PDA

View Full Version : "RACECAR HOTSHOE & WIFE....UPDATE!!"

FRENCHIE
12-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Good morning all.
At 6:50 a.m. this morning Mark called me on my cell and updated me with the following info:
Melissa has now def confirmed two broken legs, arms, ribs.........and newer developments is that she has some internal damage which is the new major concern.although mark was not very specific on this as he was still understandibly upset! He sounded very stressed, tired and disheartened, and again said he has not and will not have too much time in the near future to get online....but to have all of you keep them both in mind and prayers over this holiday season! He will call me from time to time, and the best way to support him will be onine here at HB, rather than phone calls!
i think if you would like to send flowers to desert regional that would be great also.
As for Mark, he has two broken wrists, and a broken shoulder. He explained to me that they were struck head on by either a member or worker for the saboba tribe, who was fleeing from police and drunk! They were in Mellisa's VW Jetta, and the entire engine was pushed into the front seats!!! Mark trully beleives this car saved Melissa's life and made it clear to me that he fully intends to replace the car with another Jetta!!!!!!!!!!!
My wife and Melissa went to the same high school together and as mark mentioned to me, if Nicki were going through this right now...i would also be beside myself!! It kills to see the one you love in so much pain.....and mark's true and only concern is Melissa!!
On a final note...this terrible accident should be a reminder of how precious and fragile life is and for none of us to take things for granted!!!
Mark sends his love and extreme thanx...i will pass on more 411 as he feels able to share and call me!!!...Love to all you guys....Leon aka Frenchie!!! :notam: ;)

Bre
12-10-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the update Frenchie :frown:

THOR
12-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the update Frenchie. Give them my well wishes please.

Mrs.HLB
12-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Our prayers are with you guys. Please keep us posted. We all care and are very worried.
Thoughts & prayers, Mr. & Mrs. HLB

IN2-IN2MX
12-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Oh wow! Thanks for the status report. Poor Mark and Melissa. Where do we send flowers?

rrrr
12-10-2004, 08:20 AM
Wow, this is really a tough one. I will say prayers for them. You folks out there, please support them as best you can. Offer to look after the house and stuff like that. They will need all the help we can give to make it through this.

Parker Dreamin
12-10-2004, 08:23 AM
thanks for the update.....

FRENCHIE
12-10-2004, 08:27 AM
a pic of marks boat..mark in hat, and melissa in back on the dam run:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/981RepnB2.jpg
here is mark in his hat with melissa again:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1917HPIM0539a.jpg
and his beauty melissa!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1917HPIM0384.JPG

Kachina26
12-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks Leon,
All the best wishes to Mark and his Family. Our thoughts and prayers our with you!
Randy

spectratoad
12-10-2004, 08:29 AM
:frown: :frown: We are pullin for a full recovery. I will keep you both in my thoughts. Godspeed.

dicudmore
12-10-2004, 08:34 AM
thanks for the update Leon.....
Mark and Melissa, you're definitely in our thoughts and prayers...

FMluvswater
12-10-2004, 08:35 AM
He has two broken wrists? :supp: and he still managed to get on here and share with us what he's going through. Wow. :cry: I figured he wasn't injured - he never said. They'll both be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they both heal quickly. Hang in there racecar there are lots of people vibing good things to your missus and to you, too. :clover:
Thanks for the update Frenchie.

hot_diggity_dog
12-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the update!
Best wishes for you both.
Glenn

JetBoatRich
12-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the update. My heart goes out to both of them and may they heal quickly. If they need anything let us know.

Big_Gunz_
12-10-2004, 08:38 AM
Thanks for update, our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Mandelon
12-10-2004, 08:40 AM
So frustrating, that stuff like this happens to innocent people. They are going to have pain forever cuz of some drunken idiot. :mad:
Best wishes to em.....

OLDRAT
12-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the update. Lets all hope the Hotshoes' get all this
worked out and not have any long term disabilities :clover:
Wishing them the best......OR

bunny 166
12-10-2004, 08:49 AM
Thank you for the news Frenchie; Mark and Melissa will both be in my thoughts and prayers... :clover: :clover: Hopefully the drunk a-hole is worth a ton o' money to help with all the coming bills... :mad:

LVJAKAZ
12-10-2004, 08:53 AM
Thanks Frenchie, if there is anything I can do please let me know. I live in Yucaipa and thats pretty close to Beaumont.

