PDA

View Full Version : V DRIVE vs JET

Sanger D
12-08-2004, 03:33 PM
2 boats, weighing the same,same ci motor, same HP. stock casele w\18,s and a,oh lets say,11 qtr 15 prop,and the jet a stock berkley.lets say the flatty is a true flat,18ft,the jet is a 18ft rodgers or kachina or what ever!!.IF the same prof. driver drives them both,what boat would be faster? honestly,is this even a answerable question.I have always been told that a flatbottom boat is more faster and efficientthan a jet.Is there anyone out there who knows this to be true or opinion.I personaly think out of equal boats a v drive is faster. :idea: I would like some of the old school guys like harold kindsvater and the like comment on this for I think they are the most qualified to answer, but us young bucks do have are own ideas too,so lets here people. ( with out gettin in too much of a fuss).
Sanger D

Her454
12-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Ohhhhh Good lord........here we go......................... :D

Unforgiven
12-08-2004, 03:42 PM
2 boats, weighing the same,same ci motor, same HP. stock casele w\18,s and a,oh lets say,11 qtr 15 prop,and the jet a stock berkley.lets say the flatty is a true flat,18ft,the jet is a 18ft rodgers or kachina or what ever!!.IF the same prof. driver drives them both,what boat would be faster? honestly,is this even a answerable question.I have always been told that a flatbottom boat is more faster and efficientthan a jet.Is there anyone out there who knows this to be true or opinion.I personaly think out of equal boats a v drive is faster. :idea: I would like some of the old school guys like harold kindsvater and the like comment on this for I think they are the most qualified to answer, but us young bucks do have are own ideas too,so lets here people. ( with out gettin in too much of a fuss).
Sanger D
equal hp? the flatty is faster!!!

Sanger D
12-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Thtats why I said "is it even answerable" I,m seriuos,there has to be a true answer even if its a jet or out board, I,m very intrested in knowing,not just cause i have a old flatty, its just I thought a spinning propeller would be more efficeint than a pump. I,ve been a pipe fitter for 21 yrs and I know that pumps take alot of doin to make them run, or work I should say,please, I,m not trying to start a pissin contest here,so don,t take this wrong,If the question bothers anyone too much than please don,t reply.It seems a spinning mass is quicker than a mechanism that has to pull in a matter and then push it.I DO know that it takes less work to spin something freely than to pull and push something at almost the same time. Inquireing minds want to know!!

Liberator TJ1984
12-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Grasshopper ask ;
2 trucks de same exactly, Except one is stick and one is automatic....who win ??? 1/4 mile :chi:

v-drive
12-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Grasshopper ask ;
2 trucks de same exactly, Except one is stick and one is automatic....who win ??? 1/4 mile :chi:
In 1960 or today?....... :D v-drive

Her454
12-08-2004, 04:09 PM
In 1960 or today?....... :D v-drive
I was thinking more along the lines of "In reality or in LV's mind" ? :D

dmontzsta
12-08-2004, 04:20 PM
This argument is funny, cause it all boils down to pure physics. Honestly though, the jet guys will never admit it. Since you can make a jet fast, they will stick to that fact. It is like civic owners, you can beat up on them, but they will say..."If I had a turbo or nitrous it would be different". You can make a jet fast, but you can make a V-Drive faster.
To quote UCLAHATER "At the end of the day the fastest boat is and always will be a V-Drive" - Lake Perris 2004. :D

v-drive
12-08-2004, 04:37 PM
This argument is funny, cause it all boils down to pure physics. Honestly though, the jet guys will never admit it. Since you can make a jet fast, they will stick to that fact. It is like civic owners, you can beat up on them, but they will say..."If I had a turbo or nitrous it would be different". You can make a jet fast, but you can make a V-Drive faster.
To quote UCLAHATER "At the end of the day the fastest boat is and always will be a V-Drive" - Lake Perris 2004. :D
I don't know how fast my old v-drive is I just know it's to fast for my old ass.
:D v-drive

SANGER-RICH
12-08-2004, 04:40 PM
It is the old Ford vs Chevy at the drags, when I drive my daughters mustang its ok when I drive my corvette it is like driving a v-drive, I have driven and owned both v-drive and jets, v-drives are the dominant one in my book :D V-drives give you a good attitude, so it is also healthy for you in mind and soul

Norseman
12-08-2004, 04:41 PM
Grasshopper ask ;
The Red one!! :hammerhea

TRG
12-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Ok, i will say that a v-drive is faster, but are'nt we talking about who will be at the finish first (1/4 mi.)
bottom line is, who would win in a race to the finish of a 1/4 mile race between the flat and jet, right?
if your talking about runnin out the back door, hands down, i say the v-drive.
BTW, dmontzsta,(or anyone else who has anything comp.) how much power does your motor put out?
cuz my kid brother has a bone stock carribean jet that has not been touched since the day it left the manufact. BBC 330HP/ berk 12/jg pump, im willing to use it to see what will happen! (all in good fun!)
todd

dmontzsta
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Ok, i will say that a v-drive is faster, but are'nt we talking about who will be at the finish first (1/4 mi.)
bottom line is, who would win in a race to the finish of a 1/4 mile race between the flat and jet, right?
BTW, dmontzsta,(or anyone else who has anything comp.) how much power does your motor put out?
cuz my kid brother has a bone stock carribean jet that has not been touched since the day it left the manufact. BBC 330HP/ berk 12/jg pump, im willing to use it to see what will happen! (all in good fun!)
todd
Mine probably doesnt put out a bit over 300hp with all of its 390 STOCK ci, it has 17 gears and a 12x15 two blade, it is an old heavy true flat, not the fastest v drive at all. I will let the v drive guys calculate that.

dmontzsta
12-08-2004, 05:20 PM
I don't know how fast my old v-drive is I just know it's to fast for my old ass.
:D v-drive
Hey you, come on now you are not that old...where have you been? on vacation?
:shift:

coolchange
12-08-2004, 05:58 PM
My .02 opinion is you can't answer the question the way its asked. V-jet against a flat doesn't equate. I think Top fuel jet against TF flat is a better comparison. Do all you can to make them as fast as they can be then have at it.

72Hallett
12-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Fast is cool, but for me it's a combination of performance and ride. I vote for the vdrivers.

76BARRON
12-08-2004, 06:07 PM
Everything being equel then the v-drive has the edge on speed.
BUT!!!!
If you want somthing that's a bit more user friendly then the jet win's hands down!!! Sure there is a slight fuel penalty, but when you consider the total disregard for skier's in the water and sand bar's and other obstacles in the water it is hard to pass up the jet!.Then you too, can enjoy the carefree life style that many jet owners have become accustomed too! Just check out the local lakes and river's and you will see! Just ask a jet owner or if your spanish isn't so good (like mine) then just go down to the jet dealer and the salesmen will tell how much safer a jet is! :D :D :D

Sanger D
12-08-2004, 06:19 PM
I love it,good replys, but I,m talkin SAME BOATS SAME HP,not "hey if i had nitros or blower or empty tanks or,hey, I,ll drop off my ole lady then run ya!".I,m saying two identical boats,as close aswe can make em.I honestly think myself its a v drive.qtr mile or sprint.My old 69 sanger is pretty f#@!%n heavy and with a prettystock motor and ONE carb, it runs in the low 80s.I,d like to see a jet with the same weight and pony,s pull that off,sometimes I think people really don,t understand how much it really takes to make ANY boat with one carb.,under 600 hp and no bottle to do 80+ mph,v drive or jet those are pretty respectable numbers.and I can garuntee thats at the 300 to400 ft mark. I just don,t see a pump doin that with my motor in his boat.I,m runnin 18,s and a 11 and half 14 menkens"2 blade of course" .my boats not much but I,ve beat alot of tunnel rammed jets,and lost to a few and i mean a few,like 2. I just don,t think some people really know how fast there boats raelly are,80+ is a pretty tall order for a stock jet boat, even one with a tunnel ram and a little pony power,hay, icould be wrong.

