PDA

View Full Version : Spanking a V-drive

jusjetting
07-10-2001, 10:18 AM
I live in Nevada and we go to Idaho to play in the water. Anyway we are out on the lake just hanging out a 20' Eliminator w/ a BBC and a V-drive and wants to race. In our conversation he tells me his boat runs 80+. I don't think my boat that fast.We pulled him out of the hole and spanked him on the top end. 19' Brendella w/ a BBC and a PANTHER pump. He went back to camp and got a GPS and GPS @ 92.3 mph.Not bad for a Panther.

timitunnel
07-10-2001, 11:25 AM
Where do you boat.

dankirk
07-10-2001, 11:49 AM
You're supporting my belief that Panther pumps aren't as bad as most people say. My boat is big and heavy and the Ford 460 and Panther jet move it along just fine. I think that as long as there isn't too much clearance between the impeller and the inner walls of the pump, they actually work great.

Bubbledeck
07-10-2001, 04:15 PM
where can I buy a GPS just like that one? I've always wanted to go 92.3 in my Tahiti ;-)

Cas42
07-10-2001, 04:55 PM
Dan,
I've been saying that for a while now. Panthers are the best there is, they just don't go as fast http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
So far, I've been real happy with mine.

Rivertoys_com
07-10-2001, 05:23 PM
I didn't know eliminator ever made a v-drive hull http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/confused13.gif

SPECTRABRENT
07-10-2001, 07:58 PM
I always enjoy a good v-drive spanking. I think all v-drive owners think that there v-drive can go 80+.
SpectraBrent

Timer
07-10-2001, 08:07 PM
Can't they?

superdave013
07-10-2001, 09:03 PM
Good thing you did race me. Now that should get you all going. ha ha ha

Leon
07-10-2001, 09:11 PM
The first boat Eliminator made was a Flatbottom V-Drive.

Rivertoys_com
07-11-2001, 06:13 PM
Oh yes! I forgot about the flats. Thanks.

superdave013
07-11-2001, 06:26 PM
Also the 20.5 & 21' cruisers & a few 19' Daytonas are out there running around.

Timer
07-11-2001, 06:31 PM
And 21' Daytonas.

jusjetting
07-12-2001, 06:05 AM
I went a barrowed a GPS from a friend and retested the top end and it read 83.6 mph @6100 rpms. The question at hand is how can these GPS's be so much different?

HAVNAFIT
07-12-2001, 09:07 AM
......BEER GOGGLES?.....

jusjetting
07-12-2001, 10:23 AM
WHAT EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jusjetting
07-12-2001, 10:32 AM
I quit reading realjet boats forum because of stupid sh_t. I guess it's just people.I guess people don't have anything intelligent
to say.I've read some of the posts and SOME people just don't have a clue. Not thin skinned just stating a fact.

spectras only
07-12-2001, 10:50 AM
jusjetting,I use a GPS and it's accurate to 1/10th of a mile at least.I always have a consistent reading on mine.There could be a calibration problem with one of the units you have used.I would take it to the retailer and ask if they could compare to one of their units.Otherwise send it to the manufacturer for testing.

mister460
07-12-2001, 10:54 AM
Probably just cause of different conditions. 84mph is still pretty damn fast! I think the top speed of my 19' is something around 8.4mph. Well, that's because it has no engine in it right now(interesting story, let's just say that a standard block went .060 over with the help of three sleeves and needed a new set of pushrods) and that's about how fast I can push it down a small hill! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif Sounds like a fun boat!

spectras only
07-12-2001, 11:09 AM
Brent,you're right about V-drive guys [I'm ,you're ]think they 're soooo much faster than jets http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif,my buddy's 20 Howard with 427 Chev two speed lenco tran,two blade prop topped out at 72 MPH versa my 20 Spectra's slow 60 MPH.Big deal!!!.I never had to fix my berk bowl or nozzle,he went through a few shafts ,strut,prop ,and I had to makeshift a tiller arm with a wise grip [talking about tough on the hand steering]when the Nicson arm broke in the middle of the lake.

superdave013
07-12-2001, 11:53 AM
Jet boat or v-drive, If you really want to know how fast your boat is take it to the races. NJBA is a great place to go out here in So Cal. If you race it for a season you can try things and see if you pick up or not. I just knew my blown flat was running 115+ unitl i went to the races. My frist pass was 103mph @ 10.87 e.t. Not very good. But the time I quit racing it was running 127 @ 8.0's. If you want to go faster the races are the best place to tune your deal. GPS are great for top end speed but the quicker boat is what wins at the river. When my boat was geared to run in the 130's the et sucked. If you can get your boat to run in the 8's you will spank most of the people.
Oh, I know i'm not faster than every jet. If you bracket race in the NJBA you will know that there are some very quick jets out there. I might have had a bigger MPH but they got to the end first. Being quick wins.

SPECTRABRENT
07-12-2001, 11:58 AM
There is a guy that has a v-drive Spectra 20 with a 502 and I have no problem staying right with him with my Spectra 20. The v-drive v. jets are apples & oranges. V-drives cost 3X's what a comparable jet would cost. If you only had lets say $40,000.00 to spend I would bet the jet would have no problem working a v-drive. Howard or Shaiada
wont even talk to you for less than $60,000.00 which is a base 454, no trans,
etc. not even a reach around for the effort.
Brent

Bad Ass Flat
07-12-2001, 01:56 PM
Spectra bent, are you just way too cool or what? Sounds like your cruiser is all that and a bag of chips. That cruiser wouldn't stand a chance against the exact same boat with a V drive in it. Jets are great family boats and extremely quick race boats. But for the river they are highly inefficient and slow.

07-12-2001, 02:54 PM
Hey B.A.F. you started it now! With statements like that you had better be prepared for some sh*t. SpectraBrent....you think my flat really goes 80? Does that monkey work on flats too?

CoastGuardSteve
07-12-2001, 03:30 PM
Bad Ass Flat....If you had the exact same boat with two differing set-ups, jet vs. v-drive, it would cost more out of the box for the v-drive. That was the point that was being made. By the way, names always start with a capital letter. Easy Tiger...it is just a joke. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

froggystyle
07-12-2001, 04:16 PM
They aren't half as inefficient or slow as a sandbar, or the V'drive getting towed home after hitting one!
But they are less efficient than River Dave with a funnel and two beers.

SPECTRABRENT
07-12-2001, 07:55 PM
Bad Ass Flat,
I beg to differ with you, I am not saying my boat is fast, but I can run with camparable v-drive cruisers maybe not flat bottoms.
Thanks,
Brent

SPECTRABRENT
07-12-2001, 08:38 PM
Bad Ass Flat,
Your probably right about jets being inefficient and slow, but so is your flat bottom at about 12:00pm at Parker or Havasu
sitting on the trailer due to the water geting a little rough.
Brent

HAVNAFIT
07-12-2001, 08:39 PM
my first gps showed me at "88" no matter how I turned it, so I tried my buddy's at "96" and turned it over for a "69" but it was still a "96".... at least with "78" i got "8" more...whats up with that?

timitunnel
07-14-2001, 10:20 PM
I think that everything is thought up and built by wemen because men would never build somthing that broke or needed tuning...Ha Ha Ha

Bad Ass Flat
07-17-2001, 02:15 PM
Ok you jet boat knuckleheads, his point was that he beat a V-drive with his lowly squirt boat. Jet boats are slow, inefficient and are the "poor mans" river boat. So, you guys are all driving the appropriate boat. No offense.

RiverDave
07-17-2001, 02:38 PM
Bad ass Flat, just to let you know I have an I/O. As far as racing and hauling ass you should shut the hell up, I know guys with DeckBoats that would blow your little Flat in the weeds, as far as making comments about how much $$$ anyone makes may I remind you your driving a Flat Bottom generally not the most expensive ride in the world. Even if you had a Bad Ass Flat full tilt, what does that cost?? Half of an Eliminator 236? I'm not talking sh^t on Flats, but it pisses me off when someone sais that a whole category of boats are a "poor mans" boats. It would seem to me that propulsion is a matter of preference and that decision is made becuase of circumstances at hand. If you had property at Big River would you buy a V-Drive?? No you run a jet like everyone else. If your building an Offshore raceboat odds are you'd run with an I/O or a surface drive. etc...
RiverDave
[This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited July 17, 2001).]

Bad Ass Flat
07-17-2001, 04:00 PM
River Dave, maybe you should go back to the mobile home and zip it. What do you know about my boat? I would bet any amount of money that there isn't a deck boat alive that could beat my flat. Look at the title of this topic. Spanking a V-drive. Sounds like it is a monumental victory. You just don't see topics like that on the V-drive page. My flatbottom will run an honest 135mph. Show me a deck boat that will run that.

Dimarco Kid
07-17-2001, 04:01 PM
Here we goe boys! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif
I have to put my FRIENDLY two cents in. I've had alot of jets and v-drives. First thing is that jet have a very big advantage, it's called rewind! Miss that one bad, to be totally honest, I miss my jet boat in general. What my number one goal and always will be number one is hauling ass! I'm not downing anyone here, but when your running or want to run numbers like 100+, I will argue till the day I die that a v-drive is the way to go. Proof is, my 468 with NOS made 820 horse on juice, in a tunnel jet it would run 92 on the clocks. Same motor, in a flattie 101 also on clocks. Same E.T. (within 3 hundreths) but the flattie would run away, and baby you could feel it! Same motor, in current boat a drag hydro went 8.27 @127mph. I also realize you can't honestly compare a hydro to any type of jet hull. As far as money goes, to go the same speed you will definatley have more in a jet, no questions asked, done it, won't do it again! Another thing I like, is you jet guys haven't changed gears lately have you! That quite a luxury in itself. Not that I ever needed to change gears to eat a jet! See, I always have to be an a++hole at the end of my post. I can't figure out why I have to do that! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif Love ya guys!
Dimarco Kid

SPECTRABRENT
07-17-2001, 08:14 PM
Bad Ass Flat,
What does money have to do with with kind of
boat that a guy owns. I own 2 boats a jet and yes a v-drive. I must remind you that it doesnt take much $$$ to buy a flatbottom look in the boattrader for all those 135 mph flatties for sale.
Good Luck,
SpectraBrent

timitunnel
07-17-2001, 08:53 PM
Hay Mr. B>A>F> why don't you stay over on your so called rich guy v-drive page and leave us poor boys in peace(or don't they want you either) This is soppose to be a friendly place to exchange friendly ideas. Thanks for your imput but no thanks. Tim

RiverDave
07-18-2001, 07:51 AM
What ever B.A.F, I'm over it so I guess I'll go back to my mobile home and zip it.
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited July 18, 2001).]

jusjetting
07-18-2001, 08:26 AM
I can't believe all the sh^t that has started over a little comment. Frankly I think anyone that has a login of B^A^F has a ego problem anyway. I didn't mean anything by spanking a flat. It was just a comment. I have 4 buddies with flats. It's just a fact of life that jetters and flatties give each other sh^t!!!!!!!!! Some of these people on here take it way too personal!!!!!!! Sorry that I started it all. By the way,the Eliminator that I spanked 2 of my flattie buddies spanked him as well. That does make a difference? Oh by the way this B^A^F is he the one about a year or so ago got his boat from a mishap in the family and asked what it was worth on Real jet boats forum, and he's about 16 or 17, maybe older now? I think most of the people on here are here to have fun, there's alway's one b^a^f in the bunch. Thanks

spectras only
07-18-2001, 08:34 AM
Hey guys let sum it up.V-drive vs jet,jet vs o/d ,who cares!All boats are great,kayaks,rowboats or inflatables too!Whenever or wherever I'm ,being on the water, what's on my mind all the time http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif.Just like the fishermen say,"a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work".I wouldn't take comments like [just spanked a v-drive]too seriously.I know a lot of guys with their hyper tuned Volkswagens they claim they beat Mustangs on a regular bases,and so far they beat me a few times on the street,because I let off the gas to let them go.They sorta kamikazes to try to prove a point, and go to all extent to beat you.I had a few close calls in my young years with hot cars and motorcycles and learned my lessons.I've been in some fast hydros in the seventies, and I try to stay away from triple digit speeds.Even Eddy Hill returned to cars from boats,knowing the difference hitting the water versa a pavement.Maybe B.A.F should post a "spanked a jet" in the v-drive section http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

07-18-2001, 08:35 AM
Those who can, do...those who can't, flap their jaws......Nuff said!

