PDA

View Full Version : Who's got the fastest CP Gullwing?

Fogged Gullwing
12-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Wanted to know this for years! BK

Cs19
12-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Joe Lakamp.
http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/03_11_NJBA_3753_110.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
12-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Running a Ford is like a Fat chick....Nice ride but you would'nt want your friends to see ya on one!!!
OOOOOOOOCH !!!!!!!!!

jweeks123
12-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Who's got the fastest CP Gullwing? Wanted to know this for years! BKare you asking about current boats or past? speed or e.t.?
past boat that i can recall - windwalker ran over 120. i think on the bottle.
current - lakamp is very quik, 8.6s at one time, but he doesn't seem to get lower than 8.8's last time he ran. no bottle of course.
can't recall seeing 609 ever get the black gullwing into the 8's, even with spray.
jw

Jake W2
12-09-2004, 05:10 AM
How about this guestion ,what does you Gullwing run with how much power and what weight hull.
Jake

Johnwithjm
12-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Jerry Hicks :mix:

Johnwithjm
12-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Yep your right

Nucking futs
12-09-2004, 10:29 AM
Hey Squid, nice to see you interacting and playing nice...................... :D

moneysucker
12-09-2004, 03:41 PM
I was actually going to say The six oh nine also. That thing is reportedly going for the tube towing speed reccord this year.
As far as Psycho Squids sig, It is to irritate Rubber Ducky. F-ing Ford lovers, you would get along good. Fords aren't bad it just takes a whole lot more money to get the speed/HP that you do for the same amount in a chevy.
Fitz, The Calamari kid does not play nice. It is a trick. Look out, He may be sobering up. That is when he gets really angry.

WheelerDealer
12-09-2004, 04:44 PM
jweeks123originally posted...
are you asking about current boats or past? speed or e.t.?
current - lakamp is very quik, 8.6s at one time, but he doesn't seem to get lower than 8.8's last time he ran. no bottle of course.
can't recall seeing 609 ever get the black gullwing into the 8's, even with spray.
:2purples: :2purples: Holy shit, here's a question for ya, who the hell wants to be in a gullwing at 120mph??? Not Me!!

bigriverdog
12-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Mine runs pretty good for a tri-hull.

WheelerDealer
12-09-2004, 05:00 PM
Hey bigriverdog, that boat is the slickest I have ever seen!!! It's flat out gorgeous. The last time someone posted pics of that boat I would just log on and stare at them. Very, Very Nice!!! Does it still have the aluminum KB block in it?? What does that boat run if you don't mind me asking?

bigriverdog
12-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey bigriverdog, that boat is the slickest I have ever seen!!! It's flat out gorgeous. The last time someone posted pics of that boat I would just log on and stare at them. Very, Very Nice!!! Does it still have the aluminum KB block in it?? What does that boat run if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks Wheeler Dealer, Yes it still has the KB block and it's covered up in the garage just waiting for some warm weather. The best run was at Lake Ming with a 9.763 and 108 MPH. It has had a larger cam and inducer install after that and it just might squuek out a 110. I strickly use it as a river racer and it's hole shot is hard to beat. BRD

Mrs CP 19
12-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Mine runs pretty good for a tri-hull.
A tri-hull? :confused:

1Bahnerjet
12-09-2004, 05:11 PM
I've seen this Boat run at Chowchilla its FAST...
Jerry Hicks
http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/03_10_NJBA_1896_334.jpg

bigriverdog
12-09-2004, 05:12 PM
A tri-hull? :confused:
Well aren't they?

Performance 19
12-09-2004, 05:14 PM
I would say a gullwing (Mrs CP 19 is offline, but i'll answer for her.) jim

Squirtin Thunder
12-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Thats a tunnel not a tri hull glasstron fishing boat.

1Bahnerjet
12-09-2004, 05:17 PM
did I get the CP & FAST... part Right ?

Squirtin Thunder
12-09-2004, 05:20 PM
did I get the CP & FAST... part Right ?
Hell yes that thing is one fast racing jet-tunnel !!!
And it is clean too !!!

bigriverdog
12-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Just dickin with some peeps. An old friend of mine refers to them as tri-hulls and you know the design is not that far off. Hey S T do you have the white one with the Blue Oval I have seen at Ming?

flat broke
12-09-2004, 05:23 PM
A gullwing shares more heritage with that "glasstron fishing boat" than most guys would want to admit. If you're refering to Jerry's boat, yes, its a tunnel. But a CP/TX whatever gullwing is more akin to a tri-hull.
Chris

djdtpr
12-09-2004, 05:27 PM
Just dickin with some peeps. An old friend of mine refers to them as tri-hulls and you know the design is not that far off. Hey S T do you have the white one with the Blue Oval I have seen at Ming?
That is funny i used to tell Bubba that he drove a tri hull all the time.I even tried to talk him into putting some rod holders in it.
Who has the fastest river gullwing?There are quit a few here on the boards that realy get with the program.

