PDA

View Full Version : I can't be the only one...

Jordy
12-08-2004, 04:43 PM
who is totally disgusted by the thought of Scott Peterson's parents, friends, and family getting up on the stand talking about what a great guy he is and how he deserves to live and how it would be an injustice to execute him.
The thought of that is bad enough on its' own, but this whole thing goes on in front of Laci's friends and family. Guess she and Conner didn't deserve to live. :frown:
If it was up to me, the minute that the jury came back with a guilty plea, he'd be put on a plane halfway to Hawaii and let him out. Tread water as long as you can asshole. :devil:

Her454
12-08-2004, 04:47 PM
who is totally disgusted by the thought of Scott Peterson's parents, friends, and family getting up on the stand talking about what a great guy he is and how he deserves to live and how it would be an injustice to execute him.
The thought of that is bad enough on its' own, but this whole thing goes on in front of Laci's friends and family. Guess she and Conner didn't deserve to live. :frown:
If it was up to me, the minute that the jury came back with a guilty plea, he'd be put on a plane halfway to Hawaii and let out. Tread water as long as you can asshole. :devil:
Jordy, I was thinking the very same thing this morning when the News was saying it was his mothers turn to testify on his behalf and how his neighbor had really swayed the jury with her anti-death penalty testimony. Its pathetic. He should be put to death and her family spared any more of this pain. Nothing will bring Lacy or Conner back but that family deserves some closure. Has there been a decision yet?
God Bless them all.

redi4fun
12-08-2004, 04:51 PM
Not by any means........very disgusting.
Did you see, I think it was his cousin get on their soapbox and say how they wish their kid would grow up to be just like Scott P :( Please, lets get real here :rolleyes: What a joke!!!!

little rowe boat
12-08-2004, 04:53 PM
They believe he is innocent.

Ziggy
12-08-2004, 04:57 PM
That whole situation has me perplexed :confused: Its sad to realize he took that route with Laci, so many lives have been turned upside down, all probably 'cause he didn't know how to deal with his own affair....its all just very sad.
Hang him sure...but I'd almost rather see him have to think about it everyday. Death is too easy a way to punish him.

NastyOne
12-08-2004, 05:02 PM
That whole situation has me perplexed :confused: Its sad to realize he took that route with Laci, so many lives have been turned upside down, all probably 'cause he didn't know how to deal with his own affair....its all just very sad.
Hang him sure...but I'd almost rather see him have to think about it everyday. Death is too easy a way to punish him.
Im with you. I think having to stay in prison your whole life would suck more, but I hate to pay for these scum bags. Put a $1.27 bullet in his head and call it a day.

DansBlown73Nordic
12-08-2004, 05:03 PM
They should tie him to a tree. Then wrap a small wire around his nuts and fasten it Lacis parents car. Then tell them GO!!!!!!!! :D

Her454
12-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Statics show this is far more costly to the tax payers, not only for the cost of housing and feeding the prisoner but because of the numerous appeals which waste man hours and money. By treating criminals this way, we are encouraging behavior that will result in a prison sentence. If there is no threat of death to one who commits a murder, than that person is guaranteed to be provided with a decent living environment until their next parole hearing. AT OUR COST. They are definitely not getting the punishment they deserve. Taking this point one step further, how will the family of the murderer's victim feel about this unfit punishment?
And here are some numbers for you. At the end of 1992 State and Federal prisons reached a record high of 883,593 prisoners. This record means that approximately 1,143 prison bed spaces are needed per week due to overcrowding. To put this in an economic prospective, on the average each prisoner cost $22,000 per year, and the cost of new construction averages almost $54,000 per bed (AAE "Prison"). The 883,593 prisoners are costing the American taxpayers approximately $19.4 billion plus another $61.7 million for the construction of the 1,143 spaces needed. Why should we, the tax payers/the victims, support these criminals?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
12-08-2004, 05:04 PM
how about the aunt that wanted her son to grow up to be just like Scott. What an idiot.

