PDA

View Full Version : Has Boat Insurance gotten that bad....

SCUBA STEVE
12-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Where progressive insurance wont insure my 21' open bow. Well they will but for a maximum value of 26k with the trailer. :(
I know my boat isnt a dcb, but I think a 2003 21' Aftershock skier is worth more the 26k. (I know I owe more then 26k) Jet drive with a Marine power 502, 415hp stock.
They said the speed & hp was fine but could not insure it the boat & trailer at 40k.
My current insurance is One Beacon insurance group some one exess refered me too , $744/year. Kind of pricey in my books. With 300k liability. I dont even think 300k in liabilty is enough these days. :burningm:
I am going to call AAA and see what they say, any other suggestions?

Kilrtoy
12-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Damn that is alot bro. I pay only 366 a year and its a SHOCKWAVE WITH THRU HULL EXHUAST

Boat Loan Guy
12-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Try these guys 951-280-9999
They do most of the boats I finance and there rates are very good.

SCUBA STEVE
12-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Damn that is alot bro. I pay only 366 a year and its a SHOCKWAVE WITH THRU HULL EXHUAST
Well give up the spot tight ass! :wink: :220v:

SCUBA STEVE
12-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Calling now! Thanks :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-10-2004, 01:55 PM
Steve, call Jason (LOL) and find out who we have. I know we pay less than $500/yr and its the same boat except for the i/o vs. jet.
I will find out who we are insured thru and let ya know since Jason is not very good at returning phone calls. Are you still waiting for one since August?? :D
xoxox

IN2MX
12-10-2004, 01:57 PM
AAA is the bomb brutha.....We have similar boats so you are looking at approx. 400-450 a year.....They are awesome when it comes to customer service and making a claim, no hassle......The only thing they get a little weird about is if you say you primarily use in Havasu / Colorado river. It is up to the underwriters discretion on whether they will cover you if you use it in Havasu. I told them I go to havasu 3 times a year and primarily use it at Pine Flat Lake and Castaic, and they had no problem with that. The underwriter approved me to use the boat in Havasu, and they have no idea that I primarily use it there.
GO WITH AAA.

nodigg
12-10-2004, 01:59 PM
I don't know about your particular boat Steve but I just got a quote from Allstate for a 2005 Magic deckboat with a 525 for a little over a thousand a year. (At $100,000 replacement value). My Cheetah is still around $800/year. I think I will call whoever gets refferred here and get comps too.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-10-2004, 02:00 PM
AAA is the bomb brutha.....We have similar boats so you are looking at approx. 400-450 a year.....They are awesome when it comes to customer service and making a claim, no hassle......The only thing they get a little weird about is if you say you primarily use in Havasu / Colorado river. It is up to the underwriters discretion on whether they will cover you if you use it in Havasu. I told them I go to havasu 3 times a year and primarily use it at Pine Flat Lake and Castaic, and they had no problem with that. The underwriter approved me to use the boat in Havasu, and they have no idea that I primarily use it there.
GO WITH AAA.
I am a AAA underwriter and now that I know you tricked me, you are in trouble. :sqeyes:
Just kidding! :p

Mrs. Restless22
12-10-2004, 02:02 PM
I am a AAA underwriter and now that I know you tricked me, you are in trouble. :sqeyes:
Just kidding! :p
Hey girl! I am a AAA sales agent! To bad our Congress werent combines...we could party together :D

SCUBA STEVE
12-10-2004, 02:07 PM
$578/YEAR but he said it would be through progressive. I am confused.
AAA is the next go around.
Rick, when did Allstate start doing Boats? I have my cars, life and home insurance with them. :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
12-10-2004, 02:11 PM
GO WITH AAA.
If they were to ever find out that you use it in a manner inconsistent with the infromation you provided to them and then have a claim, be prepared to [b]possibly[b] get your claim denied. When it comes to insurance you need to be forthcoming about what it is you have and how you use it in the unfortunate event that you do need to call upon its coverage. this is all contingetn upon the insurance company finding out you deceived them of course.
We've got a 29 ft deep v open bow with a 525 and we pay $725 per year. I'd have to double-check the policy for the coverage limits but I do believe it is at least a $500k policy.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-10-2004, 02:13 PM
Hey girl! I am a AAA sales agent! To bad our Congress werent combines...we could party together :D
I was joking, I am not an underwriter, I was just being sassy!
But we can still party together!! :shift:

BoatPI
12-10-2004, 02:16 PM
Scuba Steve, what may be occurring here is "stated value" insurance, rather that a policy that pays market vale. Or the insurer will not by their guidelines value the boat for more that their underwriters has determined to be an average value. Another company would have a different policy as you see by some of the replys.

dicudmore
If they were to ever find out that you use it in a manner inconsistent with the infromation you provided to them and then have a claim, be prepared to [b]possibly[b] get your claim denied. When it comes to insurance you need to be forthcoming about what it is you have and how you use it in the unfortunate event that you do need to call upon its coverage. this is all contingetn upon the insurance company finding out you deceived them of course.
We've got a 29 ft deep v open bow with a 525 and we pay $725 per year. I'd have to double-check the policy for the coverage limits but I do believe it is at least a $500k policy.
I'm paying twice that on my "almost" as Frenchie might say 29'

Boozer
$578/YEAR but he said it would be through progressive. I am confused.
AAA is the next go around.
Rick, when did Allstate start doing Boats? I have my cars, life and home insurance with them. :rollside:
You will actually get better rates on progressive through an independant insurance broker then you will through progressive directly. I dont know why that is but it is the way it is.
My policy is 148 a year with them and the replacement value is 25K. Need to switch it over to Arizona though now that the boat is being kept in havasu so it may go up some but I dont imagine much.

NOTALENT
12-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Where progressive insurance wont insure my 21' open bow. Well they will but for a maximum value of 26k with the trailer. :(
I know my boat isnt a dcb, but I think a 2003 21' Aftershock skier is worth more the 26k. (I know I owe more then 26k) Jet drive with a Marine power 502, 415hp stock.
They said the speed & hp was fine but could not insure it the boat & trailer at 40k.
My current insurance is One Beacon insurance group some one exess refered me too , $744/year. Kind of pricey in my books. With 300k liability. I dont even think 300k in liabilty is enough these days. :burningm:
I am going to call AAA and see what they say, any other suggestions?
Damn..I am with progressive.. for my Sleekcraft 23ft thru hull..WIth two tickets left on my record..and I only pay 512 a year..covered in az, and ca..

SCUBA STEVE
12-10-2004, 02:29 PM
Sounds like I am getting hosed. I would rather pay the $744 and get insured value, instead of market value if anything should happen. I don't think Key Bank would just take the market value and call it even. lol :cool:

jdf
12-10-2004, 02:51 PM
how true our boat's are paid for and it would be hard to replace them