PDA

View Full Version : new years

plaster dave
12-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Anyone going to the river or Havasu for new years???

H20Advantage
12-10-2004, 07:01 PM
We will be out in Havasu on 12/28 thru New Years.

BoatPI
12-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Same here.

Parker Dreamin
12-10-2004, 08:02 PM
In Parker Thurs - SUn.......

MsDrmr
12-10-2004, 08:04 PM
at home with the three kids :confused:
Damn it..I never have any fun :burningm:

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 08:14 PM
I may be going. Got to paint and settle into the new house.

MsDrmr
12-10-2004, 08:16 PM
I may be going. Got to paint and settle into the new house.
that sounds like fun...
Hey everyone a painting party Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 08:27 PM
that sounds like fun...
Hey everyone a painting party Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa
sounds like a plan. I'm in. :D

upsman105
12-10-2004, 08:29 PM
sounds like a plan. I'm in. :D
so you're inviting everyone to your house in Havasu for New Years??

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 08:33 PM
so you're inviting everyone to your house in Havasu for New Years??
Uh-oh. ummmmmmmmmmm....
Hey aren't you supposed to stick by your fellow UPS'ers. :)

upsman105
12-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Uh-oh. ummmmmmmmmmm....
Hey aren't you supposed to stick by your fellow UPS'ers. :)
Yeah I want to stick right by you in your house for New Years, can i bring the wife and kid too.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 08:39 PM
And by the way what are you delivering, I can't afford a home, and a house in Havasu, and a boat?

MsDrmr
12-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Yeah I want to stick right by you in your house for New Years, can i bring the wife and kid too.
yeah me too, I am sure ya dont' mind 1/2 of ***boat at your house for a painting party,, not much can happen (just ask Frenchie what happens when you have too many peep in the house) :D

Mrs CP 19
12-10-2004, 08:42 PM
We will be at the river (north of Needles) but not in Havazoo.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 08:43 PM
And by the way what are you delivering, I can't afford a home, and a house in Havasu, and a boat?
You kill me man. There is nothing in the house yet. Just closed escrow today. It will be a work weekend. With a drinking stop on New Years of course. :D I'm not delivering. I'm a computer tech for the moment but I'm not a Teamster so you make more money then me. My wife is a surgical nurse and I am extremely smart with our money. That is how we afford it. :) Besides you can't fool me. I saw your threads about supercharging your boat and I saw pics of you vette. :D

upsman105
12-10-2004, 08:52 PM
You kill me man. There is nothing in the house yet. Just closed escrow today. It will be a work weekend. With a drinking stop on New Years of course. :D I'm not delivering. I'm a computer tech for the moment but I'm not a Teamster so you make more money then me. My wife is a surgical nurse and I am extremely smart with our money. That is how we afford it. :) Besides you can't fool me. I saw your threads about supercharging your boat and I saw pics of you vette. :D
I'm not a teamster either, AZ is a right to work state, and next to the U.S. Govt. the teamsters is the most crooked organization I know. And by the way I don't think I can get a supercharge to fit in my boat.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 08:56 PM
I'm not a teamster either, AZ is a right to work state, and next to the U.S. Govt. the teamsters is the most crooked organization I know. And by the way I don't think I can get a supercharge to fit in my boat.
Wow holy crap. I thought all drivers were teamsters. Well at least most are. I am going to have to agree with you though. I hope you still get paid well though. I'm sure you do otherwise your screenname wouldn't be upsman105. But I hated when I started out having to pay twice my hourly pay a month when I was a Christmas hire and didn't have any rights. Even after permanent I never saw any benefits.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 08:57 PM
yeah me too, I am sure ya dont' mind 1/2 of ***boat at your house for a painting party,, not much can happen (just ask Frenchie what happens when you have too many peep in the house) :D
Exactly, I saw the halloween pics. I wouldn't mind having a hangout or something one day but no huge parties. Especially with nothing in the house and with the wife pregnant.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 08:59 PM
Just like the govt. they are a necessary evil, they were good when they started but they have gotten so corrupt, and out of control, eventually something is going to have to give. Just like this govt. although I noticed you were changing the subject.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Just like the govt. they are a necessary evil, they were good when they started but they have gotten so corrupt, and out of control, eventually something is going to have to give. Just like this govt. although I noticed you were changing the subject.
I agree. Was good but I don't think they do much is this day and age. Way to powerful. 97 is a great example. What did I change the subject on??????

upsman105
12-10-2004, 09:01 PM
inviting me to Havasu for New Years. 97 was when I quit the union, man they were pissed.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:04 PM
inviting me to Havasu for New Years. 97 was when I quit the union, man they were pissed.
I don't even know what's going on just yet. We just closed escrow today. We weren't even supposed to close til the end of the month. At least I get to claim the taxes this year. :)
So you can be in the union if you want in Arizona?????

upsman105
12-10-2004, 09:07 PM
I don't even know what's going on just yet. We just closed escrow today. We weren't even supposed to close til the end of the month. At least I get to claim the taxes this year. :)
So you can be in the union if you want in Arizona?????
Yes, because it is a right-to-work state you do not have to be in the union to have a union job, back east and other places you have to be in the union to have that job. There are legalities here and there, but thats the basic, I just don't pay dues, although legally they still have to represent me, but I have never needed them to, or asked them to. I do my job keep my customers happy and go home.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Yes, because it is a right-to-work state you do not have to be in the union to have a union job, back east and other places you have to be in the union to have that job. There are legalities here and there, but thats the basic, I just don't pay dues, although legally they still have to represent me, but I have never needed them to, or asked them to. I do my job keep my customers happy and go home.
Niiiice setup. I wish. I think it would make things so much easier for our company if it were that way here. What center do you work out of. I don't know where surprise is close too??

upsman105
12-10-2004, 09:12 PM
It is metropolitan Phx. there are three hubs Phx, Tempe, and now Gilbert. I work out of Phoenix, North Center, Surprise is NW of Phoenix, it is about 45mins one way.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:17 PM
It is metropolitan Phx. there are three hubs Phx, Tempe, and now Gilbert. I work out of Phoenix, North Center, Surprise is NW of Phoenix, it is about 45mins one way.
ok gotcha. Yeah I know all the centers, just never heard of surprise. I used to work in the helpdesk and you used to be part of the pacific region. In fact I think they still take your calls in the middle of the night. I didn't know about the new one in gilbert though. I know most of your internal tsg guys there in phoenix.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 09:27 PM
do you have pics of the new house, or were they posted and I missed them?

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:31 PM
do you have pics of the new house, or were they posted and I missed them?
no sorry. I'll post some when I get some. I just went to the manufacturers website and they don't have a pic of my model. :(

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:33 PM
the layout is kinda like this though.
http://www.sunmeadowhomes.com/floor_plans_2.htm
Shoshone model.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 09:36 PM
shoshone or sunburst

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:38 PM
shoshone or sunburst
shoshone
The only difference I can remember is the front window goes all the way to the floor and is a half moon at the top.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 09:42 PM
looks really nice, is it up in the hills?

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:46 PM
looks really nice, is it up in the hills?
No. I would say if you drew a straight line to the lake it would be no more than two miles at the very most. Very nice view from the backyard. Couple of minutes to windsor.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 09:48 PM
cool, my wife lived there for 6 mos. , waiting for me to get a transfer that never came, so she quit her job came back we bought a house, and then they were begging me to transfer. thanks a little late.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:53 PM
cool, my wife lived there for 6 mos. , waiting for me to get a transfer that never came, so she quit her job came back we bought a house, and then they were begging me to transfer. thanks a little late.
awww dude that sucks. If I would have know you then I would have said something to Tim Kinzer. He's the sup for Havi, Kingman and Riviera (bullhead city). Never met him face to face but I've fixed his computer and done him favors many of times. If I ever decided to actually leave cali I would want his job.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 09:56 PM
this was about 6 years ago, my wife worked for the city, anything that could be done was. Even a call from the mayor did not help.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 09:58 PM
have you guys got on the new edd system??

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 09:58 PM
this was about 6 years ago, my wife worked for the city, anything that could be done was. Even a call from the mayor did not help.
yeah I hear ya. besides I'm just finished five years.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 10:00 PM
yeah I hear ya. besides I'm just finished five years.
you've only been there 5 years.?

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 10:02 PM
you've only been there 5 years.?
Yeah I'm just a young punk with big aspirations. I started as a Christmas Hire in October of 99. So my actual five year date isn't until January. I always hated getting cheated out of those three months. And since you will probably ask I just turned 25.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 10:06 PM
you young punk, started when I was 18, that was 17 years ago, you do the math.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 10:10 PM
you young punk, started when I was 18, that was 17 years ago, you do the math.
you old fart. j/k
Your only 10 years older than me.
The great thing is that at 55 our tour of duty will be over and we will pretty much be taken care of for the rest of our lives. :D

upsman105
12-10-2004, 10:12 PM
do you guys have a 401k?

Mrs CP 19
12-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Wow...anyone see what happened to the "Havsu or river for new years' thread? Just kidding. jill

upsman105
12-10-2004, 10:15 PM
Wow...anyone see what happened to the "Havsu or river for new years' thread? Just kidding. jill
a couple of brown guys took it an ran.

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 10:19 PM
do you guys have a 401k?
401k, the discount stock purchase program and a pension that I don't pay a dime into. I can't wait to get into management and get my MIP. Also have individual investments on the side. And the beauty of this new house in Havi is that even though it is for personal enjoyment it sure does help the old portfolio. :D

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mrs CP 19
a couple of brown guys took it an ran.
That's funny stuff. Sorry about the thread hijack but it's a slow friday night and we are hear to talk and it involved into this. Besides I think it was just upsman105 trying to get the subject away from having a party at his place in surprise, arizona.

upsman105
12-10-2004, 10:23 PM
you have a house in Ca too?

voodoomedman
12-10-2004, 10:25 PM
you have a house in Ca too?
Yes but I try not to consider my primary home as an investment. It is a necessity. If I get in trouble and sell it to get money then I have no place to live. Now if I sell the one in Havi, I would cry and have to put the boat back in storage and stay in hotels and stuff but I still have a roof over my head at home.