PDA

View Full Version : 2" leveling kit

NewGuy
12-05-2004, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know if the 2" leveling kit from ORU will work on my 04 Sub 2500 4x4??

Jordy
12-05-2004, 09:23 AM
What are you trying to level? The stink bug look? Just crank the torsion bars up a little bit and it will level itself out. Won't cost ya a dime. ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Yea that is an idea if you want the front end all hoppy. But I dont have any other suggestions for just 2 inches..

Jordy
12-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Yea that is an idea if you want the front end all hoppy. But I dont have any other suggestions for just 2 inches..
Really? Gee, I never have had any problem. Did it on my company truck as well as my own truck. Both of them ride the same. Hell, my truck is clearing 285's, and it's all done with torsion bars. Been very loyal to me. ;)
Thanks for your input though. :wink:
2 inches is easy with the torsions. Only have to run them about 1/2 way in. :cool:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8193&stc=1

Jordy
12-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Oh, and another thing, what do you think the leveling kit is???
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/store/images/60007_large.jpg
Reindexed torsion keys. Essetially crank up the torsions by changing the position of the key way. The torsions go up without making the adjustment.
I put them on mine and got them from the dealer for less than the $70 that ORU wants.
Save your money and just run in the adjusters a little bit. Like I said, 2" is easy to get with the stock keys.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Really didnt know they made a leveling kit. you mean to tell me you dont notice I difference after you crank the torsion bars up on your truck well for fawks sake you must be god

Jordy
12-05-2004, 12:26 PM
Really didnt know they made a leveling kit. you mean to tell me you dont notice I difference after you crank the torsion bars up on your truck well for fawks sake you must be god
Do you really want to go down this road? :idea:
Apparently there are lots of things you don't know and are talking out of your ass in this thread. Go to OffroadUnlimited.com and click Chevy/GMC. The picture I posted was from their site and shows the "Leveling Kit" which essentially adjusts the torsions with out changing the set screws through the use of reindexed keys. As I suggested, having done in on more than a couple of trucks, New Guy should just save his money and adjust the ones he has. You don't need the reindexed keys to gain 2" and if you did, you can get them from the dealer for less than the $70 that ORU wants for them. I think I paid around $50 for mine.
And to restate, no, I didn't notice much of a difference in the ride on either one of my HD's. Did I stutter above? I have 20K on one and 60K on the other. Both Duramaxes. Do you have any experience with the torsions and adjustment or are you just making shit up as you go?
Why not stick to something you know a little more about, like gel coat perhaps?
New Guy, if you're only looking to level the truck out, just adjust your torsions. Pay no attention to Elim 4 Life as he is a gelcoat expert and obviously has shown what he knows about trucks in this thread. :sleeping: :D :jawdrop: :D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Yea I have no idea what Im talking about what are those 16's on your truck

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 12:33 PM
thats funny my buddy owns a shop and I have the torsion bars cranked everytime. and everytime I notice a difference vs factory. Especially the last time I really notice it when going over speed bumbs but who am I since I dont know shit.. Its funny I got the truck in my drive way..

Jordy
12-05-2004, 12:40 PM
Yea I have no idea what Im talking about what are those 16's on your truck
You're right, you have no idea. The question was about leveling kits and you come in here and start running your mouth about something you know nothing about.
NewGuy asked about a leveling kit.
I suggest that he just adjust the torsion bars and be done with it.
You respond:
So you don't have any suggestions, and obviously don't know shit, but you keep going. The smart thing for you to do would be to look at ORU and see what they're talking about first. But no, it's better to just keep talking out your ass.
Really didnt know they made a leveling kit.
So why are you even replying to something you don't know shit about? Your words.
you mean to tell me you dont notice I difference after you crank the torsion bars up on your truck well for fawks sake you must be god
Why must I be god? I said I don't notice a difference and I have done it to both trucks I have now and drive them on a daily basis. Is that hard for you to understand? It's my personal experience that I didn't notice a difference. I'm trying to help a guy out here and let him keep his $70 in his pocket, plus whatever they charge for installation. You're just trying to up your post count.
As far as my truck having 16" wheels? Who gives a flying f uck? I looked at 18's and while they look good, I acutally use my truck for work on occasion and pull substantial amounts of weight behind it. Aside from the bleak selection of 8 lug 18" wheels when I bought my truck (almost 2 years ago), the fact that the amount of weight they would put up with dropped substantially. I'll stick with my 16's gelcoat king. :boxed:
So do you actually have anything substantive to add on leveling kit offered by ORU, or perhaps you can refute my experiences with doing the same thing. Come on, tell me how I think my truck rides. You're the one who knows everything here. :notam: :rolleyes:

Jordy
12-05-2004, 12:44 PM
thats funny my buddy owns a shop and I have the torsion bars cranked everytime. and everytime I notice a difference vs factory.
You have the torsions cranked everytime? Do they come undone? I did mine once and left it alone. See you notice a difference. That's an entirely different statment than the one you made earlier when I said that I didn't.
Especially the last time I really notice it when going over speed bumbs but who am I since I dont know shit..
Again, your experience. Now we're getting somewhere beyond the blanket bullshit statment you made earlier. Oh, and over the course of the last couple days, you have indeed proven that you don't know shit. :hammer2:
Its funny I got the truck in my drive way..
Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on? Is is loyal to you though? :D
Gee, I have 2 in my driveway. Does that make me cool like you? :jawdrop: :D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Ha ha all worked up over nothing relax have some :coffeycup .. All Im saying is there is a difference in ride that I have noticed and for the cheapest way you are right the torsion bars are the way to go. I never knew they made a leveling kit for IFS. If and as soon as I can Im gonna put a CST lift on my truck. For two reasons I want my stock ride back and I heard from someone that when you crank the torsion bars all the way it starts to wear out stuff in the front end :D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Oh yea forgot to mention the GMC has been LOYAL to me after I had to lemon law my FORD :hammer2:

Jordy
12-05-2004, 12:48 PM
I heard from someone that when you crank the torsion bars all the way it starts to wear out stuff in the front end :D
Let me guess, he was trying to sell you a lift??? I heard the same thing, then talked to a buddy who works at an offroad shop. Said there is nothing wrong with it or they wouldn't make the adjusment possible with factory parts. Why would someone tell you that what you're doing is fine if they're trying to sell you $3000 worth of lift and install??? :hammerhea

Eliminator 4 Life
12-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Well the same guy that told me the torsion bars cranked would wear out the front end also said I could fit my 18s with the toyo 285 60 18 with out touching anything and it wouldnt rub of course I didnt beleive that cause I have done this wheel and tire before on my yukon

BLOWN HOWARD
12-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Let me guess, he was trying to sell you a lift??? I heard the same thing, then talked to a buddy who works at an offroad shop. Said there is nothing wrong with it or they wouldn't make the adjusment possible with factory parts. Why would someone tell you that what you're doing is fine if they're trying to sell you $3000 worth of lift and install??? :hammerhea
Hot Dam i hope you havent paid 3k for a lift and install if soo let me sell you the next one!!!

