PDA

View Full Version : dual drive

ultimate1
04-20-2002, 09:52 PM
I was at the anaheim boat show this week and I saw a dual pump set up at the R&D booth. The thing that impressed me the most was how nicely the gear box looked and how clean the installation was. Does anybody have any other feedback on the dual pump setup since I am going do do it to my boat after the summer season.

Kwicherbichen
04-21-2002, 12:40 AM
You can call Aggressor and speak with them about the whole dual jet drive thing. They have 2 models one for over 600hp and one for under 600hp.

ultimate1
04-21-2002, 01:29 AM
thanks for the info i will call them monday but it seems to me that if their unit was that good they would have been at the boat show to show it off anyway i will try to get in touch with them monday thanks Originally posted by Kwicherbichen:
You can call Aggressor and speak with them about the whole dual jet drive thing. They have 2 models one for over 600hp and one for under 600hp.

ultimate1
04-21-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by ultimate1:
thanks for the info i will call them monday but it seems to me that if their unit was that good they would have been at the boat show to show it off anyway i will try to get in touch with them monday thanks
I forgot to mention that dual drive systems by R&D said that they will call me when they are going to take that ultra to the lake so i could try it out to see if I really like the unit so i coud buy it from them. But I am still going to aggresor to check out their unit to see which is really the best made unit.

LVjetboy
04-21-2002, 02:35 AM
Hi Ultimate1,
I love the idea of new stuff, creativity and novel pump designs. But my question is...would a dual pump be more efficient than a single larger pump? If you have the hp to drive the dual pump to efficient impeller speed, than would a larger pump with appropriately sized impeller be better?
This is the bottom line...since interior surface area and friction losses are a major part of jet pump design. And dual pumps will certainly have more interior surface than a single larger pump.
But far be it from me to discourage any new approach in pump design...there's far too few to begin with. And I certainly don't know as much as those doing the designing.
Just wanted to voice my concern. So take my post for what it's worth.
jer

ultimate1
04-21-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by LVjetboy:
Hi Ultimate1,
I love the idea of new stuff, creativity and novel pump designs. But my question is...would a dual pump be more efficient than a single larger pump? If you have the hp to drive the dual pump to efficient impeller speed, than would a larger pump with appropriately sized impeller be better?
This is the bottom line...since interior surface area and friction losses are a major part of jet pump design. And dual pumps will certainly have more interior surface than a single larger pump.
But far be it from me to discourage any new approach in pump design...there's far too few to begin with. And I certainly don't know as much as those doing the designing.
Just wanted to voice my concern. So take my post for what it's worth.
jer
thanks for you thoughts my boat is a 21 ft ultimate the pump was redone and works fine and dosen"t seem to have any problems. What I don't like is when i ski i have to drag which isn't as easy as it was for me lets say 10 years ago. However when i talked to dual drive systems the ultra they have is the same hull as mine. They said the hole shot is like a flat bottom and that, is what i want so i can get out of the water fast.
[This message has been edited by ultimate1 (edited April 21, 2002).]

Kwicherbichen
04-21-2002, 04:34 AM
LVjetboy,
Your question about the bigger single unit was asked once before by River Dave and no one ever really answered. I don't know if this is the correct answer but, I think the reaason for the dual drive is because it is more cost effective to tool up an intake that fits two regular existing drives than it is to tool up an entirely new pump. I'm just guessing on that though.
With respect to Aggressor's dual drive not being at the show; The story goes something like this, Harold Bruce (R&D Marine) was working on this dual drive in cooperation with Aggressor. Apparently he was going to do the gearbox design and supposedly was the person in charge of the motor that was in the test boat. Then the boat was taken for a test spin or two without the owner or Aggressors knowledge. At that point the relationship was strained and Aggressor demanded the boat be returned. After it's return Aggressor dyno'd the hi-perf motor only to find out it was junk. As a result, the boat/drives tested out really crappy. The relationship was severed so to speak and Aggressor is commissioning Cassle (sp) of V-drive fame to build the new gear box. Additionally, the new motor is being prepped. That's the story I got in a nutshell. Also, I can't tell you how accurate the story is. I would just call Dave at Aggressor. He can tell you where they are with production & he could probably give you the true beef on the history between them and R&D.
Aggressor (888) 246-5075