Jetboatguru
12-08-2004, 06:26 PM
Here is a comparison that I do not think is arguable.
Jerry Hicks in this boat
http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/03_10_NJBA_1896_334.jpg
500inch Olds on the bottle. It runs in the 7.30's on its best day. No arguments that his boat is Top shelf and is the baddest of the bad. mph 135
vs
http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/03_10_NJBA_2152_766.jpg
Which has run 7.0s with a 500 inch Olds no bottle. mph 149
The defense rests

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-08-2004, 06:32 PM
Same old song and dance.... as soon as the v-drive guys claim to be faster the jet guys play the holeshot card. The fact is, we v-drivers could gear down to holeshot as hard as we want! Most of us enjoy cruising at reasonable rpm with a better top speed. The smartest guys have trannys.
If the comparison is purely v-drive vs jet, take a jet hydro vs a v-drive hydro to make things fair. Whats the fastest top fuel v-drive pass ever recorded?? Isn't it like 254 mph!!!?? Whats the fastest blown fuel jet hydro speed or et?? :rollside: :devil:
Jerry

Cousin Bob
12-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Well, I guess it must be the driver then :D :D :D

cyclone
12-08-2004, 06:47 PM
There's no scientific way to make a direct comparison here. First off, you'd have to have two identical hulls that are designed with optimum performance in mind whether they are powered by a vdrive or jet.
can anyone think of a hull that works optimally in both configurations? I can't. Without that, there's no equal or fair comparison.
Personally, I think the old myth's of a jet out acclerating a vdrive dont mean squat at the river or race track. I've seen plenty of very quick vdrives. And I've seen plenty of very quick jet boats. No way to say one propulsion system works better than another.
The only true statement I can think of about the differences between jets and vdrives is that any boat with a tranny between the engine and water has a top speed advantage against a direct driven jet boat doesnt it?

revndave
12-08-2004, 07:03 PM
I think the v-drive would be faster.
P.S. I'm a jet guy

76BARRON
12-08-2004, 07:07 PM
after reading the last few post I have come to realize that hull is a big part of the puzzle!!! It kinda like the outboard guy's :cry: .Are you racing boats or airplanes(air hull/hydro)That alone can make a 40+ mph differance no matter the drive system! Hell I had 150 hp piper(airplane) that did 175 mph but thats not the same deal is it! Now back to the question,same hull?(yes)then v-drive still wins !

Jake W2
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Jerry yea thats fair take the best V Drive preforming hull and compare it to the worst preforming Jet hull.Vdrive Hydro VS Jet hydro yea ok :hammerhea
I think true lake boat there might be what 3 to 5 mph diffrence betwine V drive and jet 18 footers.You know bigblock ft and back seats,through hull exuast,lights side tankes.Ect :argue:
Jake

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 07:12 PM
So like my boat..

Jake W2
12-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Sure with out the built motor and blower.
Something like 454 cast man,singel 750,with a A imp with the pump put in rite about 2 inches from the back of the transom no set back or anything you know a ski boat.
And a vdrive set up for a ski boat same motor 3 blade prop you can fill in the rest.
Jake

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Exactly like the picture in my avatar.

Jake W2
12-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Well it looks like a built motor to me tunnel ram ot headers ect.
I changed my first reply to better help you under stand what I am talking about.
Jake

Jake W2
12-08-2004, 07:24 PM
I would say you could make a jet run 70 like this 18 foot .
And my guess is thst a V drive might run 73 to 75 set up for a ski boat.

76BARRON
12-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Hey V-DRIVE VIDEO guy,how about this ?
D'CUCCI BOATS Record holder in JET BOAT RACING?or at least competitive?
now same boat(hull) with v-drive (super stock,pro stock,K) How do they compare now?

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Well it looks like a built motor to me tunnel ram ot headers ect.
I changed my first reply to better help you under stand what I am talking about.
Jake
Correct. That motor is a 440 with 10.5 compression. Open chamber heads. 2 600 holleys. And yes I have a 3 blade prop. with that combo it runs mid high 70's. Thats with 4 seats, 14 gallons of gas ( 2 7 gallon tanks)

Jake W2
12-08-2004, 07:28 PM
So it sounds like I am rite on the money with my guess.With a stock 454 singel carb deal.
Jake

steelcomp
12-08-2004, 07:28 PM
I think if we go to the other end, like V Drive said, and compare the no-holds-barred, best of the best ultimate of both...no rules, just built the baddest MO FO u can, the fastest jet hasn't even gone 200, 190, or even 180 yet. Pretty much says it all.
It's tha same comparison as a std. tranny to an automatic. The jet USES more hp, and will ALWAYS TAKE more HP to run than a v-drive. Then there's the issue of RPM. You can gear a v-drive to run any rpm you want. RPM=hp. I know some guys are using a gear reduction in jets, but then you get the HP loss of BOTH the reduction and jet pump. Thirdly, you can't run a jet out of the water like you can a prop. The back of the boat has to stay stuck, or you lose. You look at a hydro runing up on the sponsons, and there's clean air all the way through underneath, except for the prop(s) and shaft(s). I don't see how a jet will ever run much faster untill there's a way to get the ass out of the water and let the air go through. :cool:

GofastRacer
12-08-2004, 07:31 PM
From the late 70's to the ealy 90's I ran brackets with the NJBA and up
until the late 80's it was about 98% jets. I ran 95-100 bracket(no ET
brackets back then) and I had a heavy circle boat and I was running
against all these "flexy flyers'and most were tunnels but top speed was
still 100. If we both had a good light, the jet flat out left me, by
half track it looked like the jet let off the throttle and by the time
we reached the finish line we were side by side because both boats went
100mph max. Don't know how many times I prayed for just two more
feet,LOL. After I built a lighter boat(200lbs lighter) things changed
now that I could leave harder it was not all that hard to beat jets!.
The thing that amazed me at the time was, that they had more money in
their motors than I had in my whole rig just to go a 100mph!.
Now there's a lot of talk about being able to go in shallow water
because of no hardware under the boat, big fkn deal why do you think
they are called "dith pumps", in 6ft of water they will stir up the
bottom, what do you think happens in 1ft of water, at idle it will dig
a trench and all that dirt and gravel just do wonders for the wear ring
and that nice high dollar polished stainless steel impeller, not to
mention fill the block with mud!...
Now you want to talk safety, yeah egg beaters and and stern drives have
props out the back and can be a hazard but what about the pump??, I
seen a guy once spent some time in the hospital because some liquored
up dick head decided to leave at full throttle off the beach and didn't
see the guy standing 6ft away from the back of his boat and gave him a
full blast right in the face, he ended up with with broken ribs, a
puntured lung and a face full of sand and almost lost an eye!..A
v-drive don't have hardware out the back, the prop is under the boat
and it won't throw a load of mud in your face, and I don't think
anybody is going to swim under the boat to look at the prop turning!..
As a ski boat jets don't steer worth shit without being on the throttle
all the time, a v-drive steers like a car at idle or any other speed.
You can pull the average skier all day long and not go over 3000rpm and
pull a tube at 2000rpm, do that for a whole weekend and you won't burn
much more than 15 gals of gas, I did it for years pulling my kids!. Try
doing that with a ditch pump!...Still haven't found a benefit of a
"ditch pump"!... :smile:

GofastRacer
12-08-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey V-DRIVE VIDEO guy,how about this ?
D'CUCCI BOATS Record holder in JET BOAT RACING?or at least competitive?
now same boat(hull) with v-drive (super stock,pro stock,K) How do they compare now?
Don Moyle holds the record for comp jet in a D'Cucci!. Put a "motor" in the flat and it will kick ass in whatever class, ask Tony!.. :)

76BARRON
12-08-2004, 07:37 PM
cheaper to build and sell!