Jordy
12-05-2004, 03:01 PM
Hot Dam i hope you havent paid 3k for a lift and install if soo let me sell you the next one!!!
Did you read any of the thread? :hammerhea

XtrmWakeborder
12-05-2004, 03:53 PM
LOL JP, i think this guy is out to get yah :argue: New guy just crank the torsion bars up, it's done ALL THE TIME

FunOnTheWater
12-05-2004, 05:44 PM
Reading this thread makes me laugh :hammerhea on the Chevy you can do the torsion bars and be fine :hammerhea pretty much known fact :hammerhea
JP said some good things, going back and forth will get you no where :hammerhea but also saying shit makes me laugh at what childish games you play :hammerhea

Chris Winn
12-06-2004, 10:48 AM
hey Jordan,
i just got a new 05 2500 sub, can i fit the 285 75 16 with the torsion cranked up (i am running the big block),
i know that with the allison trans (which i do not have) that come in the 2500 either diesel or gas trucks (in HD form) requires the 1" body spacers to fit the tranny.
the question is: will the 285's still fit on mine? i am going to stick with the stock (forged) rims so the offset will remanin the same.
thanks
Chris

Jordy
12-06-2004, 10:53 AM
hey Jordan,
i just got a new 05 2500 sub, can i fit the 285 75 16 with the torsion cranked up (i am running the big block),
i know that with the allison trans (which i do not have) that come in the 2500 either diesel or gas trucks (in HD form) requires the 1" body spacers to fit the tranny.
the question is: will the 285's still fit on mine? i am going to stick with the stock (forged) rims so the offset will remanin the same.
thanks
Chris
The easiest thing to do would be to have your tire guy mount one up and try it out. Seems to me others have done it with the stock offset and standard witdh wheels with no problem. Your best bet would be just to try it out and see. I had some rubbing with mine, but I'm also on a 10" wheel, rather than the 8" that most people put on to replace the stock wheels. You'll be taller, but also narrower. Mine rubbed on the outside of the tires on the bumper and valance until I made some more adjustments.
My understanding is the HD has 2" body lift to clear the allison in the tranny tunnel.

Goodtime$
12-06-2004, 11:25 AM
My buddy has that kit, 2inch leveling kit for sale, he decided on the RCD 5inch beastmaster mobile.
its for sale for cheap, PM for his #.
the kit includes the torsion things and an updated lower shock mount. ALL NEW
located in Newport beach

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 12:03 PM
hey Jordan,
thanks
Chris
Chris I dont think you should ask Jordan this question he is not a certified tire expert you need to talk to a profesional

Chris Winn
12-06-2004, 02:27 PM
thanks Jordan,
i will go over to the 4 wheel parts wholsalers this weekend to check it out (they are cool with trying different combo's)
sorry i didn't know it was 2 inch, i had heard somewhere that it was a 1" spacer but 2 would make sense with the wheel dimentions that you are able to fit.
i might just go with the 265's and level the front a bit withthe bars adjusted to keep it more usable, i will be offroading it up at our ranch and rubbing would not be a good thing.
once again thanks,

Chris Winn
12-06-2004, 02:29 PM
My buddy has that kit, 2inch leveling kit for sale, he decided on the RCD 5inch beastmaster mobile.
its for sale for cheap, PM for his #.
the kit includes the torsion things and an updated lower shock mount. ALL NEW
located in Newport beach
thanks,
but i would need to know if the updatd lower shock mount will mess with my autoride, i really like that and don't want to mess with it if it will alter the autoride funtion.

Jordy
12-06-2004, 02:38 PM
Chris I dont think you should ask Jordan this question he is not a certified tire expert you need to talk to a profesional
Still want to keep going huh? I don't think anyone should ask you anything because it's obvious you don't know shit. :wink: :cool:
If you would actually read and understand what was being said in any of the posts in this thread, you wouldn't have even bothered to post here.
No, I'm not a tire expert. That's why I said he should go somewhere and have a tire mounted up and check clearance. I hope that anyone would do some investigating rather than just taking whatever is thrown out on the boards as gospel. Especially if you're the one talking. :)

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 02:50 PM
fawk and you know everything what are you a jack ass of all trades.. ha ha

Chris Winn
12-06-2004, 02:50 PM
Still want to keep going huh? I don't think anyone should ask you anything because it's obvious you don't know shit. :wink: :cool:
i rather talk to someone who has done it or at least tried...... :cool:
Jordan has shown that he knows his sh*t on occasion, he has been helpful in the past in answering questions on many technical subjects...
but thats just my $.02 worth....

Jordy
12-06-2004, 02:53 PM
fawk and you know everything what are you a jack ass of all trades.. ha ha
Ha ha. Yeah, you got me good there. Slipped ass in behind jack... that's funny... :eek: :hammerhea :wink:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 02:59 PM
i rather talk to someone who has done it or at least tried...... :cool:
Jordan has shown that he knows his sh*t on occasion, he has been helpful in the past in answering questions on many technical subjects...
but thats just my $.02 worth....
Chris that is good you have your trust in Jordan all Im saying to you was to talk to a guy that does this shit for a living........

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Ha ha. Yeah, you got me good there. Slipped ass in behind jack... that's funny... :eek: :hammerhea :wink:
:2purples:

Jordy
12-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Chris that is good you have your trust in Jordan all Im saying to you was to talk to a guy that does this shit for a living........
That's exactly what I told him. Do you not understand what you read? It's not that hard. Why don't you go back and reread it before you decide to keep running your mouth.
Here, the first line in my response:
The easiest thing to do would be to have your tire guy mount one up and try it out.
You must have missed that part genius.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 03:05 PM
naw I decide to run my mouth because i write the checks and then I cash them :yuk:

Chris Winn
12-06-2004, 03:15 PM
hey guys,
i appriciate everyones input, i do look into all of it. in the past Jordan has given some good advice on parts, i can see both of your sides, i just choose to stick to the reson why i came here in the 1st place (the feedback)
have fun.

mike37
12-06-2004, 08:31 PM
I'M going to have to agree with Jody
on this one if you are just trying to level your truck
just crank the torsion adjustment and have the alignment checked

98 Vector 21
12-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Just heat up the rear springs to your desired level...Dont worry about the caster or camber your tire guy will love you! :jawdrop:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 08:42 PM
I'M going to have to agree with Jody
on this one if you are just trying to level your truck
just crank the torsion adjustment and have the alignment checked
Hey Mike read above all I said is the ride is stiffer and you get some front end hop over speed bumbs to some people that matters but thanks.............

Havasu Hangin'
12-06-2004, 09:00 PM
thanks,
but i would need to know if the updatd lower shock mount will mess with my autoride, i really like that and don't want to mess with it if it will alter the autoride funtion.
Chris-
I tried 295's on my Sub, and no-go. Not even close.
The Autoride on the 2500 is just in the shocks- it doesn't have a compressor like the 1500.
RCD makes a kit that will keep the stock shocks (and Autoride). I used a Fabtec 6" lift with the RCD shock mounts, and it rides like stock.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/lifted_sub.jpg
Custom Motorsports in Corona did mine. Everyone I called said the same thing..."yeah...I've heard about that...never done one, though..."

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 09:07 PM
HH nice looking rig :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-06-2004, 09:15 PM
HH nice looking rig :D
Thanks.
You're not going to make fun of my rims, are you? :idea:
:D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Nope the weld cheynne 8s are nice

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 09:18 PM
But tomorrow when you go to togos you need to get some armor all for those tires ha ha

Havasu Hangin'
12-06-2004, 09:28 PM
But tomorrow when you go to togos you need to get some armor all for those tires ha ha
Well...they're Velocitis...Mr. "EVO 4 LIFE". :idea: Now you know why I like "Subs"....
I'm thinking GRASS PAY$ "bling bling" setup is for you...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/grass_blings_2.jpg
:jawdrop:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Velocity 8s a great wheel I almost got them myself. Thanks for the pic of the bling bling they almost look like my wheel. By the way liked the sub joke :D

Havasu Hangin'
12-07-2004, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the pic of the bling bling they almost look like my wheel.
Those are 40's on 22's. The only other guy I know that has those is unionjack...
...but then again he wants to be just like GRASS PAY$ when he grows up. :supp:

BLOWN HOWARD
12-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Those are 40's on 22's. The only other guy I know that has those is unionjack...
...but then again he wants to be just like GRASS PAY$ when he grows up. :supp:
40's on 22's those are getting pretty popular around here!!!