jroos
04-21-2002, 05:44 AM
See R&D Marine`s article in May `02 Hot Boat. I believe that it will be another season or 2 before the bugs are out. 5 years from tweeking this unit to its full potential.
I don`t see the bang for buck on performance over the single larger unit. With one shared intake? And the size of the intake?
What will put out a fire quicker? One firehose or 2 smaller hoses using the same water source just tee-d off?
Do you get more sound from 1 speker per channel or 2 speakers per channel?
Technology is great, don`t let advertising fool you into thinking it is better than reality.
[This message has been edited by jroos (edited April 21, 2002).]

ultimate1
04-21-2002, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by jroos:
See R&D Marine`s article in May `02 Hot Boat. I believe that it will be another season or 2 before the bugs are out. 5 years from tweeking this unit to its full potential.
I don`t see the bang for buck on performance over the single larger unit. With one shared intake? And the size of the intake?
What will put out a fire quicker? One firehose or 2 smaller hoses using the same water source just tee-d off?
Do you get more sound from 1 speker per channel or 2 speakers per channel?
Technology is great, don`t let advertising fool you into thinking it is better than reality.
[This message has been edited by jroos (edited April 21, 2002).]
Well from what I saw you could use 2 standard pumps so you would think that 2 pumps are still better than 1 sure you are taking water from a bigger intake. But you should use less rpm to go the same speed and if you put more horse power you will go faster. But what i really want is more of a hole shot so I can ski. I don't really want to put more into the motor and sacrafice reliability. Since the boat is truley a turnkey boat. thanks for your input.

ultimate1
04-21-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Kwicherbichen:
LVjetboy,
Your question about the bigger single unit was asked once before by River Dave and no one ever really answered. I don't know if this is the correct answer but, I think the reaason for the dual drive is because it is more cost effective to tool up an intake that fits two regular existing drives than it is to tool up an entirely new pump. I'm just guessing on that though.
With respect to Aggressor's dual drive not being at the show; The story goes something like this, Harold Bruce (R&D Marine) was working on this dual drive in cooperation with Aggressor. Apparently he was going to do the gearbox design and supposedly was the person in charge of the motor that was in the test boat. Then the boat was taken for a test spin or two without the owner or Aggressors knowledge. At that point the relationship was strained and Aggressor demanded the boat be returned. After it's return Aggressor dyno'd the hi-perf motor only to find out it was junk. As a result, the boat/drives tested out really crappy. The relationship was severed so to speak and Aggressor is commissioning Cassle (sp) of V-drive fame to build the new gear box. Additionally, the new motor is being prepped. That's the story I got in a nutshell. Also, I can't tell you how accurate the story is. I would just call Dave at Aggressor. He can tell you where they are with production & he could probably give you the true beef on the history between them and R&D.
Aggressor (888) 246-5075
Well I don't really care about the relationship between R&D marine and agressor. All I want is to find the best gearbox. The gearbox I saw from R&D taking to the guy who made the gearbox apparently makes parts for the military and aviation fields and everybody should know that they work with real tight tolerances. But anyway I owe it to myself to see what agressor has to offer. just my thoughts and thanks for yours.
[This message has been edited by ultimate1 (edited April 21, 2002).]

Bense468
04-21-2002, 02:47 PM
I was told that Aggressor did not want to work with them and wanted to do everything themselves. Anyway Ultimate what impeller are you running. If you are running a B you can try going to an A and you will get more holshot it will come out harder. Or even a double a will come out even harder. The price of that dual drive system is pretty expensive and if it was me after talking to them put my money into my pump. You will save a lot of money this way and I would bet get better performance. If you want more out of the hole" Then talk to a respected pump builder and see what they have to say. This is just me. R&D when I talked to them said the dual system was not to compare one jet vs two it was to be more efficiant and run with the outdrives. I told them that I think you would get more performance just tightening up all your tolerances on your regular pump and get more performance then their stock pump. You have to think 10 grand without droop, shoe, ride plate and place. You still have a sloppy pump just two of them now. Just my 2 cents