Roxysnow
12-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Kevin and I will keep them in our thoughts, please keep us updated through the coming weeks and if they need anything at all, hot meals, dogs walks, help with kids, (if they have them?) ect...let us know. We'll be there.
Mila

HOSS
12-10-2004, 09:06 AM
God bless and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
12-10-2004, 09:07 AM
thanks for the update, let me know i want to send them something

jbtrailerjim
12-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the update. I will continue to keep them both in my thoughts and prayers. I wish them both a speedy recovery.

MRS FLYIN VEE
12-10-2004, 09:10 AM
thank you for the update.. I too would like to know where to send something.. ;)

OutCole'd
12-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the update Frenchie.
Give them my best.

Mrs.Racer277
12-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Thanks Frenchie for the update. Please let us know if we can help out. I think they have two little ones and this can not be easy this time of year.
Thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Dia and Sean

MsDrmr
12-10-2004, 09:16 AM
I can't imagine the pain and frusteration. I will continue to pray for them.
Thanks Frechie

welk2party
12-10-2004, 09:22 AM
I will definately keep them in my thoughts and wish the both of them a full recovery. Broken bones can heal, but the internal injuries are serious. I will pray that she comes back from them 100%.

lucky
12-10-2004, 09:23 AM
I can't imagine the pain and frusteration. I will continue to pray for them.
Thanks Frechie me either - will be thinking of them alll day - and i will not tell you how i feel about reservations .

Mrs CP 19
12-10-2004, 09:23 AM
I sent a card to Desert Regional hospital 1150 N Indian canyon dr. Palm Springs CA 92262. Mark & Melissa McGuire. Jill

BarryMac
12-10-2004, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the Update, they are in our thoughts and prayers...

LHC30Victory
12-10-2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the update. Our prayers are with them and our offer to help is a standing one. Don't know them personally, but with those kind of injuries, help will be needed. We are here!
For the info on the Jetta - an important reason why Melissa is doing better than she could be, I have posted the link to the NHTSA's 2004 Jetta crash data. 5 Stars for frontal impact doesn't get any better! (still a fan of big trucks in a crash though :boxed: )
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ncap/cars/2986.html

dimarcobros
12-10-2004, 09:45 AM
WOW!!!! I just got a call from a friend to look at this thread. Mark and Melissa are truely great people with warm hearts and open arms. They took Up4Rvier, myself and two freinds of ours on their boat for the ADR and allowed us to get canned while they took the driving duties. They could not have been nicer people and throughly enjoyed being around them. I am in total shock. My thoughts are with them and I pray for a speedy recovery.
Anything I can do I will happily.
DMB

switchin'addiction
12-10-2004, 09:46 AM
I will pray for a speedy recovery for them both!! God bless.

Jen
12-10-2004, 09:57 AM
I to spoke with Mark today... Melissa can not have flowers she is in the ICU.The Nurse on the unit told me she can only have Balloons for now.

Mrs.Racer277
12-10-2004, 09:58 AM
I to spoke with Mark today... Melissa can not have flowers she is in the ICU.The Nurse on the unit told me she can only have Balloons for now.
Thank you for that update.

H20 Party Starter
12-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Damn fukin Injuns :devil: :yuk:
Best wishes to both Melissa and Mark for a quick recovery. You will be in our thoughts :smile:

Mrs CP 19
12-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Balloons probably cannot be latex either.

Sleek-Jet
12-10-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the update... I'll be keeping them both in my thoughts...

mbrown2
12-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the update...and best wishes to them for full and speedy recovery...dreadful time of year to be laid in a hospital; only glad it was not worse... :chi:

Beautiful Noise
12-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Our Thoughts and Prayers are with them.

Kilrtoy
12-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Instead of flowers , maybe someone could start a colection and give them some money. I think that might help them out a little better

FRENCHIE
12-10-2004, 11:04 AM
thanks for the update, let me know i want to send them something
give you the 411 tonight!!! :cool:

FRENCHIE
12-10-2004, 11:07 AM
try this for cards and balloons for now!!! I will bea talking to mark again over the weekend!!! :cool:
Desert Regional hospital 1150 N Indian canyon dr. Palm Springs CA 92262. Mark & Melissa McGuire.

dicudmore
12-10-2004, 11:33 AM
give you the 411 tonight!!! :cool:
keep us up to date with the info bro :cool:

Jen
12-10-2004, 12:19 PM
I am going to see Mark and Melissa at the hospital this afternoon, leaving Havasu @ 2:00 I will print this thread and take it with me so Mark can read it.
Just got news Melissa was taken off the ventalator (sp?) a short while ago, and is able to speak now!! Good news.
You guys are all so caring, I am sure your well wishes will Help!! Thanks!
I will post an update after I see them.

jdogginla
12-10-2004, 12:31 PM
It would be e-z enough to set up a fund at a local bank for them. Flowers are nice, but it may be better to send a card and a donation if we can set it up. I'm sure they have some insurance, but this will have a financial hit also. Let's see if we can make it happen. Frenchie you know where they are locally?

