PDA

View Full Version : What To Get Rid Of...?

99 232 baja
12-06-2004, 11:35 AM
The Wife Wants To Stay At Home With The Baby. Don't Know What To Sell The Boat , Suv Or Our Vaction Property?or All Three!! Bummer ,but The Kid Will Get The Best Of It.

prosthogod
12-06-2004, 11:37 AM
When the kid grows up it (he or she) would have told you DON'T SELL A THING!

HCS
12-06-2004, 11:38 AM
My wife works. The kid goes to christian school. He has since he was 3.
Before that we had a real good freind we could trust to watch him.
I still have the boat. :D

Eliminator 4 Life
Get rid of the suv keep the rest

jackpunx
The Wife Wants To Stay At Home With The Baby. Don't Know What To Sell The Boat , Suv Or Our Vaction Property?or All Three!! Bummer ,but The Kid Will Get The Best Of It.
Rent the vacation home. get rid of the SUV and get a POS tow rig.. Keep the boat .. eat top rahmen and feed the baby breast milk..
If not .. you will end up re buying all this again when the kid is old enough..
good luck

hoolign
12-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Get rid of the wife ,get the kid a moderator job on ***boat, hook the boat up to the suv, hit the water with a laptop.check in with the kid on the forumns...simple :D :D :biggrin

99 232 baja
12-06-2004, 11:42 AM
Rent the vacation home. get rid of the SUV and get a POS tow rig.. Keep the boat .. eat top rahmen and feed the baby breast milk..
If not .. you will end up re buying all this again when the kid is old enough..
good luckYOU ARE RIGHT THERE. FIGURE IF I EAT HAMBURG INSTEAD OF STEAK I MIGHT BE ABLE KEEP THEM ALL . I HAVE A FEW MONTHS BEFORE I HAVE TO DO ANYTHING.

jackpunx
12-06-2004, 11:46 AM
YOU ARE RIGHT THERE. FIGURE IF I EAT HAMBURG INSTEAD OF STEAK I MIGHT BE ABLE KEEP THEM ALL . I HAVE A FEW MONTHS BEFORE I HAVE TO DO ANYTHING.
In all seriousness.. Do the right thing for your family.. But I would try to keep the boat :smile:

Tyson Ross
12-06-2004, 11:49 AM
Let her keep her job and you stay home with kid. :)
I worked graveyard shift and stayed home and watched mine for almost a year. It was not bad, even w/ out sleep. I will say, things do change a little bit. I now have a pontoon instead of a flatbottom and bass boat :jawdrop:

JetBoatRich
12-06-2004, 11:50 AM
Get rid of the wife ,get the kid a moderator job on ***boat, hook the boat up to the suv, hit the water with a laptop.check in with the kid on the forumns...simple :D :D :biggrin
LOL

jackpunx
12-06-2004, 11:51 AM
Let her keep her job and you stay home with kid. :)
I worked graveyard shift and stayed home and watched mine for almost a year. It was not bad, even w/ out sleep. I will say, things do change a little bit. I now have a pontoon instead of a flatbottom and bass boat :jawdrop:
yea.. but that Pontoon is gonna have 2 engines on it..lol :D

HighRoller
12-06-2004, 11:54 AM
I would say it all depends on how serious you are. If it were me, I'd sell everything I was making a substantial payment on and cut up my credit cards. Pay cash for everything and get on a tight ass budget. You'll have more than enough money to survive on one income. We did it and are in a position to live on one income because we have eliminated a bunch of payments.
And one more thing. I know thinking about selling stuff tears everyone up, but....IT'S JUST STUFF! YOU CAN BUY MORE LATER! :eek:

superdave013
12-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Man, that's a tuff call.
I grew up boating at the family vacation house. I say get a side job and keep it all.

little rowe boat
12-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Sell it all and then regroup later,when the kid is older.

oldbuck40
12-06-2004, 12:19 PM
The Wife Wants To Stay At Home With The Baby. Don't Know What To Sell The Boat , Suv Or Our Vaction Property?or All Three!! Bummer ,but The Kid Will Get The Best Of It.mom and baby at home,,good call on her part! what the hell is a vacation??? your vacation will be time off at home with the kid,,,but its worth it! i went the same route as alot of these guys did,,, had a kid sold the jet boat bought a pontoon,had another kid,bought a bigger pontoon, kids grew up bought another jet! take care of your kids you can buy a boat anytime... good luck.

jdogginla
12-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Just don't pull a Scott Peterson........... :2purples: :hammerhea
sorry that was bad!#%

Tyson Ross
12-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Jackpunx..... yea..but that Pontoon is gonna have 2 engines on it.. lol
I am hoping Santa can fit the outboard in his sled :D

R.A.D.man
12-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Sell the SUV and Boat for now and keep the property, it has got to be the better investment of the 3.