HCS
12-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Well if they don't put his ass to death I hope he rots to death in Pelican bay.
Throw him in with the general population there and let them have at it.
The guy's a prick to say the least. :mad:

HCS
12-08-2004, 05:06 PM
Hopefully he'll hang himself.

redi4fun
12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I'd say do not even shoot for the death penalty, just put him in jail. The inmates have their own set of "morals". One of them is that you do not kill a kid. Either they will take him out or he will take himself out. :cool:

Jordy
12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Funny thing, we studied the costs of life in prison versus execution, and believe it or not, it's more costly to execute someone than it is to lock them up and throw away the key.
Part of the problem, as Traci pointed out, is the appeals process. The average time for a death row inmate to have his sentence carried out is around 20 years. This based upon the appeals that they are allowed to make, one issue at a time. Each one takes months, sometimes years to be addressed up through the levels of the courts. They should have one shot at an appeal. Make it count. If denied, order up your last meal and kiss your ass goodby.
Hell, it wasn't that long ago that a death row inmate tried to abandon his appeals and be executed. Seems like it was a 4 year process to be carried out from the time he stopped all of his appeals. Asshole groups like the American Criminal Lovers Union stepped in and took up his cause, tried to have him declared insane and carry on his appeals.
It's a bad situation all around. Having to hear about it on the news nightly just pisses me off. Enough already. Kill the bastard. :hammer2:

Jordy
12-08-2004, 05:16 PM
I'd say do not even shoot for the death penalty, just put him in jail. The inmates have their own set of "morals". One of them is that you no not kill a kid. Either they will take him out or he will take himself out. :cool:
Yep. Put him in with population and see how long he lasts. Jeffrey Dahlmer only made it a couple days in population, after he was taken out of his protective custody.

TheLurker
12-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Yes I’m disgusted, what about Scott's mothers logic that if he gets the death penalty "a whole family would be wiped out"
I'm just hopeing big bubba gets more than a few cracks at him that way even if he doesn’t get the death penalty, he will still be in a living hell !

eliminatedsprinter
12-08-2004, 05:18 PM
If it was up to me, the minute that the jury came back with a guilty plea, he'd be put on a plane halfway to Hawaii and let out. Tread water as long as you can asshole. :devil:
I can understand his parents. He's their kid and looking out for him is their job. The only ones who are fools are those who listen to them....

Ziggy
12-08-2004, 05:20 PM
Statics show this is far more costly to the tax payers, not only for the cost of housing and feeding the prisoner but because of the numerous appeals which waste man hours and money. By treating criminals this way, we are encouraging behavior that will result in a prison sentence. If there is no threat of death to one who commits a murder, than that person is guaranteed to be provided with a decent living environment until their next parole hearing. AT OUR COST. They are definitely not getting the punishment they deserve. Taking this point one step further, how will the family of the murderer's victim feel about this unfit punishment?
And here are some numbers for you. At the end of 1992 State and Federal prisons reached a record high of 883,593 prisoners. This record means that approximately 1,143 prison bed spaces are needed per week due to overcrowding. To put this in an economic prospective, on the average each prisoner cost $22,000 per year, and the cost of new construction averages almost $54,000 per bed (AAE "Prison"). The 883,593 prisoners are costing the American taxpayers approximately $19.4 billion plus another $61.7 million for the construction of the 1,143 spaces needed. Why should we, the tax payers/the victims, support these criminals?
I agree it would be expensive to let him rot--I wish there were an alternative for criminals like him that didn't cost the taxpayers....some island he and many others can be left on to dwell on their misgivings and/or kill each other.
Just like the San DIego case of David Westerfield who kidnapped and killed his neighbor girl---he's been sentenced to death but in all likeliness he will sit in jail for many years to come before his # is called.....put them on this island until that # is drawn.

jstwkd
12-08-2004, 05:20 PM
They should just put him general population.... :mad: :mad:

Blown 472
12-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Yep. Put him in with population and see how long he lasts. Jeffrey Dahlmer only made it a couple days in population, after he was taken out of his protective custody.
And the same fate awaits that ****ing gook that shot those peeps up north.

