PDA

View Full Version : Looking for home entertainment install in So. Cal

dimarcobros
12-08-2004, 03:06 PM
We need to find someone to install a new TV on a fireplace and surround sound as well. Anyone know of someone?
DMB

Ziggy
12-08-2004, 03:08 PM
We need to find someone to install a new TV on a fireplace and surround sound as well. Anyone know of someone?
DMB
ROZ is probably your best bet

dimarcobros
12-08-2004, 03:14 PM
He does install? I thought he only sold it? :confused:
DMB

ChumpChange
12-08-2004, 04:27 PM
DMB
I have somebody who goes to church with me who does that. I met him last Sunday. The company is out of Orange County. They've done Shatner's house as well as other big dollar people. I'll let you know on Monday.

dimarcobros
12-08-2004, 04:28 PM
I have somebody who goes to church with me who does that. I met him last Sunday. The company is out of Orange County. They've done Shatner's house as well as other big dollar people. I'll let you know on Monday.
Thanks that would be great.
DMB

Jordy
12-08-2004, 04:31 PM
He does install? I thought he only sold it? :confused:
DMB
With enough beer Roz will install, setup, tear down, wash, wax, paint... :D
The division of his company that is out here has an delivery, setup and install division. I'm sure they offer something out there. :D

ROZ
12-08-2004, 07:43 PM
The only bummer is that if he's use to doing 200k and up jobs, he may not want to touch it... I use to sell to a lot of CEDIA people and they can be snooty like that sometimes... He may do it as a favor to you though...
I don't know how soon you need it done as most companies are already booked until after Christmas, but our home install team works in your area...
Let me know if you need the number. It's possible that we may have time to do it...
What type of fireplace? Brick? Electrical and cable both need to be relocated to behind the set.
Do you have the mounting bracket?
Are your speakers in or on wall?
2 story or single story with attic space?
Do you like prune jelly on your bran muffin?

wsuwrhr
12-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Looking for home entertainment?
I dance for money....not well, but I dance. :messedup:
Brian

dimarcobros
12-09-2004, 09:09 AM
The only bummer is that if he's use to doing 200k and up jobs, he may not want to touch it... I use to sell to a lot of CEDIA people and they can be snooty like that sometimes... He may do it as a favor to you though...
I don't know how soon you need it done as most companies are already booked until after Christmas, but our home install team works in your area...
Let me know if you need the number. It's possible that we may have time to do it...
What type of fireplace? Brick? Electrical and cable both need to be relocated to behind the set.
Do you have the mounting bracket?
Are your speakers in or on wall?
2 story or single story with attic space?
Do you like prune jelly on your bran muffin?
It is a brick fireplace, we have a mounting bracket, speakers on not set up yet but would like them to set that up as well, single story with attic space, and I would rather chew glass than have one of those muffins :D .
I know you work for the company and all so I am sure you are a little bias but do you recommend them? I have heard great things about you and know that you are the man but you will not be the one doing the work, know what I mean?
Thanks,
DMB

ROZ
12-09-2004, 10:06 AM
It is a brick fireplace, we have a mounting bracket, speakers on not set up yet but would like them to set that up as well, single story with attic space, and I would rather chew glass than have one of those muffins :D .
I know you work for the company and all so I am sure you are a little bias but do you recommend them? I have heard great things about you and know that you are the man but you will not be the one doing the work, know what I mean?
Thanks,
DMB
You may have problem getting wiring behind the brick. Are you in an older house with a brick,cement, and ceramic flue, or are you in a newer home with a brick facia fireplace?
I know exactly what you mean. Our installer of the year services your area, and there's a guy who services LongBeach area who has had people wait 2 months to use him again.... As with car audio, there are only about 3 people here who I'd trust working on my stuff.... I don't trust the installer of the year, but Shea(longbeach guy) is pretty good. He's already booked out until the second week of Janruary though...

mirvin
12-09-2004, 10:36 AM
DMB, I got a guy in Torrance that can get you fixed up ASAP. His company is called Automation. 310-251-9745 - ask for Jimmy. Tell him Marcus sent you.
mirvin :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Marks Autosound (http://www.marksautosound.com). I know, I pimp them for boat and vehicle installs buit he also does home theater installs now. He has some pics of his work up on his website.

phebus
12-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Just duct tape it to the wall. :D

dimarcobros
12-09-2004, 11:13 AM
Marks Autosound (http://www.marksautosound.com). I know, I pimp them for boat and vehicle installs buit he also does home theater installs now. He has some pics of his work up on his website.
HD - my brother is freinds with Mark and he has done some work on our DiMarco and probably going to do some work on our Conquest. I will have my brother call him, thanks for the reminder.
Mirvin - I will call your guy as well, thanks for the info.
Roz - thanks for all the input but we want to get it up and running before Christmas, not sure if it is going to happen or not. It is a surprise for my mom and she is out of town until the week prior. If it doesn't work out that way then I will call your guy. Thank you again.
DMB

ROZ
12-09-2004, 11:13 AM
I spoke to Mark about 9 months ago and heard he was doing Home a/v... I heard his shop is pretty good at it.... :) Worth a call....

Jordy
12-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Just duct tape it to the wall. :D
You know, if you're going to do it right and use duct tape, you can't forget about the tie wire. They're like peas and carrots. ;)

NetFryer
12-09-2004, 06:37 PM
I have done many celebrity homes in the malibu area... Reggie Miller... Cheech Marin... Mel Gibson... Rob Riener... etc.
Let me know your location and im sure we can work something out.
JetBoatRich referred me... he was my supervisor in Malibu.