ultimate1
04-21-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Bense468:
I was told that Aggressor did not want to work with them and wanted to do everything themselves. Anyway Ultimate what impeller are you running. If you are running a B you can try going to an A and you will get more holshot it will come out harder. Or even a double a will come out even harder. The price of that dual drive system is pretty expensive and if it was me after talking to them put my money into my pump. You will save a lot of money this way and I would bet get better performance. If you want more out of the hole" Then talk to a respected pump builder and see what they have to say. This is just me. R&D when I talked to them said the dual system was not to compare one jet vs two it was to be more efficiant and run with the outdrives. I told them that I think you would get more performance just tightening up all your tolerances on your regular pump and get more performance then their stock pump. You have to think 10 grand without droop, shoe, ride plate and place. You still have a sloppy pump just two of them now. Just my 2 cents
Well the delima I have is i went through my pump last year had to machine my A impeller install a new wear ring I even put a inducer in my dominator pump. I know I set and measured the clearances right. The hole shot improved but with 8 people in the boat it,s still a bitch to get up. maybe I,m asking to much from my boat. The dam thing should do it,s job. Well I will ride in the R&D Marine boat and since it,s the same hull I should be able to tell right away. thanks for your food for thought.

HBjet
04-21-2002, 05:14 PM
Interesting! I just went to the boat show and saw the dual pump. Man, I remember when I was a kid and I thought 1 pump looked weird, now 2...Anyways, Harold Bruce was very nice to talk with, and answered all our questions, about the dual pump, and the pump in his race boat.
10k (show price, 11,500 is retail) is the price for the dual pump with dual steering helm and cables and the dual forward reverse conversion with cables. Droop, PD, Ride Plate & shoe, Turn Buckle kit, 1000+HP gear box, gear ration changes are all extra.
So if RacingRascal took his 1000HP motor and wated to use this system in a larger boat, the approx total cost for the dual pumps would be (including all the options, and upgrades) 18,500-20,000. Now, I bet you could get an outdrive the for that price, and still be ahead in MPH. Just my opinion.
Funny thing though, Aggressor has NOTHING to do with R&D and the dual pump drive. They (Aggressor) has there own dual pumps in a Schiada which Harold setup for them, and then gave the boat back to them. The dual pumps (drives) have a patent, so I don't think were going to see Aggressors dual pumps on the market. Who knows? Anyways, I find it very interesting how Hot Boats Jet Tech Guru Harold Bruce went with Legend and Berkeley for the two dual pump setup he is testing. Since, he is the jet guru, there must be a reason why he went with Berkeley and Legend, and isn't this dual pump deal suppose to perform like an outdrive in comparision to MPH,RPM, and fuel economy? If so, he would want to use the the pumps that would perfrom the best for him, right? Since he is using two different kinds (Berk and Legend) that must tell us un-educated pump guys something......Right?
Here are some photos so none of you think I'm a liar.......It seems I need to defend what I say with photos for anyone to take me seriously.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCN6571.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCN6577.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCN6575.JPG
HBjet

ultimate1
04-21-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by HBjet:
Interesting! I just went to the boat show and saw the dual pump. Man, I remember when I was a kid and I thought 1 pump looked weird, now 2...Anyways, Harold Bruce was very nice to talk with, and answered all our questions, about the dual pump, and the pump in his race boat.
10k (show price, 11,500 is retail) is the price for the dual pump with dual steering helm and cables and the dual forward reverse conversion with cables. Droop, PD, Ride Plate & shoe, Turn Buckle kit, 1000+HP gear box, gear ration changes are all extra.
So if RacingRascal took his 1000HP motor and wated to use this system in a larger boat, the approx total cost for the dual pumps would be (including all the options, and upgrades) 18,500-20,000. Now, I bet you could get an outdrive the for that price, and still be ahead in MPH. Just my opinion.
Funny thing though, Aggressor has NOTHING to do with R&D and the dual pump drive. They (Aggressor) has there own dual pumps in a Schiada which Harold setup for them, and then gave the boat back to them. The dual pumps (drives) have a patent, so I don't think were going to see Aggressors dual pumps on the market. Who knows? Anyways, I find it very interesting how Hot Boats Jet Tech Guru Harold Bruce went with Legend and Berkeley for the two dual pump setup he is testing. Since, he is the jet guru, there must be a reason why he went with Berkeley and Legend, and isn't this dual pump deal suppose to perform like an outdrive in comparision to MPH,RPM, and fuel economy? If so, he would want to use the the pumps that would perfrom the best for him, right? Since he is using two different kinds (Berk and Legend) that must tell us un-educated pump guys something......Right?
Here are some photos so none of you think I'm a liar.......It seems I need to defend what I say with photos for anyone to take me seriously.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCN6571.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCN6577.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCN6575.JPG
HBjet
thanks for your input i do take other peoples opinion and try to make a educated decision I am pretty sure if and when I decide to do this. I will consider all options. When I talked to Harold Bruce I asked him why the different pumps. He said so as a buyer you could use any pumps you perfer. If I do mine I will use my dominator so all I have to do is buy a matching pump. which should save me some greenbacks. Buy the way thanks for pictures since i forgot my camera.