AMC-Nut
12-08-2004, 05:31 PM
All I know is either he is innocent or CSI is BS! They didn't have any real evidence against him. Where is the crime scene and all the blood?
Remember the system works and is not faulty!, ask OJ!

jbtrailerjim
12-08-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm still just horrified a person could do that to his wife and unborn child. I'd like to see him put to death but I think it will be more torture for his sick ass to sit in prison with the general population. He won't last long with them and I'm sure his killing would be much more brutal and painful coming from a fellow inmate. Death by lethal injection is way to nice for him. :burningm:

Jordy
12-08-2004, 05:35 PM
All I know is either he is innocent or CSI is BS! They didn't have any real evidence against him. Where is the crime scene and all the blood?
You know, I don't think you've posted one thing that was even remotely worth while since you've been here. Why start now right?

coolchange
12-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Ya, no shit. They didn't prove he did it. I have very little doubt he didn't, but they didn't prove anything other than he's an a hole

Kindsvater Flat
12-08-2004, 05:41 PM
Take it back a century and remember the hanging tree was behind the courthouse, cells were in the courthouse and you had about a 15 minute appeal before you arrived at the tree. If I remember right Quincy still has there tree.

Jordy
12-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Take it back a century and remember the hanging tree was behind the courthouse, cells were in the courthouse and you had about a 15 minute appeal before you arrived at the tree. If I remember right Quincy still has there tree.
Now that's what I'm talking about. ;)

AMC-Nut
12-08-2004, 05:51 PM
You know, I don't think you've posted one thing that was even remotely worth while since you've been here. Why start now right?
Hey jordanpaulk,
Since your The All F*%#ing Mighty I am gone and won't come around here anymore, I promise. IMO your a PRICK!
Happy Days!

Jordy
12-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Hey jordanpaulk,
Since your The All F*%#ing Mighty I am gone and won't come around here anymore, I promise. IMO your a PRICK!
Happy Days!
Cool. Bye.
Maybe you can have Smokey build you an engine while you're gone, since that's the oh so clever advice you gave in Gear Heads a while back. Or you can waste everyone's time asking about v-drive cruisers and then look at 19' Daytona jets.
I stand by my statement.
Oh, and bye.

DryHeatOnly
12-08-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm still just horrified a person could do that to his wife and unborn child. I'd like to see him put to death but I think it will be more torture for his sick ass to sit in prison with the general population. He won't last long with them and I'm sure his killing would be much more brutal and painful coming from a fellow inmate. Death by lethal injection is way to nice for him. :burningm:
My thoughts as well. Injection would be too nice. I'd love to hear of the population inflicting some serious torture on that mother f'er.

AMC-Nut
12-08-2004, 05:55 PM
F*#% You,
The jet was a friend of friends and I wasn't going to buy it, I just looked at while talking with friends and wanted to know about the steering. Excuse me if you can't be sarcastic. I guess you just don't understand saracasm.

Blown 472
12-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Hey jordanpaulk,
Happy Days!
Nope, no radials here either.

Blown 472
12-08-2004, 05:57 PM
F*#% You,
The jet was a friend of friends and I wasn't going to buy it, I just looked at while talking with friends and wanted to know about the steering. Excuse me if you can't be sarcastic. I guess you just don't understand saracasm.
Is that what you are calling it?? and all this time I thought you were just stupid. :rollside:

Jordy
12-08-2004, 05:59 PM
All I know is either he is innocent or CSI is BS!
Innocent huh? Learn all your legal and trial theory from CSI??? Why are you an appraiser, you should be a defense attorney. :boxed:
They didn't have any real evidence against him.
No real evidence huh? Apparently a jury of 12 people who saw the whole thing unfold in a courtroom would disagree with your legal theory, even though you're the high and mighty one in this area right? :rolleyes:
Where is the crime scene and all the blood?
Let's see, seems that they found blood that matched Laci's in the boat that Scott sold shortly after the disappearance, although if I recall, she had never been in the boat. Coincidence? What about the matching fibers in the boat from the outfit she was wearing when her body washed ashore? Conspiracy? Could be.
I'm sure that nobody ever cleans a crime scene, and you can't have a murder without blood. He must be innocent. Wait, there was blood in the boat. Dammit. Come to think of it, you can be convicted of murder without the prosecution even having a body to produce. You knew that from CSI too right?
Even if your argument had a lick of reason to it, merely the mention of OJ just blew that whole thing out of the water.
Did I mention bye?