bp
12-09-2004, 05:31 PM
i don't think james's boat was a cp. it was a mantra, or something like that? when he put all that juice to it, i think it got in the high 8's? maybe mid 9's. his donut is faster by far with the same engine.
mark roznos' cp gullwing is the fastest i know of. maybe not before phoenix, but certainly after phoenix :D :D :D takin' a single carbed gullwing to runner up spot in top eliminator at phoenix with two seats in it is no small feat. especially with two side tanks in the boat.

bigriverdog
12-09-2004, 05:33 PM
That is funny i used to tell Bubba that he drove a tri hull all the time.I even tried to talk him into putting some rod holders in it.
Who has the fastest river gullwing?There are quit a few here on the boards that realy get with the program.
Whats up Bro? How's that ass-kicking Placecraft running? Sounds like it just gets faster every trip to Ming. We are towing my son-in-laws out to Jett Performance this weekend. We are targeting FC3 for possible completion. It should be a Monster. Bob

Performance 19
12-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Mines not the fastest, but fun enough. The red has to go though.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9520HPIM0343-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9520HPIM0382-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9520HPIM0374-med.JPG

bigriverdog
12-09-2004, 05:36 PM
i don't think james's boat was a cp. it was a mantra, or something like that? when he put all that juice to it, i think it got in the high 8's? maybe mid 9's. his donut is faster by far with the same engine.
mark roznos' cp gullwing is the fastest i know of. maybe not before phoenix, but certainly after phoenix :D :D :D takin' a single carbed gullwing to runner up spot in top eliminator at phoenix with two seats in it is no small feat. especially with two side tanks in the boat.
Your right BP and it is a beautiful boat as well.

moneysucker
12-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Yes the Doughnut is faster. But that CP should have never turned the # that it did. It is a heavy boat.

djdtpr
12-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Whats up Bro? How's that ass-kicking Placecraft running? Sounds like it just gets faster every trip to Ming. We are towing my son-in-laws out to Jett Performance this weekend. We are targeting FC3 for possible completion. It should be a Monster. Bob
Hey Bob how are ya?That will be cool to see his placecraft out there.Mine is still all apart.We will be at fc3 but probably not in the placecraft.
BP does mark run that boat on the river also?That thing is amazing how quick it is.
Performance 19 i saw your boat at the classic boat deal and at the fc2 it runs pretty hard,definatly a nice machine.

Squirtin Thunder
12-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Danny,
How far away are you from getting it back on the water.
It hit a high of about 74* here today !!!

djdtpr
12-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Danny,
How far away are you from getting it back on the water.
It hit a high of about 74* here today !!!
Its hard tellin but i can tell ya it will be a while yet.We may buy a beater just to cruise around in for awhile.something we can walk on the bow of and can carry more than an 18 pack without haveing to have the wife hold the rest in her lap.

steelcomp
12-09-2004, 07:14 PM
The white one at Ming with the Blue oval was GM Killer's boat, with JB Guru driving. That thing hauled ass. :D

Jake W2
12-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Come on Jim you know the ORIGINAL GULLWING (Youngblood)design came from a Apollo fishing boat cut down with a sport deck.Not from a glastron.And I would consider it a type of tri hull ,gullwing is just a name you califorina guys came up with.I had never heard them called any thing but a TX befor I started getting on here.You know it would put the smack down on that pore excuse for a bottom that Sanger has :eek: you know the extra big strakes.
Jake

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
12-09-2004, 07:48 PM
I noticed you avatar says 'Gullwing" was your boat laided up in Cal then transplanted to Texas!!! Budlight :D

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
12-09-2004, 07:53 PM
You can call my CP gullwing anything you want I don't care. But the one thing you will say is that somebitch is fast!!!! Budlight :yuk:

Jake W2
12-09-2004, 07:56 PM
It says that so you califriona guys know what it is.
Jake :D

Jake W2
12-09-2004, 07:58 PM
You know Bill did make some of the PJB 18 gullwings for Earl Smith.Careful you just might be rite.And mine is a 78 :supp:
Jake

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
12-09-2004, 08:01 PM
Isn't PJB also stand for 'Performance Jet Boats FROM CALIFORNIA :D Budlight