flat broke
04-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by HBjet:
HBjet
HB,
I'm gonna differ in opinion with you on this topic. I don't think R&D is running Berk hardware in the show because he thinks its superior product. I think its because he is trying to steer clear of Aggressor or can't get any more Aggressor product at this point in time. Something went down between R&D and Aggressor, and I have a feeling that Dave probably got the short end of the stick with R&D running around touting an intake that Aggressor paid for the tooling and casting design on. You know my stance on Berk stuff (look at any of the 3 boats in my driveway and you'll find nothing but Berk), but the situation with the Dual Drive setup is so freaking political, I wouldn't read anything into the parts choices used by R&D in their display. I may not agree with everything Aggressor says or does, but on this issue I think they are getting screwed over sans lube. They put up the money to do the research on the intake setup and someone else seems to be touting that intake as there own. I'm not stirring up sh*t, just taking an objective stance on this one.
Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)
[This message has been edited by flat broke (edited April 21, 2002).]

79TaylorSS
04-21-2002, 08:30 PM
Go to www.taylorjetboats.com. (http://www.taylorjetboats.com.) Click on the pics bar.Go to 78 SS.It has 2 pups and 2 motors in a 18 footer.It can be done

79TaylorSS
04-21-2002, 08:31 PM
Go to www.taylorjetboats.com. (http://www.taylorjetboats.com.) Click on the pics bar.Go to 78 SS.It has 2 pumps and 2 motors in a 18 footer.It can be done

jet2jet2002
04-21-2002, 09:21 PM
This thing is awesome!!!!!! I visited the boat show in Anaheim and had a chance to see this thing with my own eyes. The guy in the booth really know his stuff. I asked him about the Aggressor set-up and what he told me was that were using a different gearbox and the his intake had a few improved changes. He installed the system in the 24ft Schiada for Aggressor. This concept was his idea from the get go. The way I see it is that a potential partnership was unable to work so he did what I think we would have done and that is to go out on his own. After all, it is his invention. The one thing I don't understand about Aggressor is, why have they not published any information on how their Schiada ran. You would think that a company with a new system would get that thing out on the market ASAP. Oh well, I look foreward to seeing new this system on boats out at the river.

riodog
04-21-2002, 09:58 PM
Heads up kiddies ! Harold is one of the nicest guys you'll ever have the misfortune to come into contact with in the boating industry. Talk all you want BUT you'd better do your "homework" before you ever turn any of your personal possesions (or up-front money) over to him. He is, in my opinion, one of the biggest PROCRASTINATORS and WORST business owners that I have had the misfortune of attempting to do business with in the last 10 years! CHECK IT OUT !
M.W. Fulton aka Riodog

HBjet
04-21-2002, 10:52 PM
Well, whatever the situation is, I'm not going to be buying one for a long time, way to expensive for my blood. I'll have to wait and see who this thing does in the next couple of years.
I thought the story went something along the lines of.....Major Brass did the intake casting (And stamped the Aggressor name on it) when is wasn't tooled/designed by them. Aggressor supplied the pumps, and thats about it.
Anyways, I'm sure there are a number of stories. Maybe Dave from Aggressor can post his side of the story to guve us a better understanding.
HBjet

spectras only
04-21-2002, 11:34 PM
Dont know what's the fuss about who's doing that drive.It's been done before with V-drives as well.Volvo claimed fame to duoprop first,yet it was invented before for torpedos .Now mercs have them after the volvo patent ran out,without much noise.Some people get a chip on their shoulders when other people jump in on the action.Like Carroll Shelby bitching about the Cobra kit makers as if it was his design.He just made a few changes {splash ?] to the AC Ace .The early 50's Lancia D 20 also looked like a base for a Cobra http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif.

