PDA

View Full Version : Who says USC doesn't graduate football players?

BUSTI
12-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Just a portion of the article on ESPN.comcollege football page:
"Of the four California schools going to bowl games, Southern California had the highest overall graduation rate at 58 percent, followed by UCLA at 55 percent, California at 48 percent and Fresno State at 40 percent".
"Fresno State was one of the schools that had a higher graduation mark for black players than white, with 43 percent of black players and 39 percent of white players graduating in six years."
"USC graduated 52 percent of blacks and 65 percent of whites, UCLA 47 percent of blacks and 66 percent of whites, and Cal 42 percent of blacks and 59 percent of whites."
Looks like the uc schools need to take some lessons from USC not only on the field on how to play football but in the classroom as well! :)

totenhosen
12-08-2004, 11:16 AM
Just a portion of the article on ESPN.comcollege football page:
"Of the four California schools going to bowl games, Southern California had the highest overall graduation rate at 58 percent, followed by UCLA at 55 percent, California at 48 percent and Fresno State at 40 percent".
"Fresno State was one of the schools that had a higher graduation mark for black players than white, with 43 percent of black players and 39 percent of white players graduating in six years."
"USC graduated 52 percent of blacks and 65 percent of whites, UCLA 47 percent of blacks and 66 percent of whites, and Cal 42 percent of blacks and 59 percent of whites."
Looks like the uc schools need to take some lessons from USC not only on the field on how to play football but in the classroom as well! :)
Nothing really to brag about.
Being that I have insider info on these numbers they are very easily skewed. USC "helps" their players along more so than the other mentioned schools. Being that it is a private school helps them a bit with this as well.

THOR
12-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Careful Toten,
You will have busti and trojan dan on your a$$. Remember that whatever say negative about USC is a flat out lie. :rolleyes: :cool: :notam:

BUSTI
12-08-2004, 11:39 AM
I agree with Thor! He ain't lie'in! Thor plz check your pm's.

BIGTYME
12-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Toten,
I love USC football and have for quite some time, thats besides the point. I have to agree with what you said, I have a good connection that told me he had a class with Mike Williams, he said that he showed up for the first 2 classes, was on the phone the whole time, never came to another lass and passed with an A???? :idea: :confused:

totenhosen
12-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Careful Toten,
You will have busti and trojan dan on your a$$. Remember that whatever say negative about USC is a flat out lie. :rolleyes: :cool: :notam:
I'm a USC fan but I also know the truth from being involved in college/pro athletics.

Spotondl
12-08-2004, 12:57 PM
All NCAA universities have NCAA approved classes... First day of class the class is packed with NCAA athletes, at the end of that first class the professor calls all the NCAA athletes down to the front for a meeting, and you NEVER see them again... and yet they pass the class... Been there, seen it done.... UCLA 89