98 Vector 21
12-08-2004, 06:06 PM
They believe he is innocent.
You also like Fords?

98 Vector 21
12-08-2004, 06:06 PM
They should let lacy's family kill him with a plastic knife!

Jordy
12-08-2004, 06:23 PM
You also like Fords?
I believe LRB was referencing Scott's family thinking he's innocent. Remember, when this whole thing started Scott's dad had a big press conference and declared that "After looking Scott in the eye and asking him if he did it, he said no, so therefore he's innocent as I know when he's lying."
I guess if it was your kid you wouldn't want to believe that they were capable of something like that either. At any rate, Scott's high dollar defense bankrupted the parents now too. Lots of lives ruined by this guy. :(

voodoomedman
12-08-2004, 08:02 PM
I'm still just horrified a person could do that to his wife and unborn child.
Same here. My wife is pregnant and I feel horrible if I upset her slightly. I haven't even seen my kid yet and I love him/her so much it is unreal. I couldn't imagine hurting a hair on either ones head.

78Eliminator
12-08-2004, 08:13 PM
I woud like to see him get the death sentence, but at the same time I am torn. I don't believe in god or hell or any of that bullshit, so in my opinion, death would be an easy way out. In prison, he is going to get "man" handled if you know what I mean. It's not going to be fun.

voodoomedman
12-08-2004, 08:16 PM
I woud like to see him get the death sentence, but at the same time I am torn. I don't believe in god or hell or any of that bullshit, so in my opinion, death would be an easy way out. In prison, he is going to get "man" handled if you know what I mean. It's not going to be fun.
You may not believe in God but for those of us that do please don't call him bullshit.
No war starting here. Just asking please.
Thanks.

Kilrtoy
12-08-2004, 08:17 PM
No i see what you mean,
kill the ****er, lethal injection, he should be killed the same way he killed her,
Ruthlessly

Blown 472
12-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Getting his ass traded for a pack of smokes.

78Eliminator
12-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Lots of the fellas in the pen we abused. Scott is a convicted baby killer. Do the math.... :hammer2:

Blown 472
12-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Lots of the fellas in the pen we abused. Scott is a convicted baby killer. Do the math.... :hammer2:
Should I shit can your ticket to bible camp I got you??

78Eliminator
12-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Should I shit can your ticket to bible camp I got you??
You're gonna get me in trouble again. :notam:

Mrs CP 19
12-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Be realistic here...this guy is not going into general population. If he doesn't go to death row, he will be sitting in Corcoran with Charlie Manson, etc. Either way, it will be expensive for us as taxpayers. Appeals process vs. life, we will still be housing him for 20 years or more. If I was on the jury, I would be sick of all the people the defense is parading. Sympathy for the convicted's family is not supposed to be considered. My .02, Jill

BADBLOWN572
12-08-2004, 11:02 PM
In this situation, I think that middle eastern justice should be done. Once a fair trial is concluded and guilty is pronounced, take his ass out in front of the court house, strap him to a tree, give the family/friends of the victim a rifle, and let them go to town. No sitting on D-row, no appeals, etc... F'em! The appeal process is begging the family/friends of the victim not to shoot you right between the eyes.

Blown 472
12-09-2004, 06:12 AM
You're gonna get me in trouble again. :notam:
Me?? index finger in cheek

diggler
12-09-2004, 06:49 AM
I work for PG&E up in their General Offices in San Francisco. I had a fella whose job is to monitor total system usage, send me a graph of the day the verdict was read at 9:55AM on 10/3/95.
Here's the interesting part of the graph. At 9:55AM, the system was consuming 13,660MW. Immediately after the verdict, it dropped to 13,480MW. In our company, we believe this was due to all of the people watching televisions and/or some other media which caused the abnormal peak.
To give you an idea of how big a MW (megawatt) is, one megawatt is enough to power 1,000 average California homes. This was a drop of 180MW, which is actually huge.
So..... just wanted to add that tidbit of useless trivia to the mix. Hope you enjoyed it. :D

Unforgiven
12-09-2004, 07:43 AM
No i see what you mean,
kill the ****er, lethal injection, he should be killed the same way he killed her,
Ruthlessly
I'm with Kilrtoy on this one...EYE FOR AN EYE!....Kill him the same way!!

