PDA

View Full Version : 1988 Cole 18' for sale

Statue
04-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Hey guys I'm selling my 1988 Cole. It has new interior and runs great. It was rebuilt by Ron's marine about 75 Hours ago. I am asking $7500.00. I posted a picture, if you are interested call me at 951.616.7645. I have more interior pics as well. I would be happy to email them to you.
Thanks, Wes

NautiTwins
04-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Hey guys I'm selling my 1988 Cole. It has new interior and runs great. It was rebuilt by Ron's marine about 75 Hours ago. I am asking $7500.00. I posted a picture, if you are interested call me at 951.616.7645. I have more interior pics as well. I would be happy to email them to you.
Thanks, Wes
This boat looks very familiar. How does this hull handle with an out board??

Statue
04-18-2006, 07:38 AM
Not sure what you mean by how does it handle? It planes out quickly, turns pretty flat (not too much cavitaion, depends on engine trim position) very stable and very fast. It currently has a 25 pitch SS prop that works very well.
Wes

wright27
04-18-2006, 08:04 AM
Nauti. post a pic of your old boat.

NautiTwins
04-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Nauti. post a pic of your old boat.
I can e-mail them. I have not posted a pic in a while. Plus I would not want to jack his thread. It is the exact same gel. Statue, does your hull have a red pin strip between the grey and blue??? The Gauges are even in the same place. Hell if I did not know better I would say that Josh made the Jet an outboard.

Statue
04-18-2006, 08:48 AM
Guys, this boat has never been a Jet. I saw that same boat on here a while ago. I think it had a big block mopar. I bought this boat brand new. The only change is that it originally came with a 200 Merc which let go beyond repair. I had Ron's marine build me a 1988 175 Merc which actually runs better than the 200 ever did.

NautiTwins
04-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Guys, this boat has never been a Jet. I saw that same boat on here a while ago. I think it had a big block mopar. I bought this boat brand new. The only change is that it originally came with a 200 Merc which let go beyond repair. I had Ron's marine build me a 1988 175 Merc which actually runs better than the 200 ever did.
The boat is question is my old boat, that is why I was curious as to how it handled with an outboard on it. How well does it turn at mid range speeds? Mine had a rub rail on it where I see yours is solid. Nice looking boat and good luck with the sale.

Statue
04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks. It turns and sticks very well as long as the engine is trimmed underneath the boat. It does turn very "flat" like a roundy round boat. If the trim is above level, forget it. The prop will cavitate if turned sharply. If your boat was the jet, I think your gel coat was probably in better shape. This boat spent most of it's life outside and the gel has started to dull. But all in all, it looks pretty good. The interior guy did a GREAT job with the interior. The blues and greys in the gel coat match the interior stripes perfectly. I hate to sell it, but I just bought a 21' Lavey Craft Tunnel that is a bit of a project and needs about everything but the Hull. The hull is as nice as a show room boat. I attached a few pictures if you are interested.

NautiTwins
04-19-2006, 07:06 AM
Thanks. It turns and sticks very well as long as the engine is trimmed underneath the boat. It does turn very "flat" like a roundy round boat. If the trim is above level, forget it. The prop will cavitate if turned sharply. If your boat was the jet, I think your gel coat was probably in better shape. This boat spent most of it's life outside and the gel has started to dull. But all in all, it looks pretty good. The interior guy did a GREAT job with the interior. The blues and greys in the gel coat match the interior stripes perfectly. I hate to sell it, but I just bought a 21' Lavey Craft Tunnel that is a bit of a project and needs about everything but the Hull. The hull is as nice as a show room boat. I attached a few pictures if you are interested.
Nice looking boat. I dig the colors. How thick is the gel on the COLE? You may be able to just color sand it and bring it back to new. Look under the how to section and BillyB's thread PAINT. There is a lot of info there. You may be able to get more for the hull if the gel is in good condition.

Statue
04-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Bump.