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
12-09-2004, 08:08 PM
I believe Earl Smith made gullwings before Scotten. Scotten started out as a salesman for earl smith and splashed earl's hull. earl filed a lawsuit and Scotten settled it. Budlight :idea:

Jake W2
12-09-2004, 08:09 PM
It stands for Performance Jet Boats Bill added the Califorina after he bought the moldes from Earl.
Jake

1Bahnerjet
12-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Isn't PJB also stand for 'Performance Jet Boats FROM CALIFORNIA :D Budlight
if it wasn't so cold out in the shed I would dig out some old mags where Performance Jet Boats of Cal & Performance Jet Boats of Texas (or somewhere in the Mid-West) ran ad's to say they were not the same Company !
where did the term Mid-West come from ? Ohio is the Mid-West but its allmost on the East Coast :rollside:

Jake W2
12-09-2004, 08:15 PM
So you guys do not think I am talking out of my ass Bill told me he made some of Earls boats for him around 78 and the way you can tell them apart is they will have a coast guard plate in them.Bill had told me he got the original molds from Earl in a buis transaction mabey that is his way of saying lawsuit?
Jake

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
12-09-2004, 08:21 PM
business , lawsuit, doesn't matter you still need a damm lawyer. I won't be suprised to find the lawyer got one in his fee!!! :D

Jake W2
12-09-2004, 08:28 PM
1Bahnerjet that would be cool to see thoes adds.
Jake

1Bahnerjet
12-09-2004, 08:34 PM
try to find friday, the ad's just said that they were not Associated with each other. Like a Divorce. :argue:

Squirtin Thunder
12-09-2004, 08:36 PM
try to find friday, the ad's just said that they were not Associated with each other. Like a Divorce. :argue:
So same boats different names !!!

Squirtin Thunder
12-09-2004, 08:37 PM
You can call my CP gullwing anything you want I don't care. But the one thing you will say is that somebitch is fast!!!! Budlight :yuk:
:clover:

Fogged Gullwing
12-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Mine went 80 with about 400 hp. Performance 19 how much power are you making with the twin turbo deal and how fast is it? Jack , Greg Shoemaker , Bill Scotten told me not to put my turbo motor in mine 1375 hp Duttweiler deal with real small turbo's. My BBF made 730 on the dyno and has a fogger N2O system on it set to 250 hp So that would end up at 980hp Jack told me at that power I could go 120 mph! Bill Scotten when I was at his house said the fastest one was a Guy out in phoenix that had a blown alky BBC in one that went 126mph And we are talking 19' not 18' I was thinking I could run a single turbo make 900hp and run 87 octane!!! That would be too cool. Naaaah! Going to build a 460" 15:1 junior pro stock motor for ski jet. Going to run river racer for the first couple races.
Later BK

Squirtin Thunder
12-10-2004, 08:56 PM
How are you going to race ???
You just insulted your team !!!
Crew chief and launcher !!!
S. Slow
A. Ass
N. Nimrod
G. Goes
E. Eats
R. Roost
Also your profile doesn't say anything about racing ???
Birthday:
July 11, 1963
Biography:
Live for speed
Interests:
Working on the boat
electro mechanical engineer/ basspro
Your Boat:
19' california performance gullwing fishing boat
Jim

Fogged Gullwing
12-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Thought you where racing too? Why are you changing threads? That was from another one. You told me you were going to bring your shit to ming in march! If your cancelling yeah I would love to have you crew chief but I was not counting on it! Don't back out you got to bring your boat too! I'll even set up the Big N20 unit on that bad boy while I'm there!
Who's Your Buddy? BK

Squirtin Thunder
12-10-2004, 09:09 PM
I might not be able to drive !!!
Now that hurts !!!
When you don't trust yourself you can't expect others to trust you.
I am not sure my eyes will be right by then.
It is hard to admit but when you don't have the tools you can't do the job.
Jim

Performance 19
12-10-2004, 09:20 PM
80 mph with 400 hp? that's pretty impressive. Not sure of the power.Last summer was a learning experience with the new motor. Best on GPS was 109, not ideal conditions. Bill and Jack are aware of the setup. Pam rode with us this summer, if Bill did not have faith in the boat/me, doubt she would have gone. She thoroughly enjoyed the ride, but she has been in a lot of fast CP's before. The motor is a Paul Phaff short block, PFM 1000 setup. Motor was fresh when we bought it this year, but it being gone thru this winter to be sure we are achieving the most HP. After dyno with specs, Jack will do our pump again.