Eliminator 4 Life
12-07-2004, 07:53 AM
man that is a lot of bling bling almost 2 feet of it. HH Whos truck is that if you got somemore pics I would like to see Thanks :D

Chris Winn
12-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Chris-
I tried 295's on my Sub, and no-go. Not even close.
The Autoride on the 2500 is just in the shocks- it doesn't have a compressor like the 1500.
RCD makes a kit that will keep the stock shocks (and Autoride). I used a Fabtec 6" lift with the RCD shock mounts, and it rides like stock.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/lifted_sub.jpg
Custom Motorsports in Corona did mine. Everyone I called said the same thing..."yeah...I've heard about that...never done one, though..."
thanks HH,
your sub looks great!, i will contact them to see what they can do, did you have them lower the gears while you were at it?
i am going to be putting on a set of the velocity 8's, i had them on my wifes hummer, IMHO those are the best looking wheels out there.
have you done any upgrades to the motor, i am thinking a a Gibson and airbox (power is good now, but if i can help the economy of the sub a bit....)
thanks.

BADAXE
12-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Thanks.
You're not going to make fun of my rims, are you? :idea:
Yah, now that you mention it, what are those things, like 13's or something. :idea: :D :rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
12-07-2004, 03:34 PM
thanks HH,
your sub looks great!, i will contact them to see what they can do, did you have them lower the gears while you were at it?
i am going to be putting on a set of the velocity 8's, i had them on my wifes hummer, IMHO those are the best looking wheels out there.
have you done any upgrades to the motor, i am thinking a a Gibson and airbox (power is good now, but if i can help the economy of the sub a bit....)
thanks.
Thanks, Chris.
With the 3.78 gears, the 33's are only a 10% difference (or so). So far, I think I'll get by without a switch on the gears.
I plan on adding the Wester's tune, but I wanted to get the dual exhaust first. I called Flowmaster, and they are still working on a kit that will lessen the resonance that the 8.1's have with the 40 and 50 series mufflers. They said to hang tight for 30 days or so. This is my wife's daily driver, so I didn't want the exhaust too obnoxious...
Yeah...the mileage sucks. Sometimes, the "instant" MPG reading "1" is kinda depressing... :hammer2:
Evo 4 Life- I'll see if I can dig up a pic of Joey's truck.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks Brother how was lunch today :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
12-07-2004, 04:03 PM
Yah, now that you mention it, what are those things, like 13's or something. :idea: :D :rolleyes:
Oh...everybody's a comedian, eh? :notam:

Havasu Hangin'
12-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Here you go, partner...
http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/grass_blings_3.jpg
I'll see if he has a daytime shot with his boat...

Eliminator 4 Life
12-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Oh...everybody's a comedian, eh? :notam:
Have you seen union jacks avatar hes talking shit too :cool:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Nice truck does he got a matching boat too even better if its a Eliminator haha

Havasu Hangin'
12-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Have you seen union jacks avatar hes talking shit too :cool:
Take a look at it again... ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
12-07-2004, 06:26 PM
That is fawkin great ROTFLMAO how did you do that

Havasu Hangin'
12-07-2004, 06:29 PM
That is fawkin great ROTFLMAO how did you do that
Being a moderator has it's privledges...

Eliminator 4 Life
12-07-2004, 06:37 PM
that it does its all for shits and giggles I wonder who else saw it :cool:

DogHouse
12-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Nice thread you guys got goin here... :rolleyes: :D
Ok, my 2 cents, worth about 1/2 that on a good day:
Cranking up the torsions is a cheap way to get a little lift. However, it compromises ride quality, no doubt about it. The reason is that the "sag" in the suspension is reduced, limiting the ability of the wheel to move downward from its normal ride height to conform to a pothole or the backside of a speedbump, etc. I had the bars cranked in my 2500hd and never really liked the ride. Now I drive a Dodge so I must be an idiot; don't listen to me. :D
40s on 20s just don't do it for me. Saw one at Windsor this weekend and well um, ok, never mind, just not for me. Probably belongs to someone on these boards! ;)
:cool:
ps: Elim4life, you sure seem to have a way of making friends! :hammerhea :p :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
12-07-2004, 07:42 PM
40s on 20s just don't do it for me.
But 22's are OK?

DogHouse
12-07-2004, 07:53 PM
But 22's are OK?
Of course!

Havasu Hangin'
12-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Of course!
We'll have to get you a new screenname..
Dog "bling bling" House
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//person/fro.gif

DogHouse
12-07-2004, 08:20 PM
Yo yo wut up dog.
Right...
-Dog "still sportin 17s" House

Havasu Hangin'
12-07-2004, 08:25 PM
Yo yo wut up dog.
Right...
-Dog "still sportin 17s" House
yo yo yo ...you be big pimpin' rolin 17's...
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//person/pimpflash.gif
Dog "DUB" House?
http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de//person/djsi.gif
Holla back, ya'll...

DogHouse
12-07-2004, 08:32 PM
My boy Patrick (aka Roln20s) rollin some badass chrome 22s these days. Too bad he got a puny 1/2 ton or I'd be midnight shoppin at his crib!

jbtrailerjim
12-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Take a look at it again... ;)
LMAO......That is just too freakin funny. :D :D :D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Cranking up the torsions is a cheap way to get a little lift. However, it compromises ride quality, no doubt about it. The reason is that the "sag" in the suspension is reduced, limiting the ability of the wheel to move downward from its normal ride height to conform to a pothole or the backside of a speedbump, etc. I had the bars cranked in my 2500hd and never really liked the ride. Now I drive a Dodge so I must be an idiot; don't listen to me. :D
40s on 20s just don't do it for me. Saw one at Windsor this weekend and well um, ok, never mind, just not for me. Probably belongs to someone on these boards! ;)
ps: Elim4life, you sure seem to have a way of making friends! :hammerhea :p :cool:
Hey dog house thanks man so you agree the ride is different with cranked torsion bars yea :shift:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 11:51 AM
sorry double post :hammer2:

BLOWN HOWARD
12-08-2004, 01:56 PM
Hey dog house thanks man so you agree the ride is different with cranked torsion bars yea :shift:
Your an idiot to think that the ride is not going to change when you turn up the torsions like dog house said your loosing your downward travel when you do this. It might not be that big of a deal to most considering your getting 2''s for free but to some its not worth it,

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Oh I know it changes but Jordan has been arguing with me for 3 pages that you dont notice it..............

Jordy
12-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Oh I know it changes but Jordan has been arguing with me for 3 pages that you dont notice it..............
Christ, you're like a little fu cking girl. Why don't you just let it go already?
The first page was torsion bars. We covered that. Then you wanted to talk about tires, proved you're an idiot there too. This is my first post since the top of the second page. Why don't you just leave my name out of your bullshit from here on out?
You went from a 1/2 ton Tahoe to a 3/4 ton truck. Gee, think there is going to be any difference in ride there at all? Hmmm... My last 4 trucks have been 3/4 ton and above. I don't think mine rides bad at all. I did pull the gas shocks off it and put some off road non gas charged on it. Same thing I've done with all my trucks. And I don't have a problem. That's been my point in this whole thread. Your point has been to prove that you don't know what you're talking about over and over and over. :sleeping: :D :idea:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Come on Jordan I hope you are having a great day. Blown howard borught it up and called me an idiot if i didnt think it was different I just wanted to let him know I didnt think it was different I KNEW IT WAS.....

