PDA

View Full Version : Donated my Christmas bonus..

hoolign
12-08-2004, 03:08 PM
to Christmas wish foundation, I fgured it aint gonna change my life but might help someone have a decent Christmas, I'm putting a challenge out to everyone involved in the oil patch, we make some pretty good coin and can spare a bit.

dmontzsta
12-08-2004, 03:11 PM
That is awesome man.

switchin'addiction
12-08-2004, 03:21 PM
That is awesome man.
Ditto that thought. Very cool Hoolign!!!!

JetBoatRich
12-08-2004, 03:23 PM
:cool: Way to go :cool:

cdog
12-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Here's an idea. Instead of donating to a cause where you don't know for sure if all the money is going where you intended it to go. Why not find some one who is loosing their home or is behind on a payment. A roof over your head is more important than christmas presents. Nice gesture though.

Unforgiven
12-08-2004, 03:27 PM
Dude, you rock.
I don't care what Topless says about you, your all right. ;) :D
Forensic
yea your ok, I do care what topless says though...she's still cheating on me!!

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 03:30 PM
Here's an idea. Instead of donating to a cause where you don't know for sure if all the money is going where you intended it to go. Why not find some one who is loosing their home or is behind on a payment. A roof over your head is more important than christmas presents. Nice gesture though.
Great idea CDOG why dont you find someone and we can all chip in a few bucks..........

cdog
12-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Great idea CDOG why dont you find someone and we can all chip in a few bucks..........
I just did. Cut my commision $5,400 so these people don't loose their home. :squiggle:

hoolign
12-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Becuase I know where it goes, and a friend of ours donates time there!, if it was something like unicef i would not give a penny, this is for christmas presents for kids! if itputs some smiles on a few kids .I'm happy!
p.s. i gave a bud of mine cash six months ago so he did'nt lose his house.

cdog
12-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Becuase I know where it goes, and a friend of ours donates time there!, if it was something like unicef i would not give a penny, this is for christmas presents for kids! if itputs some smiles on a few kids .I'm happy!
p.s. i gave a bud of mine cash six months ago so he did'nt lose his house.
Good Job! My ass hurts a little from my donation, but I'll get over it.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Good Job! My ass hurts a little from my donation, but I'll get over it.
CDOG your a good man with a cool dog :D

cdog
12-08-2004, 04:18 PM
CDOG your a good man with a cool dog :D
Thanks, Hopefully I'll get some good karma for this one.

hoolign
12-08-2004, 04:34 PM
how do I taste :D :yuk: :yuk: :D

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 04:39 PM
to Christmas wish foundation, I fgured it aint gonna change my life but might help someone have a decent Christmas, I'm putting a challenge out to everyone involved in the oil patch, we make some pretty good coin and can spare a bit.
First let me say that's great! Ok... Now what's up Hooglin? 4 (maybe 3) sentimental threads in one day???? :)

Bad Baja
12-08-2004, 04:44 PM
It is funny that you indicate the topless kicked you out and now you are homeless, but yet you still donate to the homeless. Is this your way of saying you deposited your bonus into your own account.
HHHHMMMMMMMMMM

NashvilleBound
12-08-2004, 04:46 PM
I've spent the last two weeks going to some of the many local churches getting whole families off their Prayer Trees. We will take all these kids and get them all the neccesities they need. This will be one of my full time jobs next year is helping single parent and needy families. Its great that everyone wants to give during the Christmas(giving)season, but these people need help all year. If you really want to make a difference try giving in June. Its great to hear some of my fellow boaters are giving ;) Good job Hoolign!!!!
But I swear if anyone tells anyone I am doing this I'll be bent...I have a reputation to keep up. :notam:

little rowe boat
12-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Way to go,if the world was filled with more people like you,every child would have a smile on their face :cool: :smile: at Christmas.

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 04:51 PM
I've spent the last two weeks going to some of the many local churches getting whole families off their Prayer Trees. We will take all these kids and get them all the neccesities they need. This will be one of my full time jobs next year is helping single parent and needy families. Its great that everyone wants to give during the Christmas(giving)season, but these people need help all year. If you really want to make a difference try giving in June. Its great to hear some of my fellow boaters are giving ;) Good job Hoolign!!!!
But I swear if anyone tells anyone I am doing this I'll be bent...I have a reputation to keep up. :notam:
Great job NB. Bet you didn't know there were so many Churches in Nashvegas, eh.. :D

NashvilleBound
12-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Great job NB. Bet you didn't know there were so many Churches in Nashvegas, eh.. :D
Its really kinda a joke around here. I mean there are soooo many and all the quality vacant lots have Coming soon...Church of..... on them. We always go to the lower end communites. You get out on some of these side roads... its pretty bad. Ok, and without getting all mushy...God has blessed us with our Faith, Family and Friends...(I call them my 3-F's) I realized it was time to start giving back.
RO...call me tomorrow if you can....I need your services.

