
Any grocery store, Target, Walmart, Drug Store, and I heard someone else on the boards say Lowes and Home Depot. I have had no trouble YET finding them. :D
Good Luck.

mike37
12-05-2004, 09:53 AM
yep they work great and you don't need anything but water with them

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 10:02 AM
I my life kids spill things and dont tell you till the next day. So it will get into the cracks to completely clean the boat! Trust me, its VERY soft bristled!!
:cry: :cry: Sorry Nash didnt know kids were involved. I know how it is tell you the next day or the next weekend. This flite cleaner works great I bought it off the net and of course Eliminator told me about it. I have had trouble with girls nail polish leaving marks on the seat then I have used meguiers leather cleaner and just rubbed the shit out of it and it has came clean.I never tried the Mr. Clean but worth a try..

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 10:15 AM
I actually had an adult with makeup on her LEGS?!?!? If thats not weird enough it made a nice tan area on the seat. Thats all cleaned up but I have the opportunity to clean this thing all the way down. All the crap...everything...comes out! We fired up the AC/heat unit yesterday and my garage is nice and toasty....time for some work.....

Bling Bling
12-05-2004, 10:18 AM
PM Tobtek, he'll send you some stuff that works great.

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 10:20 AM
I caught wind of that but then it died off....whats the scoop? Did he ever produce something shippable?

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 10:21 AM
I actually had an adult with makeup on her LEGS?!?!? If thats not weird enough it made a nice tan area on the seat. Thats all cleaned up but I have the opportunity to clean this thing all the way down. All the crap...everything...comes out! We fired up the AC/heat unit yesterday and my garage is nice and toasty....time for some work.....
Nice and toasty time for a few drinks and some manual labor. Damn adults are just as bad as the kids. I havent seen my boat in about 2 months Im gonna drive up to check on it today..

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Nice and toasty time for a few drinks and some manual labor. Damn adults are just as bad as the kids. I havent seen my boat in about 2 months Im gonna drive up to check on it today..
In storage? Dont tell me its floating somewhere still??

RP1
12-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Yep!

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 10:24 AM
I got it!!! I am giving the wife a mission today...oh, and THEN I am sending her out for the Magic Erasers :D :D :D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 10:25 AM
In storage? Dont tell me its floating somewhere still??
Oh no in DRY storage if you leave your boat outside in the winter man it takes a toll on the interior learned that a long time ago. Besides Im to anal about keeping my boat in showroom conditon

Eliminator 4 Life
Bling Bling you got a sick boat :D

RP1
I thought he gave up on that. I sent him my info, even willing to buy before I tried it, just from hearing all the good results from you guys... never heard from him again. :confused:

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh no in DRY storage if you leave your boat outside in the winter man it takes a toll on the interior learned that a long time ago. Besides Im to anal about keeping my boat in showroom conditon
I hear ya...this one has only spent 3 or 4 nights out while we were vacationing...other than that, inside is the only way. It sounds like allot of us are pretty anal about keeping things clean and in order.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Yea I hear you that is the only way to keep stuff sometimes Im so anal I cant enjoy myself kinda sucks. What kind of boat do you got and power. Do you ever come out to Havasu?

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Answered my own question read your profile nice looking boat..

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 10:33 AM
Here it is..... http://www.boattraderonline.com/addetail.html?76723207
I hate to sell it but I need twice the boat for room. I used to come to Havazoo all the time....but its a bit of a road trip now at 1800 miles :messedup: We relocated last summer to the Nashville area. Boaters paradise!!!

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 10:35 AM
Answered my own question read your profile nice looking boat..
Thanks...whats driving yours?

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Just a 496 ho nothing like you got. So what are you looking for next??

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 12:24 PM
Just a 496 ho nothing like you got. So what are you looking for next??
hmm...that is the question of the moment. I am considering three or four...
Trident....when I fly into town in two weeks I hope Wes will be around to show me his new project.
E-Ticket....I am trying within the same trip to go see Larry....
HTM...little leary on this one...seems the company might be "restucturing" and I dont want to get in the middle of something like that...
I wouldnt mind getting the new 30' Magic deck...but they are a little too proud for my wallet.
I am looking for twin HP525(to Whipple later) or Llmor V-10's. Each one of those is 300lbs lighter and that is VERY attractive.
Decisions, decisions...besides, i need to sell my sled first....according to my wife.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Yea that Trident looks pretty sweet I hope he has something at the LA show. I would like to see it in person.
E ticket I think they were mean to Bre one time so forget them :sqeyes:
I have always like HTMS since they first came out but yea I agree what does the future bring I hope they make it through it all.
You dont want to get another Ultra?