76BARRON
12-08-2004, 07:40 PM
Don Moyle holds the record for comp jet in a D'Cucci!. Put a "motor" in the flat and it will kick ass in whatever class, ask Tony!.. :)
WELL SAID !!!!!! :D

wsuwrhr
12-08-2004, 07:41 PM
I'll chime in, but I have to agree with Jetboatguru.
I drove a 70's Howard flat with a mild 396. Nothing special, maybe 400-450 horse(a guess), good compression, t-ram, dual carbs, basically your standard v-drive(in my mind anyway). Probably not the optimum gears or prop.
75 on GPS in Needles.
Not a ton-o-money boat is my point. Buy it on a Friday night, take it out to the river on Saturday, bam, you are doing mid 70's.
It takes more than that in a jet boat.
The real deal....
PROFESSIONAL drag race classes, with crews of guys working on them behind the scenes, Top Fuel, Top Alcohol, Pro Stock, all are dealing with an excess of 5000 horsepower, Pro Stock less, YET STILL GET BEAT by .100, .01, .001 of a second.
Drive what you are happy with. Noone will ever be the fastest for long. There will always be the next top dog trying to be the fastest.
Brian

steelcomp
12-08-2004, 07:42 PM
From the late 70's to the ealy 90's I ran brackets with the NJBA and up
until the late 80's it was about 98% jets. I ran 95-100 bracket(no ET
brackets back then) and I had a heavy circle boat and I was running
against all these "flexy flyers'and most were tunnels but top speed was
still 100. If we both had a good light, the jet flat out left me, by
half track it looked like the jet let off the throttle and by the time
we reached the finish line we were side by side because both boats went
100mph max. Don't know how many times I prayed for just two more
feet,LOL. After I built a lighter boat(200lbs lighter) things changed
now that I could leave harder it was not all that hard to beat jets!.
The thing that amazed me at the time was, that they had more money in
their motors than I had in my whole rig just to go a 100mph!.
Now there's a lot of talk about being able to go in shallow water
because of no hardware under the boat, big fkn deal why do you think
they are called "dith pumps", in 6ft of water they will stir up the
bottom, what do you think happens in 1ft of water, at idle it will dig
a trench and all that dirt and gravel just do wonders for the wear ring
and that nice high dollar polished stainless steel impeller, not to
mention fill the block with mud!...
Now you want to talk safety, yeah egg beaters and and stern drives have
props out the back and can be a hazard but what about the pump??, I
seen a guy once spent some time in the hospital because some liquored
up dick head decided to leave at full throttle off the beach and didn't
see the guy standing 6ft away from the back of his boat and gave him a
full blast right in the face, he ended up with with broken ribs, a
puntured lung and a face full of sand and almost lost an eye!..A
v-drive don't have hardware out the back, the prop is under the boat
and it won't throw a load of mud in your face, and I don't think
anybody is going to swim under the boat to look at the prop turning!..
As a ski boat jets don't steer worth shit without being on the throttle
all the time, a v-drive steers like a car at idle or any other speed.
You can pull the average skier all day long and not go over 3000rpm and
pull a tube at 2000rpm, do that for a whole weekend and you won't burn
much more than 15 gals of gas, I did it for years pulling my kids!. Try
doing that with a ditch pump!...Still haven't found a benefit of a
"ditch pump"!... :smile:
I thnik it's a "challange" thing. It really isn't that hard to make a decently set up flat run 100. Make a jet run 100? You better think twice. I started out with that in mind when I built my Bahner. I figured, "shoot, I can build this here BIg Block like I know how, and it ought to damn sure run 100!" Guess what. Building an honest 100 mph jet is a pretty good accomplishment. Do the work yourself, and you deserve a pat on the back.
Take this motor out of my boat and put it in a decent flat, let it turn 7 grand, and 100 would come real quuick I would bet. And then some.

Jake W2
12-08-2004, 07:46 PM
You guys can never figuer out if you want to talk Skiboats or Dragboats.
Jake

GofastRacer
12-08-2004, 07:52 PM
I thnik it's a "challange" thing. It really isn't that hard to make a decently set up flat run 100. Make a jet run 100? You better think twice. I started out with that in mind when I built my Bahner. I figured, "shoot, I can build this here BIg Block like I know how, and it ought to damn sure run 100!" Guess what. Building an honest 100 mph jet is a pretty good accomplishment. Do the work yourself, and you deserve a pat on the back.
Take this motor out of my boat and put it in a decent flat, let it turn 7 grand, and 100 would come real quuick I would bet. And then some.
LOL, all I had back then(all I coild afford) was a .030 over 12 to 1 427 with 990 heads and a flat tappet cam, ran it 7200 at 100mph!..It ran forever!. :smile:

GofastRacer
12-08-2004, 07:56 PM
You guys can never figuer out if you want to talk Skiboats or Dragboats.
Jake
Shit we'll talk ski boats, drag boats and circle boats it don't matter!.. :smile:

SPECTRABRENT
12-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Sept-Oct 1971 Trailer Boats Magazine
SKV JET/V-DRIVE
HULL 21'2" SKV DAYCRUISER
ENGINE 454
HP 450@5600 RPM
JET (JACUZZI JET DRIVE "B" IMPELLER)
HULL WEIGHT W/O ENGINE 1200 lbs.
TOP SPEED @ 5200 RPM 50.7
PRICE $6050.00
V-DRIVE (CRUSADER Vee DRIVE 1.15:1-12X12 3 Blade OJ PROP)
HULL WEIGHT W/O ENGINE 1400 lbs.
TOP SPEED @ 5600 RPM 55.0
PRICE $6850.00
Brent

steelcomp
12-08-2004, 08:08 PM
LOL, all I had back then(all I coild afford) was a .030 over 12 to 1 427 with 990 heads and a flat tappet cam, ran it 7200 at 100mph!..It ran forever!. :smile:
There ya go!!! :sleeping:

bottom feeder
12-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Go fast racer
How did the prop hold up in a foot of water? I have ran through some pretty thin water here and have allways be able to get back to the launch under my own power sand blasted impeller and all. Dont get me wrong the V-drive is as good as it gets for big numbers with a modest budget. Ya YA I know there are many out thare with a V-drive that should be named "OUR 401" I mean no disrespect :D They are all holes in the water we try to fill with money.
Ps. If you put a drunk in any boat their dangeous.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Jerry yea thats fair take the best V Drive preforming hull and compare it to the worst preforming Jet hull.Vdrive Hydro VS Jet hydro yea ok :hammerhea
I think true lake boat there might be what 3 to 5 mph diffrence betwine V drive and jet 18 footers.You know bigblock ft and back seats,through hull exuast,lights side tankes.Ect :argue:
Jake
Jake, the thread is "v-drive vs jet" that being said, v-drives are quicker and faster than jets :2purples: :D :D
Jerry

Jeanyus
12-08-2004, 08:16 PM
I love it,good replys, but I,m talkin SAME BOATS SAME HP,not "hey if i had nitros or blower or empty tanks or,hey, I,ll drop off my ole lady then run ya!".I,m saying two identical boats,as close aswe can make em.I honestly think myself its a v drive.qtr mile or sprint.My old 69 sanger is pretty f#@!%n heavy and with a prettystock motor and ONE carb, it runs in the low 80s.I,d like to see a jet with the same weight and pony,s pull that off,sometimes I think people really don,t understand how much it really takes to make ANY boat with one carb.,under 600 hp and no bottle to do 80+ mph,v drive or jet those are pretty respectable numbers.and I can garuntee thats at the 300 to400 ft mark. I just don,t see a pump doin that with my motor in his boat.I,m runnin 18,s and a 11 and half 14 menkens"2 blade of course" .my boats not much but I,ve beat alot of tunnel rammed jets,and lost to a few and i mean a few,like 2. I just don,t think some people really know how fast there boats raelly are,80+ is a pretty tall order for a stock jet boat, even one with a tunnel ram and a little pony power,hay, icould be wrong.
450 HP 427 in a medium layup jet.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859ronandjim.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859timeslip.jpg
I rest my case. :rollside:

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 08:17 PM
Cool but you seriously need to work on that reaction time. :D

TRG
12-08-2004, 08:20 PM
DAMN! this sh#t blew up!