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Its really kinda a joke around here. I mean there are soooo many and all the quality vacant lots have Coming soon...Church of..... on them. We always go to the lower end communites. You get out on some of these side roads... its pretty bad.
RO...call me tomorrow if you can....I need your services.
Dueling Guitars and Banjos, eh.. http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/crazy.gif

topless
12-08-2004, 04:55 PM
It's not cheating if it's a board member.........remember???? :)

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 04:57 PM
It's not cheating if it's a board member.........remember???? :)
Oooooooooohhhhhh, Now that I know that and assuming I can sell it to MrsRiverOtter. Can I play :devil: http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif

AvengerBabe
12-08-2004, 04:58 PM
Wow, that is really great! The world needs more people like you! Thanks for being so wonderful!

Her454
12-08-2004, 04:58 PM
. Instead of donating to a cause where you don't know for sure if all the money is going where you intended it to go.
CDog- I work with Make a Wish every year and its a fantastic organization. UNLIKE the Red Cross, 100% of all funds go to the children and their families. Its an awsome feeling.
And if you have kids that dont appreciate life in general or christmas..because they are used to a quality life...........take them to a Make a Wish Foundation Fund Raiser, OR to a Homeless Shelter and let them serve food for a day during the Christmas season.......TRUST ME, it changes their whole outlook on life.
GOOD FOR YOU HOOLIGN and Happy Holidays,
T-

topless
12-08-2004, 05:00 PM
Oooooooooohhhhhh, Now that I know that and assuming I can sell it to MrsRiverOtter. Can I play :devil: http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif
But of course. Unforgiven is playing with everyone who has big boobies. Those that don't he'll buy them some so he can play with them too. :rollside:

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 05:02 PM
But of course. Unforgiven is playing with everyone who has big boobies. Those that don't he'll buy them some so he can play with them too. :rollside:
SOooooooooo ....... You have big brestases?? :D

NashvilleBound
12-08-2004, 05:02 PM
hmmmm
(hoping for visual help here)

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 05:06 PM
hmmmm
(hoping for visual help here)
Hey NB, there is a very cool bar a that Oprey Mills. It's got a bowling alley. Bowled 6 games yesterday. Arm was so sore I could hardly shift my 6 speed.

NashvilleBound
12-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Hey NB, there is a very cool bar a that Oprey Mills. It's got a bowling alley. Bowled 6 games yesterday. Arm was so sore I could hardly shift my 6 speed.
Hmmmm...sounds like we need to find a clear day to take the cars out and go driving...see if we can keep up with each other....

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Hmmmm...sounds like we need to find a clear day to take the cars out and go driving...see if we can keep up with each other....
Love to buy I'm sure you're 6 speed will have more horses than my 6 speed... Ya know... BIG MONEY :D

NashvilleBound
12-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Love to buy I'm sure you're 6 speed will have more horses than my 6 speed... Ya know... BIG MONEY :D
Come on....its an older rattly Chrysler product... were getting kinda off subject here eh?

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Come on....its an older rattly Chrysler product... were getting kinda off subject here eh?
http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/ot.gif Good point! Merry Christmas everybody. :D

NashvilleBound
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/ot.gif Good point! Merry Christmas everybody. :D
OHHHHH NOOO...I want to know what your driving....kaufff it up....
then we will wish everyone Merry Christmas!

speedracer
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
That is really sweet of you. My dad does the same thing every year.

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 05:21 PM
OHHHHH NOOO...I want to know what your driving....kaufff it up....
then we will wish everyone Merry Christmas!
One of these
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1849IMG_0131.JPG

NashvilleBound
12-08-2004, 05:23 PM
Is that the Nissan?

RiverOtter
12-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Is that the Nissan?
Infiniti G35 Coupe. Kinda like a stretched Nissan 350 Z. Barks 3rd gear http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/burnout.gif http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif

NashvilleBound
12-08-2004, 05:31 PM
Infiniti G35 Coupe. Kinda like a stretched Nissan 350 Z. Barks 3rd gear http://www.riverratlife.com/forums/board/ubb/graemlins/burnout.gif http://midwestboatparty.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_mrgreen.gif
I bet it weighs nothing....would be fun.....whenever your ready......