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Well second and foremost I went from a 2003 yukon which I had 8 months to a fawkin 2004 ford f250 diesel to a 2004 gmc 2500HD Duramax.. All IM saying is even the smartest box of rocks could notice a ride difference, And just so you know I drive UPS trucks for a living so dont bring this half ton shit into it.. Now kick back and drink a beer in fact ill buy it for you :D

Jordy
12-08-2004, 03:32 PM
All IM saying is even the smartest box of rocks could notice a ride difference,
Oh, so I'm dumb now, because I don't notice a ride difference??? You're the one who has proven your intellectual might over and over again in this thread and others.
Here, from Off Road Unlimited's website:
2500 HD 2" Leveling Kit
The ORU HD leveling kit is the proper way to level your trucks factory height without overloading the torsion bars, which causes a harsh ride and accelerated front end wear. These cogs level the truck, allowing the installation of 33” tires. Installation must be accompanied by a professional alignment.
Read it yourself at www.offroadunlimited.com
Or from the leveling kit (which you didn't even know existed. C'mon, you're the expert here) http://www.offroadunlimited.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_84_62&products_id=123
Maybe you should call them and tell them that they're dumb for not noticing a ride difference, afterall, you are the expert here. Hell, maybe you should sue them for false advertising.
I'm done with you now as it's not worth the keystrokes. :jawdrop:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Fawk your an idiot it says right there with overloading the torsion bars and causes a harsh ride and accelerated front end wear.. Man you just burried yourself with this one.. Damn I love it when Im right :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jordy
12-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Fawk your an idiot it says right there with overloading the torsion bars and causes a harsh ride and accelerated front end wear.. Man you just burried yourself with this one..
Once again, reading comprehension escapes your dumbass. Oh and you're an idiot. At least try and get the grammar right before hurling insults. Might help you look a little less ignorant.
Here, allow me to translate it for you:
The kit adjusts the ride height WITHOUT overloading the torsion bars. That would mean that it doesn't create a rough ride. I know this is hard for you, but I'm trying to help you out.
http://www.offroadunlimited.com/store/images/60007_large.jpg
These are what we're talking about here, remember these? Maybe pictures will work for you better than the words do. This is the leveling kit. Esentially the same thing as turning the bars up a little bit, only without actually turning the bars up.
Damn I love it when Im right
Make sure that you wake me up when that happens, as I haven't seen it yet with all the bullshit you post. :rolleyes: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
That's it. I'm done. Welcome to ignore, jackass. Oh, nice Lavey gel splash on your eliminator. Very original, even though eliminator never splashes anyones' design right? :rolleyes:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:55 PM
Yea where is your boat exactly......... Secondly you didnt prove a thing alll your showing me is some bullshit about a leveling kit I dont give a fawk about the kit Im saying crank the torsion bars you get a different ride if you dont think so your a freakin idiot. you call off road unlimited and maybe they will tell you you are an idiot since you are so hard headed and you dont listen to anyone. i told you blown howard told you what does it take.. Just admit you are wrong you are like a punk ass kid that is afraid to admit hes wrong or he doesnt know.. Grow some balls and just say you dont know its allright we are all still gonna be your friend.......

DogHouse
12-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey, my father more or less invented long travel for off road bikes and cars and holds several suspension patents (no bullsh!t). Is it ok if I talk suspension?

Jordy
12-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Hey, my father more or less invented long travel for off road bikes and cars and holds several suspension patents (no bullsh!t). Is it ok if I talk suspension?
As long as we do it over a cold beer sometime. You pick the bar and I'll be there. :D

mike37
12-08-2004, 04:51 PM
jordys first post
What are you trying to level? The stink bug look? Just crank the torsion bars up a little bit and it will level itself out. Won't cost ya a dime.
first off I think this is a good way to do it without buying the kit
#2(won't cost ya a dime) wrong if you dont spend some cash and get an alignment your tire's will were out faster. more money
#3 now jordy is pushing the kit that he says is a wast of money
make up your mind flip flop jordy
The kit adjusts the ride height WITHOUT overloading the torsion bars. That would mean that it doesn't create a rough ride. I know this is hard for you, but I'm trying to help you out.
now his own post tels us that you shouldn't just crank the torsion bars
because it does all the things that he said it wouldn't do
so witch one of your post are right
you are wrong one one of them witch one?????

DogHouse
12-08-2004, 04:52 PM
As long as we do it over a cold beer sometime. You pick the bar and I'll be there. :D
Rock Bottom, Desert Ridge, is that east side enough for you?
Or maybe some place with some pool tables?

phebus
12-08-2004, 04:52 PM
sorry double post :hammer2:
One of your posts is one too many. Two is unbearable!! :messedup:

Jordy
12-08-2004, 05:20 PM
so witch one of your post are right
you are wrong one one of them witch one?????
Mike, none of my posts are a witch.
However, which one of them? They're all saying the same thing. I was pointing out that Off Road Unlimited, by using the kit they offer, essentially adjusts the torsion bars, and they claim it doesn't change the ride. Which is what I have said based upon MY OWN experiences having done it on 3 trucks now.
Mike(myIQis)37, here is your IQ chart again.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8257&stc=1
Based upon that, I wouldn't expect your retard ass to understand it either. Why not go back to bench racers and get smacked around there some more too. After all, you are the dumbest member with the slowest boat there. They need you. :sleeping: :wink: :hammerhea
Rock Bottom, Desert Ridge, is that east side enough for you?
Or maybe some place with some pool tables?
I'm always down with Desert Ridge. Fridays is good. The Keg is good (lots of scenery there), Rock Bottom is good (although I haven't been to the one there, usually go to the one at Shea and 101). Let me know. :D

mike37
12-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Mike, none of my posts are a witch.
However, which one of them? They're all saying the same thing. I was pointing out that Off Road Unlimited, by using the kit they offer, essentially adjusts the torsion bars, and they claim it doesn't change the ride.
I wouldn't expect your retard ass to understand it either. Why not go back to bench racers and get smacked around there some more too. After all, you are the dumbest member with the slowest boat there.
Really? Gee, I never have had any problem. Did it on my company truck as well as my own truck. Both of them ride the same.
your earlier post says that adjusting the torsion bars doesn't Chang the ride
so why would any one need the kit

Jordy
12-08-2004, 05:33 PM
your earlier post says that adjusting the torsion bars doesn't Chang the ride
so why would any one need the kit
OK, one last time retard. They don't need the kit. The kit adjusts the torsions. I said adjust the torsions. I'm using the kit to demonstrate that someone other than myself believes that adjusting the torsions doesn't change the ride. Off Road Unlimited sells the kit, which adjust the torsions, and claim that it doesn't change the ride. What would they know right? They're only in the business.
To recap, the kit is a waste of money. You can get it cheaper from your GM dealer if you wanted to go that route. For the 2" that New Guy was looking for, he can gain that by a small adjustment to the torsions. He doesn't need the kit. I was using the information on the kit, that adjusts the torsions, to show that it doesn't change the ride.
Understand now dummy? :hammer2:

mike37
12-08-2004, 05:39 PM
OK, one last time retard. They don't need the kit. The kit adjusts the torsions. I said adjust the torsions. I'm using the kit to demonstrate that someone other than myself believes that adjusting the torsions doesn't change the ride. Off Road Unlimited sells the kit, which adjust the torsions, and claim that it doesn't change the ride. What would they know right? They're only in the business.
To recap, the kit is a waste of money. You can get it cheaper from your GM dealer if you wanted to go that route. For the 2" that New Guy was looking for, he can gain that by a small adjustment to the torsions. He doesn't need the kit. I was using the information on the kit, that adjusts the torsions, to show that it doesn't change the ride.
Understand now dummy? :hammer2:
OK why would any business make a kit that no one needs?????