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 08:21 PM
Like I said mine is a family boat. Just look, 2 kids, 2 adults and pulling a tuber. Nothing racey about my boat.
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/mike/room.JPG

TRG
12-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Like I said mine is a family boat. Just look, 2 kids, 2 adults and pulling a tuber. Nothing racey about my boat.
boating at its finest! :D

steelcomp
12-08-2004, 08:39 PM
Wooohooo! Faster, dad!!!! :D :D

revndave
12-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Wooohooo! Faster, dad!!!! :D :D
It's funny how you have to sit backwards in v-drives.Daddy I want to look.

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 08:44 PM
It's funny how you have to sit backwards in v-drives.Daddy I want to look.
Either way. I have seen back to back seats like mine and also 2 buckets and a bench facing forward. It all depends what you want. Not to mention look at the thickness of my seats.... that takes up alot of space.

Jake W2
12-08-2004, 08:44 PM
Steelcomp arnt you building a vdrive that the v drive guys say wont go over 100.
Jake

revndave
12-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Why do you guys put gages on the motors?

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Why do you guys put gages on the motors?
Because I'm always looking back at the jets. :D Actually I refuse the make swiss out of my dash. Eventually, if I ever finish it up, there is a guage panel that I tigged up out of alum that mounts between the throttle and the cav pedals.

revndave
12-08-2004, 08:56 PM
Because I'm always looking back at the jets. :D Actually I refuse the make swiss out of my dash. Eventually, if I ever finish it up, there is a guage panel that I tigged up out of alum that mounts between the throttle and the cav pedals.
Not just your boat(very nice) but all small v-drive boats.

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Didn't think it was that small. Its 19'. I think its done more for simplicity than anything.

revndave
12-08-2004, 09:01 PM
Didn't think it was that small. Its 19'. I think its done more for simplicity than anything.
Sorry,how about under 20 ft..Better?

bottom feeder
12-08-2004, 09:02 PM
I allways thought it was because thier knees covered the gauges? I remember watching my old man go out in one. you could see his shoes from the side :eek:

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Sorry,how about under 20 ft..Better?
Don't matter as long as its not a whacker.

TRG
12-08-2004, 09:10 PM
ide have to agree!

steelcomp
12-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Steelcomp arnt you building a vdrive that the v drive guys say wont go over 100.
Jake
No, no. Just not a lot of them (19' Spectras) that do, not that it won't. I just have to do a lot of homework before I start setting things in place. This is going to be a long term project. Don't forget, it's a v-bottom, v-drive. Heavy, solid boat.
In the meantime....stay tuned. :D :D

revndave
12-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Don't matter as long as its not a whacker.
I agree.NO WACKERS :boxingguy

steelcomp
12-08-2004, 09:19 PM
I agree.NO WACKERS :boxingguy
Dave...how's the noise with that exhaust on your new boat?? I bet it's not too bad. Considering. :notam:

revndave
12-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Dave...how's the noise with that exhaust on your new boat?? I bet it's not too bad. Considering. :notam:
Not too bad :D :D Its louder than my old boat.It does have 200hp more.I think its over 100db easy.

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2004, 09:46 PM
I allways thought it was because thier knees covered the gauges? I remember watching my old man go out in one. you could see his shoes from the side :eek:
My Campbell (18' Flatty) has enough free board that you can use the gunnel as an arm rest...

Moneypitt
12-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Most of the motor area mounted gauges are mechanical. Less tubing to run, shorter temp gauge required, etc. I have actally ran both mech and elec. mech on the motor, (or close) and elec on the dash.....MP

likeFATHERlikeSON3
12-08-2004, 10:05 PM
i keep reading that it takes a lot to get a jet high 70's. not always true. my pops got an old beater 454 10.5 to 1 two holleys on a high rise. stock pump nothing to special. 78mph on gps. we have beat plenty of flat bottoms with the same setup. that said, two properly setup boats, glass water, i think it would go to the v-drive. hole shot is the jet all the way. ive been in both and nothing sets like my boat.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/230crush6565-med.bmp

Squirtin Thunder
12-08-2004, 11:25 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of "In reality or in LV's mind" ? :D
Pooor Jer !!! nailed to the wall by Her !!!
Jim

Cs19
12-09-2004, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE=V-DRIVE VIDEO]Whats the fastest top fuel v-drive pass ever recorded?? Isn't it like 254 mph!!!?? Whats the fastest blown fuel jet hydro speed or et??
Jerry[/QUOT
Very bad comparison.. Blown fuel jets are a joke, always have been. ill throw up some numbers tomorrow.Tired.

MAXIMUS
12-09-2004, 08:09 AM
It is this exact mentality & popular belief that makes me enjoy running up against propeller driven boats! Like ford vs chevy... There is no way a jet can run with an equal v-drive, however there is no rules to performance or competition. Most confident boat owners (v-drive people) are very sure they can hand out asses to those around them! I would like to see a 21' v-drive "river boat" (stereo full interior dual batteries etc...) with any type of power available spend the day with me on the river burning up 50 gal of fuel then maybe make a 1/2 mile run in the evening on the same fuel type & hand me my ass? To all the nay sayers I only run 10 psi boost (appox 900 hp) & use the same set up for all purposes... :) My jet as most know is a tank & has all the bells & whistles that make a river boat convienant for sand bar outings & my evening runs to foxes! :devil: Now let me hear some good excuses or threats! :crossx: :notam:

ColeTR1
12-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Jet guys here is your chance post a picture of a Jet that has a 500 inch engine that is normal aspirated no bottle that runs 149mph.
Jerry Hicks in this boat
500inch Olds on the bottle. It runs in the 7.30's on its best day. No arguments that his boat is Top shelf and is the baddest of the bad. mph 135
vs
The defense rests

schiada96
12-09-2004, 09:22 AM
It is this exact mentality & popular belief that makes me enjoy running up against propeller driven boats! Like ford vs chevy... There is no way a jet can run with an equal v-drive, however there is no rules to performance or competition. Most confident boat owners (v-drive people) are very sure they can hand out asses to those around them! I would like to see a 21' v-drive "river boat" (stereo full interior dual batteries etc...) with any type of power available spend the day with me on the river burning up 50 gal of fuel then maybe make a 1/2 mile run in the evening on the same fuel type & hand me my ass? To all the nay sayers I only run 10 psi boost (appox 900 hp) & use the same set up for all purposes... :) My jet as most know is a tank & has all the bells & whistles that make a river boat convienant for sand bar outings & my evening runs to foxes! :devil: Now let me hear some good excuses or threats! :crossx: :notam:
I'm game and I have all of your requirements on my boat. An evening run at parker that would be fun.

MAXIMUS
12-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Bring it propeller boy!!!! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx: ;)

MAXIMUS
12-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Jet guys here is your chance post a picture of a Jet that has a 500 inch engine that is normal aspirated no bottle that runs 149mph.
I remember back when blown gas flats weren't running those #'s... Pretty friggin crazy how much advancement there has been in the last 10 yrs! I think Chuck Noriega's Quick Draw would run in the 40's???

Unchained
12-09-2004, 01:52 PM
I don't think there's any question that the flatbottom will always be faster than the jet with equal HP.
In Pro Gas they probably have very comparable HP and the flat is faster and quicker than the jet, but not by much.
The main variable is who set it up.
A wrong setup in a flat bottom and a real good setup in a tunnel jet would put the jet ahead.
Realistically how many flatbottom owners and how many jetboat owners have their setup tuned perfectly for the drags?
Maybe 20% ?
Not me. I'm still an experimenter.
But is top speed the only or the main concern in what a person wants in a boat?
If ultimate top speed was the only concern I would have bought a Hydro and that would be the end of any recreational boating.
I like all performance boats and even have friends with outboreds.

coolchange
12-09-2004, 02:05 PM
So is that a direct challenge? and how much are you willing to back that up with? Why not a 1/4 mile? 1/2 mile? Why not a lap around the whole lake? And why not make it really a "river boat" race? Dead stop, engine off. Oh ya and how about "legal". Meet all requirements including sound requirements.