Eat me & die
07-18-2001, 08:53 AM
You Jet BOY`S are nuts. You bag on your own jet people in your forum then you bag on flats. If any one of you had a brain you could see that a v-drive flat is faster with the same motor right out of a jet. most jets will only run a top speed of 65 to 70. A flat v-drive with a stock 350cid chevy will do 75 to 80. Do that with your suck ass jets.

Blown509Liberator
07-18-2001, 08:56 AM
Her is from my 21' squirt tug http://nothinbutjets.homestead.com/files/Dcp08632.jpg
[This message has been edited by Blown509Liberator (edited July 18, 2001).]

07-18-2001, 09:09 AM
Hey E.M.& D. I'm not a jetboater, I have flats. All I said is those who can run triple digits usually don't brag about how fast their boat is, they don't have to. [And they don't knock other people's boats] You know the old saying..."When the green flag drops, the bullshit stops"

RiverDave
07-18-2001, 09:14 AM
Eat me and die, don't you have to finish a conersation in the race boat topic or something?
RD

Brendella
07-18-2001, 09:39 AM
I have had few encounters with the v-drives I have notice that if it is a basic v-drive with equal set up they are no faster. if they run a mid range prop they are running 70-80 if they run a 2 blade for high end then they can hit 100mph but that will take them a while to get there, as for the basic jet with a good basic set up will hit at least 70mph. but a lot faster than the prop. If I set up a jet for high end, hence an impeller for speed and a high flow snoot then I get the same affectas the v-drive. I like the jet 2 reasons. 1 being that when skiing peaple are made in too fish chum. and 2 all that hardware running up the center of the 18ft v-drive is only good for 2 peaple.
My brother has classic Bismeiyer v-drive with a two speed trans. that is fast out the hole and down the line. but front seat is good back seat right next to trans and motor, and reving that hard hate to see the trans blow without a scatter shield. I never see a fast v-drive playing in the rough water or sking /tubing.
but I do have appreciation for all boat set ups. lets all boat together.

Leon
07-18-2001, 11:27 AM
Way to go River dave. I keep reminding him but he can't get around all of his previous contradictions. The badassflat guy sounds like an egomaniac to me. Maybe he should get himself a jet hydro.

Bad Ass Flat
07-18-2001, 11:53 AM
Come on you guys, who are the ones getting butt hurt here? Like you all agree it is normal for everyone to talk smack. Everybody has an answer for everything. If someone has a fast flat, it sucks in rough water. If someone has a fast jet, they spent way too much money yada yada yada. Spanking a v-drive is a topic you start when you are talkin smack. Nice time slip by the way Liberator. It looks real legible. Did all you conservative jet boaters vote for Bush?

Blown509Liberator
07-18-2001, 12:44 PM
anyone else have a hard time reading it?

SPECTRABRENT
07-18-2001, 01:10 PM
Looks good to me.
Brent

Bad Ass Flat
07-18-2001, 02:53 PM
So, lets get this straight. I am the egomaniac in here because I use a name called Bad ass Flat but you are the baffoon that took a picture of a waded up time slip to keep for prosperity? Now I've seen everything

boatnam2
07-18-2001, 03:02 PM
hmmmm just got into this topic,man you jet boaters disagree alot.the picture to me looks like a gps reading,i had a race car and never got a heading of which way i was going with my time slip but you never know that was a year ago maybe things have changed.thank god it was only a quater mile long i might of got lost.

RiverDave
07-18-2001, 03:13 PM
Bad Ass Flat I originally posted this, but then edited it out becuase I thought it might upset you, However I really don't care anymore becuase you have a serious EGO problem.
Bad Ass Flat, not to raise hell on a message board, but you are full of Sh*t. The reason I can say that with some confidence is the people who actually OWN and DRIVE 135mph flats don't talk like you do. They generally aren't out trying to prove something to everyone becuase they already know what they have. Secondly, GROWING UP AT THE RIVER do you know how many triple digit boats I've heard about?? Thousands, so I say the same thing to you that I say to everyone else. I got a GPS and a wallett full of money, do you have a 135mph boat?? Becuase I'm willing to bet you don't. It's real easy to talk about it on a message board, but in real life guys like you don't even have the "nuts" to go that fast in a lil flat. As far as a deckboat that won't go that fast? Your probably right, but that aint that far off what a Conquest is capable of and I do know a few guys that run triple digits in them, so I figure we can take approx 40-50 mph off your top speed (BS Factor, I'm actually thinking it's higher then that) and you'll be getting waxed six ways to sunday. By the way the next time you say something along the lines of "Jet boats are slow, inefficient and are the "poor mans" river boat. So, you guys are
all driving the appropriate boat. No offense." You might want to reevaluate your situation, Your talking like your better and richer then everyone else. (Well listen up Turbo I'll go head's up with you in any category you wanna go in from how much money made, to boat cost, to best looking girlfriend, right on down to the size of your lil pathetic weiner) It's a general rule at the River that you don't talk Sh^t on other peoples rides because whatever it maybe (I don't care if it's a bass boat) it's nice to them and atleast there out there out doin it. Remember you 15 year old putz, you gotta a lot to learn so stop talking about Daddy's old boat (That he probably doesn't have anymore anyways) and shut the hell up, because most people around these parts have been doing this since you were in Diapers.
Now here's the trick, you show up at the river with a "BAD ASS FLAT" and make me eat my words (I'm sure a rich guy like you can take off work anytime he wants right? I say we go right now!) or you can keep on talking and hope someone some day actually buys into your BS.
1 More thing It aint a Mobile home. (How's that for talking Smack, Kid)
With Love, http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
RiverDave

rivercrazy
07-18-2001, 03:27 PM
RD is right. Most of the people who claim their boat does triple digits probably only go 65-70, in my experience. Everyone wants to go fast but in reality, regardless of propulsion, it takes SERIOUS money to overcome the friction of water/weight of the boat.
The prices of motor hop ups is just as high whether you have a v-drive, jet, or outdrive. Of course the outcomes will be different with the various propulsion types (out of the hole, top speed, etc).
By the way, have you priced a new jet boat compared to a stern or outboard? If the jet's set up for performance, most of the time the prices are not that different. Most jetters are not poor man's boaters. They choose jets for other reasons (safety, varying water levels, low maintenance, etc).
Also, prices of a used v-drive versus a used jet boat of the same age, type, brand, in many cases, are similar.
In my mind there are no poor man's boats. If just depends on what you want and expect out of your rig. The point is to have fun right?

rivercrazy
07-18-2001, 03:30 PM
Oh and by the way. My boat's top speed is slow (its great out of the hole though). GPS - 60mph on a good cold day with moderate chop and light load. I of course would like to go faster, but other priorities limit the thickness of the old wallet!
However, after a few beers I might say it runs 63-64 though.

RiverDave
07-18-2001, 03:34 PM
Or if you were bragging on a message board! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif LOL like some other person, we won't menchion who though.
RD

Dimarco Kid
07-18-2001, 03:54 PM
$34550, to be exact. That is what it has taken me over the years to make my hydro go 136 in the quarter mile on clocks. You guys are soo right when you say, it don't matter what you got, people that run those numbers have some major bucks in any boat they drive. Mine's a hydro, probably the most efficient boat on the water, and it still takes that much! And another thing, I DON'T have a fat wallet, mine's empty right now, but my boat hauls ass!!!! LOL Alot of you guys can relate to that can't ya!
Dimarco Kid

Bad Ass Flat
07-18-2001, 04:37 PM
River Dave, I applaud you for sticking up for what you believe. I apologize for one comment I made about the poor mans river boat, it wasn't intended to be hurtful. I was merely commenting on the fact that the jetboaters were all so proud of beating a V-drive. Now back to your sorry ass. You have no clue what you are dealing with do you? I am willing to take you up on your bet of a river race. But, here is the deal, it has to be worth my while. I am not gonna waste the gas on a 1/32 mile race against your boat. When I tell you I have a 135 mph flat I mean it. Hell it will may even run 137 on a good day. How about this deal. For every mile an hour under 135 it runs I'll give you $1,000. For every mile an hour over 135 you give me $1,000. Are you on big shooter? Lets really see who has Sack?

Dimarco Kid
07-18-2001, 04:58 PM
It's easy to talk big bets when you know the bet ain't ever gonna happen!

Leon
07-18-2001, 05:39 PM
I say River Dave takes him up on it. River Dave sounds like hes pretty well heeled himself. What have you got to lose RD? Maybe the guy runs 140 and you lose 5 grand. On the other hand this guy probably goes 110 and you make 25 thou. Make it all official like and ya'll may even get a surprise visit from ol Leon. i'll make another deal. If Slowboat can break 100 i'll give 1000 for every mile per hour over. If not he gives Leon 1000 for every mile per hour under. Eat me and die...you scamper along and tell him and see what he says.

Old Man River
07-18-2001, 05:57 PM
You guys are full of it. I grew up on the Sacramento River in Northern Ca. (Not Sacramento) I have owned both v-drives and jets. They both have their good and bad points. Hell for a while no respecting boat owner would own a jet, then things changed and everyone had them. Now it seems to be a 50-50 split. Face it gents, stock boats are only good for 50-60 mph. If you wanted and had the loot to waste, a guy could build a damn outboard and as someone put it "spank" everybody. And the one with the most $$ usually wins. Several of you said it, "to each his own." People buy or build their boats for what they want to do.
As far as the GPS photo, I can get those numbers in my Super Cub and it only has a 100hp. Next time show a little more for proof of what it was taken in.

boatnam2
07-18-2001, 07:11 PM
damm rd sounds like the bets on.i work with a guy named jeff martin his boat is named flat nasty he's pretty high up there 140mph something i think maybe he told me he ran 150 at red bluff.me and his dad parted a couple of weeks ago at the river and he was telling me that bassically the motor in the boat was a pro stock motor.with big chief heads and all.well over a 1000 hp carburated.so i hope baf is paking the goods

Kamakazi Ken
07-18-2001, 07:34 PM
I would love to go 70, but I live @8000' so I'll take what I can get. I also have great home here in the rockies, two expensive (one very) auto's and eight (8) children and a jet boat. Just because I love "Jets", maby even a Jet Plane one day (those who dream!!!)
Get over it, fun is the answer.
Voted for Bush. Need Cheap Gas!
Haven't found a jet that will run on solar

RR1/ 001
07-18-2001, 08:33 PM
This is the REAL slow boat from over at Dragboatracing.com It looks like some of you may have met my crew. We won`t go in to that right now. But any way Leon are you sure that you want to make that kind of bet? I will send you a pic to your e mail and then you can tell me if you realy want to. I just looked and you dont show one. Let me put it this way YOU ARE ON !!!!! but if you want to back out that is ok. You can go to my web page and leave me a message if you want too. There are some old pics there but things have changed a little on the motor and that`s not on there yet. www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com (http://www.worthingtonmotorsports.nasha.com) I will see if I have time to get some of the new pic`s up.
[This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited July 19, 2001).]

EDROE
07-18-2001, 10:15 PM
Whats wrong with having a mobil-home?

JET BUG
07-18-2001, 11:04 PM
or a jet boat

RiverDave
07-19-2001, 07:46 AM
Edroe, JetBug, Nothing that's the point I was trying to make.
Leon, sounds like we may have a runner here eh? Dunno though his gums are still flapping pretty hard.
B.A.F, just like someone else said easy to talk big money if you know it ain't gonna happen. I'm not trying to put your family into financial despair here B.A.F. I say we make a "real bet" since it's now gone from 135 to 137, how bout's we make it an even 140? It goes over that I give you a couple large, It don't you give me a couple large?
Ultra Regatta good by you?
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited July 19, 2001).]

wrightnow
07-19-2001, 08:45 AM
Everyone who likes to run fast at the river knows that you dont run 135mph out there. You need good water and even at big river (my choice for a weekend get away) it's hard to find water to do 135mph. All it would take is one roller and your gone. But let me know when this going to happen I alway love to watch a swimmer.

Bad Ass Flat
07-19-2001, 08:54 AM
WHOAAAAAAAAAAA, there Big daddy, River Dave, What the hell happened? I thank you for thinking of the well being of my family and my fiancial status. But I would like to stick to my original proposal. It sounds like RD is doing the backstroke. How about you get your boy Leon behind you and get Ultra and Liberator and hell grab Slowy. How about this, for everymile an hour under 135 I'll give you $2,000 large. For every mile an hour over 135 you give me $1,000. 2-1 odds ain't bad. We just need to find a place to do it. A race site may be a good place. Are you in Stud? There is nothing wrong with Motorhomes or jets, I was just stirring the pot. Come on River Dave show me what you got.

RR1/ 001
07-19-2001, 10:04 AM
The Okla city race is August 4 & 5 Let me if that will work for you Leon. I will have to put a JET-A-WAY on my boat before they will let me race it in the 10`s. Let me know if that race will work for you as it will take some time to put the JET-A-WAY in. This is a CSDBA and a SDBA points race.

LS7
07-19-2001, 10:12 AM
let just see 11's then.
Or
Lets see you sandbag the start and go 90mph through the traps
LS
[This message has been edited by LS7 (edited July 19, 2001).]

Bad Ass Flat
07-19-2001, 10:28 AM
APB on River Dave!!!!!!!!!! I don't think he has the nuts to make the bet. Slowy, I think you are gonna be in the money with Leon.

RiverDave
07-19-2001, 11:23 AM
B.A.F. I don't know what being in the money with Leon is, but Hey being in the money sounds good to me! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif As far as your 1000.00 per 1mph I gotta admit that's a lil rich for my blood. However I'm struggling with the Idea of an electrician being able to come up with that kind of cash as well. So as I stated before make a "Real" bet and I'll nut up. Your the one with "This point to Prove" I've already stated before that I'll make it worth your while, prove your point already! In other words Nut up or Shut Up becuase when the green flag drops your BS is gonna stop. I'll be at the Ultra Regatta with an Envelope that sais B.A.F. Better catch me quick though or that's going towards other things.
RD

Bad Ass Flat
07-19-2001, 11:45 AM
River Dave, your tune has changed dramatically. How about his, If I can run 138 mph on a legitimate clock you pay me $3,000. If I don't I'll pay you $5,000. That is a legitimate Bet I will stand behind. Are we on?

ULTRA28
07-19-2001, 11:51 AM
B.A.F., I don't know why you decided to put me in the middle of this, but I'm always one for to bet the odds, so I will have my cash, stalker radar gun and my poor jet boat owning ass at the Parker party in two weeks as long as I have enough money left to make the payment on my mobile home. I'll even bring enough extra cash to cover Leon if Slowboat/Eat me and Die/ RR1-001/ Steve Worthington shows up. Believe me, I'm not saying I don't think you guys can do what you say, I just like a good bet and a good race.
[This message has been edited by ULTRA28 (edited July 19, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by ULTRA28 (edited July 19, 2001).]

RiverDave
07-19-2001, 12:12 PM
If you kill yourself trying to impress me do I still have to pay?? As far as a clock, last time I checked there wasn't any clocks on the water. You throw a handheld GPS in the passenger seat take One pass bring it back and it sais 140 well then I think we may have something going here. By the way, how did my tune change?? I never said anything about betting huge amounts of money... I just said your full of Sh*t. Which I'm still inclined to believe. From what I've heard though you may have inherited someone elses work so I'm not going to go pissing huge amounts of money away becuase one of your relatives gave you a boat. Back to the tune thing, In that post if you read it, it sais very clearly I can say this with Some Confidence. Every now and again there's a pipesmoker with an attitude like yours that actually has something quick, but 99.9% of the time people that talk like you are blowing smoke (From some guys pipe) up peoples asses. Obviously you know more about your own boat then me becuase I haven't even seen it yet. Is it worth 3K for me to find out, probably not, but it's worth 1-2K so if your really trying to prove your point that bad, bring her on down and if it does it, then the weekends on me and you get to be God of the Jet Boat topic. (Which it seems to me your really striving for) putz.. The reasons I'm not interested in your highdollar bets is
1. I've been known to be wrong before
2. I'm not the one with something to prove here
3. I'm genuinely concerned about you not paying.
4. I've not even seen the boat yet, I'm just going off your 15 year old mentallity towards life.
The reason I'm still willing to bet anything
1. Your a putz, and I would love to see you lose.
2. Your a putz, whom thinks he's better then everyone else.
3. Your a putz, that fits every criteria for a bull shitter
4. I wouldn't mind seeing a putz, do a 135mph (That to me alone is worth 1-2K)
5. There's decent odds that you can't do it in one pass. (Putz)
6. If it doesn't happen I can clown on the putz for a long time, plus I'll have some extra beer money
7. The most important reason, your a putz.
RD http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Ultra28, It's not a race, I'm just betting he can't do it! Don't go getting sucked into this though, this guy is fairly petty and I'm sure he'd talk Sh^t for the rest of his life if he lost (which in reality has no affect on me) but could affect your business. To be honest with you I don't even know how I got sucked into this thing. Usually I don't let fruitloops like this piss me off, but I think that poor mans thing got to me and I don't even have a jet!
RD

SPECTRABRENT
07-19-2001, 12:52 PM
I cant understand one thing about v-drive or flatbottom guys is that they always look down on jet boat owners. (I forgot they are a poormans boat). I can tell you that if I wanted a flatbottom or v-drive I would go buy one. Whats the big deal. I like flatbottoms, v-drives, & jets. Are flatbottom & v-drive owners just more cool than jet guys?
SpectraBrent

rivercrazy
07-19-2001, 01:28 PM
Why don't you V-Drive guys just go to the V-Drive message board. Is there not enough going on in there for it to be interesting?
Usually racing classes race similar setups. You don't see Indy cars going up against dragsters or motorcycles racing 4wheel trucks to you.
It would be very interesting to GPS all you V-Drive guys in a race and find out how many of them would go 85+. I bet it would be a small percentage. Hot air is very different from reality.

RiverDave
07-19-2001, 01:38 PM
Well RiverCrazy, it would seem that our B.A.F. friend really has very little experience in the V-Drive message board. Near as I can tell out of his 11 total posts 9 of them are in here, and only 1 of them are in the forum of the very type of boat that he owns! Seems to me that he jumps right in here and has more fun calling Jet Boaters Poor Mans rides then actually conversing with people that have similar boats and similar interests. Smack, Smack, Smack, Smack dam B.A.F now that you got me into this talking Smack thing it's kind of fun, particularly when you have an easy target. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

rivercrazy
07-19-2001, 01:46 PM
Exactly.
I have nothing against V-Drives. They are great boats and have great speed potential. I just get tired of the comparisions and the claims of top end speeds. I've been boating long enough to know running anything over 105-110mph is so rare anyway. Anything running that fast either costs CUBIC boxes of dollars, they are lies, someone's had too many beers, or they are dreaming.
Maybe Bad Ass Flat would show you all the receipts for the purchases he has done to make that rig run 135mph. Like or east coast racer eluded to, it takes SERIOUS $$$ to make a boat run fast. That way you can make a more educated guess on whether you want to take that bet. If I were you, I'd just ignore the whole thing. Your there to have fun anyway...

Bad Ass Flat
07-19-2001, 02:04 PM
My dear tweaker friend Dave, put down the crack pipe. You seem to be an intelligent individual other than the fact that you spelled mention (menchion). Your list of reasons for me to not be able to obtain 138 mph is lengthy. I'm sorry if you have no foundation for any of it since you have no clue what you are talking about. Maybe at one time you owned a flat that was not that fast. In your mundane long post you make the statement," the reason I am willing to bet anything". Then you crap out your pie hole and tell me reasons you are willing to bet ANYTHING. Well here is your chance Tweaker Dave. How about an NJBA race? Clocks that are functional, not some faulty radar gun that gives you a wrinkled up time slip. You may want to actually try to figure out what it is that I have instead of writing it off to BS. I am serious about taking your crank money. Let's just call it a dare. I don't think I am better than anyone else, I am just better than you. You got sucked into this because because you feel you have to be heard. Small man complex. The bottom line here is do we have a deal or are you going to pee sitting down for the rest of your life?

RiverDave
07-19-2001, 02:27 PM
I didn't know we were having a spelling contest. I'll try to keep the errors on down to a minimum. Being that some of my friends have Jet Boats that must mean I'm unedumucated and live in a Trailer right?
As far as the reason vs reasons I'm sorry I originally only had one, the fact that your a putz, but they just kept coming out and I forgot to go back and make it plural. By the way my little angry friend http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad61.gif What does NJBA stand for?? For us folks whom don't race. Don't get mad son http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/mad25.gif it's just talking smack right?
One more thing since it is a spelling contest you mispelled financial. WHOAAAAAAAAAAA, there Big daddy, River Dave, What the hell happened? I thank you for thinking of the well being of my family and my fiancial status.
Kind of a keyword I would think particularly when your throwing money around.
Aren't you getting tired of making an Ass of yourself yet?
RD

boatnam2
07-19-2001, 02:30 PM
boy this is getting good.i have to say though when i go to the river and im boat watching(and i can say this truthfully)when i look at boats i think hey nice ride,nice paint job,nice motor,nice tits whatever it is.but i never say to myself oh no jetboat he must be a dickhead,oh he's got a v drive he must be one of those jerks i heard about,oh look and outboard guy i heard there fags,i just look at a boat as a boat and nothing else who cares what pushes it,were all going up and down the river with pretty much the same thing in mind.were all just boater's getting it done with what we got and thats it.

boatnam2
07-19-2001, 02:32 PM
oh bye the way rd,my girlfreind wants to know how old you are,i sais 38 since thata my age.she said your 27 or so,i said no way.

Bad Ass Flat
07-19-2001, 03:51 PM
Tweaker Dave, financial was a typo, Menchion is down right moronic. You have babbled yourself into a corner and can't get out. It is apparent to me that it is you who is the putz, but you already knew that. Who tipped you off to the fact that financial was spelled wrong? I see the the bet is totally out the window as you make no references to it. Move your purse strap to the side and sew up that snatch. Come on Tweak you can with it better than that. Good thing you didn't get all caught up in this.

Dimarco Kid
07-19-2001, 04:27 PM
How about this,
I will eat everyone here, top end or quarter mile, but I live in Maine. My hydro will rip your flattie, jettie, deck boat, and pontoon boats up, but I live in Maine. I'll blow you away with my wife showing you her bare ass in the passenger seat, but I live in Maine. You boys wouldn't even unload hearing alcohol thru my zoomies, but I live in
Maine. Your too scared to read a GPS in my boat, but I live in Maine. I probably would beat you in LOW gear, but I live in Maine. But boy if I lived out there, you'd be afraid, very afraid!
That's what you guys sound like, just so you'll know.
Love,
Dimarco Kid

Bad Ass Flat
07-19-2001, 04:42 PM
Right on DK!!!!!!!!!!

RR1/ 001
07-19-2001, 04:45 PM
Hey Leon This is slow boat 001 calling Leon
Bad Ass Flat, are you Jeff or Joe ? RD if that is joe or jeff marten, then you better think about it, they have the "Worlds Fastest Flat" jeff says, (FLATNASTY) !!!!! If you ever go to any boat race you will see that the flat`s help the jet`s and the jet`s help the flat`s . You won`t find any of this kind of crap at a any race.The people that race help out the team that they might run next round. Hell I have had some TAH and TFH help me out with tools and man power just to make it to the next round. Now dont get me wrong there are some good people at the rivers and lake`s but out of every 10 hot boat`s, there is one guy that has a 65mph boat that can run 90 to 100 with just one beer. The only time you find this kind of crap is when you go to a lake or a river.You can beat that guy 100 times and he will be back and want to run you just one more time.

Bubbledeck
07-19-2001, 05:15 PM
I'm with boatnam .. I admire just about everything that floats other than an a 200lb chick on an air mattress.

RiverDave2
07-19-2001, 05:54 PM
Putz, as I already stated in a previous post, is it worth the kind of money that your talking about to find out if your for real? No, becuase to be absolutely honest I don't care. It's it worth 1-2K to find out, sure, I'd pay that to see a putz do 137. I'm always willing to pay for some entertainment. Even if it means paying a high dollar hooker to risk his life in a flat bottom. At that point though you better realize that your just there for my amusement and entertainment.
SlowBoat, It doesn't matter to me who this guy is or fast his boat is! A pipesmoker is a pipesmoker. I wouldn't even have said anything to this putz except he started talking like he was god and how jet boats are poor mans rides etc... That to me is a little uncalled for. As far as his bad ass flat, Well I've heard these stories before. blah, blah blah 140 blah blah. Even if it does 140 I could still care less, becuase he's a pipesmoker. If he was cool about it then I'd be genuinely impressed. Unfortunately he's not, and from my experiences people that talk like this guy don't generally have that quick of a boat. Even if he is some top dog drag racer what right does that give him to come in here and talk sh&t? Is he really that used to people kissing his ass around the races? Maybe he needs to get his ego back in check a lil bit. Atleast I have the satisfaction of knowing that I could sell my boat take low dollar for it, and buy two flatties that WILL spank him 6 ways to sunday.
RD

RIVRHED
07-19-2001, 07:04 PM
Oh boy, have I been missing some good action around here. Hey BAF, when are you leaving for Augusta? I hear you and Jeffy Poo are both going to go just to spank a god ugly red boat. Hows the new business? I like the profile, you are a putz. First I thought you were G.M., but found out later I was wrong.
River Dave, BAF was just amusing himself a bit. I think he was just following suit with the amusing comment that a jet spanked a vdrive. Not impossible, but 9 times out of 10 the V drive will smoke a jet in the 1/4 mile, even a small block geared right.
As far as BAF, I wont give him up, but he does have a wiz bang set up, and his motor program costs about as much as a nice 25' eagle http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif. Ive seen him go over 140 on a good day, but never with a cast on his arm http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif.
BAF dosent even know what a GPS looks like, thats why he thought that pic was a time slip. Thats all he knows. As far as radar guns go, if you want to add a few MPH, just radar it. Clocks are much more accurate.
NJBA is the national jet boat association. They hold most of thier events at lake Ming in No cal. So come on boys, sack up like you have a pair, both of you. You probably wont hear from BAF until next week, so dont hold your breath.
late

boatnam2
rr1,i know its not jeff i worked with him today.

boatnam2
rr1,i know its not jeff i worked with him today.

HBjet
07-19-2001, 07:11 PM
MAN! I have sure missed a lot. And this is as good, if not better then the Bowl Debate topic. I just want to say I too like looking at the boats at the river, no matter what drive they are using. I have a jet now, I've driven a flatty, and it was fun, not as fun as my jet, but I did get a kick out of it. As fas as what is quicker in the 1/4, I would have to say most jets spank flats with similar setups. At the river, I would have to say the same, because you never really run a complete 1/4 mile. When it comes down to it, RiverDave has the better boat. Because he can load a hell of a lot more girls then any flatty I've ever seen http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif I'd like to see B.A.F. run his boat with 6 girls in it, and RD run the same.......I'd pay to see that. My $$$ is on RiverDave....
So which is it? Slow Boat 001, E.M.A.D., and now the new one, RR1/001. Slow Boat (I'm going to just call you that) Your crew member wasn't posting, who are you trying to fool here other then yourself? If you just said, ok, I'm taking back what I said, and I'm still going to post. You will get crap for it, but then a week or so will go by and you would of stating something else which makes no sense and we would have forgotton that you weren't going to post anymore. But to make 3 different names? Come on, if its buggin you that bad, don't post at all. As far as if B.A.F. being Jeff or John, and thay have the worlds fastest flat. I think you better look again, because flats are going well over 140 mph in the 1/4. (Maybe it's the worlds fastest "Jet" flat bottom?) That would explain all of the posts in the Jet Boat fourm. Thats cool Slow Boat that TAH and TFH help you out, I would fire your crew if they don't know how to make a jet boat go 80 in the 1/4 mile. What exactly did thes TAH and TFH teams help you on? I'm curious, did they make the weather better? I do agree with you that people stretch there numbers when it comes to speed. And I find it very funny that my 75 mph jet can spank 95 mph jets, flats and eggbeaters at the river. And I'll even have two people in the boat.
As for B.A.F. If you really raced your boat seriously, you wouldn't talk the way you do. You wouldn't bet money, because if your boat was a serious 135 mph boat, you'd do it for free all day long and enjoy it everytime you said, told ya so. That is worth more then the money. I could see you betting money so you can build that motor to run that 135 and then take RiverDaves money to pay off the 2 credit cards you maxed out.
Everyones fast, and there is always someone faster. Someone could have a 130 mph tunnel, and then the next weekend, someone else has one that goes 135.....it will never end. Have a beer, go for a ride in RiverDaves boat and get a lap dance from one of his ship mates.
HBjet

RIVRHED
07-19-2001, 07:22 PM
HB jet, OK I have a few more minutes to add to that:
I think the discussion was if BAF could run 140 or not? Not how many strippers he could fit in it.
Who the hell is John?
We are talking about OPEN boats here, not capsules. Yes you are correct, flats are running well over 140, but not a N.A. open flat.
As far as a jet smoking a v drive flat with similar set up in the 1/4 mile, nigga please.
late

dragally
07-19-2001, 07:41 PM
Damn hbjet I really wish you had left the eggbeater part out. A 75 mph jet spanking an eggbeater? Not mine. A 100 mph jet spanking an eggbeater? Maybe mine but not Toms.
I believe someone else refered to we eggbeaters as Fags. Aint true. And who was it that refered to a DAMN ob? Now that man is right. Ya see son dollar for dollar an eggbeater will run faster than a jet or v-drive period.
I was @ Havasu the other week and I did get spanked on top end by a 26 ft cat by 8 mph. Only thing about that was he had 850 hp and I have a lowly 150. He did have one hell of a nice looking cat tho. Back to my point being dollar for dollar ya aint gonna beat an eggbeater.
Dragally

RR1/ 001
07-19-2001, 08:10 PM
HEYYYYYY Leon, Slow boat 001 calling Leon !!!!
Yes,No or maybe ?
You got to give me time to put that Jet-A-Way in I need to know if we are on?
Well if its not jeff then its Joe or K-Mart as we like to call him !
The TFH and TAH team`s that have helped me, helped me find out that we have had a cam going down sence the Waco Texas race we did and one of the flat`s I think his # was 545 gave me the tools to check it out to see if that was the problem.
You see you should be glad that some one like me would even post in your forums as I have the WORLD`S FASTEST JET HYDRO racing this year
If my JET HYDRO only did 10 mph I would still have the "WORLD`S FASTEST JET HYDRO".
Next Question!
Can some tell Leon I`m looken for him?
I think he has some MONEY that he want`s to give me !!!
P.S. River Dave 2 We call K-Mart a polesmoker the stuff he smokes wont fit in a pipe! J/K K-Mart
[This message has been edited by RR1/ 001 (edited July 19, 2001).]

Bubbledeck
07-19-2001, 08:14 PM
ok, now I'm really confused ..
if "dollar for dollar a V drive will always be faster than a jet", then that means it costs more for a fast jet right? .. so maybe jets aren't "poor man's boats" afterall? Maybe jet boat owners all have Bank so they can make them run.
Holy crap! I've got the wrong boat! I better go out and buy me a V drive that is "dollar for dollar" faster than a jet, because I ain't rich and I need new tires on my house heh

HBjet
07-19-2001, 09:22 PM
Riverhed......we are talking about fast jets and flats. If you say the worlds fastest, you are talking about speed. If you want to say the worlds fastest open flat, fine, or even the worlds fastest deck boat with a 3000 watt stereo, or even the worlds fastest jet hydro....even at 10 mph. I'm just saying the worlds fastest flat is faster then 140. Wait, were we talking about the worlds fastest at the races, or at the river? I forget...
Dragally, I wasn't saying I spank OB (Eggbeaters) all day long. I'm just saying some boaters, not matter what type of drive or motor they have will stretch the number that their boat can really reach. When I say eggbeater, I'm only talking from experience when someone with an eggbeater told me his boat can to 90 mph. I said cool. He asked me how fast my boat was (this is before I had it radared) and I told him I didn't really know. He said lets run and I can tell you a ball park estimate. We ran, and WOW!, he was impressed that I had a 90+ jet boat. I was too since I don't. I told him maybe his OB isn't running at 90 like he thinks. Where do you run your boat? Hamilton Beach? J/K http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif I actualy saw an outboard with that name on it.
HBjet http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

RR1/ 001
07-20-2001, 12:53 AM
Has anyone seen a mentally challenged grown kid in here? He can be seen cruising around Kansas pulling a beat up jet hydro Hoopty behind his Suzuki Samurai. He is very edgy and will drop a challenge to race him at any second. Please approach him with care as his ride is loaded down with beer cans which can be hurled at an alarming rate. If you are thinking of ramming the hydro from behind, think again. It has a pump hanging off of it. Please advised that he may be traveling with a large enclosed dumpster that he calls the train. The jet hydro will be the third vehicle in tow behind the Dumpster. He is very sensitive so be gentle, we don't want slow boat goin postal.
I love that one I`m going to save it for when DBR come`s back up.. lol..I just cant stop lol.lol.
Hey would some one tell Leon I still here? PLEASE !!

RiverDave
07-20-2001, 07:43 AM
right...lemme get back to you on that...
AS far as putz being some big time drag racer, I don't know if he is or isn't, but he is a big time pipesmoker. Plus after all that BS I still offered the kid money to see his rig run and still have not heard a yes or no.
RD
I'm over this whole discussion. As far as this not happening at the races, I'm finding that very hard to believe becuase it never happened in here till all these so called "racers" came in here.
I'll catch you guys on the flip side, I'm outta here. (and yes I know it's mispelled B.A.F.)
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited July 20, 2001).]

dragally
07-20-2001, 08:10 AM
HBjet, I run the river up around the sand bar. I was hangin with a friend at the bar when I talked to the dude with the cat. He borrowed my gps and made a few passes and came back with a 108 even on it. He ate my lunch on top but for some reason wouldn't do the quarter mile? :0) Think I know why.
I used to have aHondo V-drive hydro called the Undertaker years ago. Then I went to a Sanger hydro. I finally went back to eggbeaters because of the lower cost of mph to speed ratio. There is a pic of the beater under the ob forum. The yellow and white/ blk STV. If you see me on the river yell and say hi.
Dragally
PS: I dont care what anybody rides, if it fast great if not thats good too.