Jordy
12-09-2004, 07:47 AM
I'm with Kilrtoy on this one...EYE FOR AN EYE!....Kill him the same way!!
Hey, I kind of liked my 1/2 way to Hawaii idea. Push him out and let him fend for himself. ;)
Maybe chain his ankle to a boat anchor to hold him down. :eek: :crossx: :D

HavasuDreamin'
12-09-2004, 07:55 AM
I just saw a report on inmates and "jail life" at San Quentin (sp?). I think placing him in the general population there would be the best and cheapest outcome. He would be dead in less than one day! Effectively you get a death sentence with no appeals. :crossx:
Honestly though...........I hope all of his family members plea's that he is a "good guy" and their over tones that he is innocent backfire against him. I believe they will. I believe the jury will give him death.
We'll find out in a few days hopefully.
HD

Cas
12-09-2004, 08:05 AM
sorry people but if I was on the jury, I couldn't convict even though I think he's guilty as sin. From what I've seen, he was not proven guilty without reasonable doubt, everything was circumstantial, no solid evidence.
Given that, I can't see giving him the death penalty even though it would take 20 years or so.
Just put him in with the general population and let his fate be determined by his buddies in prison....everyone would come out ahead.

jdogginla
12-09-2004, 08:11 AM
sorry people but if I was on the jury, I couldn't convict even though I think he's guilty as sin. From what I've seen, he was not proven guilty without reasonable doubt, everything was circumstantial, no solid evidence.
Given that, I can't see giving him the death penalty even though it would take 20 years or so.
Just put him in with the general population and let his fate be determined by his buddies in prison....everyone would come out ahead.
U and I are in the minority. I think there is a chance that he did it, but by law you have to go by the evidence provided, and it wasn't there. Yes alot of his actions paint him as an asshole, but they didn't prove he murdered his wife and child. Just my .o2

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-09-2004, 08:17 AM
I would have to agree with you also.. although I feel he is guilty there was actually no solid profe.. but then again.. it doesn't seem to bother him much so maybe he is guilty .

Jordy
12-09-2004, 08:24 AM
You know, unlike the OJ trial, where we saw everything, we've been very limited on this one as far as what information we are getting from the press. We know how honest and devoted to the truth the press is afterall.
My point is, 12, actually 14 (if you count the alternates who ended up on the jury) people sat through the trial day after day, listened to testimony, weighed the evidence, and came back with a unanimous verdict of guilty. You know, if there was any doubt, don't you think it would have at least hung a couple times, been given the Allen Charge, sent back in to deliberate? Monday morning quarterbacking is pretty easy when you don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.
As MrsV pointed out, he sat there pretty unemotional when he was found guilty. Had I been found guilty of something I didn't do, especially something that would be a life and death situation ultimately, you can bet I'd be screaming it at the top of my lungs, not sitting there with a smug little grin on my face. ;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-09-2004, 08:25 AM
You know, unlike the OJ trial, where we saw everything, we've been very limited on this one as far as what information we are getting from the press. We know how honest and devoted to the truth the press is afterall.
My point is, 12, actually 14 (if you count the alternates who ended up on the jury) people sat through the trial day after day, listened to testimony, weighed the evidence, and came back with a unanimous verdict of guilty. You know, if there was any doubt, don't you think it would have at least hung a couple times, been given the Allen Charge, sent back in to deliberate? Monday morning quarterbacking is pretty easy when you don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.
As MrsV pointed out, he sat there pretty unemotional when he was found guilty. Had I been found guilty of something I didn't do, especially something that would be a life and death situation ultimately, you can bet I'd be screaming it at the top of my lungs, not sitting there with a smug little grin on my face. ;)
true and I also agree with you on this.. Now you really confused the shit outta me.. LOL!! :D

Cas
12-09-2004, 08:29 AM
To me, he was pretty unemotional from day 1 and that was very odd to me.
As far as the jury goes, they were hung for a couple of days until 2 of the jurors were removed. Once those people were gone, the verdict came back in 6 hrs, I thought that was strange too.
I'm just real happy I wasn't on that jury!