Kwicherbichen
04-21-2002, 11:44 PM
A birdie told me there may be some litigation in the future? But who knows until it actually happens?
There will be some Dual Drive stuff posted on Aggressors new web site that will hopefully outline it's performance and what not....
I wouldn't count on Dave posting performance info here or talking much about the situation with R&D. He is very busy running Aggressor, working on the dual drives, developing distributors, tending to his wife (she has been quite ill and is doing better), and he doesn't really like posting here all that much. He does read though.
Lastly, business is business and it will all work it's self out in the end.
Brian

spectras only
04-21-2002, 11:51 PM
Whoever will have the best performance gains ,will be the winner at the end http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Kwicherbichen
04-21-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by spectras only:
Whoever will have the best performance gains ,will be the winner at the end http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Performance gains can be subjective and skewed. It will take user word of mouth and price has a great influence on driving a market.
BTW, Aggressor is putting a dual drive in a top alcohol boat pretty soon. We'll have to see how it does.

spectras only
04-22-2002, 12:02 AM
Do you have any inside info ,when is that going to happen? Anytime soon ?

ultimate1
04-22-2002, 12:38 AM
I have to agree with you I won't throw my money away I figure the most inportant parts for this modification are gearbox and intake.Who ever has the best one should win,I want to buy it once and never again except when the pumps need overhaul. Were not curing cancer here we just want to be happy with our boats.

ultimate1
04-22-2002, 12:51 AM
Performance gains can be subjective and skewed. It will take user word of mouth and price has a great influence on driving a market.
BTW, Aggressor is putting a dual drive in a top alcohol boat pretty soon. We'll have to see how it does.
Do you know if agressor has a gearbox availabe for people to see and inspect like R&D marine does?

Kwicherbichen
04-22-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by ultimate1:
Do you know if agressor has a gearbox availabe for people to see and inspect like R&D marine does?
Not sure if it's 100% done. Cassel is doing the work though. Last time I actually saw the drives, the small dual drive was complete and the larger one was having the gear box built. I saw the design blueprints but I don't know what stage it's in now.
Regarding the Top Alky boat, it being worked out as we speak.
[This message has been edited by Kwicherbichen (edited April 22, 2002).]

HBjet
04-22-2002, 08:05 AM
Regarding the Top Alky boat, it being worked out as we speak.
And Tom Papp is setting it up...I think in one of his 21 footers. Well see.
HBjet

ChetCapoli
04-22-2002, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HBjet:
[B]Interesting! Harold Bruce was very nice to talk with, and answered all our questions, about the dual pump, and the pump in his race boat.
<<<<<<<<<<<< Looks like i've been missin the show...now what can be so interesting about the pump in his race boat HB??>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Funny thing though, Aggressor has NOTHING to do with R&D and the dual pump drive. They (Aggressor) has there own dual pumps in a Schiada which Harold setup for them, and then gave the boat back to them. The dual pumps (drives) have a patent, so I don't think were going to see Aggressors dual pumps on the market. Who knows?
<<<<<<<<<<<< the dual drives have a patent eh?? Might you happen to know who owns the patent?? I see you show the side shot of the drives but what about a shot of the front of the intake where the stamping is? That IS the KEY PIECE to it all right? Any idea what that says? You are a piece of work to say the least bud.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I find it very interesting how Hot Boats Jet Tech Guru Harold Bruce went with Legend and Berkeley for the two dual pump setup he is testing. Since, he is the jet guru, there must be a reason why he went with Berkeley and Legend?
<<<<<<<<<<<<< Then again maybe he didnt have a choice in the matter or doesnt anymore i should say??? Did that ever cross your mind HB??>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
If so, he would want to use the the pumps that would perfrom the best for him, right? Since he is using two different kinds (Berk and Legend) that must tell us un-educated pump guys something......Right?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< With all the time you spend at your shop(make the donuts yet?) and to call you self an un-educated pump guy....interesting.....now about the liar part, well you are that. Remember "it's all been done and that's all you need to know. I dont question a great pump builder". Then you have the kahunas to want a money back guarantee if it doesnt work? You already know the answer HB so what is your point?
Maybe after i get my boat tuned and all up to snuff i can ask for a money back guarantee for some "majic" as they call it from your shop? Does your shop offer a money back guarantee hb??? BTW, BOATS LOOKIN GOOD HB, REAL GOOD.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
CHET
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited April 22, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by ChetCapoli (edited April 22, 2002).]