RiverDave
07-20-2001, 08:46 AM
This is the REAL slow boat from over at Dragboatracing.com It looks like some of you
may have met my crew. We won`t go in to that right now.
Slowboat/RR1/whoever I say we do get into that right now. Why would one of YOUR CREW come in here and pretend to be you? From the impression that I'm getting it sounds like "your crew" looks up to you so much that they go around pretending to be you, then when people ask them a few questions about things they said, they go running off to the "REAL SLOWBOAT" to handle there problems. The fact remains that the "fake" slowboat was putting up several ET's vs Mph's that aren't adding up. Now granted I don't know jack about drag boat racing but from what I read your buddy sounded like he was full of it. About being the "Worlds Fastest Jet Hydro" at only 10mph check out the ***boat website, there is a picture of a JetHydro that I'm sure runs better then 10mph. (I'm not talking smack on that I'm just letting you know your not alone)
RD

superdave013
07-20-2001, 09:02 AM
Hey, This is some good stuff here. Dimarco Kid, you might want to watch it. Being a hard core v-drive guy myself I have seen blown GAS hydros runnig way over 180mph out here one the left cost. I've also seen blown GAS jets running over 140mph in the deep 7's. And a few pro gas flats are running 150 now. That's just sick but I love it. When I was racing my flat at NJBA I was running in the high 120's @ 8.0's. Lots of jets running that quick or quicker. But not many river jets or flats are doing it. There are some but not many. As far as river racing goes. I would hate to get kicked out of any boat at 120+ at Parker. I moved from a flat to a v hull schiada so I can race the jet guys at 1:00 PM on saturday. I wait for the water to get nasty now. The rougher the better. That's when I feel I have the advantage.
All in all the only thing i don't like abut jets is they (most) spin with a sudden loss of power. So that's why I keep a rudder & whirlaway under me. You just gotta love the accelartaion of a good running jet though.
Why do I come here insted of the v-drive board. Well i go there too but you guys are some much more fun! You guys need to go in there and stir it up a bit too ya know. And one last thing to get you all going some more. After owning 3 flats and the schiada, I bet I have spanked more jets that you have spanked v-drives. Now put that in you pump and squirt it!! HAHAHAH

RiverDave
07-20-2001, 09:09 AM
Sorry for the double posts guys, but RR1/Slowboat etc...In these little cut and pastes I think you will see your problem is not with Leon, it's with your buddy pretending to be you, then posting things that don't make sense. The first one is just one of the many time's he's pretending to be the "REAL SLOWBOAT."
RD
Slowboat http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gifpretending to be RR1) As I can see it look`s like there are a lot of "Want to be`s" in here...When you show up at a race call my # and I`ll be at the rope looking for you
Slowboat http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gifPretending once again) LEON.. I went from 16.53 @ 65.34mph to 76mph @13.0 last year in my old boat so its not that hard to do
NOW HERE'S THE PART THAT Nobody understands! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/confused.gif
Leon Quoting Slowboat: Son, I really hate to do this to you, but this is a quote from you on June 30, 2001 "You want #`s I just mad a pass Thursday night at about 8:00pm cst 98.65mph for your info that is 10.09sec in the 1/4, ok are you happy? I`m only going to race it at a speed of 80mph-12.0sec"
Then today JULY 11, 2001 YOU SAID THIS "I NEVER SAID THE BOAT WOULD RUN 80 @ 12.0 .....READ.."
Well son I read alright and you aint making no sense. you just said 12 days ago what you said today that you never said.
RR1 - The end result is your friend is a moron. I think if I was you I'd be talking to him about his identity crisis. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Or if it's alright can I be cool like him and go around pretending I'm you then you can come in with "The Worlds Fastest..." whatever and bail me out? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RiverDave.
Anyone, do they let v-drives run at the NJBA?

rivercrazy
07-20-2001, 09:30 AM
Man there is so much HOT AIR in here I think this board is experiencing detonation.....
Most guys willing to invest enough green backs to do 130mph or 140mph in a V-Drive or any other boat for that matter, would do so for the specific purpose of racing.
I would think that arguing over their BS top end speeds on a message board would not be enough to get their rocks off.
Maybe their are measuring their speeds on the metric system aka Kilometers per hour.
As for the Schiada V-Drive, I bet with the money you spent on this boat, that most Jet Drive guys could invest the difference in $$$ in their boats and spank your boat. I'm not offering to throw that kind of buck into my boat and race. Its not important to me. Maybe you should be racing other V-Drive Schiada's instead or compare investment $$$ before you offer to spank other boaters. Anyone knows that a v-drive schiada will spank any stock jet boat or most stock boats for that matter. I guess racing bayliner's isn't that existing anymore...

rivercrazy
07-20-2001, 09:33 AM
Are we having fun yet? All this joking around is pretty fun though...
By the way, that Schiada sounds like a really fun rig

Bad Ass Flat
07-20-2001, 09:42 AM
River Dave you are are on a roll. You still don't know your head from your ass but you are on a roll. It isnt worth $3,000 dollars to see it but you will pay $2000 to see it when before you said you would pay anything to see it. That makes perfect sense Tweaker. Put down the glue and get with the people in here. you talk out your ass more than anyone (even Slowy).Your problem is that you just cant let this deal rest because you have been put to shame by flappin your lips and now you wont stand behind it. How about Needles Tweaker Dave lets do it there. You let your mouth right a check your ass cant cash. "it isnt worth all that money to see you do 137" But I'd pay one or two thousand"

superdave013
07-20-2001, 09:58 AM
rivercrazy,
Well I bought the schiada used and don't have as much in it as you would think. (hey it's a '78 ok) And yes i will race other boats like mine. River racing is fun and I'll race just about anyone just for the fun of it. I'm not saying i'm the fastest guy at the river in any way shape or form. Slower than some and faster than most. na na naa na na

RiverDave
07-20-2001, 10:03 AM
If your referring to when I said "the only reason I'm still willing to bet anything" I'll clarify "anything at all" I figured you had someone with your intelligence and could unterstand what's called tone. But hey if for 1-2K that'll bring you out to the river and show us all a B.A.F. Then bring that bad boy down to the Ultra Regatta as I stated before where EVERYONE will be and we'll see if it does it. Now it's my turn to be a d^ck
You get one pass, if that thing doesn't do what you say you better have a G or 2 for me. I'll be nice though you get to pick the time that you want to run it. Saturday morning good?
RD
One more thing, this better be your boat, not a friend of yours or your dad's. YOURS. Remember bud, One pass regardless of waterconditions, wind etc...

rivercrazy
07-20-2001, 10:13 AM
Make him prove it with a Pink and DL.
SuperDave, I was just goofin.

Erik
07-20-2001, 10:19 AM
This thread is getting long!! We ought to move the discussion over to the set of Jerry Springer & finish it there.
Reading this makes me glad that I don't have a speed hang up. Fast us fun & all but anything over 80 in a little boat starts to get a bit hairy. I don't know who said it but I agree, the truly fast don't need to say that they are. (I'm not)
Dollar for Dollar, nobody has more fun than me! So I win in what really counts. Remember fun? The reason you started doing this in the first place.

Bad Ass Flat
07-20-2001, 11:05 AM
Where the hell is tweaker Dave? The putz is
lonely.....

Bad Ass Flat
07-20-2001, 11:14 AM
RiverDave we will have to talk about this
over a 12pack........

superdave013
07-20-2001, 11:26 AM
rivercrazy, I know you were, i am too.
Erik, your lucky you don't have the speed hang up. I have tried to get it out of my system but just can't. And yes, it tends to cost alot from time to time.
BadAssFlat, cut it out man! Your killing me as I miss the rush of wacking the throttle on my old flattie. You might remember it. Just Plain Nasty, I raced BGF at NJBA. Was not the fastest in the class but I had lots of fun.

RiverDave
07-20-2001, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Bad Ass Flat:
RiverDave we will have to talk about this
over a 12pack........
Sounds better than all of this... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
C'mon out to the Regatta. First rounds on me. Who knows I may even have the swabbies give you a lap dance. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
RD

squirtgun
07-20-2001, 12:33 PM
hey baf Chet how many alias do you have 10 now? ls7 was right TROLL

custom-cruiser
07-20-2001, 12:37 PM
This is some serious entertainment!! My good friend has a Hondo v-drive. When we want to haul ASS we take it out early in the morning and stomp on it,when the chop comes up we park it and jump in my 21' Howard jet (with BBC of course)and crash through the waves,swim,drink beer,and basiclly have a great time no matter what boat were in. The point is there will always be Jet's always be V-drives and always be sh^t talkers so lets try and get long kids!!!

RiverDave
07-20-2001, 01:34 PM
HBjet, R U coming out to the Regatta?
RD

RR1/ 001
07-20-2001, 02:43 PM
Hey River Dave, Leon told the boys to go find me and tell me his little story. So that is what they did and here I am.
Leon the peon posted
posted July 18, 2001
---------------------------------------------
509 he has everyone here crackin up. I made a deal for slowboat on the spankin a v drive topic. You scamper along and tell slowboat about it eat me and die, and come tell peon what he says son.
So I went and looked and what did I find ? well take a look at this post from peon.
I say River Dave takes him up on it. River Dave sounds like hes pretty well heeled himself. What have you got to lose RD? Maybe the guy runs 140 and you lose 5 grand. On the other hand this guy probably goes 110 and you make 25 thou. Make it all official like and ya'll may even get a surprise visit from ol Leon. i'll make another deal. If Slowboat can break 100 i'll give 1000 for every mile per hour over. If not he gives Leon 1000 for every mile per hour under. Eat me and die...you scamper along and tell him and see what he says.
River Dave are you Leon????
I just want to know where peon is I will take him up on his bet.
Ok here we go 1 more time
(((((((((HEY LEON))))))))))))) I`m here !!!!

LS7
07-20-2001, 02:53 PM
troll

RIVRHED
07-20-2001, 06:34 PM
OK, NOW Im really confused too. I must retract all of my statements about BAF, I dont think it is who I thought it was??????
Does that make any sense??
But I still stand behind a v-drive being much faster in the 1/4 than a jet with the same power.
The mph record (IHBA)for an open flat PGF is 149 mph, held by Jeff Martin and the Flat Nasty crew. It is backed up and legit.
Slow boat, did you wear a crash helmet and ride the short bus to school when you were a kid?

rstover1
07-20-2001, 08:27 PM
O.k. here it is slow boat I will be at the okc races watching not runing I will be your witness on what you run and leon can then pay what he owes. I am from okc and I will be fair in letting everyone know what you run. Then the point will be proven either way it goes

smash
07-20-2001, 10:45 PM
So do you clowns consider the Salmon or the Smokey a river? or does your river resemble a lake?
Can any of your tupper-ware (plastic) boats even handle a real river. I wish my little recycled beer can could run 135 maybe 137 but I know it can't, it can do a two way average(up river and down river) of over 80 but I'm not a flat bottom god like M.R. Bad Ass, B.T.W. can your flat run for more than 15 seconds all out? how about an hour? I have never seen a real bad ass flat actually run for a whole day. Face it M.R. bad ass you are a ---PUTZ---

RR1/ 001
07-21-2001, 07:47 AM
RSTOVER 1 come by our pit`s and have a beer on me. We will Not be running the 100 + pass if leon don`t put up some money. The JET-A-WAY is about $1000.00 The race is going to cost us a $1000.00 so I`m not just going to burn $2000.00 just to prove a point to these CFW boys on this forum.We are not going to just put it on and make a pass that I can make at the lake for free. If he wants to put up the money for the bet I will make the 100mph + pass. This is the last weekend that I will have free to put the JET-A-WAY on so if he wants to do this he needs to let us know. Just to keep his cost down I would make the pass for $5000.00 he realy dont need to pay a $1000.00 per mph over 100mph. If he was to pay the $1000.00 per mph over 100mph it could cost him a lot of money real fast.
RSTOVER 1 do you have a boat? if so How about we go to Lake Dirty Bird after the race on saturday then you could tell these boys how fast my boat is.? Last year I went out there just to pick on those lake boats. We had a blast.They see a race boat at the races and say hell my boat can run that fast then you show up at their lake and blow them a way, its fun.

rstover1
07-21-2001, 09:21 AM
yeah I got a condor tx that I just bought from hi-tech performance I go to dirty bird alot Id love to go out and kill some beer cans let me know Ill look for you at the races.

RR1/ 001
07-21-2001, 09:28 AM
Is it the RED & WHITE one with the blower on top? I`m going to the lake to play so We will see you at OK city.

rstover1
07-21-2001, 09:48 AM
no I got the red and silver one with the new interior anyway I'll be around the races and dirty bird sat and sun I'll look for you

Bad Ass Flat
07-21-2001, 04:38 PM
RiverDave
When is the regatta? Maybe I should bring a
Keg instead of a 12 pack.....

HYDROMOBILE
07-21-2001, 05:18 PM
I'll race you I have a sanger hydro with a 468 olds, blue printed panther with diverter, with nos, runs about 100mph,lookin for slow boat, dominators are slow, Mobile

jimmmyb
07-21-2001, 06:55 PM
first off let me say i am not a racer, but i do have a good freind that raced in bfj for 15 years. ihba. i love jet boats butttt.
come on what is the world speed record 1/4 mile for a jet boat these days. no matter how much hp you got if you can't transfer it it don't matter look at the top fuel hydros
now there, taking it to a new level with the twin screws. maybe some one should come up with the twin pumps, i don't know,
but if you look back 10 years at the world speed record 1/4 mile, jet boats they are advanceing but arn't close to 220 mph yet i am not a racer nor a mech, just observation or my 2cents worth. jimmmyb

daboot
07-22-2001, 07:04 AM
Hey guys,
just wanted to put my .02 in the game. I wanted to respond to Spectras only comment on the g.p.s being 1/10th of a mph off. The Military Govt. updated all satalite uplinks from g.p.s.'s Just to let you know, THERE'RE DEAD ON THE MONEY GUYS. No delay on that 1/10th anymore, They shut the satalite system down last Aug. I think it was for a wk. and did the update.I know were not bracket racers on the lakes and rivers. but if you want to be in the 100 mph club and your going 99.99 mph, Guess what my friend, YOUR DA MAN NOW DOG !!!

Wicky
07-22-2001, 09:22 AM
Big Block spanking party where it will all be
settled. Havasu-Oct. 6,7,8 2001.
Speed Alley @1:00 daily. Radar guns should
be present. It will all be settled if those
who say what they mean, mean what they say.
Personally, I have one of those funny clamp
on boats that smell so great. Mmmmmmmm.
I love the smell of 2-stroke oil in the morning!!! The deal is you must get to speed
alley under your own power. This will be lake racing. No ropes to hold on to. If you
would like to bet on your race may I suggest we create a "fundraiser" for the IN N OUT childrens foundation. Say, maybe $50 and you get a bithcin "I spanked something shirt" and
the money gets donated to the cause minus t-shirt cost. What do you guys think?
Step up to the plate and let's make it happen. This will be the 3rd Big Block Spanking party we have thrown. So far, we "eggbeaters" haven't been beat yet!!
This is an invitation for fun more than anything else so, come on out and have a raging river experience. You can email me at eatsushi@mindspring.com if you have any constructive criticism. Look forward to spanking most of you!!
Hey jusjetting, where in Idaho do you go boating. I now live in Idaho. Email me.
Always looking for fast boats to boat with even if it's a squirt boat!!hehe
Wicky

RiverDave2
07-22-2001, 09:32 PM
B.A.F. Aug 3rd-5th. In parker at the bluewater casino. I think a Cooler instead of a Keg will work out nicely.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
RD

Wicky
07-22-2001, 09:48 PM
So does this mean you cant make the Oct date.
I live nearly 1000 miles away and unfortunately can only make it to Havasu twice a year from Boise ID. I will count on your perseverence to make it at the BBSP#3. Dude,
if you have a fast awesome boat what better place to show it off than that weekend. If it is running stellar you might just spank some outboards. I highly doubt this will occur though. I have a slow boat but still can spank most big blocks. Isn't that sad. 153 CU of mercpower. Lil ol 2.5 litre. A fishing motor.
Once again Oct 5,6,7 in speed alley @ Havasu
Lets have some fun. I heard breathing 2-stroke fumes give you a buzz.
I wouldn't know.
Goodnight,
Wicky

Bad Ass Flat
07-23-2001, 10:38 AM
I was just reading the my new Dragboat review and I looked at the records. It says flat nasty is the mph record holder at 142mph not 149. That is still real fast though.

Joker
07-23-2001, 03:27 PM
I can't beleive things are that boring in the outdrive forum that you "wanna be's" are in here bugging the fun loving big block river worshippers. I for one would be happy to race any one of you clowns in the river of my choice for pinks if you prefer...There is not one of you eggbeaters that will make it 50 feet before the tears start because your PWC on steroids has just been ripped in half. It all comes down to a choice...you made yours now get back on your own forum...or is there no one to talk to there??

Wicky
07-23-2001, 03:49 PM
Are you stupid Joker or can you not read?
Big Block spanking party where it will all be
settled. Havasu-Oct. 6,7,8 2001. Speed Alley @1:00 daily. Radar guns should be present. It will all be settled if those
who say what they mean, mean what they say. I'm sure I can find a race even for you Joker!! Have you ever been wacked by an eggbeater? You appear to have a personal indifference with them. Why is this? Tell me about your mother?
Wicky

RiverDave
07-23-2001, 03:52 PM
Joker, PWC's are jets the last time I checked. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif I'm not talking trash, I just don't understand the analogy.
RD

Joker
07-23-2001, 03:55 PM
Must be stupid I guess...but it sure seems to me that you are all for this racin stuff as long as it under the conditions needed to make your PWC go fast...Thought you might be up for a real challenge but I guess your eggs already been beaten. My Mother...I guess your interested cause you grew on the hot side of a rock and just never got much conversation growin up....Did ya?

Joker
07-23-2001, 04:02 PM
You are right RD but I think Wacky got the analogy he seems to be a drive fast totally unaware full of shit kind a guy. I am not talkin trash either I am just sick of this guys mouth....

RiverDave
07-23-2001, 04:06 PM
I think he's just playing around. I'd ask him how many props he owns for different applications? Waterskiing is a four blade, all around is a 3 blade, quick is a cleaver, sounds like a lot of work just to go out on the water. I personally have an I/O and have much respect for Jets as well as eggbeaters, but I gotta admit they make a god awful weedwaker sound when they go by. Not exactly what I would call a "rumble in the jungle" more like a hopped up RC Car.
RD

Wicky
07-23-2001, 04:11 PM
Damn, if your reaction time is as good at the light as it is at this board Joker, you'll whip my ass everytime.
Where are you posting from.
You see us eggbeaters keep throwing these parties and no big blocks that say they will show up never do show up. Were just trying to make the party better. How can we do this? Well, by actually having some big blocks show up. Havasu has a rich history of big blocks but yet when they say they want to spank some stinkin 2-stroke they can't make the program happen. Come on out and play.
You are welcome to bet on yourself but we would like to send the proceeds to the In n Out childrens fund. It would be great if we actually had everyone who said they would show up just show up.
We will see,
Wicky

Wicky
07-23-2001, 04:14 PM
Spank Spank Spank!!!!

RiverDave
07-23-2001, 04:20 PM
Wicky, have you ever noticed that the fastest boats in any category on not eggbeaters? hhhhmmmm, I'm going to ponder that one for a minute.. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif I'm just kidding, I go to havasu often and I'll see if I can round up some big blocks for the party, just so long as it's a good cause. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif I think you should do something more like an Operation 6 coolers cause though. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif just my take on it.
RD

Wicky
07-23-2001, 04:21 PM
Tired of my mouth?
Show up in Oct. Race. Shut me up!! Or maybe not. Hmmmmmmmm.
I think I'll use the drag prop for this occasion. I'll need all the help I can get.
Seeyaattheriver,
Wicky

Wicky
07-23-2001, 04:24 PM
Alright,
If you think you can beat my twin 125 Force motors I will egg you on. Spread the word tellum Wicky has twin Chryslers and lets all
watch the chicks get naked!!

RiverDave
07-23-2001, 04:30 PM
Now your getting into the spirit of a big block! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif Eggbeaters just ain't doin it. It's all about "good vibrations"
RD

Wicky
07-23-2001, 04:44 PM
Excellent,
Now that we are on the same wavelength,
what do ya think? Can we count on at least on big block showing up or is it going to be an omlette kind of weekend?

Bubbledeck
07-23-2001, 05:17 PM
I've just never gotten used to the idea of making a motor burn oil on purpose .. something unatural there

Wicky
07-23-2001, 05:25 PM
hey bubbledeck,
What did the big Mercury say to the little mercury?
your too young to smoke!!hahahahahaha
I know pretty lame but I had to say it!!
Take care,
Wicky

Bubbledeck
07-23-2001, 05:49 PM
Wicky it sounds like a worthy cause to me and I hope you make a lot of $$$ for it. I don't have a race boat, but if you were throwing the party a week earlier I'd see you there :-)
Best of luck on your fund raiser!

Wicky
07-23-2001, 05:59 PM
Bubbledeck,
Thanks for the good words. Too bad you can't make it. The more the marrier!! You never know, you could change your mind.
Wicky

RR1/ 001
07-23-2001, 07:23 PM
I just told the wife I would like to go out there and see what the puss is all about with these bad ass hot boats on this forum. I dont know if we can make it but we will see what we can do. That is a long way`s for us to go with no chance for pay out but we will see. If we come out there is there a place to stay ( Motels ) or do we need to bring the big trailer? I`m not saying that we will make it, but we will try!
P.S. Eggbeaters don`t get to up set my boat only runs 75 mph ..lol..

Leon
07-23-2001, 08:44 PM
BOW DOWN TO THE KING RIVER DAVE. Your message to mr r1001 on July 20 is right on! Leon is the LEAST of this boys problems.
Now as to where I have been THE ONE AND ONLY SLOWBOAT asked(there aint no crew people it's you and you alone.I cant believe you think people buy your Mr. Racer crap)
I got one of my real close kin that is passing on from cancer and had to do a 17 hour road trip each way to be there to cover some legal issues while he is able. So my sincere apology SLOWBOAT that I was not here to entertain you and play along with your stupid little crew story. I will gladly do the money thing but lets get something straight first son. Now you need me to finance you in this 100 mph deal. Son come on you trying to act like you was Craig Arfons here or something trying to break the water speed record. Its getting damn ridiculous. You said this on the Berkley vs. Dominator topic:
June 15th, 2001
"We have had it in the 13`s Sec and in the 12`s Sec. This race I want it in the 11`s Sec or the 10`s Sec. By the end of the year it should be in the 9.0`s."
By my count this will be your third race this year. You was supposed to be in the 10 second range anyhow by now. Why do yall need Leons bet to make the boat do what you said you was gonna do anyhow???
Near as I can tell you never had it in the 12 seconds yet. You done said you went 13+ seconds. You running way behind schedule son. I will gladly stand behind what I said but you go run like you was gonna do anyhow, and when we can read it in a magazine or on the internet that you done gone 100 mph then we will talk about $$$. Now yall are going around acting like you will stay running 13 seconds at 75 miles per hour all year unless Leon Peon coffs up the money for you and this Craig Arfons imitation. I forgot ITS A POINTS THING----BUT YOU KNEW THAT RIGHT?STICK TO YOUR PLAN. You done already lied and said you went 98 mph:::::These are your words son "I just mad a pass Thursday night at about 8:00pm cst 98.65mph for your info that is 10.09sec in the 1/4.
For everyone elses info what Leon thinks you did is get a radar gun, go 1 mile to get that turd wide open and record the speed of 98.65 mph, then went home looked in a magazine and found a boat that went 98 mph and 10.09 second and applied that to your boat. What you don't know about drag racing so is Gary Scelzi could run a 6 second run at 98 mph depending on where he clicks the thing off. Aint nobody here buying your bull-corn yet boy-----keep trying.