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-09-2004, 08:31 AM
As far as the jury goes, they were hung for a couple of days until 2 of the jurors were removed. Once those people were gone, the verdict came back in 6 hrs, I thought that was strange too.
I agree again.. I wouldn't have wanted to be on the jury. I don't know if I would be able to take someones life like that.. but I don't know..

Jordy
12-09-2004, 08:32 AM
I thought the jurors were pulled a couple days apart, one of them before deliberation even started? I know one was dismissed because she took her own field trip to check out the boat again.
Oh, and while we're on the topic of behavior, what about his attempt to flee the country? Remember that? Dyed his hair, grew a half ass beard, jumped in a white bronco with a grip of cash and headed towards Mexico? Hmmm. Running always makes you look innocent. :rolleyes:

Her454
12-09-2004, 08:33 AM
I agree with this 100%. America has 12/14 people taking on the responsibility inside the courtroom where we do NOT get all the information.
AND if I was convicted of something I did not do, I'd be raising holy hell. What the hell would I have to lose? The bottom line is, we are in a "civilized" country. Yes, we have the death penalty, but compared to how other countries handle atrocities like this we are humane. Maybe too humane. Taking him out to the "hanging tree" or giving the family a chance to kill him as their own Laci died will NEVER happen.
So, that leaves us - the taxpayers 2 choices. Either he rots in prison while we pay for it and gets what he deserves there while putting the family through more pain as he files for appeal after appeal, costing us more money -
OR, they put him to death and all involved can move on with their lives as much as possible.
Harsh? Not compared to what happened to Laci and Conner.

jdogginla
12-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Not trying to stir the pot............but the Jury Foreman was ousted and released from the Jury after he tried to hold a true deliberation of facts and what not. Hence there was a "hung jury"........not official but more than one person from the outset had reasonable doubt. The other jury members decided they didn't want to be there long, so they petitoned the judge and he was gone. This was NOT the one that did her own research online, but took pages of pages of notes. His replacement was a guy who by their own accounts was not interested in the trial, never took a single note and was voted Foreman and then the vote took place. An appeal will take place.......who knows what the outcome will be.

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-09-2004, 08:34 AM
I thought the jurors were pulled a couple days apart, one of them before deliberation even started? I know one was dismissed because she took her own field trip to check out the boat again.
Oh, and while we're on the topic of behavior, what about his attempt to flee the country? Remember that? Dyed his hair, grew a half ass beard, jumped in a white bronco with a grip of cash and headed towards Mexico? Hmmm. Running always makes you look innocent. :rolleyes:
the jurors were pulled two days apart. one I believe was because the woman would not negotiate or something like that. I can't recall the other.

Cas
12-09-2004, 08:37 AM
sorry Jordy,
none of that "proves" he did it.

rrrr
12-09-2004, 08:41 AM
But you have to remember that just because they hadn't reached a verdict when the guy was replaced, it didn't mean the holdout thought he was innocent. There were several possible outcomes.
The jury had to consider six different charges. For Laci, second degree or first degree murder. If guilty of first degree murder, then the jury had to consider the special circumstances question, which allows the death penalty. For the baby, same questions.
So the holdout could have had issues with the death penalty or felt the evidence didn't support a first degree murder conviction.
Regarding the lack of evidence some have mentioned, there were five months of testimony. As Jordy said, there wasn't the depth of coverage like the OJ trial. The fact that the jury convicted him is good enough for me.

Jordy
12-09-2004, 08:41 AM
sorry Jordy,
I realize that. But a jury of his peers found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt. They were there. We weren't. ;)
Besides, if he's given the death penalty, an appeal is automatically filed by the state on his behalf.

rrrr
12-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Not trying to stir the pot............but the Jury Foreman was ousted and released from the Jury after he tried to hold a true deliberation of facts and what not. Hence there was a "hung jury"........not official but more than one person from the outset had reasonable doubt. The other jury members decided they didn't want to be there long, so they petitoned the judge and he was gone. This was NOT the one that did her own research online, but took pages of pages of notes. His replacement was a guy who by their own accounts was not interested in the trial, never took a single note and was voted Foreman and then the vote took place. An appeal will take place.......who knows what the outcome will be.
That's not the way I heard it. My understanding is that when the first juror was released and an alternate was appointed, according to law it allowed the jurors to elect a new foreman. They chose another juror instead of the existing foreman, and he told the judge he no longer wanted to serve on the jury. The judge excused him and appointed an alternate.

throwerb
12-09-2004, 08:52 AM
As the great philosopher Method Man from the Wu-Tang can once said, and I quote: "I'd sew his asshole shut and keep feedin' him, and feedin' him and feedin' him".

Lake Ape
12-09-2004, 08:52 AM
The just doesn't excuse someone because they don't want to serve anymore. I am served on a felony case jury before and we didn't have a choice. I missed over 3 months of work and was given something like $13 a day for my time. At the end it seemed that we didn't really give a hoot, we just wanted out of there. We did our best but even I was unsure if the guy did it or not, we were instructed to do our best and use are best judgement. If there is a hold over, as in our jury, he was instructed to state his case and then prove it which is sometimes impossible. :220v:

Cas
12-09-2004, 08:55 AM
Scott going fishing on Christmas eve was odd.
going fishing on SF bay with inappropriate gear was odd
finding the bodies nearby was odd
Scott going to SD to help find Lacy was odd
changing his appearance and playing golf - odd
selling off her car-odd
none of it proves anything other than he is odd
How about this?
Amber Fry found out he was married long before she let on, got pissed and had someone go to threaten Lacy, it went bad and she dies. They knew Scott was going fishing on Christmas eve in a boat that nobody really knew he had with the wrong fishing gear and set him up?
far fetched? could be. Is it possible? sure is.

Backtanner
12-09-2004, 08:56 AM
sorry Jordy,
Actually it did.
Death by lethal injection is way to nice for him. :burningm:
Not when big bubba is the one delivering it!

Jordy
12-09-2004, 08:58 AM
OK, thread hijackers. The fact of the matter is, the guy was found guilty.
Now he gets to parade his friends and family up across in front of the jury and talk about what a great guy he is and why he shouldn't die. Too bad Laci and Conner never had the same chance. I can't imagine the hate and anger that her family must be feeling right about now. That was the point of this thread.
He was found guilty, bottom line. 12 people felt that the State proved their case "BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT" so that should say something. :wink:

Cas
12-09-2004, 09:01 AM
now, about that OJ trial...... :D

Cas
12-09-2004, 09:05 AM
getting back on topic
but what if he turned out to be an olympic swimmer and was able to swim to Hawaii. Does he then deserve to live? :sqeyes:

Lake Ape
12-09-2004, 09:05 AM
Actually from the news coverage her family doesn't hate him, from what I saw they are still shocked. Kind of like the family in Utah and the dude that did all of the lying. The disguise was supposedly to hide from the media, same thing with all the cars. In a couple of weeks nobody will remember any of this anyway.

Her454
12-09-2004, 09:41 AM
In a couple of weeks nobody will remember any of this anyway.
......Except the family. Which I think was Jordys point to begin with.

2sand2
12-09-2004, 11:08 AM
jordy, i don't know if you have heard any of the reports of the trial given on kfi radio in LA but they have been following it very close since before Scott was arrested. It was interesting to hear the reporters version of how the jury was reacting to the 'witnesses' that Garagos (sp) was bringing up for his defence. The reporter said that the jury was very emotional during the prosicutions time, this was when Lacies parents got to speak, but after just one of the defence witnesses over half of the jury very purposly closed their note books placed them under their chairs and crossed their arms across their chest and just listened in what apeared to be total disgust. Most people who witnessed this read it as the jury feeling insulted that the defence didn't remember what they decided the verdict was. Guilty. Now the experts feel by taking this many days to insult the jury, they will most likely give him the death penalty. The co@ksucker is gunna get what is comming to him.