eliminatya
04-22-2002, 07:56 PM
does anyone smell a berkeley/legend cheerleader on this board. rah! rah! rah! go legend!

HBjet
04-22-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ChetCapoli:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<Looks like i've been missin the show...now what can be so interesting about the pump in his race boat HB??>>>>>>>>>>>> Harold uses the Aggressor impeller, but not the bowl, it slowed him down
<<<<<<<<<<<< the dual drives have a patent eh?? Might you happen to know who owns the patent?? I see you show the side shot of the drives but what about a shot of the front of the intake where the stamping is? That IS the KEY PIECE to it all right? Any idea what that says? You are a piece of work to say the least bud.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>This should do Chet
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCN6576.JPG
<<<<<<<<<<<<< Then again maybe he didnt have a choice in the matter or doesnt anymore i should say??? Did that ever cross your mind HB??>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No, because he said you can use any drive you want, Dom, Legend, Berk, Aggressor all fit
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Does your shop offer a money back guarantee hb???>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>It doesn't need to, because it won't make claims that can't be backed up. If a customer was told what they should expect, and they didn't, then the shop would correct the problem
Chet, here is a better view for ya!
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Other_Equipment/DSCN6576a.JPG
HBjet
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited April 22, 2002).]

Kwicherbichen
04-22-2002, 09:44 PM
I don't really care who is first or owns rights or whatever. However, "patent pending" simply means an application has been filed, not granted and it does take a while. Then, a patent isn't perfect protection. Someone could make a similar item and get a patent if they can prove that it is different in some way. Also, if I remember right, patents are only good for a certain amout of time after the application has been submitted (14 yrs ?). I had several design ideas stolen a few years back. I didn't know how to protect myself and got the short end of the stick.
[This message has been edited by Kwicherbichen (edited April 22, 2002).]

SoCalPower
04-23-2002, 06:06 AM
Since this group went through the engineering to make a pattern for this dual intake, you would think they would come up with a pattern or modification for the starboard tiller arm and make the systme a push-pull type with a tie bar between nozzles. They could eliminate backlash in the system, making it more positive/responsive and it would provide a backup system in the event that one cable failed. If they are marketing this thing as "high performance" they should address these types of details. Any thoughts?

flat broke
04-23-2002, 06:08 AM
Just thought I'd throw this idea into the mix, you could probably take the intake in your boat over to River Dave and tell him that you want the same exact dimensions except you want it to say, ABC Marine Products on the top, and you'd have a duplicate of your intake with the new logo on it, in about a week. Just because someones name is on something doesn't really mean anything. Personally I don't care who came up with it first, but if one party is sticking it to the other, its nice to know who's doing what as it sheds some light on their overall business practices.
Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