Jordy
12-08-2004, 05:44 PM
OK why would any business make a kit that no one needs?????
Because you can get more clearance out of these than you can with the stock keys. If you were to put the reindexed keys on, you could pick up 5" or so by maxing them out. Then it would ride like shit. Not something you would experience with the stock keys trying to get 2" out of.
For the 2" that New Guy is trying to get he doesn't need to spend the money. They sell these things on Ebay all the time and some people pay lots of money for them. It's because they don't ask the questions and have people that have been down the road and can answer the questions, despite the comments from the retards on the board they post on. ;)
Funny thing, the ones that ORU sells are straight GM products, down to the part number. They're probably banking $30 or so a set, plus whatever they get for installation labor and shop supplies. They only take about 30 minutes to put in too. Bill a couple hours. Not a bad little racket. ;)

Boatman
12-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Jordy,or what ever your name is. I cant believe you have any friends in life. You are 20 years old and you may be the worst know it all I know. You may have some knowledge but most people dont care because you are a _ick! Some guy asks for opinions and you attack people for stating theirs because it is different than yours! I cant believe you have made it to 20 years old. Why dont you just shut the hell up and let the "new guy" hear other opinions and make his own decision. Thats what is great about a forum. Technically I am a real new guy on here,that sais nothing about ones life. GROW UP . You have had an aweful lot of trucks for driving for 4 years. I am calling BULLSHIT on most of what you say! Oh and new guy, I have cranked them before and I think the ride was stiffer and I wore out my upper ball joints, but it can be done. Jordy, dont waste your time about attacking me on my spelling or any thing else.I dont care. AND GROW UP>>>>>>>>>>> :yuk:

mike37
12-08-2004, 05:54 PM
Because you can get more clearance out of these than you can with the stock keys. If you were to put the reindexed keys on, you could pick up 5" or so by maxing them out. Then it would ride like shit. Not something you would experience with the stock keys trying to get 2" out of.
For the 2" that New Guy is trying to get he doesn't need to spend the money. They sell these things on Ebay all the time and some people pay lots of money for them. It's because they don't ask the questions and have people that have been down the road and can answer the questions, despite the comments from the retards on the board they post on. ;)
Funny thing, the ones that ORU sells are straight GM products, down to the part number. They're probably banking $30 or so a set, plus whatever they get for installation labor and shop supplies. They only take about 30 minutes to put in too. Bill a couple hours. Not a bad little racket. ;)
so GM makes the kit why? if all you need to do is crank the tortsion bars

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 05:55 PM
K first of all Doghouse would you ask your dad or who ever it was what he thinks about the torsion bars cranking if it changes the ride( like makes it more stiffer cause for some reason somone doesnt think it changes it even though one of the post he posted said it did) Mike also called him on it like me and for some reason me and mike are both idiots and we have no IQ.Mike doughouse blown howard no matter what we say we are idiots and what he posted doesnt mean shit hes right we are wrong even though off road unlimited said it made it stiffer mabe they are idiots too. Jordan you should call them and tell them they are idiots do it on a conference call we all want to listen...........

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Jordy,or what ever your name is. I cant believe you have any friends in life. You are 20 years old and you may be the worst know it all I know. You may have some knowledge but most people dont care because you are a _ick! Some guy asks for opinions and you attack people for stating theirs because it is different than yours! I cant believe you have made it to 20 years old. Why dont you just shut the hell up and let the "new guy" hear other opinions and make his own decision. Thats what is great about a forum. Technically I am a real new guy on here,that sais nothing about ones life. GROW UP . You have had an aweful lot of trucks for driving for 4 years. I am calling BULLSHIT on most of what you say! Oh and new guy, I have cranked them before and I think the ride was stiffer and I wore out my upper ball joints, but it can be done. Jordy, dont waste your time about attacking me on my spelling or any thing else.I dont care. AND GROW UP>>>>>>>>>>> :yuk:
BINGO thank you boatman where you from I want to buy you a beer for being a stand up guy and calling it like you see it. OH and beleive me he will call you on your grammar.....

Boatman
12-08-2004, 06:02 PM
North phoenix, I'll take that beer. We all can have different opinions, thats human nature,you just respect someone for their opinion and move on. He is probably a good kid,maybe just in secure. :)

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Whatever you say newbie. BTW, I'm not 20. Also if you read back, I didn't start the attacks. But I'm sure that you knew that. :D

mike37
12-08-2004, 06:03 PM
hey welcome aboard boatman

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:04 PM
He is probably a good kid,maybe just in secure. :)
Yeah, I'm probably not a kid. Why don't you read the whole thread before you jump on anyone's side. I offered my opinion based upon MY experiences. E4L took it to the next level.
Take some time and read it. ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:05 PM
Jordy go ahead and read i said mine was stiffer and you didnt think there was anyway that could be possible since yours wasnt. Get over it just admit you were wrong.

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Jordy go ahead and read i said mine was stiffer and you didnt think there was anyway that could be possible since yours wasnt. Get over it just admit you were wrong.
Read the first 6 posts. I said based upon my experiences. Do we need to rehash all this?

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Do you really want to go down this road? :idea:
Apparently there are lots of things you don't know and are talking out of your ass in this thread. Go to OffroadUnlimited.com and click Chevy/GMC. The picture I posted was from their site and shows the "Leveling Kit" which essentially adjusts the torsions with out changing the set screws through the use of reindexed keys. As I suggested, having done in on more than a couple of trucks, New Guy should just save his money and adjust the ones he has. You don't need the reindexed keys to gain 2" and if you did, you can get them from the dealer for less than the $70 that ORU wants for them. I think I paid around $50 for mine.
And to restate, no, I didn't notice much of a difference in the ride on either one of my HD's. Did I stutter above? I have 20K on one and 60K on the other. Both Duramaxes. Do you have any experience with the torsions and adjustment or are you just making shit up as you go?
Why not stick to something you know a little more about, like gel coat perhaps?
New Guy, if you're only looking to level the truck out, just adjust your torsions. Pay no attention to Elim 4 Life as he is a gelcoat expert and obviously has shown what he knows about trucks in this thread. :sleeping: :D :jawdrop: :D
Then I got all this

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:08 PM
You're so full of shit you don't even know what you said. Here, post #3 in the thread:
No where does it say that yours was stiffer and all hoppy. YOU took it from there and started the name calling based upon my experiences with my trucks.
Then there was the tire thing.