Jordy
12-09-2004, 12:14 PM
......Except the family. Which I think was Jordys point to begin with.
I always knew you were the perceptive one. :D

Her454
12-09-2004, 12:17 PM
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. -- Calling him "the worst kind of monster" and undeserving of sympathy, prosecutor Dave Harris urged jurors Thursday to sentence double-murderer Scott Peterson to death for killing his pregnant wife.
Peterson, 32, was convicted Nov. 12 of one count of first-degree murder in the death of his wife, Laci, and one count of second-degree murder for killing her fetus.
Prosecutors say he killed Laci in their Modesto home on or around Dec. 24, 2002, then dumped her body into San Francisco Bay. The remains of Laci and the fetus were discovered about four months later a few miles from where Peterson claims to have been fishing alone the day his wife vanished.
"This is somebody who had everything and threw it away," Harris said, pointing at Peterson seated stiffly at the defense table, intently watching the jury of six-men and six-women. "He had a plan and he excecuted it."
In his 40-minute closing argument, Harris also reminded jurors that Thursday marked the anniversary of Peterson's "monstrous plan" to murder his wife.
"Two years ago today, the defendant, Scott Peterson, bought a boat," Harris said. "He told (his mistress) Amber Frey his wife was 'lost."'
Defense attorneys called 39 witnesses over seven days in the penalty phase of the double-murder trial. Prosecutors called just four of Laci's family members on the first day Nov. 30.
"Thirty-nine witnesses," Harris said. "And those 39 witnesses pretty much all said the same thing. This man who sits here, this convicted double murderer, is not the man that I know."
Harris walked over to the defense table, stood directly in front of Peterson and pointed at him. "They didn't know the real Scott. ... That he's a manipulator. That he's a liar."
Harris then showed a television news segment recorded before Peterson was arrested in which he sobbed uncontrollably and talked about how much he missed his wife.
"He played the part of a grieving husband," Harris said. "The great fraud. He turned on tears and played the part. ... He's not a person who deserves your sympathy."
Peterson's mother, a frail-looking Jackie Peterson, spent a tearful 40 minutes on the stand Wednesday, urging jurors to sentence her son to life without parole and save the family further pain.
"I really feel that if you were to take Scott away from us ... We would lose a whole family," she said, crying so hard at times she was unintelligible. "It would be like Laci never existed."
She begged jurors to see the good in her son.
But Harris said Peterson only has himself to blame for hurting his family.
"The person that's responsible is right there, right there, that's the one that's responsible," he said. "Leaving his wife's body to rot on the bottom of the ocean. Leaving his son to be found as trash in the debris. .... That is not something that should be rewarded by sparing his life."
After the defense's closing argument and instructions from the judge, jurors will be sequestered in a hotel for deliberations.

Mrs CP 19
12-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Any bets on how long the jury will be out this time? Not long, they want to go home! I hope Geragos drags his closing arguments on and on, just inflaming the jury more! This defendant is done.

Cas
12-09-2004, 01:33 PM
Nov. 8: Jurors tell judge they may be unable to reach a verdict (http://www.ktvu.com/peterson/3899287/detail.html)
Nov. 9: Peterson juror replaced; Deliberations Begin Anew (http://www.ktvu.com/peterson/3903070/detail.html)
Nov. 10: Another Peterson juror tossed off panel (http://www.ktvu.com/peterson/3906994/detail.html)
Nov. 12: Peterson Found Guilty Of Murder; Faces Death Penalty (http://www.ktvu.com/peterson/3914022/detail.html)

cigarette1
12-09-2004, 01:46 PM
That MoFo is guilty as all hell :devil:
As a rule, I couldn't give Death unless there were eyewitnesses