MAXIMUS
12-09-2004, 02:19 PM
So is that a direct challenge? and how much are you willing to back that up with? Why not a 1/4 mile? 1/2 mile? Why not a lap around the whole lake? And why not make it really a "river boat" race? Dead stop, engine off. Oh ya and how about "legal". Meet all requirements including sound requirements.
I am affraid you lost me here??? What is your point??? What is it I am supposed to be backing up???

lucky
12-09-2004, 02:48 PM
I am affraid you lost me here??? What is your point??? What is it I am supposed to be backing up???
he wants you to race with your stero on - so he knows its a true lake boat ! :notam: :D bolt on a ski tower while your at it maxy - make him look like a smuck :D

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-09-2004, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=V-DRIVE VIDEO]Whats the fastest top fuel v-drive pass ever recorded?? Isn't it like 254 mph!!!?? Whats the fastest blown fuel jet hydro speed or et??
Jerry[/QUOT
Very bad comparison.. Blown fuel jets are a joke, always have been. ill throw up some numbers tomorrow.Tired.
Don't waste your time Chris...I was trying to be funny. :D
Jerry ;)

schiada96
12-09-2004, 03:18 PM
he wants you to race with your stero on - so he knows its a true lake boat ! :notam: :D bolt on a ski tower while your at it maxy - make him look like a smuck :D
Not sure, but it would be fun in the late afternoon chop at around roadrunner to punch off with a jet and run say to around Boatcops boat parking so we don't get into too much trouble. I'm guessing we have about the same hp. Tunnel vs v bottom this will be good

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Hey Max,
Beware of a yellow Raysoncraft GN lake boat with Twin Turbos and a gray haired older looking young man driving. :idea:
Jerry :)

MAXIMUS
12-09-2004, 03:33 PM
Not sure, but it would be fun in the late afternoon chop at around roadrunner to punch off with a jet and run say to around Boatcops boat parking so we don't get into too much trouble. I'm guessing we have about the same hp. Tunnel vs v bottom this will be good
Yea yea yea yea... jets don't work very well in rough water! :rolleyes: As a matter of fact mine sucks or lack of! :notam: Besides traveling at the speeds I had in mind Roadrunner to Boat cops pad wouldn't be a safe way to go! :rolleyes:

MAXIMUS
12-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Hey Max,
Beware of a yellow Raysoncraft GN lake boat with Twin Turbos and a gray haired older looking young man driving. :idea:
Jerry :)
Jerry that is a very stout piece! I don't feel its a fair comparison however... :idea:

MAXIMUS
12-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Hi lucky... The ski tow thing is a little overboard! As if...:notam: :notam: I don't race with the stereo on, That would be stupid!!!! The disk playa skips at excellerated speeds! :devil:

coolchange
12-09-2004, 04:53 PM
So youve never had it handed to you by a 21 v drive river cruiser if I read your post right. Seems to me a pretty broad statement. Then someone says something about a Rayson and its not a fair comparison?
BTW- What's a smuck? :confused: :D

Kindsvater Flat
12-09-2004, 05:30 PM
What about J540's day cruiser? Doesn't he run that all over the river down there? Its suppose to go pretty good.

bp
12-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Jerry Hicks in this boat
vs
The defense rests
hey, can't you find somebody in the same age group to pick on? show a little respect, will ya? this ain't some canadian, ya know... :cool:

GofastRacer
12-09-2004, 05:41 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :D :D

VD CRUISER
12-09-2004, 07:35 PM
I'd like to take Maximus up on that run, but I don't think I could burn 50 gals of gas in one day. Most days we burn about 25 gals of 93 octane. Of course its a long way for me to travel to catch up with you guys. :D

Cs19
12-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Jerry Hicks in this boat
vs
The defense rests
Maybe comparable. Depending on what kind of power he makes, I have a real strong feeling that thing makes more than Jerrys does. Jer's motor is definatly screwed togethor right, but its no fire breather.Outdated parts.
No doubt flats are faster, we all know this. So lets say its a half a second different. I can live with that. We are the underdogs.
Got an 1/8 mile time slip on that white flat to post for me?
Also what did your flat with the 805 horse motor run in the 1/8 and 1/4?
thanks cs19

Cs19
12-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Since when does MPH have anything to do with anything.
I beat a 120 plus mph flat to my 107 at ming.

77charger
12-09-2004, 08:31 PM
I've also beat a few jets that went 110-114 with a flat that only went 107-109 mph. :rollside: :boxed: :)

Roman 1
12-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Did you leave at the same time? Did the flat stay in the gas the entire time? Was it a license pass for him? Were there mechanical problems early in the run for the flatty? Puleeeeease!!!!!
R1 :supp:

Cs19
12-09-2004, 11:56 PM
Roman I ran a 9.1
Are you saying flats running slower than 9.1 dont see speeds of 120 plus?
Im afraid your wrong if thats the case.
LMAO. im waching a video right now. On-re just ran a 9.40 at 120 plus..LOL

stix818
12-10-2004, 03:24 AM
I guess this topic is similar to a Hydro being the faster one over a flat. It all comes down to drag and which is more efficient!! I only run 120 but at the same time ran in the 8.60s. My boat's all about the first 1/8. Anyways, just thought I would show a picture of a flat and a jet. :D Just pockin some fun!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/8804_11_IHBA_5911_181.jpg

Ex PSI Canyon
12-10-2004, 04:01 AM
The fastest quickest class in Drag boat racing is? Anyone? anyone? anyone? The Drag races are over in the 1/4 mile not the 1/8. And I dont think Berkeley is there sponsor!

MAXIMUS
12-10-2004, 06:28 AM
So youve never had it handed to you by a 21 v drive river cruiser if I read your post right. Seems to me a pretty broad statement. Then someone says something about a Rayson and its not a fair comparison?
BTW- What's a smuck? :confused: :D
Yes it would not be a fair comparison. I am not trying to talk smack or come off as a smuck? A 2 seat gn boat is not the same as a river cruiser. That would be like me gutting my boat out & then picking on a full interior pleasure boat. If you want to talk smack & be a dick then I can do that too! :smile: I made a simple statement that does not need to be altered to make sense! :notam:

MAXIMUS
12-10-2004, 06:58 AM
What about J540's day cruiser? Doesn't he run that all over the river down there? Its suppose to go pretty good.
Yea he claims some pretty huge #'s. That would be a good comparison! :crossx:

coolchange
12-10-2004, 07:09 AM
Whos tryin to be a dick. Now you want to call names? My reference to "smuck" was your freind sayin Make him look like a smuck. BTW I assume you and he meant "Shmuck".

MAXIMUS
12-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Did you have something constructive to add to this conversation??? :notam:

MAXIMUS
12-10-2004, 07:19 AM
Yea spelling gets a little touchy sometimes eh! :idea:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Yes it would not be a fair comparison. I am not trying to talk smack or come off as a smuck? A 2 seat gn boat is not the same as a river cruiser. That would be like me gutting my boat out & then picking on a full interior pleasure boat. If you want to talk smack & be a dick then I can do that too! :smile: I made a simple statement that does not need to be altered to make sense! :notam:
OK Max, your right. To remedy this, the guy with the Rayson has agreed to throw in back seats, cooler and a stereo to even up the comparison. And he's running carbs to your enderle. :jawdrop: :D :D

Jetboatguru
12-10-2004, 05:00 PM
Maybe comparable. Depending on what kind of power he makes, I have a real strong feeling that thing makes more than Jerrys does. Jer's motor is definatly screwed togethor right, but its no fire breather.Outdated parts.
No doubt flats are faster, we all know this. So lets say its a half a second different. I can live with that. We are the underdogs.
thanks cs19
Chris, it has run 3.99 @140 to the 1/8th
It should make more than Jerry's off the bottle but not when he is squeezing it.