Boatman
12-08-2004, 06:09 PM
It doest really matter how old you are. You should still respect people for their own opinion or you should not be a member. You calling me a newbie ,oh that hurts. And once again I am not taking a side, just happens to be an opinion that others have. I'll bet if you were in a room with all these people you wouldnt treat them this way! :eat:

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:10 PM
This was my first comment then you flipped out with all thses pictures :cool:

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:11 PM
It doest really matter how old you are. You should still respect people for their own opinion or you should not be a member. You calling me a newbie ,oh that hurts. And once again I am not taking a side, just happens to be an opinion that others have. I'll bet if you were in a room with all these people you wouldnt treat them this way! :eat:
You know what, go back and read the first 6 posts. I was trying to help a guy out and save him some money.
Then this:
This is all in relation to another thread that was going on where E4Less claimed that Eliminator never splashes anyone's gel design. Perhaps you should do some research into this, as it's a little deeper and has a little more history than you're picking up on the last page.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:12 PM
You're so full of shit you don't even know what you said. Here, post #3 in the thread:
No where does it say that yours was stiffer and all hoppy. YOU took it from there and started the name calling based upon my experiences with my trucks.
Then there was the tire thing.
It says right there front end stiffer and HOPPPY cant you read that.........

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:13 PM
You know what, go back and read the first 6 posts. I was trying to help a guy out and save him some money.
Then this:
This is all in relation to another thread that was going on where E4Less claimed that Eliminator never splashes anyone's gel design. Perhaps you should do some research into this, as it's a little deeper and has a little more history than you're picking up on the last page.
Hey Jordy new page move on were not talking about splashing here we are talking trucks last time I checked it was called tow rigs

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:13 PM
It says right there front end stiffer and HOPPPY cant you read that.........
Dont' worry Hoppy, if anyone around here can't read, it's certainly not me. What you said, and what you're trying to say now are two entirely different things. Come on, can't you admit you're wrong?

Boatman
12-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Sorry jordy I read every post and this is my opinion on this . Dont worry, You dont have to agree with me, I dont have a problem with that. :D

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Dont' worry Hoppy, if anyone around here can't read, it's certainly not me. What you said, and what you're trying to say now are two entirely different things. Come on, can't you admit you're wrong?
Oh now IM saying two different things now huh..... God have mercy on his sole

mike37
12-08-2004, 06:18 PM
so GM makes the kit why? if all you need to do is crank the tortsion bars
are you going to answer my question jordy

DogHouse
12-08-2004, 06:19 PM
So did I read correctly that we're good for this Friday, Desert Ridge, Rock Bottom, say 6pm? We could make this the start of the first annual Phoenix Hot Boat Christmas Happy Hour! Boatman you in too?
-brian :cool:

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
I already did once. Here it is again:

Boatman
12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
I may be , that sounds pretty good.

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:21 PM
So did I read correctly that we're good for this Friday, Desert Ridge, Rock Bottom, say 6pm? We could make this the start of the first annual Phoenix Hot Boat Christmas Happy Hour! Boatman you in too?
I think that's a good plan. ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:22 PM
Brian can we get your expertise on this subject :D

DogHouse
12-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Ok then, somebody wear a ***boat shirt so we can find each other. Although I do remember meeting Jordy once at the river. I think it was the time he was caught on camera holding hands with some guy in waste deep water but I could be wrong about that. Or maybe they were wrestling. Hard to say, I may have been impared at the time.

DogHouse
12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Brian can we get your expertise on this subject :D
What subject would that be, drinking beer or torsion bars?
:hammer2:

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Ok then, somebody wear a ***boat shirt so we can find each other. Although I do remember meeting Jordy once at the river. I think it was the time he was caught on camera holding hands with some guy in waste deep water but I could be wrong about that. Or maybe they were wrestling. Hard to say, I may have been impared at the time.
You met me at OP6 in Havasu when I was on Froggy's boat throwing out jello shots and judging stereos. You were dressed like John Popper. :D
I don't have a ***boat shirt. :(

DogHouse
12-08-2004, 06:27 PM
What, you don't like my green outback hat?

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Dog house beer and torsion bars :D

mike37
12-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike37
I already did once. Here it is again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanpaulk
For the 2" that New Guy is trying to get he doesn't need to spend the money. They sell these things on Ebay all the time and some people pay lots of money for them. It's because they don't ask the questions and have people that have been down the road and can answer the questions, despite the comments from the retards on the board they post on.
Funny thing, the ones that ORU sells are straight GM products, down to the part number. They're probably banking $30 or so a set, plus whatever they get for installation labor and shop supplies. They only take about 30 minutes to put in too. Bill a couple hours. Not a bad little racket.
are you saying that GM is making a part just to rip off there customers???

mike37
12-08-2004, 06:31 PM
What subject would that be, drinking beer or torsion bars?
:hammer2:
beer drinking sounds good

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:34 PM
What kind of beer can we drink? Mike can we go for a ride in the HTM I have always wanted to ride in one........

mike37
12-08-2004, 06:38 PM
What kind of beer can we drink? Mike can we go for a ride in the HTM I have always wanted to ride in one........
shure you can ride with us
hey next summer you all should come up to lake nacimiento some of the guys are starting to plan a get together at naci next summer

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:40 PM
Let me know when and Ill be there. My old Eliminator runs out there its a 1994 235 eagle with a loud ass stereo on it......

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:40 PM
no you did not
so I will ask it again
why would the manufacturer of the truck make a 2" leveling kit that the customer doesn't need???
are you saying that GM is making a part just to rip off there customers???
Once again, here, I narrowed it down for you:
Because you can get more clearance out of these than you can with the stock keys. If you were to put the reindexed keys on, you could pick up 5" or so by maxing them out.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Once again, here, I narrowed it down for you:
Jordan me and mike are talking here go away bye. Go back to "I cant be the only one" in the sandbar section and chew someone else out like you were doing to AMC nut :hammer2: and it was way of ftopic to and un called for

DogHouse
12-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Cold and free are usually my favorite kinds of beer!
I believe that the torsion keys do the same thing as changing the adjuster screws, i.e. reset the starting angle of the bar. It doesn't change the basic spring rate, so it still takes a certain load to make the bar deflect a certain amount. So, really all they're doing is resetting the ride height of the vehicle. Using the keys just gives you a wider range of lift adjustment since you're not using up all of the screw travel to get the first couple inches of lift. There will be a very minor effect of "stiffening" up the effective spring rate in the first part of the compression travel because the a-arms will be hanging down at a steeper angle, thereby reducing the lever arm acting on the torsion bar. This effect should be almost undetectable. Like I mentioned earlier, I believe that most of the harshness that *some* people detect when cranking up the bars comes from the fact that unless you add longer shocks and change the limit stops, you will now be operating all the time with the suspension almost fully extended, leaving little downward movement available to allow the wheel to follow uneven surfaces. If the wheel can't follow the surface, then the vehicle body will move to follow it, and you will feel that. After all, gravity is a b!tch!
Or something like that.
;)

mike37
12-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by jordanpaulk
Because you can get more clearance out of these than you can with the stock keys. If you were to put the reindexed keys on, you could pick up 5" or so by maxing them out.
OK so the 2" leveling kit is so you can get a 5" lift
now your really jacking up your front end your U joints aren't maid for that kind of angel you shure you know what you,re talking about????