PlyaPlya22
12-10-2004, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the update Frenchie, I jsut found out about this. My thoughts and prayers are with Melissa, Mark and family at this time.

PHOTOGLOU
12-10-2004, 01:15 PM
Please keep us updated and Mark and Melissa you are in our prayers Jay

FRENCHIE
12-10-2004, 02:00 PM
It would be e-z enough to set up a fund at a local bank for them. Flowers are nice, but it may be better to send a card and a donation if we can set it up. I'm sure they have some insurance, but this will have a financial hit also. Let's see if we can make it happen. Frenchie you know where they are locally?
yea about 15 minutes from me.........for real.....BEAUMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i agree, cash donations would be good ill be discusssing this tonight with some peeps!!!! at the O.C. get together!!! :cool:

redneckgirl
12-10-2004, 02:06 PM
Let me know I would like to send some money!!!
Mark and Mellisa we are all praying for you!!!
RNG

rrrr
12-10-2004, 02:07 PM
I'll contribute if someone can set it up. I know that they will need the help.

Mrs.Racer277
12-10-2004, 02:12 PM
yea about 15 minutes from me.........for real.....BEAUMONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i agree, cash donations would be good ill be discusssing this tonight with some peeps!!!! at the O.C. get together!!! :cool:
Please keep us posted Frenchie. Thanks

Second "PLACE"
12-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Thanks For the Update FRENCHIE. I'm still amazed Mark was able to post with 2 broken wrists and he didn't even mention it to us. Let me know what the outcome is of the O.C. meeting, and I will try to contribute to this cause no doubt. We can AT LEAST be happy that they have both survived this incident. Strong lesson to be learned here, unfortunately SOME people will never learn. :devil:
Thoughts and Prayers for Mark & Melissa.
Mike

DryHeatOnly
12-10-2004, 02:29 PM
I am going to see Mark and Melissa at the hospital this afternoon, leaving Havasu @ 2:00 I will print this thread and take it with me so Mark can read it.
Just got news Melissa was taken off the ventalator (sp?) a short while ago, and is able to speak now!! Good news.
You guys are all so caring, I am sure your well wishes will Help!! Thanks!
I will post an update after I see them.
That's very good news. Thank you and Frenchie for the updates and the address to send a card.

DryHeatOnly
12-10-2004, 02:31 PM
:cool:

RiverKitty
12-10-2004, 03:44 PM
Just thought I'd add Marks Calendar page to the thread.
http://www.riverkitty.com/calendars/boysthatloveboating/January2005MarkWeb.jpg
Still in my prayers ~RK

atomickitn
12-10-2004, 03:48 PM
so sorry to hear the sad news my best wishes to both

XtrmWakeborder
12-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Wow thats horrible news..give them my wishes of a safe recovery

kphayes
12-10-2004, 08:50 PM
My thought's and prayer's go out to these two from our boating family. They were so generous to help my buddy Cale out and now it's my turn to do what ever I can for them.
Frenchie-Please keep me in the loop (if you don't mind) on where to send a donation or what ever we can.
GOD bless you Mark & Melissa!
Kyle

FRENCHIE
12-11-2004, 12:34 AM
My thought's and prayer's go out to these two from our boating family. They were so generous to help my buddy Cale out and now it's my turn to do what ever I can for them.
Frenchie-Please keep me in the loop (if you don't mind) on where to send a donation or what ever we can.
GOD bless you Mark & Melissa!
Kyle
stay tuned we are setting up a donation dealio for them for monday...keep up on the post!!! ;)

bunny 166
12-11-2004, 12:40 AM
let us know where to send the funds Frenchie... :clover:

FRENCHIE
12-11-2004, 12:46 AM
let me know where to find the Frenchie... :clover:
........................... :devil: :devil: :redface: ;) ;) :eat:

Mardonzi
12-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Even though we have never met Mark and Melissa, we still would like to donate to the cause,,, let us know also Frenchie....