AGGRESSOR JETS
04-23-2002, 01:49 PM
Here are some photos-Aggressor with Casale box. Notice our in take is also others intake with Logo ground off on others.
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/Image014.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/Image012.JPG
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Gearhead_Garage/Motors_and_Drives/Image015.JPG
Will be providing more-Dave
Pricing will be LIST PRICE $ 8,586.00 Complete Unit includes 2Drives choice of 7,9,11 Vane Bowl,Standard Nozzle Housing or Short Droop or Standard Droop(your choice) Race Shafts (Custom)17-4 Heat Treated, Pre-clearenced T/Bearings,Graphite Hi RPM Packing,Choice of Race Nozzles,Standard Nozzles with Chokes (your choice)Trim Diverters ($595.00 Total Option Cost)with Oildyne Hi Output Trim Pump( only requires single Pump).
All inboard water pick-ups,Choice of Aggressor Impeller Cuts to match requirments.
Includes Aggressor/Casale Engineering Gear Box. 1x1, Under or Overdrive. Note: Box is designed for Gear size changes.Water Cooled, Pressure Vented, Oil View Window. Aggressor"Dual Drive"Intake & Grate.(Regestered Trade Name) Will be available through Aggressor Dealers. Note OPTIONS:
Drive Quick Disconnects,Pre-Loaders with more to come.
[This message has been edited by ***boat (edited April 23, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by AGGRESSOR JETS (edited April 23, 2002).]

HBjet
04-23-2002, 02:23 PM
Looks Good Dave!
The Casale gear box looks a little more beefy. Anyways, thanks for posting the photos, you have made a lot of people very happy. Let us know when you test the boat again if you can. I know a lot of people would like to see it perform.
HBjet

AGGRESSOR JETS
04-23-2002, 02:48 PM
We had to buy a new motor which hits our door this week. We have re-set the intake and "JUNKED THE MOTOR BUILT FOR US" WE WILL POST A TEST DATE & LOCATION ON BOTH DUAL DRIVE UNITS. OPEN INVENTATION-MAYBE A PARTY!
Thanks HB We have been kicked in the Ass but I will bet you Aggressor will win this one- Right HB
[This message has been edited by AGGRESSOR JETS (edited April 23, 2002).]

HBjet
04-23-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by AGGRESSOR JETS:
Thanks HB We have been kicked in the Ass but I will bet you Aggressor will win this one- Right HB
Hey, I would just like to see any of these dual drives perform. If the Aggressor one works best, Great! I'm just curious like most of us here as to how they will perform on larger boat, like 24-28 footers. I think it would be cool to have a boat that big, that you could take in the ocean and throw back a rooster tail, but in the ocean, I'm guessing it would cavatate a lot.
HBjet

riodog
04-23-2002, 06:43 PM
Gee Dave, a bunch of us were wondering how long it would take and how much it would cost you before you figured out that you were keeping BAD COMPANY ! Mom always said that you were judged by the company you keep. I'm glad that you've seen the error of your ways. WELCOME BACK ! Now if we could only rescue COLE.
M.W.Fulton aka Riodog

disco_charger
04-23-2002, 08:57 PM
Actually, whoever can bring the product in at an affordable price to the masses will win. It will be easy to sell an expensive piece that offers a little gain to racers, but it needs to be reasonable for the rest of us to have the itch to get it.
Disco

Kwicherbichen
04-24-2002, 12:34 AM
Looks good Dave! Thanks for posting the pictures. They actually both look good. Now it's just a matter of performance and support.
Riodog, speaking of Cole, is that guy alive? I've tried to get a hold of him by phone and email but no answer. If you run into him, tell him to get in touch with me.
Brian

Cole
04-24-2002, 11:05 AM
Hey riodog where did i meet you???? one too many beers maybe ....whats up brian,give me a call i want to get started on that website!!! What kind of problems did you have with Harold and how do you know i had my motor done by him????? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Cole

AGGRESSOR JETS
04-24-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by riodog:
Gee Dave, a bunch of us were wondering how long it would take and how much it would cost you before you figured out that you were keeping BAD COMPANY ! Mom always said that you were judged by the company you keep. I'm glad that you've seen the error of your ways. WELCOME BACK ! Now if we could only rescue COLE.
M.W.Fulton aka Riodog
This one Hurt a Friendship or I thought! Now we eat it with our tooling dollers our proto parts, which are what you see in his display. We JUNKED OUT the TEST MOTOR built by the HOT BOAT GURU on top of it- We also got layed away on the Time. I can't say I was not "WARNED" and believe me so many guys ask me if I liked the @#*+ing I GOT while holding there stomic laughing! I LOST ALL MY IMAGE NOW- "Has he no Shame"-Take Care-Dave Jones.