Blown 472
12-10-2004, 05:41 PM
thanks cs19
So now you are an expert on this boat?? sheesh what an arrogant sob.

revndave
12-10-2004, 05:47 PM
I'll go against any 21 river cruiser with my lake boat.Maximus boat is bad ass :crossx: :crossx: I got your back Ben.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/686100_0155.JPG

dmontzsta
12-10-2004, 06:27 PM
I'll go against any 21 river cruiser with my lake boat.Maximus boat is bad ass :crossx: :crossx: I got your back Ben.
Nice pic...damn green Elsinore water though. :D Is that your wife? :D

Cs19
12-10-2004, 06:48 PM
It should make more than Jerry's off the bottle but not when he is squeezing it.
thats pretty good to the 1/8. Jerry's close to that. I forget, ill find out.
Ya Jerry probably makes more on the juice. On gas, not comparable.
What about the flat w/805 hp you used to have?

FOURQ
12-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Nice pic...damn green Elsinore water though. :D Is that your wife? :D
i have heard his hat still smells like squid...lol

Cs19
12-10-2004, 07:00 PM
So now you are an expert on this boat?? sheesh what an arrogant sob.
whats your problem Blown?
Im not an expert on the boat, but I happen to know some things about it.Does that make me arrogant that I mention its not a good comparison simply cause they are both 500 inch olds?

schiada96
12-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Ok another lake boat. Ok I'll play middle of the day parker or havasu nice little chop

revndave
12-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Ok another lake boat. Ok I'll play middle of the day parker or havasu nice little chop
You find me doing burn down runs in front of Foxes at any time of the day :D

Wicky
12-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Vdrive all the way. Have prop will travel. Come on out to the BBSP next year Maxi. I'm sure there will be a few v drives hanging around looking for their trailer. Spank Spank Spank. I just love seeing a good race. I'll race ya through the rough stuff from Speed Alley to the dam and back to speed alley.
Mow,
Wicky

Roman 1
12-10-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm sure there will be a few v drives hanging around looking for their trailer. Spank Spank Spank.
Mow,
Wicky
Why, is something going on?? Oh, BBSP...I didn't think so. A bunch of wackers aren't enough motorvation to bring out the elite. BTW quit spankin it in here. :hammerhea
R1

schiada96
12-11-2004, 04:47 AM
Vdrive all the way. Have prop will travel. Come on out to the BBSP next year Maxi. I'm sure there will be a few v drives hanging around looking for their trailer. Spank Spank Spank. I just love seeing a good race. I'll race ya through the rough stuff from Speed Alley to the dam and back to speed alley.
Mow,
Wicky
That mild water not ruff. Lets say the outher side of the chanel to copper canyon on a buisy weekend

VD CRUISER
12-11-2004, 06:45 AM
revndave,
Nice boat, what is the top speed, what is the length ?

revndave
12-11-2004, 07:18 AM
revndave,
Nice boat, what is the top speed, what is the length ?
Its a 21 Tom Papp Racing.Don't know yet.Had it to 102.Had to back out.Boat has some handling issues and at that time motor didn't have a tune up.Motor was dynoed.Tune up is good.Now to put motor back in and work on pump set up.

waterwitch
12-11-2004, 09:44 AM
That mild water not ruff. Lets say the outher side of the chanel to copper canyon on a buisy weekend
Oh that's an intelligent statement. Are you going to weave
in and out of the lake lice and skiers? How about ma and pa
in thier 32' pontoon? They just love to turn without looking.
Gotta get them fish you know...... :D
Back to reality.....

Wicky
12-11-2004, 10:11 AM
. BTW quit spankin it in here. :hammerhea
R1
lmao Romie lmao!!! :D Shiada 96 hasn't had his coffee yet. I didn't even know SHiada made a jet. Do they?
Offer still stands. Revendave??? Speed Alley to the dam and back. Must be 20ft or under and a sucker boat. I'll bring my fishing rods. Whackawhackawhacka.
MOw,
Wicky

schiada96
12-11-2004, 10:11 AM
Oh that's an intelligent statement. Are you going to weave
in and out of the lake lice and skiers? How about ma and pa
in thier 32' pontoon? They just love to turn without looking.
Gotta get them fish you know...... :D
Back to reality.....
What? no different than the rest of the boats going fast in the same aera. I've seen any number of boats going 100 + there.

Wicky
12-11-2004, 10:14 AM
OOps!! I guess we will change the rules to 21ft for oveRevendave!!

schiada96
12-11-2004, 10:17 AM
lmao Romie lmao!!! :D Shiada 96 hasn't had his coffee yet. I didn't even know SHiada made a jet. Do they?
Offer still stands. Revendave??? Speed Alley to the dam and back. Must be 20ft or under and a sucker boat. I'll bring my fishing rods. Whackawhackawhacka.
MOw,
Wicky
Mines not a jet, I'll play but you know it's a car motor boat. Bring it on eggbeater. Coffee 2 cups allready

coolchange
12-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Nice boats. Your both injected and whining about 125# of seats? Lake boat race huh? OK like I said before if your a lake boat then, dead stop ( I can't beleive you jets arn't just wettin yourselves on that one) motor off, then go. Or how bout idle through the channel then hit it to the Springs?

schiada96
12-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Nice boats. Your both injected and whining about 125# of seats? Lake boat race huh? OK like I said before if your a lake boat then, dead stop ( I can't beleive you jets arn't just wettin yourselves on that one) motor off, then go. Or how bout idle through the channel then hit it to the Springs?
I'm game for that, then lunch

Wicky
12-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Mines not a jet, I'll play but you know it's a car motor boat. Bring it on eggbeater. Coffee 2 cups allready
OK, you can play too but, I like picking on the jets. I have much respect for the Vdrive. Speaking of car motors I once saw a Class 10 buggy with a 2.5Mercury Outboard stuffed into it. 1.5 cups for me as of now.
WHere's the Kahlua,
Wicky

coolchange
12-11-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm game for that, then lunch
On them.

Wicky
12-11-2004, 10:37 AM
I'll be your huckleberry!!! I have a prop and only 225 horsepower!!! Only thing, I could run for two full days and only burn 50 gallons.
I got two guns...one for each of ya,
Wicky

Wicky
12-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Seating for 5 comfortably!!!! 2 90qt ice chests. Don't forget the ski pole.
Kinda bored this morning,
Wicky...the whacka!!!

schiada96
12-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Seating for 5 comfortably!!!! 2 90qt ice chests. Don't forget the ski pole.
Kinda bored this morning,
Wicky...the whacka!!!
I got a ski pole, you want to run with a skier. I'm bored too

Wicky
12-11-2004, 11:35 AM
I got a ski pole, you want to run with a skier. I'm bored too
Hmmmm...I'll have to do some research on that one. I know of a couple guys running Allisons for speed skiing in Cali. I would be willing to bet the ride would be a little bumpier behind my boat than yours if, it were a choppy day.
I aint no dummy but, it would be interesting. You'll have to find me a skier though.
Mow,
Wickybb

Wicky
12-11-2004, 11:37 AM
You'll have to find me a skier though.
Better yet, how about some strippers for the pole?? :D

Thunderbutt
12-12-2004, 05:56 AM
All I can tell you is that my 20 foot Spectra v-drive beat my friends 20 Spectra jet with the same moter. No contest Then when I added the th400 trainy it was realy no contest, so he bought a v-drive.

MAXIMUS
12-13-2004, 08:12 AM
OK Max, your right. To remedy this, the guy with the Rayson has agreed to throw in back seats, cooler and a stereo to even up the comparison. And he's running carbs to your enderle. :jawdrop: :D :D
I'll tell you what... tell the gentleman to save himself the trouble. I will hollow my ride out for a v-drive regatta deal & that will make it a little more even. I figure removing about 800 lbs should wake it up a little! :)

MAXIMUS
12-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Dead stop would be hard do to... :idea: having to use a squirt bottle to get mine running... :rolleyes: Idling through the channel would be rough because it would load up fowl plugs & over heat... :notam: Are you really serious with your ranting... Do you have something to run or are you riding the coat tails of your fellow boaters! I don't care if somebody beats me or not! If they do then they have a faster boat! :notam:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-13-2004, 03:20 PM
I'll tell you what... tell the gentleman to save himself the trouble. I will hollow my ride out for a v-drive regatta deal & that will make it a little more even. I figure removing about 800 lbs should wake it up a little! :)
Don't take the motor out!! :eek: :)
JG

CrazyHippy
12-13-2004, 08:03 PM
Hmmmm...I'll have to do some research on that one. I know of a couple guys running Allisons for speed skiing in Cali. I would be willing to bet the ride would be a little bumpier behind my boat than yours if, it were a choppy day.
I aint no dummy but, it would be interesting. You'll have to find me a skier though.
Mow,
Wickybb
I'm crazy Wicky... find me a ski :crossx:
I'm even in decent shape :skull:
BJH

CrazyHippy
12-13-2004, 08:08 PM
todd
I've got roughly 300HP :cool: and i'll play :D
It's just your everyday lake boat w/ a prop.
BJH :devil:

coolchange
12-13-2004, 09:05 PM
Who's ranting?