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Dog house the only thing I was trying to say was that after I raised my torsion bars to stuff 18s underneath when I got mine back I notice it was stiffer and when I was going over speed bumbs it was more hoppier. Some people that know vehicles and that are anal about the way they ride will notice but to someone that are used to ridding around in junk might not notice

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 06:51 PM
now your really jacking up your front end your U joints aren't maid for that kind of angel you shure you know what you,re talking about????
Why would I spend 2k on a lift kit I would just go get these for a 5 inch lift for 70 bucks or something like that

mike37
12-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Cold and free are usually my favorite kinds of beer!
I believe that the torsion keys do the same thing as changing the adjuster screws, i.e. reset the starting angle of the bar. It doesn't change the basic spring rate, so it still takes a certain load to make the bar deflect a certain amount. So, really all they're doing is resetting the ride height of the vehicle. Using the keys just gives you a wider range of lift adjustment since you're not using up all of the screw travel to get the first couple inches of lift. There will be a very minor effect of "stiffening" up the effective spring rate in the first part of the compression travel because the a-arms will be hanging down at a steeper angle, thereby reducing the lever arm acting on the torsion bar. This effect should be almost undetectable. Like I mentioned earlier, I believe that most of the harshness that *some* people detect when cranking up the bars comes from the fact that unless you add longer shocks and change the limit stops, you will now be operating all the time with the suspension almost fully extended, leaving little downward movement available to allow the wheel to follow uneven surfaces. If the wheel can't follow the surface, then the vehicle body will move to follow it, and you will feel that. After all, gravity is a b!tch!
Or something like that.
;)
hey DogHouse my kind of beer is cold and free also
and you are a lot better at making a point than jodry

mike37
12-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Why would I spend 2k on a lift kit I would just go get these for a 5 inch lift for 70 bucks or something like that
you would be dumb and stupid JK:D :D :D :D

DogHouse
12-08-2004, 07:10 PM
you would be dumb and stupid JK:D :D :D :D
wut? I dun git it! :hammerhea

Jordy
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Hmm, did I say that I run them like that? No I said you could if you really wanted to. They give a larger range than stock.
As far as knowing what someone is talking about, the IFS GM trucks don't run "u-joints" in the front end (you have a maid that's an angel?), other than the front drive line that isn't affected by adjusting the torsions. They run CV joints that can run at a more extreme angle.
But Delaminator for Less said I'm not allowed to post in here anymore. :rolleyes:

mike37
12-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Hmm, did I say that I run them like that? No I said you could if you really wanted to. They give a larger range than stock.
As far as knowing what someone is talking about, the IFS GM trucks don't run "u-joints" in the front end (you have a maid that's an angel?), other than the front drive line that isn't affected by adjusting the torsions. They run CV joints that can run at a more extreme angle.
But Delaminator for Less said I'm not allowed to post in here anymore. :rolleyes:
OH I'm sorry nitpickpaulk the CV joints on a GM truck still have a maximum angle what is it???

mike37
12-08-2004, 07:28 PM
and you said thats why some one would buy them implying that its ok

jstwkd
12-08-2004, 07:31 PM
I have lifted two differnet trucks using both torsion keys and just cranking the torsion bars.On the bar alone I had a pretty stiff ride,And The tire wore out on the inside.Even after it was allighned.The torsion keys are stiff, but not as much as not using them.The problem is that there is a limiting plate under the upper control arm.As you raise the torsion bars you loose space here. (downward travel).so when you hit a big bump or a speed bump even at a slow speed you will feel it.either way you need to have an alighnment done,with out the keys you will more than likely be at the max allighnment.
On the upside thetruck will handle alot better.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Since when do you listen on and you never answered my question what kind of boat do you got ???

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 08:04 PM
I have lifted two differnet trucks using both torsion keys and just cranking the torsion bars.On the bar alone I had a pretty stiff ride,And The tire wore out on the inside.Even after it was allighned.The torsion keys are stiff, but not as much as not using them.The problem is that there is a limiting plate under the upper control arm.As you raise the torsion bars you loose space here. (downward travel).so when you hit a big bump or a speed bump even at a slow speed you will feel it.either way you need to have an alighnment done,with out the keys you will more than likely be at the max allighnment.
On the upside thetruck will handle alot better.
Thanks for the input jstwkd :cool:

mike37
12-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Since when do you listen on and you never answered my question what kind of boat do you got ???
he just cant handle the heat

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Ha HA mike have you seen my old eliminator around up there. You thinking of making this a camping trip or just the day??

mike37
12-08-2004, 08:16 PM
Ha HA mike have you seen my old eliminator around up there. You thinking of making this a camping trip or just the day??
just starting to plan
heres a link
naci (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65407)

mike37
12-08-2004, 08:23 PM
probably you have a pic of your old eliminator

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Jesus, talk about getting off the subject. The New Guy was asking how to level the truck. There are two ways; 1.) crank up the torsion slightly or 2.) use the lifting Keys.
I've cranked up the torsion on one of my vehicles (a 1993 Blazer)to level the truck and found no appreciable change in ride quality, but I'm not running low profile tires either (stock 16" wheels), so the sidewall height might be helping out here. Another pick-up, a 1994, had the torsion bars cranked as far as they would go when my brother bought it, in an attempt to clear 33" tires, it rode and drove like shit. We lowered the torsion, until the truck was level and it rides near stock. Again, he is running taller side wall tires, and this does help with ride quality.
I guess one more way to skin the cat would be to put shorter shackles on the rear, that would drop the ass end and level the truck. To get 2" of drop in the back, you would need a 4" shorter shackle and that doesn't sound plausible.

mike37
12-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Jesus, talk about getting off the subject. The New Guy was asking how to level the truck. There are two ways; 1.) crank up the torsion slightly or 2.) use the lifting Keys.
I've cranked up the torsion one one of my vehicles (a 1993 Blazer)to level the truck and found so appreciable change in ride quality, but I'm not running low profile tires either (stock 16" wheels), so the sidewall height might be helping out here. Another pick-up, a 1994, had the torsion bars cranked as far as they would go when my brother bought it, in an attempt to clear 33" tires, it road and drove like shit. We lowered the torsion, until the truck was level and it rides near stock. Again, he is running taller side wall tires, and this does help with ride quality.
I guess one more way to skin the cat would be to put shorter shackles on the rear, that would drop the ass end and level the truck. To get 2" of drop in the back, you would need a 4" shorter shackle and that doesn't sound plausible.
ya but reading all 6 pages kept ya busy for awhile

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Yea ha ha mike he agreed with us right :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Yea ha ha mike he agreed with us right :rollside:
No, actually I'm agreeing with Jordy...

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Im done dealing with back ass backward rednecks :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Jordy's right, you guys need a course in reading comprehension...
Hell, I even added emphasis, go back and read my post. Here's a quote:
Another pick-up, a 1994, had the torsion bars cranked as far as they would go when my brother bought it, in an attempt to clear 33" tires, it road and drove like shit. We lowered the torsion, until the truck was level and it rides near stock.
His truck was jacked up so far it was motor boating down the road (the front end was higher than the rear). We leveled the truck, which does not require you to crank the torsion all the way up. In fact it's not quite 2 inches above stock.
NewGuy never said anything about lifting his truck to clear taller tires, just want's to get rid of the stink bug look.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Fawk use some words I understand stink bug what the fawk is that. You know what you and Jordy can say all the negative stuff u want Im not gonna stoop to your guys level.....

phebus
12-08-2004, 10:19 PM
This is one of the longest threads, with the least amount of information I have ever read. Congratulations guys, you sucked me in. :argue:

JetBoatRich
12-08-2004, 10:32 PM
This is one of the longest threads, with the least amount of information I have ever read. Congratulations guys, you sucked me in. :argue:
LOL, but on the entertainment level it has been good :rolleyes:

Sleek-Jet
12-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Isn't winter fun??? :D :chi:

Sleek-Jet
12-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Fawk use some words I understand stink bug what the fawk is that. You know what you and Jordy can say all the negative stuff u want Im not gonna stoop to your guys level.....
It's not a personal attack. The stock Chevy IFS trucks tend to run with the front of the truck slightly lower than the rear (hot rodders call it "rake"). Just looks kind of funny, like a stink bug walking down the road...

