PDA

View Full Version : people stayed very civilized,THANK YOU

Sanger D
12-09-2004, 07:26 AM
See, it can be discussed.thank you for your answers,I reccondnized alot of names,(jet guys and v drive guys),but some kept adding what if,s and not sticking to the cryteria at hand.So my sole opinion on this is ,same combo,s, the v drive is faster,add allyou want,take all you want,the outcome will be the same,v drives are more efficiant!!!.SO,to those gentemen on just jets who where talkin crap about v drives,I think you should come to needles and prove your statements.my grandpa used to say "its better to be thought of as a fool,then to speak and remove all doubt"If you match up to of the same boats (EVEN BOAT MAKES), THE V DRIVE IS FASTER. so,thank you every one for your imput and pacients,and self control,and please forgive me for stirring this up but I just had to ask.THANKS. OH,by the way, the guy showing the time slip, isnt that boat runnin TWO carbs?thats what I think I saw.Iwas comparing 2 identical boats, not one carb against 2,lets remember people,THE SAME SET UP. THANKS again everyone. :shift: happy boating!!!

76BARRON
12-09-2004, 08:51 AM
It was good to have somthing to talk about . Thats the most action we have had in awile.I thought for sure I was going to die of boredom with the boards being so slow this time of year!

Moneypitt
12-09-2004, 09:15 AM
At this time the newer noise laws are right around the corner. ALL boats, jets, v drives, out drives, and even some outboards will be affected. As a group United we may be able to make some changes that will benefit all ***boaters. This discussion only confirms the passion we all feel towards our way of boating. Lets face it, we need each other, and,(a very important and,) we need to get organized and work together against the powers that are trying to take away our playgrounds in the interest of a few people new to the sceen of river life. Yes, this was a civilized discussion, even though the original question was answered with several varibiles thrown in. Remember, no matter how fast you are, theres always somebody, somewhere, faster.................MP

Jeanyus
12-09-2004, 09:24 AM
See, it can be discussed.thank you for your answers,I reccondnized alot of names,(jet guys and v drive guys),but some kept adding what if,s and not sticking to the cryteria at hand.So my sole opinion on this is ,same combo,s, the v drive is faster,add allyou want,take all you want,the outcome will be the same,v drives are more efficiant!!!.SO,to those gentemen on just jets who where talkin crap about v drives,I think you should come to needles and prove your statements.my grandpa used to say "its better to be thought of as a fool,then to speak and remove all doubt"If you match up to of the same boats (EVEN BOAT MAKES), THE V DRIVE IS FASTER. so,thank you every one for your imput and pacients,and self control,and please forgive me for stirring this up but I just had to ask.THANKS. OH,by the way, the guy showing the time slip, isnt that boat runnin TWO carbs?thats what I think I saw.Iwas comparing 2 identical boats, not one carb against 2,lets remember people,THE SAME SET UP. THANKS again everyone. :shift: happy boating!!!
Sanger D,you are welcome.
You are correct my 450 hp 427 does have 2 holley 600s, but the fact remains that it puts out 450 HP.
Your post confusses me some, you say you want to compare 2 identical boats, a jet and a v-drive?????
Your Grandfather gives good advice, I would listen to him if I was you.
I met a wise older guy at Lake Ming, he told me to take the MPH that guys claim to be running at the lakes, and deduct 20 MPH, thats what they will run at the race course.
You should bring your Sanger to lake Ming, it's a lot of fun. I'm not interested in driving to Needles (where ever that is) to line up next to boats and stand on the gas for who knows how long to determine, which boat has the higest top speed.
I prefer Ming, with the lights, where you can tell if someone jumps the gun and speed and ET are accurately measured, not to mention rescue personel, at the ready.
I plan on going in march, let me know if you plan on going, I'll change over to a single carb so our boats will be IDENTICAL and we could get the starting guy to line us up.
Of course you have 525 HP and your V-drive has a huge advantage over my jet, you will learn a lot at Ming.
For example you would learn the meaning of the term HOLESHOT.
I look foreward to meeting you. RZ

V-DRIVE VIDEO
12-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Remember, no matter how fast you are, theres always somebody, somewhere, faster.................MP
Unless your this guy...www.kenwarby.com :devil:

TRG
12-09-2004, 04:51 PM
ken warby is way too fast for my britches!
good stuff!

GofastRacer
12-09-2004, 05:48 PM
At this time the newer noise laws are right around the corner. ALL boats, jets, v drives, out drives, and even some outboards will be affected. As a group United we may be able to make some changes that will benefit all ***boaters.
Have any suggestions on how to do this, gotta do more than talk!.. :)

Moneypitt
12-09-2004, 06:27 PM
Believe me Art if I knew the ins and outs of the legislative process I would jump right in and try to at least start making some headway. I don't. I do however have the only "loud boats save lives" decal on my truck. I continue to push this idea in the interset of safety. The bikers were sucessful in their quest to establish that loud pipes save lives, how is it different? Over and over people come up with reasons why loud boats don't save lives, instead of considering that if ONE life is saved, it worked! I know I have "felt" loud boats coming up behind me at a greater rate of speed. Knowing they were there allowed me to let them pass cleanly, safely. If jet skiers could hear faster boats behind them, maybe they wouldn't make those fatal turns in front of them. Just one life saved means it works! I think I'm going to find a train air horn and rig it up on my boat. Every time I near a congested area of the river,(houses, ramps, docks) blow that horn like a freight train rumbling through town at crossings. The law says we're suppose to have horns or whistles on board, it doesn't say how loud they should be. I am wide open to any suggestions on how to start a petition to resend/change the laws, who to contact, maybe a link to the Gov's office, along with a standing invitation to Arnold to come to needles and ride in a zoomied flattie for first hand knowledge. BUT I don't have a zoomied flattie. Does anyone else here feel that "loud boats (could) save lives"? speak up..... How about links to surplus train horns?..MP

Squirtin Thunder
12-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Unless your this guy...www.kenwarby.com :devil:
I would race him, if you guys biuld me a boat !!!
Jim