NitroMan
12-13-2004, 09:07 PM
I've got roughly 300HP :cool: and i'll play :D
It's just your everyday lake boat w/ a prop.
BJH :devil:
I think you may be lost son. These are big boys in here.

Squirtin Thunder
12-13-2004, 09:13 PM
:eat:

coolchange
12-13-2004, 09:22 PM
I'm not trying to talk shit. I think your boat is pretty bad ass.
I'll be in a Brummet.

CrazyHippy
12-13-2004, 10:43 PM
I think you may be lost son. These are big boys in here.
Might want to read what was quoted there too... And i aint skeered, Just have to postpone the race till the trailer bunks dry out... now who's skeered :jawdrop: :D
BJH :clover:

Cs19
12-13-2004, 11:10 PM
Jerry can run better than 3.99 while on the bottle. I know its not comparable to the abyss on gas, just wanted to let you know.
Cant imagine running that quick to the 1/8.
what does an alcohol flat run for the 1/8 mile?

Carnivalride
12-14-2004, 05:02 AM
[QUOTE=cs19]
QUOTE]
Yea I have to try and imagine it because my boats still a few seconds off of that. :messedup: :( :hammer2:

MAXIMUS
12-14-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm not trying to talk shit. I think your boat is pretty bad ass.
I'll be in a Brummet.
Like I said to all those that think a jet is a waste, it is not an easy task for a comparable v-drive to run what I am running... I know what it could do if I gutted it but that is not what it was intended to be... Now that being said I own a v-drive & don't think I will own any more jets... :p

revndave
12-14-2004, 07:15 AM
Like I said to all those that think a jet is a waste, it is not an easy task for a comparable v-drive to run what I am running... I know what it could do if I gutted it but that is not what it was intended to be... Now that being said I own a v-drive & don't think I will own any more jets... :p
What no more jets. :mad: I guess now I gotta hate you :D

lucky
12-14-2004, 07:37 AM
:eat:
and ya still came back emty handed !!!@! :D let me load up my with some coolers and the family - that would make it a little more fair ! :D keel sucker

Jetboatguru
12-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Jerry can run better than 3.99 while on the bottle. I know its not comparable to the abyss on gas, just wanted to let you know.
what does an alcohol flat run for the 1/8 mile?
We have run 3.77 to the eighth

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 10:08 AM
and ya still came back emty handed !!!@! :D let me load up my with some coolers and the family - that would make it a little more fair ! :D keel sucker
I don't have a rule agianst hosing down someone if they are catching me.

lucky
12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
I don't have a rule agianst getting hosed by someone if they are passing me. well i'm glad that is all settled :notam:
f= frequently o= overrated r= rarley d= driven !! :eek:

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 11:12 AM
well i'm glad that is all settled :notam:
f= frequently o= overrated r= rarley d= driven !! :eek:
Well just bring it then !!!!
OK !!!!
VDrive boys and Girls !!!
And childern of all ages !!!
Dec. 27th Lake Mohave @ Katherens Landing
Bring those trailer Queenies out !!!
Yes open water !!!!
I want to see the Queens get Wet !!!!
Come on Stop Talkin !!!!!

rrrr
12-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Idling through the channel would be rough because it would load up fowl plugs & over heat... :notam: Are you really serious with your ranting... Do you have something to run or are you riding the coat tails of your fellow boaters! I don't care if somebody beats me or not! If they do then they have a faster boat! :notam:
Fowl plugs? Is that what jet boaters call it when they shove chickens up their asses for decorative purposes? :eek: :eek: :D :D

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Fowl plugs? Is that what jet boaters call it when they shove chickens up their asses for decorative purposes? :eek: :eek: :D :D
I geuss you would now about chicken out there in Plano Texassss right ????

canuck1
12-14-2004, 12:04 PM
So, how many v-drives can run at 120mph or over for 60 to 70 miles, And still have to turn while doing this?
Jets can't run in rough water, bring your flat and lets go play
OK here is the challenge
any v-drive you want against my hull, we will use the same motors......stock gm crate ZZ4 with through transom exhaust, no headers and a 750 holley, who wants to play?

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 12:21 PM
I would hate to live in a glass house like you when you like to throw so many stones !!!
Birthday:
July 25, 1969
displayname:
lucky
loginname:
lucky
forename:
21 foot howard v drive
surname:
707 4892 080
Biography:
titties , boobies , and bouncing boats
Interests:
boats boats boats
diligently working
Your Boat:
78 howard v drive / 76 tarva jet
Is that a jet in your family ???? :hammer2:

lucky
12-14-2004, 12:42 PM
I would hate to live in a glass house like you when you like to throw so many stones !!!
Birthday:
July 25, 1969
displayname:
lucky
loginname:
lucky
forename:
21 foot howard v drive
surname:
707 4892 080
Biography:
titties , boobies , and bouncing boats
Interests:
boats boats boats
diligently working
Your Boat:
78 howard v drive / 76 tarva jet
Is that a jet in your family ???? :hammer2:
yea i gave it to my dad - he had my nephew and him in his boat my verrry first time out in the cruiser - with five adults in my boat - 70 gallons of fuel two ice chest and all the other crap associated with boating -- and guess what - i had him by a boat legnth and was still going - and i know for a fact that his jet will run 75 mph - yea he left first - but the glory is finishing first !! so my glass house is solid : :D ps i have nothing against jets ---- v drives are faster ---- is this bench racers so with that ford - i know i got it covered lol :eek: :hammer2:

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 01:15 PM
yea i gave it to my dad - he had my nephew and him in his boat my verrry first time out in the cruiser - with five adults in my boat - 70 gallons of fuel two ice chest and all the other crap associated with boating -- and guess what - i had him by a boat legnth and was still going - and i know for a fact that his jet will run 75 mph - yea he left first - but the glory is finishing first !! so my glass house is solid : :D ps i have nothing against jets ---- v drives are faster ---- is this bench racers so with that ford - i know i got it covered lol :eek: :hammer2:
Sorry I misstated myself 74mph and I have added about 150hp I am hoping to gain 10 - 15mph from that and then the 150hp shot of laugh my ass off because I smoked you. Should and at least 5mph. So that being said, 84mph - 94mph. And not taking into acount that the jet is quicker by nature, I know the wieght difference between our two boats is huge. So again I will out quick you. Just for instance it will take a 108mph vdrive to catch a 94mph jet in the 1/8 mile !!!! Now I am hearing gears and propshafts coming apart. Not to mention your ill faited trust in gm product.

mfrey
12-14-2004, 02:07 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/1472bk81-82gth-med.jpg
It's such a long thread...didn't see anyone say anything about this boat...1982...GTH...it was a v-drive driven JET. The pump was mounted under the hull...right about under the motor as I recall. It ran in the low 100's. They never got it dialed in, and according to Bruce at GTH, they had to discontinue the venture because of $. Something different.