Leon
07-23-2001, 08:49 PM
You sure you dont need my money for new carpet in that bad boy???

EDROE
07-23-2001, 09:10 PM
Hey Wicky, you gonna serve up some bacon and toast with all those scrambled eggs?

RR1/ 001
07-23-2001, 09:27 PM
DEAR Leon the Peon I have not one thing to prove to a P.O.S. like you. When you get the money $$$$$ look me up, tell then shut up dip shit. Oh yea GET a Boat! End of the story................... Sorry to here about your bad deal with the cancer thing . I realy mean that! I would never wish that on any one.. even you .
If you would like to go to a real boat race let me know, I will get you a pit pass then you might under stand a little better.It`s not like the cars DAD.I know I run them too!!!
Hey what was the fastest TFD pass this year and who did it ??? Where was it at ??? You should know that one if you are the big drag daddy O that you say you ARE????

rstover1
07-23-2001, 09:43 PM
slowboat will you be at dirty bird that sunday my neices birthday party is sat afternoon but I'll be at the races that morning I can try to make it to dirty sat evening we'll see what happens. I'll be at dirty all day sunday hope its not to rough everyone wants to go race thier lake boats after they watch the drags. I just like beer and cruisin.
[This message has been edited by rstover1 (edited July 23, 2001).]

RR1/ 001
07-23-2001, 10:17 PM
I won`t be there on sunday, I have a long drive back home after the race. We hope to get there some time Friday so look us up. We can kill some beer cans and talk crap..lol..I hope the race is over early on Saturday so I can go play at dirty bird.

HavasuBarney
07-23-2001, 10:29 PM
Slow eggbeaters, loud big blocks, River dave and his little record book, come on....
Yes the 1000 hp top fuel drag boats have the records on the track, in the lights, but very few of you are there.
Fast lake boats, outboards own that show or do they, anyone wanna see for sure?
I'll bring straws and umbrellas and mix drinks afterward....grrrrrrrrr

RiverDave
07-24-2001, 07:42 AM
What record book?? http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/confused31.gif
You lost me bud, but whatever as long as it's in good fun right?
RD

Leon
07-24-2001, 07:52 AM
Slowboat, you still aint addressing the issues at hand. All we want you to do is stick to the plan. Remember?? "At the next race i want to be in the 10s and by the end of the year the 9s"?? You still aint making no sense son and everyone here sees it but you. thats OK, we getting used to it by now. As for the dragster pass, kenny ran a 4.47 and I think it was at Houston. At the same race dunn run a 331 as did Kenny but i think the 4.47 pass was at 329 mph. If I really wanted to PROVE it I could search through this here pile of DRAGSTER magazines but it aint worth my time. The number is right I may be a race or two off with the track where it happened. I could have been at St Louis. Don't really matter though. You are the big boat race man why can you go 98 mph on a Thursday night, but you can only go 75 at the track? I think that radar gun needs a tune up son.

HBjet
07-24-2001, 08:37 AM
http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy07.gif
I just wanted to be on the 5th page.
HBjet http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy19.gif
[This message has been edited by HBjet (edited July 24, 2001).]

RiverDave
07-24-2001, 09:06 AM
I'm still wondering what happened to the fake slowboat? Did he get his impersonation privelages taken away?? Or perhaps kicked out of the United Slowboat Fan Club?? I could personally careless how fast the Jet Hydro is, I wanna know where to sign up for the fan club! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
RD

RR1/ 001
07-24-2001, 09:16 AM
I will give you a C+ for that one you are right it was 331 but the last one was at Hartland park Topeka Kansas. yes it was Dunn, right man wrong place.
Like I said "when a P.O.S like you can come up with the money they say they can Look Me UP"!
((((((I told you I will Take your bet))))))
What more do you want? I will say it one more time
((((((((I will Take Your Bet)))))))))
Did you here me that time? If not
((((((( I WILL TAKE YOUR BET )))))))))
It`s your bet and (((I))) said ((I)) will take your bet. What more is there to say? don`t you have school soon? Let`s see you must be in about 6th grade or maybe only 5th Hell I dont know but (((((((I will Take your BET)))) So go ask your Daddy for the money Tell then Puck OFF Daddy O ..

RR1/ 001
07-24-2001, 09:19 AM
RD they said they would stop because it was just a pay back for what I did to them.

RiverDave
07-24-2001, 09:30 AM
Well tell em to come back!! I think Leon has a bet with one of them!! He made that bet with the other guy (which we haven't heard from lately) tell eatme and die and slowboat to come back!! We miss them... I know I do! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
RD

Leon
07-24-2001, 10:25 AM
Yes River Dave you are exactly right. I offered the bet with Slowboat 001, not eat me and die or RR1001. Too bad Slowboat is a fake guy who doesen't even have a boat, just a lowly crewman on a 75mph 13+ second rig. How come the crewman fake guy run away from all of the contradictions he made before RR1001? im impressed that there is a crew for the 13 second 75 mph team. There must be a pump specialist (dominator of course). A cylinder head guy, bottom end guy etc. but what in the world happened to the camshaft expert? he let you down when he didn't discover the 3 bad lobes. I think after all of the fooling around pretending to be the legendary you, and the poor workmanship of this team you should fire everyone of them. You are quite a pal to take the heat for the bet that these bonehead crew guys made for you. When 100 mph happens at the next race, I'll mail you a check even though we never made a deal, I MADE IT WITH E.M.A.D. AND SLOWBOAT 001. We want to read about it though. When it doesnt happen, you don't owe me a thing. Better go get that blow off valve now so you can stick to your original plan. you was supposed to be 11 or 10 seconds at the last race. Follow the plan son follow your plan.

HBjet
07-24-2001, 11:59 AM
Hey, I have a crew for my 75mph boat. My girlfriend can hold the boat above the trailer like no other when pulling the boat out of the water. Perfect everytime. She even noticed when the trailer bunks needed to be replaced, now thats beyond the call of duty. She also picks the music selection when we are floating (between heats) or when were at the sandbar (the pits) having a few beers, and wondering why I don't need to work on my kick ass 75 mph boat which isn't using an Aggressor bowl. My next trip to the river, I'm going to install an fiberglass scoop on my carbs. Having the air intake 9 inches higher then my Dooley scoop is going to give me another 20 mph. That's when the weather is perfect and going down river. Right?
HBjet http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/happy19.gif

RiverDave
07-24-2001, 12:05 PM
HbJet, R U coming to Operation 6 coolers or what? Don't leave me hangin, there's definately going to be some pictures worth taking as well as throwin up on the site. Aug 3rd-5th lemme know. I might see you out there this weekend as well.
RD
Also put your website on your profile, I lost the address and I can't find it again. Either that or drop me an e-mail.
[This message has been edited by RiverDave (edited July 24, 2001).]

Jetboatguru
07-24-2001, 12:55 PM
Barney, I was sitting out on the rop one ay with one of the guys that runs an outboard in IHBA. I think his name is Lamar Shaw. I asked him if he knew who you were. He just shook his head in disgust and laughed. He said That you are the biggest dweeb he has ever met Nuff Said. Slow Boat, you have made quite a name for yourself son. I cannot imagine how you can even rear your ugly head in here. The facts are this: You have been caught using two other names. You think are fooling people but you are not. Your boat has shag carpet in it. You tow an enclosed trailer around and then tow your boat behind that. You have contradicted yourself numerous times and still keep trying to not blow your cover. The sheer enjoyment of watching you flounder in here is worth it. I will give you this, you have brought enjoyment to all who read this. People love to watch an idiot wallow in his own stupidity.

RR1/ 001
07-24-2001, 01:00 PM
Leon when you show up with $5000.00 in CASH not a check I will make the pass.Checks can be stoped or you just might not have that kind of money,I dont know you and you dont know me so it needs to be CASH ONLY.
I will talk to Steve Froese he is the Race Director and runs the timing equipment about the pass and if he say`s it`s a go, be there with the CASH and I will make the pass.We will let CSDBA hold your money so we know we have a deal, if you cant make it to the race. All you have to do is send them the money. I can give you the address. Will that work for you?
After all you did post "When 100 mph happens at the next race, I'll mail you a check"
And that one was to RR1/ 001 look at your last post. So do we have a deal?

Jetboatguru
07-24-2001, 01:13 PM
Slowboat to call you the village idiot would be a disgrace to all the village idiots out there. You take redneck to another level. Bring your pile of turkey dump you call a boat to phoenix for the world finals and show us all exactly how BAD your boat isn't. I'll bring my Bissell to clean the shag and I'll bring a calender to time you in the 1/4 mile. It's time for you to shut up since you sure as hell can't put up.

Leon
07-24-2001, 01:14 PM
Son, look....I know what I said. It was really intended to get you to come back on here and answer the questions that "your crew" never addressed. You, them, all yall, whoever has been stepping all over all yalls own weeners trying to wriggle out of your contradictions. When you answer all of those questions about your monkey business, we'll talk about giving you some money when you run 100. It will never happen though because that boat can't do it. And if it can run 100 BFD you was supposed to do that last race. Your are behind on your own schedule,Thats why nobody believes it can because you didn't. Fire that camshaft guy while you are at it too son and invite all of the RR1001 imposters to come back and help you swim in all of the dukey they created.

RiverDave
07-24-2001, 01:38 PM
And I thought my little disagreement with B.A.F was bad.. Hey B.A.F, ya wanna go get a beer? Next to these guys we're the hardy boys!
SlowBoat, I sure hope your boat will do what you say. BTW what's in this for Leon?? You also said you don't have anything to prove to a POS like him, so I ask why do you keep coming back saying
((((((I'll take your bet)))))))))))
BTW, there's a 70's party out at the river in a few months, can I borrow your boat? Dig the shag bro, much love RD
Leon, leave the poor kid alone...This is gonna end up in tragedy.. Either he's going to be on a bell tower someday realizing that he bought a jet/hydro and figure out why he's the only one (for that split second of clarity before he starts shooting) or he's gonna kill himself making that boat try to do 100.
Life just ain't fair.... Slowboat you got ripped by whoever sold you the boat...Just come to grips with that and move on. Don't get all pissy in here about it. Are eat me and die or the fake slowboat ever coming back?? I think I liked them better. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
RD

Leon
07-24-2001, 02:04 PM
I liked them better too RD. They made it more interesting and fun around here. The big boss man the REAL rr1001 is a drag. PUT THE GUN DOWN SON!!!! DO NOT SHOOT!!!! GET DOWN FROM THE BELL TOWER!!! Im sorry you got ripped off son. Leon is not gonna post no more on this topic as it has become clear that the contradictions have backed the entire "crew" into a corner that they can't get out of.

RR1/ 001
07-24-2001, 04:09 PM
Ok leon see you later. It was fun!! RD Where is that shag? I looked and I cant find any shag in my boat.
I think I`m with Leon see me later.
OH yea I`ll tell the boys that you all miss them and want them back on. I dont know if they will come back because they dont do things you ask them to do, they only do things that you ask them NOT to do!

RiverDave2
07-24-2001, 04:50 PM
RR1, I was just kidding about the shag bud. God dam man lighten up! Everything in life need not be taken seriously.. Even me! You don't know me from a hole in the ground, I'm just some text with personallity. For example I bet you never would've guessed that I'm actually 24. (I just learned at a young age to see through the BS) You'd never make it in Cali, son.
RD

RR1/ 001
07-24-2001, 05:05 PM
River Dave or is it River Dave 2 or is it Leon hell it dont matter I knew it was you all a long (SON). ..lol.. What a give a way..lol..any way Like I said I had fun see me later ,maybe at your river, you never know where I might show up next.

RiverDave2
07-24-2001, 07:33 PM
RR1, drop me an e-mail I'd like to tell you something "off the board."
RD
By the way Leon and I are not the same person.
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited July 24, 2001).]

HavasuBarney
07-24-2001, 11:11 PM
Jetboatguru, so the first person you ask about me, knows who I am and has an opinion, but I'm the dweeb. What's a dweeb?
Did we race?!?, did I make you look bad again?!? What happened son, did I spank you too hard??!?
Nothing personal guru, hehe, you call yourself guru, lol, oh my......go to the mountain, meditate, talk less, http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

JET BUG
07-25-2001, 07:30 AM
hey guys always remember "an opinion is like an asshole, everybody has one".Well some fellows have 2 the other being the one about themselves.
Life is short dont blow a gasket,all boats are sweet,i just prefer one that sucks and blows
cheers
J.B

Jetboatguru
07-25-2001, 09:17 AM
Barney, Lamar even told me your name but I forgot it. He just tisked at your name and shook his head in disgust. He said you were nothing more than another slow boat with a bucket for a mouth. He had no axe to grind with you. Just that you were quite a loser that talks way too much. After reading you in here, I have to give a resounding "I AGREE" ((((((((Slowy, come back)))))))) Dont go away mad. See what you done gone and did Leon.

SCOTT
08-07-2001, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Dimarco Kid:
Here we goe boys! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif
I have to put my FRIENDLY two cents in. I've had alot of jets and v-drives. First thing is that jet have a very big advantage, it's called rewind! Miss that one bad, to be totally honest, I miss my jet boat in general. What my number one goal and always will be number one is hauling ass! I'm not downing anyone here, but when your running or want to run numbers like 100+, I will argue till the day I die that a v-drive is the way to go. Proof is, my 468 with NOS made 820 horse on juice, in a tunnel jet it would run 92 on the clocks. Same motor, in a flattie 101 also on clocks. Same E.T. (within 3 hundreths) but the flattie would run away, and baby you could feel it! Same motor, in current boat a drag hydro went 8.27 @127mph. I also realize you can't honestly compare a hydro to any type of jet hull. As far as money goes, to go the same speed you will definatley have more in a jet, no questions asked, done it, won't do it again! Another thing I like, is you jet guys haven't changed gears lately have you! That quite a luxury in itself. Not that I ever needed to change gears to eat a jet! See, I always have to be an a++hole at the end of my post. I can't figure out why I have to do that! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif Love ya guys!
Dimarco Kid
A127 M.P.H. JET BOAT WILL RUN IN THE 7'S!

08-07-2001, 07:26 PM
.....your point is.....?

Slow Boat 001
08-07-2001, 09:33 PM
You people on this forum are so full of it! you think you know it all with your SPEED vs MPH crap.
OK here is one for ya:::
A 10.0 boat went 10.09 at a mph of 87 Why??
A TFH went 198 mph at 16.350 why??
I can tell you why.
the TFH lost fire on the line and he broke the beam then it refired and that was his time !!!
The 10.09 boat was sand bagging and had to let off or he would have broke out !!!
Some boats are faster out of the hole and some are faster on the big end, some are faster in the middle of the track.
If the boat is faster on the big end you should have a faster MPH but you have got to keep it in the bracket class you run it in.
Most jets start to top out at the 1/8 they have a better hole shot than the prop boats. Most props make better MPH in the same bracket class as a jet boat but if you look the jet has the same ET but a slower MPH. But If you look at the 1/8 the jet has a better MPH.
You can have 2 boats at 127mph ( One Jet, one V-Drive) the times wont be the same !!
You people spend to much time looking for some one to jack with. If you had a fast boat or did any kind of drag racing you would know all about the SPEED vs MPH thing.
[This message has been edited by Slow Boat 001 (edited August 07, 2001).]

rstover1
08-07-2001, 09:37 PM
Slow boat were ya been I looked everywere for you at the races sat. I really wanted to meet you something came up and I couldnt make it to dirty bird.

Slow Boat 001
08-07-2001, 09:57 PM
We didnt make it to the race. I left a post on www.worldsfastestdragboats.com (http://www.worldsfastestdragboats.com) things havent been good here in about 3 weeks or so . we might be done with racing this year . I hope not but We just dont know at this point.

BLOWNDRAGBOAT
08-08-2001, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Rivertoys_com:
I didn't know eliminator ever made a v-drive hull http://www.goldenplasma.f2s.com/forum/smilies/confused13.gif
They made like 9 or 10 19 ft models which are very rare but they didn't produce anymore after that. In fact ***boat had a ***boat of the bonth that was one of the LOST 9 or 10 but according to John West @ Eliminator, they were very light race layups. They were like 400 pounds or something like that out of the molds. I dought the one this other guy is talking about is one of them. John told me they NEVER made any 20ft v-drive models but who knows. I wanna see a panther pump go 92mph!!!!! Greg Sho says BS!!! Panthers were a lower performance pump designed to move alot of water at a very low rpm...Anything above like 4000rpm and they fall on their face's. IF they were so great than why doesn't anyone race them. I went to the Augusta Nat's and NOBODY had a panther...Wait..I think the rescue barg hada panther!!!!!!

jusjetting
08-09-2001, 11:38 AM
Frankly BLOWING-A-DRAGBOAT I really don't care what you think or don't think about a panther or the MPH's!!!!!!!!!! And secondly you can pound sand up your ass!!!!!!!!!! If you where a true Drag boat racer, you and the other losers that write your negitive bull on here. wouldn't judge the unknow. just because you don't have one that makes it bad? Disaproving is great but attacking a guy not knowing anything about me or my boat proves to me that you and the others are truly losers!!!!!!!!!!! I have read every post and never said a word. Sorry that everyone else has to read this. Later LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!

mikey
08-30-2001, 04:10 PM
John told me they NEVER made any 20ft v-drive models but who knows.
I don't know who John West is, But Eliminator did make 20 Sport Cruiser V-drives. They also made V-drives in the old 21' 2-step cruiser, 19 Mini Cruiser, 21' Monaco and 21' Mojave, 19',21' & 23' Daytona and others! There is even a 236 Eagle step bottom (about a 97 model) running with a V-drive. Very few of the V-drives were built at the Eliminator Factory. Most of the early ones were built by Bob Connolly of Connolly Boats that was located in Costa Mesa. A 19 Daytona V-drive is rare (most being jet or O/B);But, if you wanted one, Eliminator would build you a hull. You would have to find someone else to rig it for you. In fact no one in the shop today ( besides me http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif ) would even know where to start. All boats today are I/O with maybe 4or 5 jets a year.
Mike

ULTRA28
08-30-2001, 04:43 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I have never worked at Eliminator, nor do I know anything about the old v- drives they used to make, maybe they have someone there named John West, but I think that somebody got some bad information.

Clutch
08-30-2001, 06:25 PM
WOW, 5 pgs. Well if your float'in your boat'in and unless your Donald Truimp someone will beat you w/ a jet or v- drive there is ALWAYS someone faster, it's been that way for years, but I get a big kick out of you'll talking back and forth.Keep Boat'in. Clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

triple x tx
08-30-2001, 08:21 PM
I LOVE JETS (OWN A TX-19) BUT I HAVE TO SAY IF I WANTED TO GO REALLY FAST OR BE A "REAL" RACER LIKE SLOWBOAT OR RR001 I WOUL BUY A VDRIVE

hot_rod
08-30-2001, 08:44 PM
?
[This message has been edited by hot_rod (edited August 30, 2001).]

hot_rod
08-30-2001, 08:46 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words....
http://www.bearshobbies.com/hotrods_signature.gif

bajaruner
08-30-2001, 08:47 PM
DAMN all you guys un here crack me up! I have a old avenger (18" jet). The boat runs 88mph clocked on gps, and radar, and 101mph on 50hp shot nos. I don't think i've told anyone that before because it's no big deal! My point? let's do what i do, let's push your barges out into the river girl's, and run. Set up a weekend, leave the shit talking at home on the computer go to the river and see who really run's good! I can guarantee one thing<~~~~~~~~~ Everyone will have the same amount of fun, and all this talk (at least for this group) will be gone because everyone and there boats are at the river.

bajaruner
08-30-2001, 08:47 PM
DAMN all you guys un here crack me up! I have a old avenger (18" jet). The boat runs 88mph clocked on gps, and radar, and 101mph on 50hp shot nos. I don't think i've told anyone that before because it's no big deal! My point? let's do what i do, let's push your barges out into the river girl's, and run. Set up a weekend, leave the shit talking at home on the computer go to the river and see who really run's good! I can guarantee one thing<~~~~~~~~~ Everyone will have the same amount of fun, and all this talk (at least for this group) will be gone because everyone and there boats are at the river.

bajaruner
08-30-2001, 08:48 PM

HavasuBarney
08-30-2001, 08:48 PM
Just felt obligated to hot rod.
Sorry hot rod, he tripled ahead of me, oh well, piss on him.
[This message has been edited by HavasuBarney (edited August 30, 2001).]

bajaruner
08-30-2001, 08:52 PM
DAMN all you guys un here crack me up! I have a old avenger (18" jet). The boat runs 88mph clocked on gps, and radar, and 101mph on 50hp shot nos. I don't think i've told anyone that before because it's no big deal! My point? let's do what i do, let's push your barges out into the river girl's, and run. Set up a weekend, leave the shit talking at home on the computer go to the river and see who really run's good! I can guarantee one thing<~~~~~~~~~ Everyone will have the same amount of fun, and all this talk (at least for this group) will be gone because everyone and there boats are at the river. party on!
[This message has been edited by bajaruner (edited August 30, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by bajaruner (edited August 30, 2001).]

wrightnow
08-30-2001, 09:27 PM
bajaruner come on down, I'm at the river most weekends and I plan to be at lost lake this saturdat night to race. It's all fun and we welcome all comers...see you there

bajaruner
08-30-2001, 09:47 PM
Wrightnow, i'd be glad to sometime, next time i head that way i'll be sure to e-mail you.......thanks.

Hallett of a Dream
08-31-2001, 09:46 PM
Can't we all just get along????

riverlover
09-01-2001, 01:21 AM
A lot of penis measuring goin on in here. I think it would be a nice thing to have a faster boat (for my OWN pleasure) but, I am not rolling around in the cash it takes. Sometimes I wonder "What the hell do some of these guys do for a living to afford these rigs?". Jet, Vdrive, o/d, beater, flatty, or hydro, what does it really matter. I'm cool with everyone at the river (and some show up with zodiacs). I enjoy looking at all the killer rigs and sharing some bullets. So dollar for dollar, I'm glad to even have a boat. ROcK oN..
RL
Dollar for dollar, I want more poon than ponies http://www1.eboard.com/eboard/boards/10/77/69/***boatForum/att-420439/thongs.jpg
[This message has been edited by riverlover (edited September 01, 2001).]

beached1
09-01-2001, 01:53 PM
Amen.