PDA

View Full Version : Blind faith

Tom Brown
12-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Passengers on a plane are waiting for the flight to leave. The entrance
opens, and two men walk up the aisle, dressed in pilot uniforms. Both
are wearing dark glasses. One is using a seeing-eye dog, and the other
is tapping his way up the aisle with a cane.
Nervous laughter spreads through the cabin, but the men enter the
cockpit, the door closes, and the engines start. The passengers begin
glancing nervously, searching for some sign that this is just a little
practical joke. None is forthcoming.
The plane moves faster and faster down the runway, people at the windows realize that they're headed straight for the water at the edge of the airport.
As it begins to look as though the plane will never take off and that it
will plow into the water, screams of panic fill the cabin.
At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. Up in the
cockpit, the co-pilot turns to the pilot and says, "You know, Bob, one
of these days, they're going to scream too late, and we're all gonna die."

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 12:38 PM
well now, I guess thats one way to fly blind huh? :squiggle:

Her454
12-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks Tom, but why is it when Im getting ready to get on a plane there are always pics of the wing or engine falling off.....loose bolts.....cracks in runway...and now ......blind pilots! :):)

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Thanks Tom, but why is it when Im getting ready to get on a plane there are always pics of the wing or engine falling off.....loose bolts.....cracks in runway...and now ......blind pilots! :):)
ahh don't worry about him darlin...just smile (unless your piolet shows up with dark glasses and a walking stick)

Her454
12-09-2004, 01:09 PM
ahh don't worry about him darlin...just smile (unless your piolet shows up with dark glasses and a walking stick)
I damn sure dont want any PIOLET flying my freaking plane either :D ! :2purples:

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 01:28 PM
I damn sure dont want any PIOLET flying my freaking plane either :D ! :2purples:
okay okay so the spelling aint so great when I am trying to talk on the phone and type..I try :rolleyes:

BarryMac
12-09-2004, 01:41 PM
okay okay so the spelling aint so great when I am trying to talk on the phone and type..I try :rolleyes:
Well your PIOLET was pretty close to TOILET, I said pretty close...

Her454
12-09-2004, 01:42 PM
Well your PIOLET was pretty close to TOILET, I said pretty close...
Kiss Ass. :yuk: :smile:

BarryMac
12-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Kiss Ass. :yuk: :smile:
What the hell does that mean??? mrsdrmr, am I kissin your ass again???

19cobaltcd
12-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Thanks Tom, but why is it when Im getting ready to get on a plane there are always pics of the wing or engine falling off.....loose bolts.....cracks in runway...and now ......blind pilots!
Today 08:38 PM
Come on now Her454, on a plane your as safe as in your momma's arm's. In my job I design the tooling that builds commercial airplanes, the planes we produce today are the safest they have ever been. The engineering that goes into a plane would boggle the mind of the average flyer. There is nothing about the plane that hasent already been thought of. Relax and have a drink.

Her454
12-09-2004, 01:59 PM
Come on now Her454, Relax and have a drink.
Those are the only words I heard. :D :D

MsDrmr
12-09-2004, 02:48 PM
What the hell does that mean??? mrsdrmr, am I kissin your ass again???
yeah, but you know I love it...dont be jealouse Her454. he'll tire of me soon and move on

Debbolas
12-09-2004, 03:02 PM
"Relax and have a drink" Those are the only words I heard. :D :D
Works for me! :wink:

framer1
12-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Blind fatih equalsl great album. A sixty thing :cry:

Moneypitt
12-09-2004, 06:47 PM
I album, sure! But none of those guys ever amounted to anything......MP

CAHotRodBoy
12-09-2004, 06:51 PM
Blind fatih equalsl great album. A sixty thing :cry:
After being in The Yardbirds and Cream Eric Clapton formed Blind Faith with Steve Winwood. They recorded one album and broke up. Clapton didn't want the fame of a supergroup! He also didn't sing because he didn't think he had a good voice! He next form Derek and the Dominos and then sang in that group recording one of the greatest songs of all time "Layla".

DaveA
12-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks Tom, but why is it when Im getting ready to get on a plane there are always pics of the wing or engine falling off.....loose bolts.....cracks in runway...and now ......blind pilots!
Today 08:38 PM
Come on now Her454, on a plane your as safe as in your momma's arm's. In my job I design the tooling that builds commercial airplanes, the planes we produce today are the safest they have ever been. The engineering that goes into a plane would boggle the mind of the average flyer. There is nothing about the plane that hasent already been thought of. Relax and have a drink.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/176Trimotor-runup-med.jpg
I agree. Have a drink.
And- Welcome Aboard!

Moneypitt
12-09-2004, 11:18 PM
didn't that Baker guy play drums?