Mrs CP 19
12-10-2004, 09:24 PM
S. Slow
A. Ass
N. Nimrod
G. Goes
E. Eats
R. Roost
Also your profile doesn't say anything about racing ???
Birthday:
July 11, 1963
Biography:
Live for speed
Interests:
Working on the boat
electro mechanical engineer/ basspro
Your Boat:
19' california performance gullwing fishing boat
Jim
But his profile does sound suspiciously familiar. Like someone who used to post here with the same initials.

Fogged Gullwing
12-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Perf 19,
Please let me know your power #'s when you got them! PM me with the results I promise to keep um quiet. Paul P. That's some big money!!!!!!! Good luck with the project!!!
Jim I would never hurt you sorry you don't feel that you can make it. I would be honored as my crew chief. But how in the hell can you back me in if you can't see? I'm Sure you would manage it's a good thing my truck is F@#ked up because it would'nt matter
Later BK

Squirtin Thunder
12-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Perf 19,
Jim I would never hurt you sorry you don't feel that you can make it. I would be honored as my crew chief. But how in the hell can you back me in if you can't see? I'm Sure you would manage it's a good thing my truck is F@#ked up because it would'nt matter
Later BK
I might not be able to drive !!!
Now that hurts !!!
When you don't trust yourself you can't expect others to trust you.
I am not sure my eyes will be right by then.
It is hard to admit but when you don't have the tools you can't do the job
BK,
I was talking about my respect for others. I would not want to phuck up and hurt anyone because I am not right.
Jim

Fogged Gullwing
12-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Mrs. Perf 19
Ya!! that would be me! Still Love my 19' gullwing!!! Got my jetaway from Duane the other day. Jack sent me my Legend hardened shaft and inducer. I've got both nitrous bottles filled and I 'm Lookin for some Flat Bottoms!!!! :devil: I'm ready to go river racer at ming in march.But after that maybe skijet?
See ya at the race!!!
BK

Cs19
12-11-2004, 12:03 AM
check you pms fogged.

Jeanyus
12-11-2004, 09:45 AM
S. Slow
A. Ass
N. Nimrod
G. Goes
E. Eats
R. Roost
Jimhttp://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859ronandjim.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/5859magiever-thumb.jpg
:frown: :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I like Fords And Sangers.

Squirtin Thunder
12-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Cyclone can tell you a story behind that hammer.

Jeanyus
12-11-2004, 10:24 AM
What looks like a hammer and screwdriver is actually, a boat plug. It was developed by my former crew chief. Who now is in BK's pits, I think it's a ford thing.

Fogged Gullwing
12-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Ron,
I think our crew cheif has some issues either way I'll take him on saturday you can have him on sunday!!! Thank god I don't have a plug in my boat! Who knows what jim would try to stuff in there?
Later BK ;)

Squirtin Thunder
12-11-2004, 02:36 PM
I can handle both boats in the pits but I can't launch both !!!!
No I can handle the two I did last time and the Glastron Tri-Hull.
I have learned from my mistakes and it will not happen agian. But I can only back one in.
Jim

Fogged Gullwing
12-11-2004, 08:23 PM
I got a robosapien for christmas maybe he can back me in!!!! :hammerhea
Later BK

Squirtin Thunder
12-11-2004, 08:50 PM
I got a robosapien for christmas maybe he can back me in!!!! :hammerhea
Later BK
What the hell is a Robosapien ?????

Fogged Gullwing
12-11-2004, 08:59 PM
Dude you don't know what a robosapien is? Hell it does my laundry pays my bills and cleans the house where have you been?
BK

Squirtin Thunder
12-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Dude you don't know what a robosapien is? Hell it does my laundry pays my bills and cleans the house where have you been?
BK
You should not talk about your Mom that way she might throw the boat out like the couch !!!!

Fogged Gullwing
12-12-2004, 08:45 AM
You better not even go there ! :hammerhea
BK

steelcomp
12-12-2004, 09:00 AM
This is pretty funny watching the Squirtin Gullwing show. Keep it up, guys!! :D :D :coffeycup

Squirtin Thunder
12-12-2004, 10:06 AM
You better not even go there ! :hammerhea
BK
Your the one that told me your mom desided to clean the house and threw out the couch. And if I remember right you said she gets like some kind of robot when cleaning. I think the words were a cleaning machine ????
Oh well just trying to yank your chain
gotcha !!!!!!!!!

helter skelter
12-19-2004, 08:41 PM
are you asking about current boats or past? speed or e.t.?
jw
Last time at Ming...
Best E.T. 8.91
Best Mph 117.4
Avg E.T. 9.04
Avg Mph 115.8
Not at all the fastest or quickest gullwing... but for a river sled 19'... it does alright.
Plus... who cares how fast you go if you can't go to the river with it and bring your dog along for the ride?
http://***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8381&stc=1