PDA

View Full Version : 19' Tahiti for sale

Foggerjet
12-06-2004, 08:37 AM
Ok, I'm going a different route with another project and I can't have 2. The Tahiti is for sale, the one in my AV. It has original gel in good shape, has a few small chips here and there. New floor and interior, Very fresh .030 455, Forged pistons N crank W-34 455 rods w/ARP, fresh E heads, all new exh. guides w/manley valves and crane HD springs,locks,rets, Lunati 00083, Cloyes tru-roller, Torker, Edl. 800 carb, Mallory DP, SS scoop, 12 qt pan, restricted mains, blue print OP. Runs and sounds great! The rewarder OT's have some rust (old). Berk JG/A. Trailer is good, could use some new bunks and paint. Has 4 new pirelli tires w/buddies. Tows great. Has 2 alum. saddle tanks. I removed the PD for another project, but the pump works fine. The steering and reverse cables are a little tight but work. All in all it's a nice original lake boat.
I have more pics if interested, Entertaining any reasonable offers.
thanks
fog
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3484
The model is not included in the sale.

Foggerjet
12-07-2004, 07:49 AM
What's a fair price or reserve if listed on ebay? BTW it's absolutely turn key, ready to run.
fog

Cas
12-07-2004, 08:26 AM
I have the same hull and think it's a great lake boat. My wife, with her bad back, loved the ride and it went pretty good with basically stock power and a Panther.
When you did the floor, did you find almost full length stringers under it? Mine has them although they appear to be ripped down 2x6's to about 2 x 4½'s.
Even though I bought another boat, I've been putting off selling it just because I like it so much.
As far as a price, I bought mine for $1,200. with a non running BBC, an interior in need of a replacement and a paint job that was done with the wrong paint. From what I was told, the paint is an acrylic lacquer which doesn't flex at all, lots of cracks in it.

Foggerjet
12-07-2004, 09:10 AM
Cas, thanks for the info.I was hoping for around $2800 ready to go. Sound about right?
fog

Foggerjet
12-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Oh yeah, you're absolutely right about the ride quality, a floating cadillac. Heavy, but a very nice ride.
fog

Tahiti350
12-07-2004, 09:35 AM
If you weren't on the other side of the country I would be VERY interested, but with fuel out and back, it ends up costing much more :squiggle: . I am looking to upgrade from my 20' Tahiti SBC/ OMC I/O.
BTW I paid $3000 for mine 5 years ago, Clean, fresh motor and paint, with a hack job interior.
GaryB> Tahtit350

Cas
12-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Fogger,
I think you should be able to get $2800. all day for that boat although I'm not familiar with your area. For around here, No CA, I think it's too low depending on the time of year though.
If I decide to sell mine, I'll be asking somewhere in the $3800 to $4200 range with an engine or $2500 without. The interior is new with completely rebuilt seats and frames, new carpet and a freshly rebuild Panther pump with a diverter. The paint still has the cracks but it still shines real nice.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/3870Cas_Tahiti_1E.jpg

victorfb
12-07-2004, 10:36 AM
prices very from region to region. california seems to have the lowest prices on these types of boats as the supply is much higher. more to chose from. reason being, many of the maunfacturers were based in california. get a baseline price by looking for similar boats and what they sold for. just like buying a house, you have to "comp" the value.

Foggerjet
12-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. Cas, what motor is in your Tahiti? Still a BBC? Reason I ask is that Olds powered boats tend to have a bit less value than an otherwise equal BBC or BBF. The Olds runs great, I was very careful during assembly to avoid Olds related pifalls, but it's still an Olds.
any takers? BTW the new project will be cool. I'll post up some pics as I can.
fog

Foggerjet
12-07-2004, 01:16 PM
Hey Tahiti350, You're in Spanaway? I lived there during the early nineties while stationed at Fort Lewis. Nice place, rained alot but nice. Do you go to lake Washington? I had a stand-up jet-ski at the time and rode it in Spanaway lake all the time. That area was growing like mad then, I can't even imagine it now. The I5 corridor was crazy. Is Portland touching Seattle yet? lol.
Sergeant Justin A Courtney
2nd. Bn. 75th Ranger Regt.(Airborne)
Ft. Lewis Wa.
1991-1995

Cas
12-07-2004, 01:36 PM
Fogger,
The boat is set up for a BBC and it's sitting in the garage to be freshened up a bit. I've been thinking about putting a SBC 400ci in it for a little while now. I'm thinking it would be pretty nice to be able to put thru transom exhaust, an engine cover, and swim plates, make it just a quiet cruiser.
I also think with the Panther and 350hp, the small block will make it go just as good as the BBC just because of the weight savings.
To be continued....... :D

Foggerjet
12-07-2004, 01:45 PM
Go for it! MikeT seems to be pretty tickled with his SBC jet. fog

Cas
12-07-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm also thinking about copying Infinitejj's
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/486Digi_459-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/486Digi_962-med.jpg
I think it looks great!

Aaron C
12-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Hey Fogger
Where in SC are you located? Nice to know there are a few Jetters out this way. I might be interested in the Tahiti after the Holidays if its still for sale... :rollside:

Foggerjet
12-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Hey Aaron, I'm in North Augusta. Where are you? About the Tahiti, Cas got me Thinking. It really Is a nice riding, good running boat. If someone comes up with the cash like tomorrow, I'll let it go. But I might (probly) want to keep the old plow.
fog

Shark In The Pond
12-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Nice hulls ... I have the same hull also and its takes alot to get them running fast but the ride is great !

Aaron C
12-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Fogger,
I am in Lexington, right up the road. Sounds to me like you should hang onto it. I currently have three Jet projects (one is a Tahiti much like yours) going on now and although a turn-key boat would get me in the water sooner, now that I think about it I should probably pass. Could you send any other pics you have of the boat to Bigboatman@hotmail.com. Also, how fast has the boat run with the current setup?
Thanks,
Aaron C.

Cas
12-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Cas got me Thinking. It really Is a nice riding, good running boat.
fog
LMAO, sorry Fogger! They are great riding boats though, real comfy too....exactly the reasons why I still have this one sitting there doing nothing.
btw, it's definitely getting a small block now. I'll be getting the sbc 400 within the next couple of weeks from Squirtin Thunder's Dad.

Foggerjet
12-08-2004, 05:03 AM
Aaron, You're only about 25 min. away. Do you boat in lake Murray? We should get together, I would like to see your projects. I ran the Tahiti on monday, gotta love this 72 deg. December weather! The boat runs 63 on My Gecko, Just me, no nitrous, no gear, low tanks.
fog

Aaron C
12-08-2004, 06:20 PM
Fogger, not to bad for that setup. I have only been on Murray a couple times on a jetski. None of my projects have seen water in a long time. We should get together sometime. Would like to see the tahiti in person, maybe get a few ideas on how to rig mine. I should have some free time again sometime in January.
Aaron C.

Foggerjet
12-09-2004, 05:52 AM
Shoot, come on down. With this weather we'll take it to the river, or Lake Thurmond. I've got an ice chest.........
fog

Aaron C
12-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Thanks Fog. I am gonna have to take you up on that one of these days if I ever get another day off. I will let ya know. :smile: