PDA

View Full Version : Jetfest 2005

Devilman
12-08-2004, 05:11 PM
It might be a little early, but I gotta find out about camping and boating arrangements for Jetfest. Tried to do a little research here first, but it's all mostly old info. Any help would be appreciated because I gots to get my boat wet down there this year!! I'll be a cherry, but I believe I'll have plenty of people willing to give a fellow jetter some guideance!! Thank you in advance! :D :D

mrgoslow
12-09-2004, 06:54 AM
jetfest is always on labor day weekend on lake corpus christi which is actually between orange grove and mathis tx. there is a motel in orange grove, there are cabanas and motel rooms on the lake @ fiesta marina which is a 1-5 minute ride depending on the urgency of the trip to sunrise beach where the event is held. sunrise beach has full hookups available and camping if you like but no rooms to rent. fiesta marina and sunrise beach both have mathis phone numbers.
outta be a big and rich time.
btw. isnt edna where footloose was filmed?

Liberator TJ1984
12-09-2004, 08:39 AM
M.S. if ya spent more time on your motor , we could hit the lake this weekend :wink: might actually put mine in the Water...supposed to be Nice?

mrgoslow
12-09-2004, 10:25 AM
there nothing wrong with the motor as it sits. going on vacation next week to MO & IL but that roller cam gonna be nice

Devilman
12-09-2004, 05:51 PM
As far as Footloose is concerned, it wasn't filmed in any Texas town. It was filmed in several different towns in Utah.(I was curious so I checked out www.imdb.com) That site there you can look up any movie you want and see trivia and crap like that. I had to make sure, in case I meet anybody down the road and they bring that "Footloose" crap to the table, I gotta be prepared ya know!

mrgoslow
12-10-2004, 06:46 AM
hey, i was just forkin with you. my sister in law is from edna and i like to harrass her every now and then. forgive the comment and come to jetfest.

Devilman
12-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Mr.Goslow, hey man, no problem! We pretty laid back heah in Deadna!!!
We too busy either watchen paint dry, or my personal favorite since I moved here, listening to the Coke machine run!! I'm doing all I can to get my ducks in a row now so when it starts getting close, I'll have a lot of the extra planning done already. Where are you from and, if you don't mind my asking, what's your wife's name or sister-in-law's name? Reason I ask, my wife has been here all her life so she might know her or her family. You know how it is with small towns!! Talk to you more later. You got me curious now!! :p :p

Taylorman
12-16-2004, 09:55 AM
I will try to attend Jetfest next year. Count me in.

Shark In The Pond
12-16-2004, 03:18 PM
During Plowmans this yr. spoke with a few that had just came back from JetFest and I'm thinking about dragging mine all the way down next yr. ?

OldFaithful Squirter
01-04-2005, 03:22 PM
JET FEST 2005 - Yall come join in the Jettin !!!!!
As mentioned yes it is always on Labor Day Weekend and will continue to be every year so spread the word to all hot boaters to mark their calenders, put in for vacation time, and come and meet up with us on Sept. 3rd, 4th, and 5th for one again another fine weekend of Hot Boats, Cold Beer, and Plenty of Bikini's ( my personal favorite ) We will organize the chopper this year to get some better photo's and such for further enjoyment from all whom attends. So keep talking it up and who know's maybe will we see the editor of Hot Boat there this year if we can bend his hear!!! Hope to see you all and till then we will Jet'Cha Later!

Devilman
01-05-2005, 05:29 AM
I was talking about it with a friend here at work that's been there the past two years. If I'm not mistaken, he told me Sunrise Beach and the state park were two seperate campgrounds. Sunrise Beach is actually where Jetfest is held and the camping spots(I've got a 22' trailer) are first come, first serve. Is that correct? I want to get down there in time to get a decent spot. Two more questions:(1) Does Sunrise Beach have its own boat ramp? and (2)How is the law as far as noise is concerned? I've got OT headers, so she'll make her presence known, ya know what I mean? Thanks for the help! I'm ready to head down there now!! :D :D

OldFaithful Squirter
01-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Yes Sunrise Beach is where JetFest is held and it is first come first serve on the camping spots you can contact them direct at 361-547-3004, State park is just a few minute boat ride around the cover, the lake does allow over transom headers but they want them to have baffles in them. We did not catch any grief last year for a few of the ones whom ran zoomies but you just never know what mood the game wardens will be in? So its best to come prepared with baffles! Fiesta Marina about 5 minute boat ride across the lake from Sunrise Beach also has camping sites, RV hook ups, cabins, and motel rooms and I think they will reserve them for you contact them at 361-547-3462. We had around 60-70 boats last year attend, we should have had well over that but we were short from the Del Rio Group last year. They will be back in the groove this year and 2005 should be the biggest blow out to date! So yall keep talking it up and make plans to come on! Jet'Cha Later Kelly

cookieman
01-05-2005, 04:28 PM
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. Now that the new year is here it is time to start thinking about Labor Day. You say why labor day?, Because that is when Jetfest Happens in south Texas. I have been the last 2 years and this event gets Bigger and bigger and better and better every Year. Mark your calendars , plan your vacations, bring the whole family to a great time at Jetfest. This is a family event with plenty of good times had by all. I had some freinds of the North Txas Jetboat Club show up this past year and they had a great time. If you want to see a little of Jetfest go to the image center on this web site and in the search block type in JETFEST. You will find 29 pages of pics posted by people that have attended this event. This past year the highlight was the huge floatilla of boats in the middle of the lake with pics taken from a helicopter. I think this year if we talk this thing up not only to our fellow boaters but maybe drop ***boat Magazine a note , this event could get some exposure. I would like to also memtion the the Boatfest in Del Rio is another great event to attend. So mark you calendars, turn in for your vacation, and keep the boat running, and make it to Jetfest 2005. Now it would be great for all those who have been to Jetfest to hear from you about Jetfest. TTUL Bill "cookieman"

Shark In The Pond
01-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Alrighty then I'm in ,I will put it on the calendar :skull:

LewdAct
01-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Hopefully i wont sink my boat this year like year before last,, man tha was expensive!!!!

Liberator TJ1984
01-06-2005, 03:44 AM
Not quite a "Kodak Moment" 'eh Ken ???
You No Phone answern' F'er you !!!!
I'll be in this weekend, look ya up !

SSTSleakcraft
01-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Damm, I sure wish I had an avatar...

blowngas
01-07-2005, 08:18 AM
:cry: me too!!!!

OldFaithful Squirter
01-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Hey, it only took a little doing for the avatar I know you guys can figure it out, If I can do it you can too!!

Devilman
01-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Hey Old Faithful... I saw you signed off on one of your posts as Kelly. You wouldn't happen to be Kelly Craven would you?

OldFaithful Squirter
01-07-2005, 12:34 PM
One in the Same-
AKA: OldFaithful Squirter
Jet'Cha Later
A lifetime member of JET FEST
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/990Kelly_in_JetFest_Hat-med.JPG

OldFaithful Squirter
01-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Make sure you tell everyone you can to come join us at our Hot Boat Rallies in Texas!! thanks Kelly
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913DSCF4964.JPG

esabataj
01-07-2005, 01:18 PM
One in the Same-
AKA: OldFaithful Squirter
Jet'Cha Later
A lifetime member of JET FEST
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/990Kelly_in_JetFest_Hat-med.JPG
Kelly,
I'm glad ya posted this pic. Did you talk to sunrise beach about the dog issue or are they going to ask us to leave like they did last year?
(my wife won't go anywhere without that Darn Bassett Hound :mad: )

OldFaithful Squirter
01-07-2005, 02:09 PM
They gave me a hard time last year and because they had been trying for years to find out who it was with the Chocolate Lab, they did not have to hunt me down this year at Jet Fest 2004 because my old dog " Dulce" passed away before Jet Fest this year! They have always complained about pets at Sunrise but I would just sneak her in every year anyway!! Anyone whom knew me knew that Dulce belonged to me but they would always cover for her!!! If they would see the Pet Police gal coming they would try to hide Dulce from them!!!! This last Jet Fest was with out Dulce but we have since gotten two new pups a chocolate and a yellow! Chocolate named Oopsie and Yellow named Daisey- so together we have Oopsie-Daisey! So keep the pet police in mind at Jet Fest 2005!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Dulce_Oopsie_Dasiey2-med.jpg
amazing how much they have grown in less than a year!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913MVC-009F.JPG

Taylorman
01-07-2005, 02:25 PM
My friends have a Chocalate and a Yellow lab named Rice and Gravy. Your right about how fast they grow. I have a black lab that weights about 100 lbs now. This is when he was a puppy.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/161sambo6.jpg

esabataj
01-07-2005, 02:36 PM
They gave me a hard time last year and because they had been trying for years to find out who it was with the Chocolate Lab, they did not have to hunt me down this year at Jet Fest 2004 because my old dog " Dulce" passed away before Jet Fest this year! They have always complained about pets at Sunrise but I would just sneak her in every year anyway!! Anyone whom knew me knew that Dulce belonged to me but they would always cover for her!!! If they would see the Pet Police gal coming they would try to hide Dulce from them!!!! This last Jet Fest was with out Dulce but we have since gotten two new pups a chocolate and a yellow! Chocolate named Oopsie and Yellow named Daisey- so together we have Oopsie-Daisey! So keep the pet police in mind at Jet Fest 2005!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Dulce_Oopsie_Dasiey2-med.jpg
amazing how much they have grown in less than a year!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913MVC-009F.JPG
Love the new dogs Kelly.
We actually stayed at Fiesta Marina in our RV but the Basset loves the boat and he rode over with us to sunrise. Needless to say the pet police caught up with us on Sunday and they wern't very polite telling us to leave. We came in early on Friday, tried to check in at Sunrise and the young lady at the gate was rude to the max. Just wanted to let everyone know that Fiesta is pooch friendly and had no problem with the hound. Sorry to here you lost the lab. Looking forward to seeing ya again this year and I'll have the new boat there. Are you going to come to Plowmans in Oct? Hope you try to make that one. Jetfest and The Gathering at Plowmans are the best events in Texas that I've been to. Deb and I are going to do our best to make Amastead also if the boat is done in time.
Thanks
Richard

SSTSleakcraft
01-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Kelly, maybe you are overesmatin my smarts. I can't figure it out. P.S., I would like to attend Jet Fest this year as well.

SSTSleakcraft
01-07-2005, 03:54 PM
I guess you can see I figured it out, thank you Kelly for the pic!

OldFaithful Squirter
01-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Heck I believe there is not anything that Mr. SSTSleakcraft is uncapable of doing!!!!! Heck you even showed me how to add to my signature page!! thanks

Devilman
01-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Old Faithful.... Got a question for you. I was cruising thru the image center and ran across this pic., among a few others of this boat from Jetfest the last couple of years. I was curious if they were just random shots, or did you know the owners, because I bought it a little while back. Small world, huh? Imagine my surprise... There I was, looking at Jetfest stuff getting revved up to take my boat down there, and there it was on the internet. Cool!! Like I said, just curious. It'd be neat to know the history on it. Hope you don't mind me bending your ear, or eyes, in this case.
Mine's the red Avenger:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/319Jetfest_2003_053-med.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/990Gal_on_Taylor_from_Houston2-med.JPG

OldFaithful Squirter
01-11-2005, 08:57 AM
Met them one time at JetFest gathering around 2002 or 2003, the owner come down from Houston with out his wife because she was too close to having a baby to travel. And as luck would have it while he was here he got a call that his wife was going into labor and he had to leave the day he got here if I remember this correctly!! Having a baby was probably the reason he had to sell the boat??? Sorry I am not good with remembering everyones names but you have to remember at these events I am usually always drinking? Go Figure???? I am sure he is on this site posted somewhere maybe he will see this or if you want send out a question to whom use to own this boat!

Devilman
01-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the tip. I saw it for sale one day on the way home from work. I went to retrieve the phone # for somebody else and it turned out I knew the guy who was selling it. He didn't own it very long, maybe a year at the most. I ended up buying it myself. After I got it, I knew I was hooked!! Now I'm just waiting for some more good weather to run it some more. Hopefully have all the bugs worked out of it by the time Jetfest rolls around. Mainly was curious because after coming to the boards, I haven't seen too many Avengers. Looking forward to putting her in some different water, tho!!

OldFaithful Squirter
01-11-2005, 10:27 AM
This one is just like yours, funny story behind these Avengers is this one belongs to Brent Burris whom he got it from his Father- I got mine from my father- and our two fathers use to cruise the boats together back in the late 70's and early 80's-
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Brent_Burris_boat.jpg
I have an uncle whom has one just like it too, his is Green and White with a windshield!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Danny_Silvia_Craig_Tammy_in_Dannys_Avenger.jpg
Both of these should be at Jet Fest 2005 this year!

Devilman
01-11-2005, 10:54 AM
That's cool!! You never know, I might have heard those guys running around way back when. My grandparents lived on the lake as far back as I can remember. We always knew it as Lake Mathis. Their house was almost directly across the lake from Sunrise Beach, so we could always get an earful and see roostertails out on the lake. Lotsa good times there!!!

OldFaithful Squirter
01-11-2005, 11:21 AM
I still get my Old Man (Dad) out every now and then, he still has jet boating in his blood, but he has and IV called a Harley Road King that keeps him pretty busy now instead of Jet Boats? But he has not missed a Jet Fest yet!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Old_Faithful_Squirter-_PawPaw_MiMi-med.jpg
Here is another one of his old buddies Avengers that also makes Jet Fest still, it now belongs to the nephew (Charles) of the original owner James Ard!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913Charles_Sutton-med.jpg
And to top it all off, my first Jet Boat was also an Avenger and it too still makes Jet Fest each year, seems that each year it has a different owner, but it is still there. Got love those Avengers- here is a pic of it there last year! It is getting a new clear coat this year to bring back the shine!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913DSCF4831.JPG
I will have to try and scan in some old pictures of these old buddies of my dad's that were the original codjures that got me so interested in the love of jet boating! I will see what I can find someday! thanks

Devilman
01-11-2005, 11:40 AM
No problem! Those are some cool pics! I look forward to meeting ya'll sometime down the road. I just wish my grandmother still had their place on the lake! They had their own ramp and everything. No jet for them tho... they had a Carlson with a Mercury 115. I learned to ski and toob there behind their boat.

OldFaithful Squirter
01-12-2005, 01:08 PM
JET FEST 2005 - Yall come join in the Jettin !!!!!
As mentioned yes it is always on Labor Day Weekend and will continue to be every year so spread the word to all hot boaters to mark their calenders, put in for vacation time, and come and meet up with us on Sept. 3rd, 4th, and 5th for one again another fine weekend of Hot Boats, Cold Beer, and Plenty of Bikini's ( my personal favorite ) We will organize the chopper this year to get some better photo's and such for further enjoyment from all whom attends. So keep talking it up and who know's maybe will we see the editor of Hot Boat there this year if we can bend his hear!!! Hope to see you all and till then we will Jet'Cha Later!
IF YOU MISSED JET FEST 2004 I KNOW YOU ARE DISAPPOINTED BUT CHEER UP WE ARE GETTING IT ORGANIZED AGAIN FOR 2005, SO KEEP WATCH OUT FOR EARLY POSTINGS OF KOOZIES AND T-SHIRTS FOR THE NEXT JET FEST 2005 , we will have shirts & koozies early this year so you can order them off our web thanks
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/509/913JET_FEST_KOOZIE_ADVERTIZED.JPG