PDA

View Full Version : Prop question

thom
12-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Im looking at getting a new prop for a 502 mag bravo one... Is there any brand better than another? Currently it has a Revolution ss 4 blade i think its a 21 pitch.. I'm not so worried about the pitch but more about the brand If there is a big difference.
Thanks in advanvce

dicudmore
12-07-2004, 02:58 PM
just a matter of what you want to run on it....
I'd personally stay w/a merc prop (mirage, revolution, bravo) unless you go hydromotive or something like that...

jackpunx
12-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Im looking at getting a new prop for a 502 mag bravo one... Is there any brand better than another? Currently it has a Revolution ss 4 blade i think its a 21 pitch.. I'm not so worried about the pitch but more about the brand If there is a big difference.
Thanks in advanvce
Depends on what you looking for.. I think the Bravo one prop is a good match for your setup.. but you might have better luck over in the outdrive section

thom
12-07-2004, 03:03 PM
by the way dicudmore
A while back i saw you were talking about putting 20's on a tahoe and you thought that might void the warranty.. or at least they might hassle me a bit.. Has that changed at all since they are selling them new with 20's

RiverDave
12-07-2004, 03:11 PM
thom what kind of boat is it? Open bow closed bow? length mfg etc..
Might be someone else on the website has a similar setup so they can offer some advice.
RD

Quality Time
12-07-2004, 03:17 PM
I would be worried about the pitch If it was me. What RPM's are you running with your current set-up. Speeds, Handling, ability to plan etc. These come into play when prop shopping or at least they should.

jackpunx
12-07-2004, 03:20 PM
I would be worried about the pitch If it was me. What RPM's are you running with your current set-up. Speeds, Handling, ability to plan etc. These come into play when prop shopping or at least they should.
Nah.. dont worry about that.. just make sure you get the shiny one..lol
J/K

thom
12-07-2004, 03:20 PM
its 28 cheetah deck boat ... I was just looking to see who has one.. i went over to the tech section and got a little help but it would be nice to hear from some one with the same set up

thom
12-07-2004, 03:23 PM
Thats one of my problems i havent had it on a big enough lake to find out what it can or cant do.. I just know the current prop is all dinged up and i want i shiny new one

Scream
12-07-2004, 03:24 PM
If you need the sharpness checked out, let me know, I've got one good ankle left.
Scream

thom
12-07-2004, 03:25 PM
from what i've seen scream you are the OFFICIAL PROP KING.
a couple of those pics looked like they might actually sting

SHAKEN Not Stirred
12-07-2004, 03:34 PM
I bet you could run a 22P or maybe a 24P 4-Blade Bravo1.
A friend of mine is running a 24P Bravo1 on his smaller Cheeta-Bob Cat.
He has a new 496 MAG HO motor.
He was goin' to try the labbed 26P I have, but no time yet.
I think you should start with a demo 22P Bravo1 and then see what kind of RPM you can get. I wouldn't go over 5K RPM or so....
Later,
CJG
:cool: