PDA

View Full Version : Real or Fake

MsDrmr
12-08-2004, 09:01 PM
When it comes to X-mas trees, do you put up a real or artifical tree.
We always put up a real tree, love the smell of the pine, and at the end of the season, I don't have to worry about storing it.

voodoomedman
12-08-2004, 09:04 PM
When it comes to X-mas trees, do you put up a real or artifical tree.
We always put up a real tree, love the smell of the pine, and at the end of the season, I don't have to worry about storing it.
Fake. Gone are the days of nice tree lots or farms with quality trees. At least in SoCal. All you get here are some half dead pieces of crap in the Home Depot or Albertson's parking lot and it leaves your house a freaking mess; if it doesn't catch on fire.

Mrs CP 19
12-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Guilty of having fake. But, I too love the smell, so always get a couple wreaths and use fresh branches to decorate. Jill

cc322
12-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Real tree for us gotta love the smell

hava life
fake, just big enough to put on the counter and plug in :D

Big_Gunz_
Same here, love the smell of a real tree. It's not all that bad cleaning up after the seasons over, and it is real easy to throw it in the trash when I'm done with it.

BarryMac
12-08-2004, 09:07 PM
Fake with the lights already in the tree, I am the true example of Laziness.
When I first saw the thread I thought you were askin about BOOBIES...

Dawn Patrol
12-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Just like Boobs..... I like em Real. :D

Goldilocks
Fake. Parents had a fake tree also so I guess it runs in the family :)

Eliminator 4 Life
Real tree for us gotta love the smell
I second that

MsDrmr
12-08-2004, 09:10 PM
you would think that would'nt you?? :sqeyes:

BarryMac
12-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I like BOOBIES ( o ) ( O ) more than Christmas Trees...

Mardonzi
12-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Real here (as far as the tree goes)... We actually go out, pay 10 bucks for a permit :rollside: :rollside: and cut our own every year out on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We are heading out on Sunday if anyone want's to tag along.

Eliminator 4 Life
12-08-2004, 09:12 PM
Thats what I thought at first too :)

MsDrmr
12-08-2004, 09:16 PM
Real here (as far as the tree goes)... We actually go out, pay 10 bucks for a permit :rollside: :rollside: and cut our own every year out on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. We are heading out on Sunday if anyone want's to tag along.
They have something like that somewhere around here, but they are actually x-mas tree farms and they cost a chit load of dough to cut down. About 6yrs ago it was 55 something bucks to cut one down yourself..I guess at least then you know it's fresh.
My parents have always had real trees and I have too since moving out, I have never had a fire due to the tree, it's plugged in when I am at home, and I unplug it when I leave.

Kilrtoy
12-08-2004, 09:16 PM
REAL, could never have a fake,
fake is taking the thrill out of it for the kids. They love to go thru all the trees open them up and and pick and choose. Fake is CHEAP.....
Try Target they have awesome NOBLE furs. Always get them there...

MudPumper
12-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Bah Humbug!!! :D :D :D

Kim Hanson
12-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Thats why I posted here, teasing me I think! :D .........( . )( . )...Im doing the real thing again...........

voodoomedman
12-08-2004, 09:19 PM
REAL, could never have a fake,
fake is taking the thrill out of it for the kids. They love to go thru all the trees open them up and and pick and choose. Fake is CHEAP.....
I hear ya. I always had real ones growing up and argued with my wife who always had fake and wanted fake. She never had a problem because her mom always decorated the house from head to toe and they helped. My house is now decorated from head to toe and when the baby comes I don't think he/she is going to feel like there is no magic because we didn't go to k-marts parking lot and pick out a 40 dollar weed.

73kona455
12-08-2004, 09:22 PM
hell i thought it was about boobies too....
i have a fake tree...

MsDrmr
12-08-2004, 09:25 PM
ugh you men :rolleyes:

Mrs CP 19
12-08-2004, 09:28 PM
We used to do that in Colorado. We actually used to get the tree before Thanksgiving and leave it in the backyard till decorating time. After Thanksgiving the snow is too deep to get anything off the road.

goneboatin
12-08-2004, 09:29 PM
When you wake up and smell the tree in the morning, you know it's Christmas time. Gotta go for real.
(Yeah, I thought it was about boobies too). :cry:

Sleek-Jet
12-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Back in Colorado it was real (pinion pine... mmm... makes the whole house smell fantastic), used to go out on the property and cut one down every year. But now, living in Tucson, I don't have that option and I hate Doug Firs and the like that you find on the lots, so it's pre-lit and fake for me now...

Kim Hanson
12-08-2004, 09:34 PM
ugh you men :rolleyes: What did I say? ohh yeah!......the booby thing! :wink: I can't help it, really! .........( . )( . ).....I have a problem I guess! :D

ROZ
12-08-2004, 09:43 PM
I agree...Price is good, too...

revndave
12-08-2004, 09:47 PM
We have a fake one.Got tired of spend 75.00+ every year.

djunkie
12-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Real is the only way to go. My family has been selling chrismas trees since the 60's. Started with my granfather and lasted 3 generations so far. We even have a farm in Oregon that we grow them on. But I quit selling them about 6 years ago do to the fact that we could not compete with the Home Depot's and Targets. Their trees and prices are unbeatable.

Tow Guy
12-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Real Tree Here
The Best Part Is Every Year We Go Motorcycle Riding The Day After X-Mas And I Tie The Tree To The 400Ex Quad And Give All My Nephews And Nieces Tree Rides....Best Fun Ever,,,Just Make Sure The Kids Wear Helmets.

Kilrtoy
12-08-2004, 09:54 PM
I agree their prices are great, but as someone already said , THEIR TREES SUCK.
I will pay good money for a good tree.
It amazes me how cheap people are, They wont think twice about paying 100 or more for one days gas in a boat, 35 dollars a bottle for goose to make them puke and 100 bucks on a dinner, but will skimp out on a tree for the family

moneysucker
12-08-2004, 10:01 PM
fake, just big enough to put on the counter and plug in :D
Same here. The little guy brings holiday cheer all year to the guest room closet. I miss the pine smell though, Worthless maid hasn't been there in weeks. She uses Pine Sol. :(

bunny 166
12-08-2004, 10:04 PM
Real for sure...makes a mess but well worth the smell! ;) I thought this was a boob thread, too. Was looking forward to a guessing game or something... :D

UnionJack
12-08-2004, 10:07 PM
real tree's are great, but whatever floats your boat

Kilrtoy
12-08-2004, 10:08 PM
We can start guessing you first bunny,
We LOVE a bunny on goose and bull

revndave
12-08-2004, 10:15 PM
I agree their prices are great, but as someone already said , THEIR TREES SUCK.
I will pay good money for a good tree.
It amazes me how cheap people are, They wont think twice about paying 100 or more for one days gas in a boat, 35 dollars a bottle for goose to make them puke and 100 bucks on a dinner, but will skimp out on a tree for the family
I'd rather put gas in my boat even though it's about 300 bucks.

PHOTOGLOU
12-08-2004, 10:19 PM
BIG FAKE ........oh yeah trees Real one

Kilrtoy
12-08-2004, 10:21 PM
BIG FAKE ........oh yeah trees Real one
hey i bought two top of the line vehicles from you, Where is my free tree

hoolign
12-08-2004, 10:27 PM
The real ones just look better in my opinion, obviously they start to deteriate and start to sag a little they start to droop abit, but that's all how you care for them, they need to be looked after, they need to be supported , if you do that they can last a very long time, and be the envy of everyone who sees them! It also depends on how old they are, if you get a young one it takes a little less effort to maintain them, while the older ones need more attention.
I don't like them when they are overly decorated, just in their natural state. The fake ones have there advantages as well, as long as you know where you put them and all of the other parts are in good shape they can be nice to look at as well but you can really feel the difference, and not to mention alot more expensive than the real ones!giventhe choice I'd have to say real is the way to go......wait a sec..this is about Christmas trees??...my bad :p

bunny 166
12-08-2004, 10:27 PM
We can start guessing you first bunny,
We LOVE a bunny on goose and bull
Ha Ha Ha...OK, real or fake? Sorry for the jack!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0058.JPG

cola
12-08-2004, 10:29 PM
Where's the chrome tree with the color wheel. Vintage 60'

Kilrtoy
12-08-2004, 10:30 PM
They are REAL :mix: ly good loooking

revndave
Real no Fake AAHHHHHH who cares :wink:

PHOTOGLOU
hey i bought two top of the line vehicles from you, Where is my free tree
I will bring it Saturday to Santa Barbara are you going????

hoolign
Can't make an accurate statement without seeing the ornaments!

Kilrtoy
12-08-2004, 10:33 PM
I will bring it Saturday to Santa Barbara are you going????
No, I wish we were Yvonne has to work Saturday night, Someone has to pay for that vette J/K

PHOTOGLOU
12-08-2004, 10:35 PM
No, I wish we were Yvonne has to work Saturday night, Someone has to pay for that vette J/K
Lets play twister for money on the bow of the boat OH yeah x-mas tree thread.......... with a fake set of trees on the bow too

Kilrtoy
12-08-2004, 10:39 PM
I think that would be better under the deck, a little too cold on top, now the summer time would be another story

RiverOtter
12-09-2004, 04:09 AM
Real, but dang! it's getting expensive!! $80 + for a 6 - 7 foot tree :notam:

spectratoad
12-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Just like Boobs..... I like em Real. :D
Same for me. I like it real. :D

Desert Rat
12-09-2004, 07:14 AM
We live in the high desert and up here it is very dry. A tree will dry out in a matter of days. Don't need the fire hazard. Ever see a dry tree go up in flames? Looks like it had gas poured on it..... :2purples: So the anwser is fake :eek:

SSTahoe
12-09-2004, 07:25 AM
How about the ladies post pic's of there boobies next to there fake or real trees, then we get the best of both worlds!! A little holiday treat for the men !!

BarryMac
12-09-2004, 07:32 AM
How about the ladies post pic's of there boobies next to there fake or real trees, then we get the best of both worlds!! A little holiday treat for the men !!
yeah, like an early Christmas Present... :D

Unforgiven
12-09-2004, 07:33 AM
BOOBIES????Fake with the lights already in the tree, I am the true example of Laziness.
damm, here I thought we we're discussing my FAVORITE subjects!

Riverready
12-09-2004, 07:39 AM
Real Tree Here
The Best Part Is Every Year We Go Motorcycle Riding The Day After X-Mas And I Tie The Tree To The 400Ex Quad And Give All My Nephews And Nieces Tree Rides....Best Fun Ever,,,Just Make Sure The Kids Wear Helmets.
I like this idea!

SSTahoe
12-09-2004, 07:42 AM
I would still like to see a real or fake tree decorated with BOOBIES ! :D

Keithb87
12-09-2004, 08:55 AM
I was thinking the same thing my love...
oh and fake tree.. it's sooooooo much cleaner :rollside:

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 09:00 AM
What did I say? ohh yeah!......the booby thing! :wink: I can't help it, really! .........( . )( . ).....I have a problem I guess! :D
thats okay, we love you anyway :hammerhea

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 09:09 AM
I was thinking the same thing my love...
oh and fake tree.. it's sooooooo much cleaner :rollside:
Now keith, I would expect that from you too, just didn't realize you would admit it......I am so proud,, :wink:
how are you doing Keith, ready for the holidays?

lucky
12-09-2004, 09:28 AM
we have five acers of trees oak , madrone , pine , doug fir - and yet the wife bought a fake tree ---- ( it was on sale ) but ya know - it was set up in five minutes and she did it ! so what ever ! :D

ALTERED-EAGLE
12-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Hang a pine tree air freshener in the fake basterd. That way it kinda smells like a real tree. It's all in the eye, or nose of the beholder anyway. Lmao.

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Hang a pine tree air freshener in the fake basterd. That way it kinda smells like a real tree. It's all in the eye, or nose of the beholder anyway. Lmao.
Hey be nice, hang an air freshener,,,rotflmao
great sense of humor there :D

ALTERED-EAGLE
12-09-2004, 10:11 AM
Hey I do it every year. Keeps the kiddies from complaining to much about our fake Charlie Brown christmas tree. But by the time were done decorating it they seem to be stoked up and in the spirit. We live to far out in the country in far to expensive a home to worry about how long it will take the fire dept to get here if we had a tree fire.

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey I do it every year. Keeps the kiddies from complaining to much about our fake Charlie Brown christmas tree. But by the time were done decorating it they seem to be stoked up and in the spirit. We live to far out in the country in far to expensive a home to worry about how long it will take the fire dept to get here if we had a tree fire.
I can relate, everyone has a preference, when it comes to the safety of a home or a life, and fake is the way you have to go, then thats what you should do..

Boozer
12-09-2004, 11:05 AM
My parents stopped buying real trees when I was 5. Haven't had a real tree since. MY own personal tree is a 4' pre-lit. My entire family has fake trees nowdays. $145 gets you a super nice looking one and the f*cker looks great for 10 years.

Ziggy
12-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Went and got ours last night---Noble.
sniiiiiiiiiiiiiifffffff...ahhhhhhhhhhhh