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 12:41 PM
I would take another Ultra over anything else....just John doesnt have a deck top for the Shadow yet. If he would do it, I would take it....DONE. VERY few people have my trust like John does..I am sure I could just make a phone call and not have to worry about what he's doing...its always top notch.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Well maybe we will have some suprises at the boat show in Jan/ Feb

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Well maybe we will have some suprises at the boat show in Jan/ Feb
We can only hope.....

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 01:12 PM
How did that interior come out??

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 01:24 PM
How did that interior come out??
Wife just now brought the Mr Clean pads back home. Tomorrow morning I am all over it.

LAVEYSABRE575
12-05-2004, 01:28 PM
i use 3m clean and shine works great it also cleans the threads and pours within the vinyl. I hear that magic erasure works good i also heard it cleans so deep thast it removes the uv protection thats built into the vinyl not good...derek

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 01:33 PM
i use 3m clean and shine works great it also cleans the threads and pours within the vinyl. I hear that magic erasure works good i also heard it cleans so deep thast it removes the uv protection thats built into the vinyl not good...derek
I'm going to use very mild warm water with dish soap(get the easy stuff off), then work into the pads... I've ruined enough stuff with harsh cleaners.... thanks for the heads up tho...

TOBTEK
12-05-2004, 01:49 PM
I thought he gave up on that. I sent him my info, even willing to buy before I tried it, just from hearing all the good results from you guys... never heard from him again. :confused:
noooooooo, WE haven't given up yet. We are still pushing to be OFFICAL the first of this next River season. Just laying low untill we are ready. Sorry If I didnt return your message about wanting some goodies......my BAD.

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 02:04 PM
noooooooo, WE haven't given up yet. We are still pushing to be OFFICAL the first of this next River season. Just laying low untill we are ready. Sorry If I didnt return your message about wanting some goodies......my BAD.
You happen to get me e-mail today?

Tom Brown
12-05-2004, 02:08 PM
Yeap what Mrs Racer said, Mr Clean Magic Eraser is the shit...
I recall reading some generally positive opinions on one of the boating web sites.

TOBTEK
12-05-2004, 02:12 PM
You happen to get me e-mail today?
NO, didn't get a P/m from you.....whats up?

NashvilleBound
12-05-2004, 02:25 PM
NO, didn't get a P/m from you.....whats up?
I sent it reg e-mail. Just looking to get some of this "Supper Whammy" cleaner i have heard so much about.

riverroyal
12-06-2004, 04:59 PM
mr clean is the best so far,just buy alot of them,they tear easy

MAINEVENT
12-06-2004, 05:02 PM
The Mrs used Oxyclean and made a paste out of it with a sponge and my white interior came out really good

RP1
12-06-2004, 08:46 PM
No worries... let me know when your ready to unload some product ;)

Big_Gunz_
12-06-2004, 08:47 PM
mr clean is the best so far,just buy alot of them,they tear easy
Ditto, Mr Clean is the best to clean just about anything....

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Shaving Cream.....
No shit.......Shaving Cream......
CJG
;)

voodoomedman
12-06-2004, 09:44 PM
I would take another Ultra over anything else....just John doesnt have a deck top for the Shadow yet. If he would do it, I would take it....DONE. VERY few people have my trust like John does..I am sure I could just make a phone call and not have to worry about what he's doing...its always top notch.
Nashville's right. One phone call to John West and everything is taken care of. Period.
Nashville have you talke to john about a deck top???? Are they think about doing it any time soon???? Maybe by the time you actually get your sled sold......

