PDA

View Full Version : WhatÂ’s the best battery for a diesel?

mevale
12-05-2004, 08:21 PM
I have a 2002 F-250 super duty psd and one of my batteryÂ’s failed and I replace it whit an Optima yellow top and it still seems to have a hard time starting. Should I change the other one to? Dose any one know whatÂ’s the cranking amp on a stock battery?
Thanks
Joe

BADASS38CHEVY
12-06-2004, 12:26 AM
always change both batterys.the old battery gets to much stain on it when you dont replace both.

Jordy
12-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Exactly. Change both or you'll be chasing problems forever. As far as the yellow top? That's a deep cycle battery. Any specific reason you opted for that? I just did mine in my truck and changed them both out with red top optimas. No problems at all. :D

mevale
12-06-2004, 08:10 AM
Exactly. Change both or you'll be chasing problems forever. As far as the yellow top? That's a deep cycle battery. Any specific reason you opted for that? I just did mine in my truck and changed them both out with red top optimas. No problems at all. :D
Well the guy at 4 wheel parts said that Optima did not have recommendation for my 2002 f-250 psd and being that diesel engines draw a lot of current at start up and red tops would be under the cranking amps of a stock battery and yellow top is bit over.
So I went whit his recommendation.
I guess I will be replacing thee another battery to.
Thanks for the info.
Joe