Eliminator 4 Life
12-09-2004, 04:52 AM
sleek Im familar with rake but never heard stink bug before thanks for the clarifacation..

mike37
12-09-2004, 06:33 AM
Does anyone know if the 2" leveling kit from ORU will work on my 04 Sub 2500 4x4??
OK we did get off the question a little lets start over :idea: :mix:
will this kit work for newguys application

Jordy
12-09-2004, 07:29 AM
OK we did get off the question a little lets start over :idea: :mix:
will this kit work for newguys application
It's called READING COMPREHENSION. That question was answered in post #2, #4 and #5. To recap. No he doesn't need it.
Funny thing is, New Guy has been taken care of, as have a couple other people outside this thread, probably because they don't want to deal with all the bullshit.
Mike(myIQis)37, why do you care anyway, you're a Ford guy, right? :hammerhea

Eliminator 4 Life
12-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Hey be a man of your word. Oh and you never answered my question SD.......

mike37
12-09-2004, 06:31 PM
It's called READING COMPREHENSION. That question was answered in post #2, #4 and #5. To recap. No he doesn't need it.
Funny thing is, New Guy has been taken care of, as have a couple other people outside this thread, probably because they don't want to deal with all the bullshit.
Mike(myIQis)37, why do you care anyway, you're a Ford guy, right? :hammerhea
Hey smart guy he didn't ask if he needed the kit he asked if it would work
man your so smart shortypaulk
get over your high and mighty attitude see post #1 or maybe your READING COMPREHENSION not as good ass you think

JetBoatRich
12-09-2004, 10:38 PM
get over your high and mighty attitude see post #1 or maybe your READING COMPREHENSION not as good ass you think
LOL :boxingguy this is true

jbtrailerjim
12-09-2004, 10:45 PM
Damn, seven pages. This is quite an entertaining thread. I see Jordy has made some more friends. :rolleyes: :D

carreraelite
12-10-2004, 07:25 AM
I cann't see just adjusting the torsion changing the ride UNLESS it is adjusted to the point of topping out the suspension travel, or close to it. When the torsion is adjusted, it DOESN'T change the "Spring Rate" of the torsion. Just trying to give you another way of thinking about it. Just my point of view, nothing more, nothing less.

Jordy
12-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Once again, go back and reread the first couple responses.
The kit would work, but HE DOESN'T NEED IT for what he's trying to do. Are you really that dense?
Why is it I seem to be a retard magnet lately? Especially to retards with really really ugly boats. :jawdrop: :D
Like I said above (I know I need to post things multiple times for you to understand it) New Guy has been taken care of. He saved his money on the leveling kit and just adjusted the torsions as was reccomended, no thanks to you assclown trolls. ;)

Eliminator 4 Life
12-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Once again, go back and reread the first couple responses.
The kit would work, but HE DOESN'T NEED IT for what he's trying to do. Are you really that dense?
Why is it I seem to be a retard magnet lately? Especially to retards with really really ugly boats. :jawdrop: :D
Like I said above (I know I need to post things multiple times for you to understand it) New Guy has been taken care of. He saved his money on the leveling kit and just adjusted the torsions as was reccomended, no thanks to you assclown trolls. ;)
You know what fawk you and fawk your boat comments I have asked you more then once what you got for a boat and if you are calling my boat ugly or mikes you need to go look at that 15 dollar blow up boat you got at walmart again :) :)

jbtrailerjim
12-10-2004, 10:10 AM
;)
Damn, dude why do you have throw out insults like that. :confused: Not cool at all. Lighten up. It's only the internet.

mbrown2
12-10-2004, 10:10 AM
All this just to level a truck....Newguy, maybe you should get a suspension lift.... :wink:

Jordy
12-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Damn, dude why do you have throw out insults like that. :confused: Not cool at all. Lighten up. It's only the internet.
I didn't name any names. If they think they have ugly boats, so be it. :p :D
Also, if you look back through this thread, that should have pretty much ended after post #6 or so, I didn't start the name calling or personal attacks either. :jawdrop:

Boatman
12-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Jordy,if you are thinking about meeting these guys for a beer,you are either a real bad ass, they might kill you, or you wont show up! :)

Jordy
12-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Jordy,if you are thinking about meeting these guys for a beer,you are either a real bad ass, they might kill you, or you wont show up! :)
I'm not meeting these guys for a beer. They're in Cali. If I ever ran into them at the river, I'd have a beer for them. This is the internet, no big deal to me. ;)

Boatman
12-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Thats cool,so who is meeting tonight and where? Doghouse are you going? Sean will be there too!

Jordy
12-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Thats cool,so who is meeting tonight and where? Doghouse are you going? Sean will be there too!
Last I heard it was 6:00 at Desert Ridge at the Rock Bottom Brewery. Doghouse said he was down today in a thread in the sandbar.

Boatman
12-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Last I heard it was 6:00 at Desert Ridge at the Rock Bottom Brewery. Doghouse said he was down today in a thread in the sandbar.
So he is down with it as in he will be there or he is down with the flu. I have a 3rd grade reading comp level,hard for me to understand. :D

Jordy
12-10-2004, 11:25 AM
So he is down with it as in he will be there or he is down with the flu. I have a 3rd grade reading comp level,hard for me to understand. :D
He's down as in he'll be there. I was using his verbage I believe. :D :D :D
Back when a smoke was a smoke... :D
OK, my bad:
I'm game for a couple beerz. Anyone else coming out?
He's game, not down. Doh!!! :D :D :D

carreraelite
12-10-2004, 11:51 AM
It could be down, as he does live in Cave Creek!!

Jordy
12-10-2004, 11:57 AM
It could be down, as he does live in Cave Creek!!
Glenn, what are you doing? You up for some beers at Desert Ridge, say 6:00'ish?

carreraelite
12-10-2004, 12:20 PM
I'll try. There are "Kid" things going on and I don't know how that will affect my plans.

DogHouse
12-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Tic toc tic toc...
Almost game time. Or down time. Or beer time. Or something!
:shift:

PHX ATC
12-10-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm working.
Thanks for the invite though, really.
I'll be okay.

Jordy
12-10-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm working.
Thanks for the invite though, really.
I'll be okay.
I haven't seen you posting until just now and was going to send you a PM to see if your living-on-the-other-side-of-the-world-ass wanted to go. :D
Of course that would be after you cleaned the stalls and fed the horses. :p :D

mike37
12-10-2004, 05:16 PM
exactly

Eliminator 4 Life
12-10-2004, 07:33 PM
JB I happen to like your boat it looks real nice I told you that when I first saw it on Riverrat also Mike I like your boat too. I think they are both kick ass :D :D

JetBoatRich
12-10-2004, 07:48 PM
I missed the beer party :rolleyes:have to wait until we meet at the river

Eliminator 4 Life
12-10-2004, 08:35 PM
I missed the beer party :rolleyes:have to wait until we meet at the river
Rich we didnt get invited because we are retards I guess or we cant read haha

Jordy
12-10-2004, 10:07 PM
I have no idea what your dumbass said because you're on ignore, but I'm willing to bet that you're right. :idea:

77charger
12-10-2004, 10:13 PM
I jordyrigged mine also went in 9 turns and it leveled out fine ride is fine too a tad stiffer but barely noticeable.I can still go tighter on the torsions but i am fine .

Eliminator 4 Life
12-10-2004, 11:13 PM
I have no idea what your dumbass said because you're on ignore, but I'm willing to bet that you're right. :idea:
nice boat dumbass ha ha