Sleek-Jet
12-06-2004, 10:46 PM
Well, since no one else has said it.... gasoline and a match works for me. :D It will make even the most stuborn stain disappear. :D

NashvilleBound
12-07-2004, 05:55 AM
Nashville's right. One phone call to John West and everything is taken care of. Period.
Nashville have you talke to john about a deck top???? Are they think about doing it any time soon???? Maybe by the time you actually get your sled sold......
We talked breifly when i first wanted to list my sled on his site...he said he's a few years out. If thats changed, I do not know. My last ad for the season expires tomorrow...and thats it for advertising till April. Thats going to screw me if it sell in the beginning of the season.

Kwicherbichen
12-07-2004, 06:03 AM
Agree, that stuff worked awesome on my white interior

NashvilleBound
12-07-2004, 06:37 AM
Agree, that stuff worked awesome on my white interior
I e mailed him AND talked to him on this thread...no answers....

RiverOtter
12-07-2004, 06:41 AM
I have found the best interior cleaner to be the dude I pay to clean the dam thing :D

NashvilleBound
12-07-2004, 06:57 AM
I have found the best interior cleaner to be the dude I pay to clean the dam thing :D
Speaking of that, who is the finest detail company in this area? I guess I should call Performance Marine and the like to get some references.

RiverOtter
12-07-2004, 06:59 AM
Speaking of that, who is the finest detail company in this area? I guess I should call Performance Marine and the like to get some references.
Don't know about Nashville. BTW, Rented 2 buses and taking the ee's to Opry Mills to day :sleeping: I hear there is a good bar/grill there. Could be fun.

NashvilleBound
12-07-2004, 07:01 AM
Don't know about Nashville. BTW, Rented 2 buses and taking the ee's to Opry Mills to day :sleeping: I hear there is a good bar/grill there. Could be fun.
You've got 2 bus loads of ISM's coming into Opry Mills today??? I would have to take me life at that point. Don't know of any bars in or around Opry Mills...its all old fogies Course I am free....uh, ya, and could come downtown to one of the many and get tore up with you....then I can sneek you back there all stammering...no one would ever have a clue:) :idea:

RiverOtter
12-07-2004, 07:04 AM
You've got 2 bus loads of ISM's coming into Opry Mills today??? I would have to take me life at that point. Don't know of any bars in or around Opry Mills...its all old fogies Course I am free....uh, ya, and could come downtown to one of the many and get tore up with you....then I can sneek you back there all stammering...no one would ever have a clue:) :idea:
There is a huge bar / grill / food / pool / games etc. Can't remember the name though. After I hit the Bass Pro Shop that's where I'll be. :cool:

NashvilleBound
12-07-2004, 07:05 AM
There is a huge bar / grill / food / pool / games etc. Can't remember the name though. After I hit the Bass Pro Shop that's where I'll be. :cool:
For the love of God PAH-LEASE tell me you are not going to go into the bass pro shops to hang out......

RiverOtter
12-07-2004, 07:14 AM
For the love of God PAH-LEASE tell me you are not going to go into the bass pro shops to hang out......
No No No Not to hand out. I figure that will be the only shop I may have some small shread of intrest in. After that it's to the bar :D

Desert Rat
12-07-2004, 07:14 AM
DITTO....The things work great!!

simple
12-07-2004, 07:23 AM
Since Magic Eraser is a cleaner (a very good one), it doesn't 'dress' the vinyl. Step 2 is to take a Turtle Wax product called '2001' Leather/Vinyl dressing. It takes only 5 minutes to spray on & wipe off & your upholstery looks showroom. It also lubricates & has UV protection to boot. It comes in a green spray bottle & you can get it at Pep Boys or any auto parts store for around $4. :idea:

HPB
12-07-2004, 09:24 AM
OK I have a question? What about the motor and the jet ? and the water spots that vinager cant get ?

TOBTEK
12-07-2004, 09:46 AM
NVB....if you email at TOBTEK@AOL.com I will get a email. dont know whats up with the P/M system on here. Sorry for any hassels. We are talking with our Chemist, bottling company, to try to get everything going by this next season......alot more work than I ever could imagine.

NashvilleBound
12-07-2004, 10:06 AM
OK I have a question? What about the motor and the jet ? and the water spots that vinager cant get ?
Jet? Jets, as in like injectors? I know you cant be talking about jet boats...arent those disposable yearly?

ULTRA21XS
12-07-2004, 10:58 AM
Go To The .99 Store And Buy A Bottle Of Asome Best Stuff There