Lake Ape
12-14-2004, 02:11 PM
And this boat which was originally a V-Drive and for some reason ended up a Jet!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1177SkiRaceJet-med.jpg

lucky
12-14-2004, 02:42 PM
Sorry I misstated myself 74mph and I have added about 150hp I am hoping to gain 10 - 15mph from that and then the 150hp shot of laugh my ass off because I smoked you. Should and at least 5mph. So that being said, 84mph - 94mph. And not taking into acount that the jet is quicker by nature, I know the wieght difference between our two boats is huge. So again I will out quick you. Just for instance it will take a 108mph vdrive to catch a 94mph jet in the 1/8 mile !!!! Now I am hearing gears and propshafts coming apart. Not to mention your ill faited trust in gm product.
DAM YOU PUSSIES CAN ONLY RUN A 1/8 MILE WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT - FINE - I'LL TAKE THE COOLERS OUT - THAT OUGHT TO GIVE ME ENOUGH TO MAKE UP 5MPH ( LETS SEE 24X12X6= 108 LBS ) AND RUN 30 GALLONS OF FUEL - OHH - AND HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN OFF IN A V DRIVE IN 2ND GEAR ? - SO DO YOU WANT ME TO OVER DRIVE THE BLOWER FOR ANOTHER 50-75 HP THAT I CAN USE ALL DAY LONG - JUST NOT TILL I I KICK THE WEAK BOTTOM END OF MY 460 FORD OUT,---OR SHOULD I KICK OUT THE PASSANGERS ? OR YA SEEN ENOUGH OF MY PIPE :D - PS I TOOK OUT THE BIG CAM ALREADY - SO I'LL GIVE YA A BREAK THERE :sleeping: IS 94 IN A JET RATED LIKE CURRENCY EXCHANGE ?? JUST SO I'M CLEAR ON THE BIG PIC ! :sqeyes: -- QUICK IS'NT GOOD BY THE WAY - BOATING IS FOR ENJOYMENT - I LIKE DOING THINGS LONGER THAN 3.77 LMAO - WELL YOU DID IT NOW - DAM WACKER GUYS JUST LOST RESPECT FOR ME DEFENDING MY V- DRIVE AGAINST A JET -- YOU FLOCKER :rolleyes:

lucky
12-14-2004, 02:47 PM
And this boat which was originally a V-Drive and for some reason ended up a Jet!
OBVIOUSLY THE RIGGER WAS STONED :idea: THE ONLY JET YOU WILL NOT GET A ARUGMENT OUT OF ME IS THE WHITE WATER RIVER RACERS - DEM DUDES GOT THE CAHONEE'S

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 02:54 PM
DAM YOU PUSSIES CAN ONLY RUN A 1/8 MILE WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT - FINE - I'LL TAKE THE COOLERS OUT - THAT OUGHT TO GIVE ME ENOUGH TO MAKE UP 5MPH ( LETS SEE 24X12X6= 108 LBS ) AND RUN 30 GALLONS OF FUEL - OHH - AND HAVE YOU EVER TAKEN OFF IN A V DRIVE IN 2ND GEAR ? - SO DO YOU WANT ME TO OVER DRIVE THE BLOWER FOR ANOTHER 50-75 HP THAT I CAN USE ALL DAY LONG - JUST NOT TILL I I KICK THE WEAK BOTTOM END OF MY 460 FORD OUT,---OR SHOULD I KICK OUT THE PASSANGERS ? OR YA SEEN ENOUGH OF MY PIPE :D - PS I TOOK OUT THE BIG CAM ALREADY - SO I'LL GIVE YA A BREAK THERE :sleeping: IS 94 IN A JET RATED LIKE CURRENCY EXCHANGE ?? JUST SO I'M CLEAR ON THE BIG PIC ! :sqeyes: -- QUICK IS'NT GOOD BY THE WAY - BOATING IS FOR ENJOYMENT - I LIKE DOING THINGS LONGER THAN 3.77 LMAO - WELL YOU DID IT NOW - DAM WACKER GUYS JUST LOST RESPECT FOR ME DEFENDING MY V- DRIVE AGAINST A JET -- YOU FLOCKER :rolleyes:
Are you done yelling at me ????

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Actually it was a Jet from conception !!!

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 02:57 PM
I am not scared the 466ci Big Bad Ford in my boat is an endurance engine WOT for 4 hours lets play.

lucky
12-14-2004, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Squirtin Thunder]Sorry I misstated myself 74mph and I have added about 150hp I am hoping to gain 10 - 15mph from that and then the 150hp shot of laugh my ass off because I smoked you. Should and at least 5mph. So that being said, 84mph - 94mph. And not taking into acount that the jet is quicker by nature, I know the wieght difference between our two boats is huge. So again I will out quick you. Just for instance it will take a 108mph vdrive to catch a 94mph jet in the 1/8 mile !!!! Now I am hearing gears and propshafts coming apart. Not to mention your ill faited trust in gm product.[/QUOTE)
ps all my buddies run big fords - dollar for dollar realibity and proformace ya can't beat a chevy - i have not seen alot of gears come apart - have broke a prop - but that just shows the power of a chevy - :eek:

Lake Ape
12-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Huh? It's for sale right now and the owner says that it was once a V-drive and he converted it so that he could compete in other classes, its even a got patch in the bottom where the shaft came out.

lucky
12-14-2004, 03:02 PM
no :D Are you done yelling at me ????

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Then I stepped on my dick ooooppppppppppssssssss !!!! That thing gets in the way alot !!!!
There must be another one that was a jet with that crazy cav-plate system on it.
Sorry
Jim

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 03:06 PM
no :D
STICKER IN AND GET HER WET ???????
Well bring that thing down and lets see it run on the 27th !!!
Don't be scared !!!
Come on big boy !!!
STICKER IN AND GET HER WET !!!!

Lake Ape
12-14-2004, 03:06 PM
Then I stepped on my dick ooooppppppppppssssssss !!!! That thing gets in the way alot !!!!
There must be another one that was a jet with that crazy cav-plate system on it.
Sorry
Jim
From what I gather that problem is pretty common around here! If you want to buy that boat it's only $11K.
'82 Spectra (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/76754526.htm)

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 03:08 PM
From what I gather that problem is pretty common around here! If you want to buy that boat it's only $11K.
'82 Spectra (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/2/6/76754526.htm)
Steelcomp has a Spectra Jet !!!!

MAXIMUS
12-14-2004, 04:05 PM
What no more jets. :mad: I guess now I gotta hate you :D
Naw don't hate the playa's hate the game! :messedup:
Dave I would not sell my daytona for a v-drive! I just don't think I will be owning any more... Besides I love being a thorn in the ass of the v-drive community as well as a well loved brutha... :cool: :p They are all my bitches! MUHA MUHA MUHAAAAAAAAA :devil:

MAXIMUS
12-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Besides, sounds like I now have a partner in crime! :crossx: :crossx:

Jim Anderson
12-14-2004, 04:26 PM
Bla bla bla bla, soon to a lake near ME- will be that badest a$$- freakin dirty ditch pump V-DRIVE smokin Daytona. So pack your lunch and your supper wackers and V-drivers cuz its almost done!!!!!!! :D
Have a nice day.............
:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

sdpm
12-14-2004, 05:43 PM
I have a little 465ci Pontiac with "dual Quads" in a prop boat. Can we come and play? It doesn't turn very good.

Squirtin Thunder
12-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Just so you guys know what to look for;

revndave
12-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Besides, sounds like I now have a partner in crime! :crossx: :crossx:
Hell ya brotha :crossx: :crossx:
:eat: V-drives

Cs19
12-14-2004, 07:44 PM
We have run 3.77 to the eighth
Phew.Thats quick Tony.
Id be embarassed to post my best 1/8 mile. :notam:

Sangerboy
12-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Yet another fine example of the benefits of contraception

steelcomp
12-14-2004, 08:21 PM
Bla bla bla bla, soon to a lake near ME- will be that badest a$$- freakin dirty ditch pump V-DRIVE smokin Daytona. So pack your lunch and your supper wackers and V-drivers cuz its almost done!!!!!!! :D
Have a nice day.............
Hey drag...I'll se your dirty ditch pump v-drive smokin Daytona Delaminator and raise ya one!
Partners in crime???
Now we are three! :D
(Details coming soon)