MsDrmr
12-08-2004, 08:09 PM
First let me say that's great! Ok... Now what's up Hooglin? 4 (maybe 3) sentimental threads in one day???? :)
He's just feelin a bit in the spirit of love, ad giving, you've been there before RO, and as a matter of fact I remember you givin me greens for being a softie...It's all good, I could not be more proud of you Hooligan,,,way to go. I don't make much money at all, buy I do try to help out where I can, sometimes it's a lot of help and sometimes it's me that needs the help.
Nothing in the world makes ya feel better than seeing a smile on someones face that you helped put there.

locogringo
12-08-2004, 08:46 PM
first off, kudos Hoolign;
secondly...why not teach them the skills to make it on their own. If I was offered a million dollars or the skills to make the million dollars, I would take the later.
(and then hijack it from the guy when he wasn't looking :D )

cdog
12-08-2004, 10:17 PM
first off, kudos Hoolign;
secondly...why not teach them the skills to make it on their own. If I was offered a million dollars or the skills to make the million dollars, I would take the later.
(and then hijack it from the guy when he wasn't looking :D )
I don't give anyone a hall pass to F up. But sometimes shit happens. Been there, seen it and learned from it.

missboatnam1
12-08-2004, 10:32 PM
I would love to help homeless, abused children...but really never really knew where to give , where i know for sure it will be passed to the people and not pocketed.....so make a wish is good? ...
well i think thats great that you guys are helping....i was even thinking about driving around giving out stuff? i dont know!!
MERRY XMAS!!

Sanger Pete
12-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone--interesting topic. I run a small non profit organization in Fresno that works with the residents of 8 low income neighborhoods (of about 500 households each) who are working at addressing the housing, employment, education, and health needs in each of their own neighborhoods. Esssentially, we are teaching residents how to help their neighbors to be proactive in providing solutions for their own community--it's a real grass roots effort. In addition to the limited grant funding that we have secured, I have had several individuals from the HB Board donate project boats and parts to our organization which I then complete and sell, with 100% of the proceeds going to the work of the organization.
So--here's the pitch--If you have any projects or spare parts laying around the house that you would be willing to donate, I can provide you with a receipt for the fair market value. What a deal--clear out your garages and side yards, get a deduction off this year's taxes, and help a worthwhile project teach low income families to help themselves and their neighbors. By the way, we would also accept cash donations.
Email me if you have any questions or need additional information. markwpete@sbcglobal.net
Mark Peterson--"Sanger Pete"
Fresno Neighborhood Network
www.fresnonet.org

hoolign
12-08-2004, 11:14 PM
Hey everyone--interesting topic. I run a small non profit organization in Fresno that works with the residents of 8 low income neighborhoods (of about 500 households each) who are working at addressing the housing, employment, education, and health needs in each of their own neighborhoods. Esssentially, we are teaching residents how to help their neighbors to be proactive in providing solutions for their own community--it's a real grass roots effort. In addition to the limited grant funding that we have secured, I have had several individuals from the HB Board donate project boats and parts to our organization which I then complete and sell, with 100% of the proceeds going to the work of the organization.
So--here's the pitch--If you have any projects or spare parts laying around the house that you would be willing to donate, I can provide you with a receipt for the fair market value. What a deal--clear out your garages and side yards, get a deduction off this year's taxes, and help a worthwhile project teach low income families to help themselves and their neighbors. By the way, we would also accept cash donations.
Email me if you have any questions or need additional information. markwpete@sbcglobal.net
Mark Peterson--"Sanger Pete"
Fresno Neighborhood Network
www.fresnonet.org
Hey dude..first off good on ya!..Boozers post about starting a charity could use some posotive input! maybe you could point him in the right direction!

Sanger Pete
12-08-2004, 11:55 PM
Been there, tried to help.

Charley
12-09-2004, 12:05 AM
Hollign
You Rock bud... not only did you do the deed itself you made other people around you think about doing something like! good job!! :D :D

RiverOtter
12-09-2004, 04:06 AM
He's just feelin a bit in the spirit of love, ad giving, you've been there before RO, and as a matter of fact I remember you givin me greens for being a softie...It's all good, I could not be more proud of you Hooligan,,,way to go. I don't make much money at all, buy I do try to help out where I can, sometimes it's a lot of help and sometimes it's me that needs the help.
Nothing in the world makes ya feel better than seeing a smile on someones face that you helped put there.
Ahhhhhhhh, the good ol' days when a regular guy like me could through the green around :D I'm not busting on Hoolign's at all. I think it's great and if we still had green to sling I'd through it a several peeps in this thread. As I have aged I really have gotten more pleasure out of giving than receiving :wink: .

NashvilleBound
12-09-2004, 05:16 AM
Ya, and I am sorry for highjacking your thread for a bit. If I could give you some green I would :D :confused:

OMEGA_BUBBLE_JET
12-09-2004, 06:04 AM
we used to adopt a family at christmas. we did the same single mom family for like 3 years. every year she had another baby. she was 24 and on her 6th kid when I got wise and dropped out of the game.
When I have to work on Saturdays I always like to stop and pick up breakfast at Jack in the Box. I usually order 4 or 5 extras and hand them out to the homeless guys on the street corner by my office. I WON'T give them money but I will give them food.
Omega